Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Should Neutral be banned from this section?

Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:45:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here are just some of the comments I and others got in debating neutral for TWO DAYS in this section:

Oh, its actually simpler to believe that nothing came form nothing to no reason and everything just farted itself into existence?

Glad you 'think' you just made it up.

You have demonstrated NOTHING more than the fact that you have chosen to indoctrinate yourself with that which confirms your biases.

And then Sswdwm said the following: I made the mistake on the thread, I could paste it into a new forum topic if you would like. But I expect better forum manners and etiquette if I do. The other Christians here are perfectly capable of making their points whilst remaining perfectly civil, I am sure you can do the same. Thanks.

To which Neutral responded:

This is your reply? A bunch of petulance and judgement?

This is why I will not formally debate you, you get emotional and angry, not to mention but hurt and hypocritical, rather than support your claims.

Indeed, you jumped in arrogantly, clearly having not even bothered to read the OP, and insisted on YOUR desire for a debate about what you wanted! Which you haven pursued in THREE SEPARATE VENUES!

Not only are you invited to share YOUR proof, but you start out with one of the most common indoctrinations of atheism: Occam' Razor.

http://pleaseconvinceme.com......

Tell us all kiddo, if Occam's Razor supports atheism, then why is there no argument from statistics in atheism? Why is in not found on ANY atheist website? Why is there instead the rejection of statistics? Rater than the presentation of statistics?

http://ravingatheist.com......

As you can see, when atheists DO attempt to do it, not only is it laced with common atheist propaganda, its clearly off kilter based on statistical and SCIENCE based application of what it takes to create life as we know it!

Yet somehow, the statisticallly LESS probable case is the MORE BETTER proof? Odd?

Oh wait, you use less assumptions? You do? Could you list out the ones that we use verses the ones you use? Did you do that?

http://rationalwiki.org......'s_razor

Oh look, your presentation follow RationalWiki's presentation and does not actually delve into the actual argument, which has been thoroughly rejected in argumentation by a wide audience.

Do we need to talk about the ALTERNATE to God? The Multiverse? And you want to start talking about assumptions and complexity? Oddly, THAT Is not mentioned in the Ration Wiki, or any other atheist propaganda on the subject. Its oddly absent YOUR atheistic evidence as well ... odd how that works.

Of course the problem here is not the you were indoctrinated, its that there has been an etiquette violation by someone pointing out this out ...

Its a debate forum, your atheisms is fair game kiddo. You don't get to run around pissing on everyone else's faith and then getting your panties in a bunch because someone strikes out at your faith choice.

So let me also be clear, until you can grow a little thick skin and some maturity, I really don;t feel like engaging with someone who wants a set of standards for him, that DEMANDS respect and the ability to lecture about conduct, and another for people he deems worthy of criticism.

I's much rather you simply drop the emotive blather and just support a position.

If its hard? Because you just took what atheists sold you? Tough crap. Welcome to debate, where you actually have to support your claims kiddo.

Here's some more:

It look alike you have a bunch of petulant emotional excuses.

You dumped Occam's Razor out, its rebutted WITH citations, and here you are screaming like an unruly teenager and hurling accusations.

-----

Get out of the basement, enjoy the world ... enjoy talking to people of different faiths and sharing and exploring rather than just cutting people down all the time. Human relationships are actually important! You should try being nice and civil for a change, and see how that goes for you.

-----

Feel free to get angry again, now. (Do I detect a hint of trolling?)

-----

Great a troll returns. Reported.

Your talk with the mods not go well bigot?

-----

Oh yeah .. this is JUST a guy whose hatred and clear self loathing who can very cowardly lash out from anonymity, MUST have been born from some skepticism about religion rather than vlid bigotry and animalistic hatred.

-----

So take your hypocrisy and shove it. (lol)

-----

RIGHT, the abusive twit is actually the victim here ...

-----

Happy Easter Atheists!!!

Thanks for the wonderful display of logic and reason!!!!
(SHOTS FIRED!!!)

-----

And here are his openings for many of his posts:

WOW! Just WOW!

-----

ROFL!!!! Its hard to pretend that posts like this represent even the most basic concepts of rationality.

-----

Lets try staying on topic rather than drifting into whatever random anti-religious diatribe pops into your fully indoctrinated head?

-----

ROFL!!!!

-----

Oh look, ANOTHER terribly successful post here. We begin with the normal insult and derisive BS that appears to be more about shoring up flagging self esteem than anything else - haha - I am better than you because I can make a vacuous inset anonymously through the internet! Haha ... I'm so smart for having realized that no one can punch me in the face like they would in real life if I behaved this way ... Yeah, I understand the internet ... or at least can take advantage of it! Yeah me!

-----

ROFL!!!! (yes, another one)

-----

ROFL (hmm, no exclamation marks this time)

-----

ROFL!!!! (lol)

-----

OK, who cares.

-----

Are you even capable of understanding logic or statistics?

-----

I am glad that you have the ability to check what the term Apologetics means of google.

And here's the mother of all logic:

And atheists get angry when you point that out - which only makes my opinion that much more correct.

And in the middle of these antics, I have him lecturing ME about the need to be civil.

Is neutral even capable of discussing atheism rationally, or is the ready resort to utterly immature conduct indicative that this guy is just a hinderance to actual discussion of atheism?

In All Seriousness:

I made this topic for several reasons.

First, as a satire of Neutral's topic posing that ALL atheists be banned from the Religion forum. I can take statements out of context, too.

Second, to show Neutral's failure to apply a double standard. He holds himself as the victim. While some atheists resorted to immature conduct, the majority of it was, to some extent, warranted, and was only a reflection of the mass of immaturity and personal attacks that littered 85% of Neutral's posts.

This is not intended to deride another user, I intend this to show in what I hope is a humorous and relatively polite way why his request is idiotic, and why he (and a few of the atheists) need to shut up and learn how to talk civilly about important issues on this wonderful website.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:50:55 PM
I may not be a Christian, but I'm going to have to side with Neutral on this one. None of these comments seemed bad enough that he should be kicked out.

I really don't mind, and participate myself, in occasional insults hurled at those I'm arguing against (but never in a formal debate setting), whether nuanced and subtle or obvious and 2 dimensional. There is a difference in just insulting someone to insult them, or only insulting, and just slandering a little bit, every once in a while.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:52:36 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:50:55 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I may not be a Christian, but I'm going to have to side with Neutral on this one. None of these comments seemed bad enough that he should be kicked out.

I really don't mind, and participate myself, in occasional insults hurled at those I'm arguing against (but never in a formal debate setting), whether nuanced and subtle or obvious and 2 dimensional. There is a difference in just insulting someone to insult them, or only insulting, and just slandering a little bit, every once in a while.

I know, it was a joke.

The whole point of my post was that no one should be banned for taking statements out of context.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:54:07 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:52:36 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

I know, it was a joke.

The whole point of my post was that no one should be banned for taking statements out of context.

Who has been? And it really doesn't seem like those were taken out of context. If you just understand that those weren't all said in a row, and he said other things in between, then I don't think I missed anything.

Good joke you uncouth youth.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:06:12 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:54:07 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:52:36 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

I know, it was a joke.

Who has been? And it really doesn't seem like those were taken out of context. If you just understand that those weren't all said in a row, and he said other things in between, then I don't think I missed anything.

Good joke you uncouth youth.

? Well if you get the context of what I noted, then good for you, but they WERE out of context. But I don't really see how this matters regardless.

Did you even read the two Neutral topics? As I stated in my opening post, this topic has two purposes.

1. Show why Neutral's request is idiotic given the failure to apply a double standard.

2. Get everyone (not just neutral) to shut up and learn to be civil. There are no winners in the debates that have been going on; there can't be with so much rampant immaturity.