Total Posts:364|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Should atheists be banned from this section?

neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here are just a couple of comments I got in just ONE day of debating the extremist atheists in this section:

At 4/20/2014 6:23:55 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
From what he's posted elsewhere, I think Neutral might have shot some kids while on military duty and now be desperately trying to find forgiveness. It would fit with the massively insecure, blame-heavy projection and inability to accept fault. Pretty sad, but it doesn't excuse him being a hypocritical, ignorant, delusional jerk. Or killing kids.

At 4/20/2014 7:58:40 AM, Graincruncher wrote:


I've never heard from them. Sorry to upset you, but the fact you mouth off like the world's least self-aware psychopath and then wet yourself when someone is rude in response to one of your huge, insult-studded, foam-flecked rants doesn't equate to anyone giving a sh*t about it. I can only assume that they, like most others here, think you're a deranged troll and therefore ignore your constant hypocritical demands that someone come and hold your hand until the bad man goes away.

I take it I was right, then?

At 4/20/2014 4:20:10 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


Forgive me, the argument is invalid as I did a copy and paste error. Here is the revised version:

P1.) If Neutral is acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot, then he is a d*ckhead
P2.) Neutral acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot
C.) Neutral is a d*ckhead

Demonstrate the argument invalid or the premises unsound otherwise the conclusion stands.

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:33:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM, neutral wrote:
Here are just a couple of comments I got in just ONE day of debating the extremist atheists in this section:

At 4/20/2014 6:23:55 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
From what he's posted elsewhere, I think Neutral might have shot some kids while on military duty and now be desperately trying to find forgiveness. It would fit with the massively insecure, blame-heavy projection and inability to accept fault. Pretty sad, but it doesn't excuse him being a hypocritical, ignorant, delusional jerk. Or killing kids.

At 4/20/2014 7:58:40 AM, Graincruncher wrote:


I've never heard from them. Sorry to upset you, but the fact you mouth off like the world's least self-aware psychopath and then wet yourself when someone is rude in response to one of your huge, insult-studded, foam-flecked rants doesn't equate to anyone giving a sh*t about it. I can only assume that they, like most others here, think you're a deranged troll and therefore ignore your constant hypocritical demands that someone come and hold your hand until the bad man goes away.

I take it I was right, then?

At 4/20/2014 4:20:10 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


Forgive me, the argument is invalid as I did a copy and paste error. Here is the revised version:

P1.) If Neutral is acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot, then he is a d*ckhead
P2.) Neutral acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot
C.) Neutral is a d*ckhead

Demonstrate the argument invalid or the premises unsound otherwise the conclusion stands.

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?

Perhaps they should see the evidence in context:

http://www.debate.org...

This thread, from beginning to end. I find it laughable the double standard you employ when being personally attacked compared with how you consistently and constantly personally attack and belittle others.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:35:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:33:26 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM, neutral wrote:
Here are just a couple of comments I got in just ONE day of debating the extremist atheists in this section:

At 4/20/2014 6:23:55 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
From what he's posted elsewhere, I think Neutral might have shot some kids while on military duty and now be desperately trying to find forgiveness. It would fit with the massively insecure, blame-heavy projection and inability to accept fault. Pretty sad, but it doesn't excuse him being a hypocritical, ignorant, delusional jerk. Or killing kids.

At 4/20/2014 7:58:40 AM, Graincruncher wrote:


I've never heard from them. Sorry to upset you, but the fact you mouth off like the world's least self-aware psychopath and then wet yourself when someone is rude in response to one of your huge, insult-studded, foam-flecked rants doesn't equate to anyone giving a sh*t about it. I can only assume that they, like most others here, think you're a deranged troll and therefore ignore your constant hypocritical demands that someone come and hold your hand until the bad man goes away.

I take it I was right, then?

At 4/20/2014 4:20:10 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


Forgive me, the argument is invalid as I did a copy and paste error. Here is the revised version:

P1.) If Neutral is acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot, then he is a d*ckhead
P2.) Neutral acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot
C.) Neutral is a d*ckhead

Demonstrate the argument invalid or the premises unsound otherwise the conclusion stands.

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?

Perhaps they should see the evidence in context:

http://www.debate.org...

This thread, from beginning to end. I find it laughable the double standard you employ when being personally attacked compared with how you consistently and constantly personally attack and belittle others.

Thank you for once again offering us your divine thoughts without proof ...

The inability to control YOUR temper - is YOUR fault. YOUR responsibility. You have YET to add a cogent or thoughtful post to this section, having devolved in EVERY case into a craven display of wanton insults.

And all ANYONE has to do to set off the abuse is disagree with you.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:40:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:35:36 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 4:33:26 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM, neutral wrote:
Here are just a couple of comments I got in just ONE day of debating the extremist atheists in this section:

At 4/20/2014 6:23:55 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
From what he's posted elsewhere, I think Neutral might have shot some kids while on military duty and now be desperately trying to find forgiveness. It would fit with the massively insecure, blame-heavy projection and inability to accept fault. Pretty sad, but it doesn't excuse him being a hypocritical, ignorant, delusional jerk. Or killing kids.

At 4/20/2014 7:58:40 AM, Graincruncher wrote:


I've never heard from them. Sorry to upset you, but the fact you mouth off like the world's least self-aware psychopath and then wet yourself when someone is rude in response to one of your huge, insult-studded, foam-flecked rants doesn't equate to anyone giving a sh*t about it. I can only assume that they, like most others here, think you're a deranged troll and therefore ignore your constant hypocritical demands that someone come and hold your hand until the bad man goes away.

I take it I was right, then?

At 4/20/2014 4:20:10 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


Forgive me, the argument is invalid as I did a copy and paste error. Here is the revised version:

P1.) If Neutral is acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot, then he is a d*ckhead
P2.) Neutral acts like an ignorant flaming abusing idiot
C.) Neutral is a d*ckhead

Demonstrate the argument invalid or the premises unsound otherwise the conclusion stands.

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?

Perhaps they should see the evidence in context:

http://www.debate.org...

This thread, from beginning to end. I find it laughable the double standard you employ when being personally attacked compared with how you consistently and constantly personally attack and belittle others.

Thank you for once again offering us your divine thoughts without proof ...

The inability to control YOUR temper - is YOUR fault. YOUR responsibility. You have YET to add a cogent or thoughtful post to this section, having devolved in EVERY case into a craven display of wanton insults.

And all ANYONE has to do to set off the abuse is disagree with you.

I offered plenty of evidence to demonstrate my case. As has virtually everyone else in that thread. If everyone is telling you the same thing, don't you think a little self-reflection is in order? Also there is an empirical test you can do to demonstrate this to a certain degree.

Find the capital letter/lowercase letter ratio. I guarantee it'll be statistically significantly higher in your case than the average in that thread.

Prove me wrong on that and I'll cyber-kiss-your-feet.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:49:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:40:51 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


I offered plenty of evidence to demonstrate my case. As has virtually everyone else in that thread. If everyone is telling you the same thing, don't you think a little self-reflection is in order? Also there is an empirical test you can do to demonstrate this to a certain degree.

Find the capital letter/lowercase letter ratio. I guarantee it'll be statistically significantly higher in your case than the average in that thread.

Prove me wrong on that and I'll cyber-kiss-your-feet.

As is evidenced by your claim that you evidenced.

This is why atheists SHOUD be banned form the religion section. Its nothing but a bunch of people talking about what THEY did and DID NOT do - and has no actual bearing on the topics at hand.

They INSIST on dragging themselves personally into arguments, get offended by their own decision to be PERSONALLY involved, and then that offense becomes the excuse for simple and wanton abuse.

Do atheists add ANYTHINg beneficial to this forum? Or are we so swamped in the motional excesses of atheism, that even attempting to criticize the more egregious behavior just results in an emotive diatribe from atheists who .. as we see in the pattern above, take any criticism personally, and use that as an excuse to go abusive.

Seriously, Snow made one of the most inflammatory comments (and its not his firstP that I have ever seen in a discussion - nakedly and openly attacking another poster. Yet he's pretending to be this forums most valued member?

He's all atwitter about his use of evidence (which is, as usual, absent), but is completely unable to see the evidence of his own vicious actions and their consequences.

These types make it impossible to actually discuss religion. They SHOULD BE banned.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:54:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:49:34 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 4:40:51 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


I offered plenty of evidence to demonstrate my case. As has virtually everyone else in that thread. If everyone is telling you the same thing, don't you think a little self-reflection is in order? Also there is an empirical test you can do to demonstrate this to a certain degree.

Find the capital letter/lowercase letter ratio. I guarantee it'll be statistically significantly higher in your case than the average in that thread.

Prove me wrong on that and I'll cyber-kiss-your-feet.

As is evidenced by your claim that you evidenced.

This is why atheists (1)SHOUD be banned form the religion section. Its nothing but a bunch of people talking about what (2)THEY did and (3+4)DID NOT do - and has no actual bearing on the topics at hand.

They (5)INSIST on dragging themselves personally into arguments, get offended by their own decision to be (6)PERSONALLY involved, and then that offense becomes the excuse for simple and wanton abuse.

Do atheists add (7)ANYTHINg beneficial to this forum? Or are we so swamped in the motional excesses of atheism, that even attempting to criticize the more egregious behavior just results in an emotive diatribe from atheists who .. as we see in the pattern above, take any criticism personally, and use that as an excuse to go abusive.

Seriously, Snow made one of the most inflammatory comments (and its not his firstP that I have ever seen in a discussion - nakedly and openly attacking another poster. Yet he's pretending to be this forums most valued member?

He's all atwitter about his use of evidence (which is, as usual, absent), but is completely unable to see the evidence of his own vicious actions and their consequences.

These types make it impossible to actually discuss religion. They (8+9)SHOULD BE banned.

Lol. How nice of you to do all the hard work for me! 9 capslocked words. And blatant bigotry towards atheists smothered all over your post from beginning to end.

Need I say more?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Kerfluffer
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:01:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
All atheists who have, do, and will post here? No.

These guys, and anyone else who acts alike? Absolutely.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:05:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:54:56 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


Lol. How nice of you to do all the hard work for me! 9 capslocked words. And blatant bigotry towards atheists smothered all over your post from beginning to end.

Need I say more?

Yeah, cause its TERRIBLY difficult to hit a plus button, but and paste a few of the more asinine comments (which are hardly difficult to find), and wrote a sentence or two.

Five minutes ... max.

And if that was difficult ... you must live a very pampered life indeed.

But thank you for making so compelling a case about the value you atheists add to this forum. The ability to make the very participation in this forum ... a travestatingly difficult trail.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:05:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM, neutral wrote:

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.


Please understand, neutral, you get this on both sides of this debate. Just be thankful you don't own a building in New York to have been the recipient of the type of vitriol that religious zealots are capable of delivering.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?


Yes, we are quite capable. In fact, we are less emotionally invested and, therefore, are often far more civil than religious believers. I, personally, would love to see religion abolished from the memory of humanity, forever. However, I respect an individual's right to choose for themselves. Rational discussion affords us the forum for convincing others that one's position is the correct one, rationally.
The vitriol with which one delivers arguments is more often indicative of the intellect behind the statements than it is the position. Lumping all atheists into one 'behavioral group' is no more accurate than when done to religious believers.

Peace unto you.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:07:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:01:57 PM, Kerfluffer wrote:
All atheists who have, do, and will post here? No.

These guys, and anyone else who acts alike? Absolutely.

Seriously, what do atheists actually add to this forum?

They dump left and right on religion, and when you try to correct them they insult and lecture you.

heir own support of their own position on religion? Its absent entirely.

They add nothing of substance.

What good do they add?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:09:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:05:13 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM, neutral wrote:

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.


Please understand, neutral, you get this on both sides of this debate. Just be thankful you don't own a building in New York to have been the recipient of the type of vitriol that religious zealots are capable of delivering.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?


Yes, we are quite capable. In fact, we are less emotionally invested and, therefore, are often far more civil than religious believers. I, personally, would love to see religion abolished from the memory of humanity, forever. However, I respect an individual's right to choose for themselves. Rational discussion affords us the forum for convincing others that one's position is the correct one, rationally.
The vitriol with which one delivers arguments is more often indicative of the intellect behind the statements than it is the position. Lumping all atheists into one 'behavioral group' is no more accurate than when done to religious believers.

Peace unto you.

That is interesting because you are the second atheist to give me that excuse today. In New York, the Police actually arrest and punish those who openly harass Muslims.

Here?

Nothing. And the extremist taunts and insults are FROM THE FORUM'S participants. Its not some building in New York, its here.

You say you are capable of discussing religion?

Show me?

Show me a thread, just one, where the atheist participation has been all above board.

Just one.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:09:09 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:05:13 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 4/20/2014 4:28:11 PM, neutral wrote:

And in the middle of these antics, I have an atheist lecturing ME about the need to be civil.


Please understand, neutral, you get this on both sides of this debate. Just be thankful you don't own a building in New York to have been the recipient of the type of vitriol that religious zealots are capable of delivering.

Are atheists even capable of discussing religion rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly vicious conduct indicative that these guys are just a hinderance to actual discussion of religion?


Yes, we are quite capable. In fact, we are less emotionally invested and, therefore, are often far more civil than religious believers. I, personally, would love to see religion abolished from the memory of humanity, forever. However, I respect an individual's right to choose for themselves. Rational discussion affords us the forum for convincing others that one's position is the correct one, rationally.
The vitriol with which one delivers arguments is more often indicative of the intellect behind the statements than it is the position. Lumping all atheists into one 'behavioral group' is no more accurate than when done to religious believers.

Peace unto you.

That is interesting because you are the second atheist to give me that excuse today. In New York, the Police actually arrest and punish those who openly harass Muslims.

Here?

Nothing. And the extremist taunts and insults are FROM THE FORUM'S participants. Its not some building in New York, its here.

You say you are capable of discussing religion?

Show me?

Show me a thread, just one, where the atheist participation has been all above board.

Just one.

http://www.debate.org...
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:14:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Start with #67 and witness the exchange between Fatihah (A muslim) and myself ( A Christian) See the jumping in of irrelvant and largely ignorant atheists to break that up?

What do you atheists add to this forum?

Muslims and Christians can be respectful, you guys?
TheOncomingStorm
Posts: 249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:14:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No, atheists have as much right to discuss religion as a theist. Both have a view on God (including the view that God does not exist obviously), and one's belief concerning God should never be a determining factor in whether he/she is allowed to participate in the religion section just because you don't like what they say sometimes. Doing so would harm a lot of education concerning the topic of religion to ban atheist members from this section.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Even one.

I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:18:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Even one.

I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:19:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:14:39 PM, TheOncomingStorm wrote:
No, atheists have as much right to discuss religion as a theist. Both have a view on God (including the view that God does not exist obviously), and one's belief concerning God should never be a determining factor in whether he/she is allowed to participate in the religion section just because you don't like what they say sometimes. Doing so would harm a lot of education concerning the topic of religion to ban atheist members from this section.

Do they actually discuss it?

Or just crap maliciously all over it?

I would love to see atheists discuss it ... but every, and I do mean EVERY discussion I have here is interrupted and smeared by atheists. Even those between Christians and Muslims, where the irrational rants and insults are nothing but distractions.

And the more intelligent or reposed you are, the more attacks you generate from atheists.

Should we not stop pretending that atheists are here to discuss religion? Just call a spade a spade?

I mean would we encourage the KKK to come in and have a nice discussion about Jews and Black People?

Or might, given this forums prohibition of hate speech, that not be helpful? In EITHER case?
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:22:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

You just asked for one. You should have specified a minimum number of posts if that was an important factor. Not realising that was the case, I know the easiest way to find a thread which would satisfy your request.


As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Are you sure you don't want theists as well? It'd be easier for you to make a full request instead of continuing to move the goalposts.


Even one.

So not two?


I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

Who said "good discussion"?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:24:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:18:50 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Even one.

I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

I am sorry, I realize that this is forum rule violation, but having been subjected to this wankers abuse one too many times I insist: you are a complete idiot.

The fallacy of special pleading, is that one asks for a standard they cannot meet.

So atheist, having ALREADY provided the exchange between Fatihah and myself, juxtapositioned with atheist rants interrupting a good dialogue, I have already met the standard I asked for.

If you weren't so malicious and in need of lashing out, you would have noticed that.

What do you atheists add of substance? Insults AND deliberate inaccuracies ... we NEED more of that don;t we!?!

Its rhetorical Snow, I just thought I would mention that ... cause apparently I need too.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:26:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:22:22 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

You just asked for one. You should have specified a minimum number of posts if that was an important factor. Not realising that was the case, I know the easiest way to find a thread which would satisfy your request.


As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Are you sure you don't want theists as well? It'd be easier for you to make a full request instead of continuing to move the goalposts.


Even one.

So not two?


I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

Who said "good discussion"?

No, I made the apparently wrong assumption that atheists would know a discussion requires a response ... at the very least.

My bad.

Lets hope the clarification helps.

Not that it would appear to, as it appears to be an excuse fro more low quality irrelevant BS that does nothing to tell us what benefit atheists add to the forum.

Which appears to be ... reponses that generate NO commentary. YEAH!

Sure is wonderful having you guys here coin that admits the constant stream of vitriol! So ... er, thanks!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:32:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:26:36 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:22:22 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

You just asked for one. You should have specified a minimum number of posts if that was an important factor. Not realising that was the case, I know the easiest way to find a thread which would satisfy your request.


As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Are you sure you don't want theists as well? It'd be easier for you to make a full request instead of continuing to move the goalposts.


Even one.

So not two?


I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

Who said "good discussion"?

No, I made the apparently wrong assumption that atheists would know a discussion requires a response ... at the very least.

"Show me a thread, just one, where the atheist participation has been all above board."

You didn't ask for a discussion.


My bad.

Lets hope the clarification helps.

Not that it would appear to, as it appears to be an excuse fro more low quality irrelevant BS that does nothing to tell us what benefit atheists add to the forum.

There really needs to be a term for discrimination and prejudice against atheists. If there is can someone tell me what it is? It applies to this guy.


Which appears to be ... reponses that generate NO commentary. YEAH!

Sure is wonderful having you guys here coin that admits the constant stream of vitriol! So ... er, thanks!

I don't understand you.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:33:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:24:32 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:18:50 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Even one.

I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

I am sorry, I realize that this is forum rule violation, but having been subjected to this wankers abuse one too many times I insist: you are a complete idiot.

Lol, so even links abuse you now.

The fallacy of special pleading, is that one asks for a standard they cannot meet.

Seems like your argument fits the bill.

Or perhaps this one does?
http://www.debate.org...

So atheist, having ALREADY provided the exchange between Fatihah and myself, juxtapositioned with atheist rants interrupting a good dialogue, I have already met the standard I asked for.

You do realize repeatedly lumping atheists into one group and generalizing them is just bad, right? Remember when I attacked YEC and you threw a tantrum? Same thing here.

If you weren't so malicious and in need of lashing out, you would have noticed that.

Tu torque, sir. And I actually read that thread.

What do you atheists add of substance? Insults AND deliberate inaccuracies ... we NEED more of that don;t we!?!

2 Capslock words. And they add their own intelligence & reason to conversations, and an antithesis.

Its rhetorical Snow, I just thought I would mention that ... cause apparently I need too.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:36:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:32:24 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:26:36 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:22:22 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

You just asked for one. You should have specified a minimum number of posts if that was an important factor. Not realising that was the case, I know the easiest way to find a thread which would satisfy your request.


As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Are you sure you don't want theists as well? It'd be easier for you to make a full request instead of continuing to move the goalposts.


Even one.

So not two?


I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

Who said "good discussion"?

No, I made the apparently wrong assumption that atheists would know a discussion requires a response ... at the very least.

"Show me a thread, just one, where the atheist participation has been all above board."

You didn't ask for a discussion.


My bad.

Lets hope the clarification helps.

Not that it would appear to, as it appears to be an excuse fro more low quality irrelevant BS that does nothing to tell us what benefit atheists add to the forum.

There really needs to be a term for discrimination and prejudice against atheists. If there is can someone tell me what it is? It applies to this guy.


Which appears to be ... reponses that generate NO commentary. YEAH!

Sure is wonderful having you guys here coin that admits the constant stream of vitriol! So ... er, thanks!

I don't understand you.

Its a pretty simple concept - WTF to you atheists add of benefit to this section of the forum?

Threads with no responses is not exactly compelling.

In sharp contrast, even those of us discussing religion have to deal with the wankers of atheism interrupting us with stupid pot shot and inane, non-germain questions. And that is when you guys are behaving well.

If we dare to criticize your antics .. we get the OP. Straight on viciousness and abuse.

Why not just call a spade a spade and acknowledge that the nihilistic bigotry that has consumed atheism these days has made it impossible for you atheists to have a positive effect on this section?

Seems simpler.

I for one would enjoy having a mutually respectful conversation with Fatihah in which WE SHARE aspects of our faith rather than be exposed to craven lunacy and insults.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:41:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:33:45 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:24:32 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:18:50 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Even one.

I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

I am sorry, I realize that this is forum rule violation, but having been subjected to this wankers abuse one too many times I insist: you are a complete idiot.

Lol, so even links abuse you now.

The fallacy of special pleading, is that one asks for a standard they cannot meet.

Seems like your argument fits the bill.

Or perhaps this one does?
http://www.debate.org...

So atheist, having ALREADY provided the exchange between Fatihah and myself, juxtapositioned with atheist rants interrupting a good dialogue, I have already met the standard I asked for.

You do realize repeatedly lumping atheists into one group and generalizing them is just bad, right? Remember when I attacked YEC and you threw a tantrum? Same thing here.

If you weren't so malicious and in need of lashing out, you would have noticed that.

Tu torque, sir. And I actually read that thread.

What do you atheists add of substance? Insults AND deliberate inaccuracies ... we NEED more of that don;t we!?!

2 Capslock words. And they add their own intelligence & reason to conversations, and an antithesis.

Its rhetorical Snow, I just thought I would mention that ... cause apparently I need too.

We poison EVERYTHING.

Please do not hypocritically lecture me atheist. You extremists do it ALL the time, and I am having difficultly finding even ONE of you that is not behaving like a total wanker ... indeed the ONE atheist who says you DON'T have to act like total wankers is having a difficult time finding an exchange where at least some of the atheist wankers interrupt and engage in wanton wankerism.

So instead of attempting to justify your abuse ... how about you attempt to justify the benefit that YOU, as an atheist, bring to this forum.

Because the OP is exhibit A about what YOU bring this forum. An out the blue (and its not the first time atheist) and utterly vicious attack - always waiting just under the surface where anyone who disagrees with you risks being exposed to based on whatever craven excuse or rationalization you use to justify it.

Instead of criticizing others, especially with a failure so prominently displayed, attempt to SUPPORT YOU. OTHERS LIKE YOU.

What benefit to you atheists bring here? Other than constant disruptions and insults? Can you even discuss religion without blowing your stack? (and its NOT the first time is it).
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:44:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If the conversation was confined to,say, the finer points of theology it would probably only pique the interest of religious folks, but most of the threads here beg controversy, so that's what you get- and that's what people who post here seem to like. One could choose to ignore ad hominem laden posts and in-civil posters. Just saying... You don't have to feed the trolls.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:44:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:36:33 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:32:24 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:26:36 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:22:22 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

You just asked for one. You should have specified a minimum number of posts if that was an important factor. Not realising that was the case, I know the easiest way to find a thread which would satisfy your request.


As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Are you sure you don't want theists as well? It'd be easier for you to make a full request instead of continuing to move the goalposts.


Even one.

So not two?


I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

Who said "good discussion"?

No, I made the apparently wrong assumption that atheists would know a discussion requires a response ... at the very least.

"Show me a thread, just one, where the atheist participation has been all above board."

You didn't ask for a discussion.


My bad.

Lets hope the clarification helps.

Not that it would appear to, as it appears to be an excuse fro more low quality irrelevant BS that does nothing to tell us what benefit atheists add to the forum.

There really needs to be a term for discrimination and prejudice against atheists. If there is can someone tell me what it is? It applies to this guy.


Which appears to be ... reponses that generate NO commentary. YEAH!

Sure is wonderful having you guys here coin that admits the constant stream of vitriol! So ... er, thanks!

I don't understand you.

Its a pretty simple concept - WTF to you atheists add of benefit to this section of the forum?

Threads with no responses is not exactly compelling.

Are you trying to make you that you asked "WTF to you atheists add of benefit to this section of the forum?" and I replied with "Threads with no responses". Because that didn't happen, and everybody can see that.


In sharp contrast, even those of us discussing religion have to deal with the wankers of atheism interrupting us with stupid pot shot and inane, non-germain questions. And that is when you guys are behaving well.

The accused deserve to be heard.


If we dare to criticize your antics .. we get the OP. Straight on viciousness and abuse.

Why not just call a spade a spade and acknowledge that the nihilistic bigotry that has consumed atheism these days has made it impossible for you atheists to have a positive effect on this section?

Blanket discrimination.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:45:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:44:53 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:36:33 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:32:24 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:26:36 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:22:22 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

You just asked for one. You should have specified a minimum number of posts if that was an important factor. Not realising that was the case, I know the easiest way to find a thread which would satisfy your request.


As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Are you sure you don't want theists as well? It'd be easier for you to make a full request instead of continuing to move the goalposts.


Even one.

So not two?


I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

Who said "good discussion"?

No, I made the apparently wrong assumption that atheists would know a discussion requires a response ... at the very least.

"Show me a thread, just one, where the atheist participation has been all above board."

You didn't ask for a discussion.


My bad.

Lets hope the clarification helps.

Not that it would appear to, as it appears to be an excuse fro more low quality irrelevant BS that does nothing to tell us what benefit atheists add to the forum.

There really needs to be a term for discrimination and prejudice against atheists. If there is can someone tell me what it is? It applies to this guy.


Which appears to be ... reponses that generate NO commentary. YEAH!

Sure is wonderful having you guys here coin that admits the constant stream of vitriol! So ... er, thanks!

I don't understand you.

Its a pretty simple concept - WTF to you atheists add of benefit to this section of the forum?

Threads with no responses is not exactly compelling.

Are you trying to make you that you asked "WTF to you atheists add of benefit to this section of the forum?" and I replied with "Threads with no responses". Because that didn't happen, and everybody can see that.


In sharp contrast, even those of us discussing religion have to deal with the wankers of atheism interrupting us with stupid pot shot and inane, non-germain questions. And that is when you guys are behaving well.

The accused deserve to be heard.


If we dare to criticize your antics .. we get the OP. Straight on viciousness and abuse.

Why not just call a spade a spade and acknowledge that the nihilistic bigotry that has consumed atheism these days has made it impossible for you atheists to have a positive effect on this section?

Blanket discrimination.

So its not a debate or discussion, atheists need to be put on trail!

Oh yeah, we need THAT.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 5:48:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/20/2014 5:41:04 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:33:45 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:24:32 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:18:50 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:16:55 PM, neutral wrote:
At 4/20/2014 5:12:51 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:


http://www.debate.org...

That one ALSO made me almost spit milk out my nose.

So atheists are fine a discussion as long as NO one responds to them and there is no actual discussion taking place.

As of that posting, the OP is the ONLY response that thread generated.

So lets clarify it for addled atheists here, show me an actual discussion where multiple atheists have participated, and its been a decent, civilized, and venerable discourse.

Even one.

I would have figured that was self evident, but seeing atheists think that no response to their ideas is a good discussion is ... amusing if nothing else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

I am sorry, I realize that this is forum rule violation, but having been subjected to this wankers abuse one too many times I insist: you are a complete idiot.

Lol, so even links abuse you now.

The fallacy of special pleading, is that one asks for a standard they cannot meet.

Seems like your argument fits the bill.

Or perhaps this one does?
http://www.debate.org...

So atheist, having ALREADY provided the exchange between Fatihah and myself, juxtapositioned with atheist rants interrupting a good dialogue, I have already met the standard I asked for.

You do realize repeatedly lumping atheists into one group and generalizing them is just bad, right? Remember when I attacked YEC and you threw a tantrum? Same thing here.

If you weren't so malicious and in need of lashing out, you would have noticed that.

Tu torque, sir. And I actually read that thread.

What do you atheists add of substance? Insults AND deliberate inaccuracies ... we NEED more of that don;t we!?!

2 Capslock words. And they add their own intelligence & reason to conversations, and an antithesis.

Its rhetorical Snow, I just thought I would mention that ... cause apparently I need too.

We poison EVERYTHING.

?

Please do not hypocritically lecture me atheist. You extremists do it ALL the time, and I am having difficultly finding even ONE of you that is not behaving like a total wanker ... indeed the ONE atheist who says you DON'T have to act like total wankers is having a difficult time finding an exchange where at least some of the atheist wankers interrupt and engage in wanton wankerism.

Herhaps, it's funny how you seem to be the one of just a handful of theists allegedly subject to this horrible treatment. I wonder why that is....

So instead of attempting to justify your abuse ... how about you attempt to justify the benefit that YOU, as an atheist, bring to this forum.

I did, if you bothered to read the reply.

Because the OP is exhibit A about what YOU bring this forum. An out the blue (and its not the first time atheist) and utterly vicious attack - always waiting just under the surface where anyone who disagrees with you risks being exposed to based on whatever craven excuse or rationalization you use to justify it.

Because it was a loaded question, and I provided the context and background for it:

"Perhaps they should see the evidence in context:

http://www.debate.org......

This thread, from beginning to end. I find it laughable the double standard you employ when being personally attacked compared with how you consistently and constantly personally attack and belittle others."

Instead of criticizing others, especially with a failure so prominently displayed, attempt to SUPPORT YOU. OTHERS LIKE YOU.

Huh?

What benefit to you atheists bring here? Other than constant disruptions and insults? Can you even discuss religion without blowing your stack? (and its NOT the first time is it).

I refer back to my empirical analysis of capslocked words to determine just who blows their stack. I smell hypocrisy.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...