Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Secular government or ????

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 11:43:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, I've heard the claim that this is a Christian nation (The US) many times. I would like to combat this.

Secular Government: Defined as a government which makes no affiliation or bases no laws solely on the basis of a belief set (or lack thereof).

Under god and in god we trust were added in the 50's as part of the Red Scare (It was 54 or 53. There is some discrepancy because of implementation and the date it was conceived, so one of those two years)

Freedom of religion means that you not only have the right to practice your religion, but the right to not practice all other religions. Freedom from religion is fundamental to freedom of religion.

The US is a secular nation, as in the church is not supposed to be involved in the state affairs and vice versa.

My question, if you accept that this is a secular nation, then do you think that there is a better system of religious ties (or lack of) to better the government?

If you don't think this is a secular nation, why?

If you accept this is a secular nation, and like it, then I do not care what you have to say, and you are probably wasting my time.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved