Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Evolution is stupid...

Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 4:56:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

That was possibly the greatest intellectual debate of the century.

But seriously, why doesn't that guy just go back to school, or read a book... or something!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 5:07:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow, your so smart, let Ray Comfort outsmart a 60 year old fat man who doesn't hold any degree in the field of biology! You win!

Seriously, if any creationist went up against a well studied biologist they would go to a "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU " stance.

The video is 8 minutes of your life you won't regret
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 5:21:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Can Godsands present his rebuttal?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 5:47:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/4/2010 5:21:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Can Godsands present his rebuttal?

In what way? There are two videos, quite one sided on the evolution opinion, I am not going to run through the two videos and rebuke each argument quote by quote.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 5:48:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 5:47:09 AM, GodSands wrote:
I am not going to run through the two videos and rebuke each argument quote by quote.

Just make an angry face and waggle your finger.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 5:52:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 5:47:09 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2010 5:21:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Can Godsands present his rebuttal?

In what way? There are two videos, quite one sided on the evolution opinion, I am not going to run through the two videos and rebuke each argument quote by quote.

Disprove the main points.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 6:05:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 5:47:09 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2010 5:21:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Can Godsands present his rebuttal?

In what way? There are two videos, quite one sided on the evolution opinion, I am not going to run through the two videos and rebuke each argument quote by quote.

So you have not watched the first video?
Why are you creationists such cowards?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 6:28:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/4/2010 6:05:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/4/2010 5:47:09 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2010 5:21:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Can Godsands present his rebuttal?

In what way? There are two videos, quite one sided on the evolution opinion, I am not going to run through the two videos and rebuke each argument quote by quote.

So you have not watched the first video?
Why are you creationists such cowards?


I've seen it before, and right now I am watching Paul Washer on Regeneration v. The Idolatry of Decisional. But afterwards I will watch it again.

- Here is the video I am watching, I suggest you look into it.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 6:40:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 6:28:21 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2010 6:05:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/4/2010 5:47:09 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2010 5:21:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Can Godsands present his rebuttal?

In what way? There are two videos, quite one sided on the evolution opinion, I am not going to run through the two videos and rebuke each argument quote by quote.

So you have not watched the first video?
Why are you creationists such cowards?


I've seen it before, and right now I am watching Paul Washer on Regeneration v. The Idolatry of Decisional. But afterwards I will watch it again.

- Here is the video I am watching, I suggest you look into it.

I could not in good conscious, spend an hour of my life watching this.

In any case, yes, your first vid was stupid. Congrats. Debating some guy with a beard who probably didnt even take a single university level biology course, is the correct way to go to disproving a scientific theory. What a great idea.

Fail.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 8:25:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 5:07:00 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Wow, your so smart, let Ray Comfort outsmart a 60 year old fat man who doesn't hold any degree in the field of biology! You win!

Seriously, if any creationist went up against a well studied biologist they would go to a "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU " stance.

The video is 8 minutes of your life you won't regret

To begin with when the guy talked about the tree of life, he blundly mentions how each different creature is related by doing so he bases the theory of evolution on the lines which connect the different animals together.

He then went on to say that the creationists stand point is flawed because each species is not related and each species does not have demilished versions of the creatures below which are in a heigher arkcy state, like the tree of life has. The creation of the universe is abstract, but the knowledge of how the universe was created is a science. Instead of fooling people to believe in evolution by the means of 'dumb downing' psychology, giving room for the human race to seem and feel superior to other life, creationists give their account by getting right to the point of, 'This is what happened, now listen up.' Expressing how life can be created by God as claimed in the Bible in relation to the logical and reasonal thought of theology.

The depths of fossils found, the guy believes that because we do not find a 50 million year old or whatever poodle, creationists must be wrong. However creationists do not believe in a 50 million old anything, including a poodle, so if a poodle was found so far down, evolutionists would simply conclude the poodle is 50 million years old. However because creationists believe that God created all life in the time space of 48 hours, there should be a poodle or some kind of modern day animal so far down. To begin with for fossils to form there need be the amount of sun light and the right conditions, when the Floods came it rained and springs flooded the earth from below. The floods covered the earth for 150 days, but I am unsure if the includes the rising of the water and the draining of the water and the evaporation of the water? You could expect that dogs and modern animals which were used for farming like cattle and dogs lived with humans who had the reasoning to make for heigher ground.

Evolution is more of a philosophy rather than a science, if you want expert advise, go to a biologists who is a creationists.

Follow the links, it sound to be a very good debate, enjoy.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 8:28:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
We don't need an inaccurate recap, what do you have to address the specific points he makes?

With regards the fossil record, why don't we get evidence of humans and dinosaurs from the same level?

Why do chickens and whales and humans have 'vestigial' genes?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 8:37:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 8:34:48 AM, GodSands wrote:
Because they are the product of the same creator, God.

Your reply makes no sense, I do not understand how you can believe so many things without one drop of evidence or reasoning. I can only conclude that you are an atheist who fully believes in evolution and that you are trolling.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 8:37:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 8:25:09 AM, GodSands wrote:


To begin with when the guy talked about the tree of life, he blundly mentions how each different creature is related by doing so he bases the theory of evolution on the lines which connect the different animals together.

He then went on to say that the creationists stand point is flawed because each species is not related and each species does not have demilished versions of the creatures below which are in a heigher arkcy state, like the tree of life has. The creation of the universe is abstract, but the knowledge of how the universe was created is a science. Instead of fooling people to believe in evolution by the means of 'dumb downing' psychology, giving room for the human race to seem and feel superior to other life, creationists give their account by getting right to the point of, 'This is what happened, now listen up.' Expressing how life can be created by God as claimed in the Bible in relation to the logical and reasonal thought of theology.

Lol, he said you guys are wrong because there are connection between animals. Why do humans have the genes to create tails?


The depths of fossils found, the guy believes that because we do not find a 50 million year old or whatever poodle, creationists must be wrong. However creationists do not believe in a 50 million old anything, including a poodle, so if a poodle was found so far down, evolutionists would simply conclude the poodle is 50 million years old. However because creationists believe that God created all life in the time space of 48 hours, there should be a poodle or some kind of modern day animal so far down. To begin with for fossils to form there need be the amount of sun light and the right conditions, when the Floods came it rained and springs flooded the earth from below. The floods covered the earth for 150 days, but I am unsure if the includes the rising of the water and the draining of the water and the evaporation of the water? You could expect that dogs and modern animals which were used for farming like cattle and dogs lived with humans who had the reasoning to make for heigher ground.

Er, no he said Humans are found in higher stratigraphy levels than dinosaurs and such which are further down. At any rate they should all be found at random intervals, but they aren't. He never mentioned a single thing abotu dating them, just the level of the ground they're buried in.


Evolution is more of a philosophy rather than a science, if you want expert advise, go to a biologists who is a creationists.


LOL
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:27:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 8:28:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
We don't need an inaccurate recap, what do you have to address the specific points he makes?

With regards the fossil record, why don't we get evidence of humans and dinosaurs from the same level?

You mean like A human footprint insides a dinosaur track in limestone? http://www.bible.ca...

Why do chickens and whales and humans have 'vestigial' genes?

Why conclude anything is vestigal? All the time were discovering what stuff is for. For example, in my instrementation class my lab partner and I have to conect a sonic level transmiter to a PLC. From whoever previously worked on it we can tell the put 3 wires attached to what from looking at the circut must be ground. I cant fathom a reason why you would need three grounds. So two extra things must have gone to ground and they put the wires on the same side as the one that actally will be the ground. but there is nothing that we have found that would need to be hooked up there. But all the time in these experements I find that if I take stuff like that out later on after we have all the other basic connections up and were still figureing out why it dosnet work quite right we end up discovering just what those wires are for and then put them back.

Ignorant people used to think the bones on the back of a snake were evedince of 'legs' from long ancestors of passed and this proved something in Genisis about god taking away legs that serpants apperently used to have. But we are not so ignorant now and know those bonse are quite nessicary in the snakes mating experince. without those 'legs' one snake would just slither on top of the other and then fall off. kind of a funny image really, ha ha.

but now we know what functions those have and should have learned not to be so quick to call something 'vestigial'. so you could approch the chicken, whale, and human 'junk' DNA saying they are worthless and why would god put them there; Or you could assume they do have a function and search for until found. Who knows, mabey that DNA is sitting there, wating for someone to see how to activate it and discover that it actually is necessary to give you superpowers.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:39:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 9:27:21 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 2/4/2010 8:28:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
We don't need an inaccurate recap, what do you have to address the specific points he makes?

With regards the fossil record, why don't we get evidence of humans and dinosaurs from the same level?

You mean like A human footprint insides a dinosaur track in limestone? http://www.bible.ca...


I see no reason to suppose that there is any sort of footprint, human, dinosaur, or otherwise in that picture.


but now we know what functions those have and should have learned not to be so quick to call something 'vestigial'. so you could approch the chicken, whale, and human 'junk' DNA saying they are worthless and why would god put them there; Or you could assume they do have a function and search for until found. Who knows, mabey that DNA is sitting there, wating for someone to see how to activate it and discover that it actually is necessary to give you superpowers.

At the moment they appear vestigial, which is consistent with evolution. Sure maybe one day we may change our minds, how many years do we give it?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:46:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, every single negative bias I hold against religious people gets reinforced every time you write something.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:48:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 9:46:40 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, every single negative bias I hold against religious people gets reinforced every time you write something.

No it isn't? I must say that Freeman has a point. If you are going to be religious at least back it up with some logic.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:51:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 9:48:28 AM, Kahvan wrote:
At 2/4/2010 9:46:40 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, every single negative bias I hold against religious people gets reinforced every time you write something.

No it isn't? I must say that Freeman has a point. If you are going to be religious at least back it up with some logic.

That reminds of some quote. "Religion without science is blind" or something along those lines since I can't find it atm...
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 10:12:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, stop this nonsense. Your denial of reality is humiliating you and every other Christian on the planet. Read these authors and try to learn something.

http://www.debate.org...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 10:14:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 10:12:37 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, stop this nonsense. Your denial of reality is humiliating you and every other Christian on the planet. Read these authors and try to learn something.

http://www.debate.org...

GodSands. I am Christian as well but I do ask that you become better aquanted with science and logic. Even if it is only alittle.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 10:43:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Did I miss something, cause when God sands put 'no it isnt...lol' I thought I was clear he was being silly on purpose, not he thought 'no it isnt' is a sufficent argument.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 10:49:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 10:12:37 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, stop this nonsense. Your denial of reality is humiliating you and every other Christian on the planet. Read these authors and try to learn something.

http://www.debate.org...

It's so depressing that Ray Comfort is more influential among the general population of Christians than Alvin Plantinga.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 10:56:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 9:51:22 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/4/2010 9:48:28 AM, Kahvan wrote:
At 2/4/2010 9:46:40 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/4/2010 4:50:58 AM, GodSands wrote:
No it isn't...lol

GodSands, every single negative bias I hold against religious people gets reinforced every time you write something.

No it isn't? I must say that Freeman has a point. If you are going to be religious at least back it up with some logic.

That reminds of some quote. "Religion without science is blind" or something along those lines since I can't find it atm...

Science without Religion is lame, religion without science is blind. Its by Albert Einstein.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 11:05:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 9:27:21 AM, Marauder wrote:
You mean like A human footprint insides a dinosaur track in limestone? http://www.bible.ca...

First off, source plz. All i have is a picture with a label. What is the name of the dig site, and the location? The vital information is missing.

Why conclude anything is vestigal? All the time were discovering what stuff is for. For example, in my instrementation class my lab partner and I have to conect a sonic level transmiter to a PLC. From whoever previously worked on it we can tell the put 3 wires attached to what from looking at the circut must be ground. I cant fathom a reason why you would need three grounds. So two extra things must have gone to ground and they put the wires on the same side as the one that actally will be the ground. but there is nothing that we have found that would need to be hooked up there. But all the time in these experements I find that if I take stuff like that out later on after we have all the other basic connections up and were still figureing out why it dosnet work quite right we end up discovering just what those wires are for and then put them back.
Vestigial does not equal useless. Vestigial are structures that have lost its original useage. For example, the Hip bones in whales, and snakes. These things are things that resemble human hipbones so closely, yet, when you trace the lineage, you notice that the common ancestor of all these animals have the same hip bone whereas, for example, fish, which are damn similar to whales except for the fact that whales are mammals, dont have hip bones.

Ignorant people used to think the bones on the back of a snake were evedince of 'legs' from long ancestors of passed and this proved something in Genisis about god taking away legs that serpants apperently used to have. But we are not so ignorant now and know those bonse are quite nessicary in the snakes mating experince. without those 'legs' one snake would just slither on top of the other and then fall off. kind of a funny image really, ha ha.
Although the hip bone of Whales are utterly useless and do not serve any function, i have never heard of hip bones be in any sense useful in snakes either. First of all, there are a few snake species, such as the Splitjaw snakes, that have no traces of hip bones anymore, and most snakes only have small fragments of their hip bones left over.

So, either provide a source as to how snakes use their hip bones, or retract the claim.

but now we know what functions those have and should have learned not to be so quick to call something 'vestigial'. so you could approch the chicken, whale, and human 'junk' DNA saying they are worthless and why would god put them there; Or you could assume they do have a function and search for until found. Who knows, mabey that DNA is sitting there, wating for someone to see how to activate it and discover that it actually is necessary to give you superpowers.

Again, vestigial does not mean useless. However, they are useless in the animals that you mentioned.

In any case, if you want to believe that the 90% of our DNA, which is junk, has some sort of useage, thats your prerogative. But until you provide evidence, your claim is utterly useless. And since all the evidence supports the fact that they are infact useless, as removing them does nothing to hinder or damage the genome of any species of animals that we have yet to try, such as Rats, your argument fails miserably.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 11:07:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 10:43:45 AM, Marauder wrote:
Did I miss something, cause when God sands put 'no it isnt...lol' I thought I was clear he was being silly on purpose, not he thought 'no it isnt' is a sufficent argument.

Then where is his argument?

If he chose to write a joke in place of an argument, thats his prerogative. but in absence of a real, tangible argument, it doesnt matter if that joke is serious or not, the point stands. Godsands was unable to produce a proper counter argument, at all.
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 1:09:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Godsands has shown his inability to understand the theory of evolution numerous times. Time after time he has shown his unwillingness to learn using the forums or in debates. Godsands if you are serious about supporting your YEC nonsense then please go to the science thread I started on the "dog kind". I linked an updated copy of a YEC paper concerning baraminology so others can help construct the "kind" using creationists methods. If you want to show how your position works the step up and research it. I do more research into YEC than many of its supporters and that is sad.

No evidence, no logic, and no amount of reason can sway your opinion on your selective reading of the Bible, but this biblidolatry you practice does not prevent you examining the "science" the YECs are doing at the moment. So, will you help construct the "dog kind"? Or would you whether hide behind Banana Man Comfort and his screaming fits focused on elderly tourists?
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.