Jump to topic:

Straight up agnostic here...

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 12:48:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you spent your life as a [monotheistic] theist...

Theist POV:

You would take no risk whatsoever as far as the afterlife goes. I read the Bible, I didn't sin, and I have a straight path to Lord GOD and Heaven itself. I proved myself a worthy being and now I get to bask in eternal greatness. Best yet, I passed one of the only meanings of life: bowing down to God. Best yet, a lot of the atheists ignored our Proven Word and ignored the evidence of GOD and do not get an eternal afterlife.

Atheist POV:

Wow, you wasted your life studying the Bible (or Torah or Qur'an, whatever), and didn't do the fun stuff and sin. Hell, you can't even sin, 'cuz God didn't exist! The one and only purpose of life was to have fun while you could and live barely legal, and you blow it. And unless somehow you MAGICALLY get your DNA replicated, you blew it. Way to go, jerkoff!

If you spent your life as an atheist:

Atheist POV:

I got to have fun, I lived it all! And now I get to embrace death with a smile on my face and a huge middle finger on my hand. One chance at life, and I made the most of it. I am so glad I sinned, because damn, all of that was fun! I read that masturbation was a sin in the Bible, so I threw it in the toilet and jerked off. Best yet, the theists did not even take a glance at our fossil evidence in the correct way and spent their lives being brainwashed freaks towards something that doesn't exist. Suckers!

Theist POV:

Poor atheists. *Shakes head.* I somewhat wish we could've saved them from their oncoming doom of the afterlife... but it was their own fault they didn't listen to us. Oh well, hopefully the LORD will forgive them.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 1:05:13 AM
At 4/27/2014 12:48:44 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Theist POV:

Poor atheists. *Shakes head.* I somewhat wish we could've saved them from their oncoming doom of the afterlife... but it was their own fault they didn't listen to us. Oh well, hopefully the LORD will forgive them.

Particular kind of theist POV

You didn't make your woman wear cloth bags, you didn't praise Allah and his prophet, you ignored the quran but it was your own fault you didn't listen to us.

The problem with some theists is that they come from the position they their beliefs are the correct one and at least some of those belief can't POSSIBLY be wrong, cause they have the truth...........Gods truth.

It's really amazing what you can get away with if you just invoke God.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 2:24:13 AM
At 4/27/2014 1:05:13 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

You didn't make your woman wear cloth bags, you didn't praise Allah and his prophet, you ignored the quran but it was your own fault you didn't listen to us.

Lol christian women should wear the "cloth bag", because thier bible says so. look at the nuns the the pictures of Mary (pbuh), but the problem is the majority consider this as a garbage and dont follow such laws.
Never fart near dog
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 7:03:51 PM

Theist POV:

You would take no risk whatsoever as far as the afterlife goes. I read the Bible, I didn't sin, and I have a straight path to Lord GOD and Heaven itself. I proved myself a worthy being and now I get to bask in eternal greatness. Best yet, I passed one of the only meanings of life: bowing down to God. Best yet, a lot of the atheists ignored our Proven Word and ignored the evidence of GOD and do not get an eternal afterlife.

Every other type of theist, even including other factions and sects within your own religion POV (of course being more radical viewpoint):

You were a heathen who did not worship the true god and disobeyed his orders. You go to hell anyway.

Atheist POV:

Wow, you wasted your life studying the Bible (or Torah or Qur'an, whatever), and didn't do the fun stuff and sin. Hell, you can't even sin, 'cuz God didn't exist! The one and only purpose of life was to have fun while you could and live barely legal, and you blow it. And unless somehow you MAGICALLY get your DNA replicated, you blew it. Way to go, jerkoff!

Atheist POV:

I got to have fun, I lived it all! And now I get to embrace death with a smile on my face and a huge middle finger on my hand. One chance at life, and I made the most of it. I am so glad I sinned, because damn, all of that was fun! I read that masturbation was a sin in the Bible, so I threw it in the toilet and jerked off. Best yet, the theists did not even take a glance at our fossil evidence in the correct way and spent their lives being brainwashed freaks towards something that doesn't exist. Suckers!

Theist POV:

I think you are coming to a false conclusion for two reasons. First off, I would just like to say that you misrepresent atheism. Atheists don't have to live 'barely legal', but we do want to enjoy ourselves. We still should help others, to make life enjoyable for everyone, and thereby increase the happiness of ourselves, and our children, and those we have built connections to, because they may find themselves downtrodden in the future. Secondly, I think atheists and agnostics are pretty much the same position. True atheism doesn't really exist, but for intellectual atheism, it is just skepticism applied to agnosticism. While agnostics put forth that it could be the truth, or it could not be, we cannot disprove it, atheists say that since it cannot be proven, we should not accept it until there is actual evidence. Agnostics treat this as possible reality when not proven, but for atheists it is false until proven.

I do think you are forgetting two major factors.

1. While some religions can claim massive numbers, if you split them up just into significant sects, you find that none reach as significant a population as we would imagine.

2. You have made this into a two possibility outcome. Of course, that is not true. Since none have any evidence, you have unlimited possibilities, including everything from the FSM to Yahweh. By only saying that there are two possibilities, you forget that any claim without evidence is equal. Basically, you are elevating argumentum ad populum, by saying that because a lot of people believe it, the theory is better then any other with the same evidence.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:02:29 PM

Theist POV:

Atheist POV:

Atheist POV:

Theist POV:

The theists is religious. I think a non religious theist would be better for this.
And atheism is not a religion. This is not showing what atheism is.Atheism doesn't tell you to have fun and do barely legal things (would be fun tho lol).
Atheism is just the position about god. Atheists can disagree on the rest of things.