Total Posts:218|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ask Allah (SWT)

Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).

Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:13:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.

Response: Exactly. That is how love works. Allah is a just God. So showing love to one who has no love only creates more wrong doing from the one who shows no love. You don't reward wrong doing. It only encourages it.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:18:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:13:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.

Response: Exactly. That is how love works. Allah is a just God. So showing love to one who has no love only creates more wrong doing from the one who shows no love. You don't reward wrong doing. It only encourages it.

So I ask again why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God? Jesus:

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Thus the Trinitarian God is commanding us to love our enemies. In fact he states that it is perfect to love your enemies. If this is perfect, then a god who only loves those who love him is no better than a tax collector and the unrighteous.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:31:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:18:40 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:13:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.

Response: Exactly. That is how love works. Allah is a just God. So showing love to one who has no love only creates more wrong doing from the one who shows no love. You don't reward wrong doing. It only encourages it.

So I ask again why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God? Jesus:

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Thus the Trinitarian God is commanding us to love our enemies. In fact he states that it is perfect to love your enemies. If this is perfect, then a god who only loves those who love him is no better than a tax collector and the unrighteous.

Response: Then the Trinitarian God is not showing love because loving what is wrong only creates more wrong. Rewarding wrong doing does not prevent it. It incourages it. So the Trinitarian God is actually being evil. Whereas Allah punishes wrong doing to discourage it, then shows love once they repent and show love. This way peace is established.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:37:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:31:27 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:18:40 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:13:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.

Response: Exactly. That is how love works. Allah is a just God. So showing love to one who has no love only creates more wrong doing from the one who shows no love. You don't reward wrong doing. It only encourages it.

So I ask again why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God? Jesus:

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Thus the Trinitarian God is commanding us to love our enemies. In fact he states that it is perfect to love your enemies. If this is perfect, then a god who only loves those who love him is no better than a tax collector and the unrighteous.

Response: Then the Trinitarian God is not showing love because loving what is wrong only creates more wrong. Rewarding wrong doing does not prevent it. It incourages it. So the Trinitarian God is actually being evil. Whereas Allah punishes wrong doing to discourage it, then shows love once they repent and show love. This way peace is established.

So a father does not continue to love a son who no longer returns that love?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:44:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:37:49 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:31:27 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:18:40 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:13:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.

Response: Exactly. That is how love works. Allah is a just God. So showing love to one who has no love only creates more wrong doing from the one who shows no love. You don't reward wrong doing. It only encourages it.

So I ask again why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God? Jesus:

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Thus the Trinitarian God is commanding us to love our enemies. In fact he states that it is perfect to love your enemies. If this is perfect, then a god who only loves those who love him is no better than a tax collector and the unrighteous.

Response: Then the Trinitarian God is not showing love because loving what is wrong only creates more wrong. Rewarding wrong doing does not prevent it. It incourages it. So the Trinitarian God is actually being evil. Whereas Allah punishes wrong doing to discourage it, then shows love once they repent and show love. This way peace is established.

So a father does not continue to love a son who no longer returns that love?

Response: Not t all. A Father punishes the son for not showing love while reminding Him of love, in an effort to encourage Him to be loving.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:49:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:44:10 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:37:49 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:31:27 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:18:40 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:13:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:06:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:05:35 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:02:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:01:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:59:50 PM, Geogeer wrote:


Why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God?

Response: Allah is the most merciful. So He does not love less.

Where does Allah love his enemies?

Response: When they repent and show love themselves.

So in other words he has no love for those who do no love him.

Response: Exactly. That is how love works. Allah is a just God. So showing love to one who has no love only creates more wrong doing from the one who shows no love. You don't reward wrong doing. It only encourages it.

So I ask again why does Allah love less than the Trinitarian God? Jesus:

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Thus the Trinitarian God is commanding us to love our enemies. In fact he states that it is perfect to love your enemies. If this is perfect, then a god who only loves those who love him is no better than a tax collector and the unrighteous.

Response: Then the Trinitarian God is not showing love because loving what is wrong only creates more wrong. Rewarding wrong doing does not prevent it. It incourages it. So the Trinitarian God is actually being evil. Whereas Allah punishes wrong doing to discourage it, then shows love once they repent and show love. This way peace is established.

So a father does not continue to love a son who no longer returns that love?

Response: Not t all. A Father punishes the son for not showing love while reminding Him of love, in an effort to encourage Him to be loving.

So the father is able to show love to a son who no longer loves him, but Allah is does not have the same love. Thus Allah's creations show greater love than Allah himself. Allah by your definition is incapable of unconditional love. This is the love that the Trinitarian God calls us all to.

Thus by your own arguments the Allah is incapable of unconditional love. Thus he is not all loving. Thus he is imperfect and not equal to the Trinitarian concept of God.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:54:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:49:07 PM, Geogeer wrote:

So the father is able to show love to a son who no longer loves him, but Allah is does not have the same love. Thus Allah's creations show greater love than Allah himself. Allah by your definition is incapable of unconditional love. This is the love that the Trinitarian God calls us all to.

Thus by your own arguments the Allah is incapable of unconditional love. Thus he is not all loving. Thus he is imperfect and not equal to the Trinitarian concept of God.

Response: The Trinitarian God is not loving. He is evil, for showing love to one who is not loving only encourages more wrong doing. So He is Evil. Not Loving.

And the Father does the same as Allah. He does not show love until he repents and shows love, or is disciplined and and shows love afterwards. This way love is encouraged. Unlike the Trintarian God who encourages people to keep on not loving.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:56:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:54:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How can you say Allah is merciful when some end up eternally damned?

Response: Because eternal damnation is what they chose.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:56:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:54:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How can you say Allah is merciful when some end up eternally damned?

Response: Because eternal damnation is what they chose.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:56:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:54:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How can you say Allah is merciful when some end up eternally damned?

Response: Because eternal damnation is what they chose and agreed to.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:01:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:56:43 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:54:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How can you say Allah is merciful when some end up eternally damned?

Response: Because eternal damnation is what they chose and agreed to.

Do you get virgins in hell if you're well-behaved? That would be a merciful act like being nice to prisoners. Does Allah have that?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:02:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 6:54:32 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:49:07 PM, Geogeer wrote:

So the father is able to show love to a son who no longer loves him, but Allah is does not have the same love. Thus Allah's creations show greater love than Allah himself. Allah by your definition is incapable of unconditional love. This is the love that the Trinitarian God calls us all to.

Thus by your own arguments the Allah is incapable of unconditional love. Thus he is not all loving. Thus he is imperfect and not equal to the Trinitarian concept of God.

Response: The Trinitarian God is not loving. He is evil, for showing love to one who is not loving only encourages more wrong doing. So He is Evil. Not Loving.

And the Father does the same as Allah. He does not show love until he repents and shows love, or is disciplined and and shows love afterwards. This way love is encouraged. Unlike the Trintarian God who encourages people to keep on not loving.

You just contradicted yourself.

"So a father does not continue to love a son who no longer returns that love?"

"Response: Not t all. A Father punishes the son for not showing love while reminding Him of love, in an effort to encourage Him to be loving."

You just stated that the father continues to love his son even while punishing him. Thus the father loves the son more than Allah does the rest of us. Nobody says that the Trinitarian God does not punish, only that he always loves us - just as a father.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:07:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:01:46 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:56:43 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:54:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How can you say Allah is merciful when some end up eternally damned?

Response: Because eternal damnation is what they chose and agreed to.

Do you get virgins in hell if you're well-behaved? That would be a merciful act like being nice to prisoners. Does Allah have that?

Response: Not at all. Hell is a final judgement. So no behavior can change the punishment once you are there.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:10:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:02:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:54:32 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:49:07 PM, Geogeer wrote:

So the father is able to show love to a son who no longer loves him, but Allah is does not have the same love. Thus Allah's creations show greater love than Allah himself. Allah by your definition is incapable of unconditional love. This is the love that the Trinitarian God calls us all to.

Thus by your own arguments the Allah is incapable of unconditional love. Thus he is not all loving. Thus he is imperfect and not equal to the Trinitarian concept of God.

Response: The Trinitarian God is not loving. He is evil, for showing love to one who is not loving only encourages more wrong doing. So He is Evil. Not Loving.

And the Father does the same as Allah. He does not show love until he repents and shows love, or is disciplined and and shows love afterwards. This way love is encouraged. Unlike the Trintarian God who encourages people to keep on not loving.

You just contradicted yourself.

"So a father does not continue to love a son who no longer returns that love?"

"Response: Not t all. A Father punishes the son for not showing love while reminding Him of love, in an effort to encourage Him to be loving."

You just stated that the father continues to love his son even while punishing him. Thus the father loves the son more than Allah does the rest of us. Nobody says that the Trinitarian God does not punish, only that he always loves us - just as a father.

Response: No. I began with the clear words "Not at all". And said the father punishes the son while reminding Him of love. Not showing love.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:16:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:07:42 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:01:46 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:56:43 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 6:54:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How can you say Allah is merciful when some end up eternally damned?

Response: Because eternal damnation is what they chose and agreed to.

Do you get virgins in hell if you're well-behaved? That would be a merciful act like being nice to prisoners. Does Allah have that?

Response: Not at all. Hell is a final judgement. So no behavior can change the punishment once you are there.

So you can do whatever you want in hell and get away with it? That doesn't sound like a bad place after all.
BradK
Posts: 475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:18:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hold on a second... why if all the religions are offering different answers, are you so confident that YOUR religion is the right one?

Respond to that question without using Islam to back yourself up.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:21:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).

Want to debate the resolution:
"Allah does not exist"

I will have the BoP.

Interested?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:22:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:18:50 PM, BradK wrote:
Hold on a second... why if all the religions are offering different answers, are you so confident that YOUR religion is the right one?

Respond to that question without using Islam to back yourself up.

Response: Because the best of evidence as to what is true is what can be tested and observed and deductive logic based on such evidence. And when both are applied to all scriptures, the Qur'an stands alone as the truth.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:25:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:21:59 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).

Want to debate the resolution:
"Allah does not exist"

I will have the BoP.

Interested?

Response: Truth is based on facts, not votes. So I have no interest in a debate just to have some votes. Since you are, then for he sake of argument, you won. Though the facts will say otherwise.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:31:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:25:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:21:59 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).

Want to debate the resolution:
"Allah does not exist"

I will have the BoP.

Interested?

Response: Truth is based on facts, not votes. So I have no interest in a debate just to have some votes. Since you are, then for he sake of argument, you won. Though the facts will say otherwise.

Fair enough.

Anyway there were the following arguments:

1. Argument from poor design - proves an imperfect creator
2. Reverse modal ontological argument - disproves omnipresence
3. Evil God hypothesis - disproves a necessary perfectly good god

Which I wanted to put forth. I like the argument from poor design the most. The Human eye and the birth canal are two laughable feats of poor design which no perfect creator in the right mind would do.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:35:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:31:18 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:25:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:21:59 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).

Want to debate the resolution:
"Allah does not exist"

I will have the BoP.

Interested?

Response: Truth is based on facts, not votes. So I have no interest in a debate just to have some votes. Since you are, then for he sake of argument, you won. Though the facts will say otherwise.

Fair enough.

Anyway there were the following arguments:

1. Argument from poor design - proves an imperfect creator
2. Reverse modal ontological argument - disproves omnipresence
3. Evil God hypothesis - disproves a necessary perfectly good god

Which I wanted to put forth. I like the argument from poor design the most. The Human eye and the birth canal are two laughable feats of poor design which no perfect creator in the right mind would do.

Response: Saying something is poorly designed implies there is a better design that Allah should have done. Yet Allah is the authority, so arguing what Allah should have done is invalid, when your authority is under His.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:38:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:35:19 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:31:18 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:25:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 4/28/2014 7:21:59 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/28/2014 5:43:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
I have noticed that many atheists deny the existence of God for several reasons. One is that they claim their is a lack of evidence; a perception they get from theists who argue that there is evidence for God, only to find fault in their arguments. The other is that the arguments for God's does not match up with reality. For example, if God is all-powerful and merciful, then why is evil and suffering allowed. Or if God is wise and perfect then why is creation imperfect, etc..

However, the arguments for God and answers to these questions depends on whom you ask. The answer by a Christian may differ from a Jew. The answer you find in the Bible may differ from what is in the Hindu scriptures. That means that all theists do not have the same answers since there are different religions. This led me to conclude that the non-answers atheists receive may be due to asking the wrong ones for answers. You need to ask the right one for the right answers. The Muslim says the answers are in the Qur'an and Sunnah. So if you look there, your answers will be solved. So can the questions of atheists be resolved with the Qur'an and Sunnah? Only one way to find out. Ask a question. So....ask Allah (swt).

Want to debate the resolution:
"Allah does not exist"

I will have the BoP.

Interested?

Response: Truth is based on facts, not votes. So I have no interest in a debate just to have some votes. Since you are, then for he sake of argument, you won. Though the facts will say otherwise.

Fair enough.

Anyway there were the following arguments:

1. Argument from poor design - proves an imperfect creator
2. Reverse modal ontological argument - disproves omnipresence
3. Evil God hypothesis - disproves a necessary perfectly good god

Which I wanted to put forth. I like the argument from poor design the most. The Human eye and the birth canal are two laughable feats of poor design which no perfect creator in the right mind would do.

Response: Saying something is poorly designed implies there is a better design that Allah should have done. Yet Allah is the authority, so arguing what Allah should have done is invalid, when your authority is under His.

Are you admitting that Allah if he did design us did so with some laughably poor attributes as I listed?

And he did so deliberately. Given that millions upon millions of women die in childbirth because of the horrifically designed birth canal. That sounds like malevolence to me if Allah is allegedly omniscient.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 7:42:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 7:38:18 PM, Sswdwm wrote:


Are you admitting that Allah if he did design us did so with some laughably poor attributes as I listed?

And he did so deliberately. Given that millions upon millions of women die in childbirth because of the horrifically designed birth canal. That sounds like malevolence to me if Allah is allegedly omniscient.

Response: Absolutely. No one was created to be perfect. That is the whole purpose of life. To struggle and strive and be tested. So an argument that creation is poor or imperfect only helps the argument.