Jump to topic:

My Thoughts on Religion...

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 1:57:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Buddha, Jesus of Nazareth, Arjuna, Mohammed, and Joseph Smith. All of these men who started religions, first rebelled against the churches and religions already in place during their times.

So why then, do their modern followers continue the practice of chastising those who are not content in their teachings, when their own leaders were themselves - rebels who were not content in the churches of their times? Do you not see the irony in that?
Do you truly believe that these men wanted us to follow their word, instead of their path, when they themselves were not content in the words of others and carved their own paths?

The ultimate Truth about religion, is that it comes from within. As animals with a herd mentality, we suffer from the illusion that following others is the natural order. It was those handful of men who chose not to follow that were the ones who truly changed this world. They did nothing more than look within and then share their Truths. That is the true path of Religion, one that all those great men understood. Do not let this truth be lost upon you, because you are a leader. You have the ability to find the Truth within yourself, trust your intuition and listen to your soul.

That is the only thing that all these men did, thus it is the only true path one should take when searching for truths and belief in the void of unknowing.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:05:17 AM
At 5/1/2014 1:57:58 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The Buddha, Jesus of Nazareth, Arjuna, Mohammed, and Joseph Smith. All of these men who started religions, first rebelled against the churches and religions already in place during their times.

So why then, do their modern followers continue the practice of chastising those who are not content in their teachings, when their own leaders were themselves - rebels who were not content in the churches of their times? Do you not see the irony in that?
Do you truly believe that these men wanted us to follow their word, instead of their path, when they themselves were not content in the words of others and carved their own paths?

The ultimate Truth about religion, is that it comes from within. As animals with a herd mentality, we suffer from the illusion that following others is the natural order. It was those handful of men who chose not to follow that were the ones who truly changed this world. They did nothing more than look within and then share their Truths. That is the true path of Religion, one that all those great men understood. Do not let this truth be lost upon you, because you are a leader. You have the ability to find the Truth within yourself, trust your intuition and listen to your soul.

That is the only thing that all these men did, thus it is the only true path one should take when searching for truths and belief in the void of unknowing.

Response: Muhammad (saw) did not look within and create his own religion. He was destined to be by Allah Himself and guided by Allah's help to change the world.

Looking within does no change the world unless what is being professed is the truth. Prophets speak truthfully and are guided by Allah which is why they are effective. Without Allah or truth, even they would have failed.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:12:23 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:05:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Muhammad (saw) did not look within and create his own religion. He was destined to be by Allah Himself and guided by Allah's help to change the world.

Looking within does no change the world unless what is being professed is the truth. Prophets speak truthfully and are guided by Allah which is why they are effective. Without Allah or truth, even they would have failed.

So says all the propaganda. Believe in Hitler.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:17:01 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:12:23 AM, bulproof wrote:

Response: In other words, Muhammad is a true prophet, supported by your inability to show error in the Qur'an or answer the Qur'an challenge. While your ideology remains fiction. Thanks for the assistance.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:28:51 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:17:01 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: In other words, Muhammad is a true prophet, supported by your inability to show error in the Qur'an or answer the Qur'an challenge. While your ideology remains fiction. Thanks for the assistance.

The Qur'an is an insightful read and vital for those who desire to explore all the religions the world offers. Muhammad was an inspiring man with a life that continues to shape others even to this day. I respect him as a fellow human, and appreciate all that he has provided to my own journey in this experience known as Life.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:33:14 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:28:51 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

The Qur'an is an insightful read and vital for those who desire to explore all the religions the world offers. Muhammad was an inspiring man with a life that continues to shape others even to this day. I respect him as a fellow human, and appreciate all that he has provided to my own journey in this experience known as Life.

Response: Well said. I agree.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:35:52 AM

Interesting. My experience has shown that what is inside a person heart is usually a seat of selfish desires. Introspection or self delusion what is the difference exactly? You know people with mental disorder think they are behaving in normal ways. The mind is the greatest lier. The heart is a place where idols are erected.

Spirits travel in 2's. They do small stuff to get your attention. The more attention you give them, the stronger they get. One presents itself as a small boy/girl or weak element. The other a strong terror. This is to prey upon your affections. To lure you into a story line sewn by devils.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:54:40 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:35:52 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Interesting. My experience has shown that what is inside a person heart is usually a seat of selfish desires. Introspection or self delusion what is the difference exactly? You know people with mental disorder think they are behaving in normal ways. The mind is the greatest lier. The heart is a place where idols are erected.

Definitely. I think my curiosity to explore the world's main religions stems from being raised by a devout Christian mother and being placed in a private Baptist school from Pre-K to 8th grade. I left the church when I was 14 after the pastor stated that although the Bible recommends we give 10% tithe - that if we give 20% we will be rewarded with even more when we reach Heaven. I immediately walked out and waited by the car. I was done with it at that point. Since then, I've been on a journey of sorts. I don't subscribe to one religion per say and see exactly what point you are making and ultimately agree. I guess the point I want to get across is that we all share the same potential as those men, when viewing history realistically (although history, in itself, is clearly written by the victors or those in power at the time). I just want to impress that those who choose to follow, are ultimately going against what their own religions founders did.

Spirits travel in 2's. They do small stuff to get your attention. The more attention you give them, the stronger they get. One presents itself as a small boy/girl or weak element. The other a strong terror. This is to prey upon your affections. To lure you into a story line sewn by devils.

The nature of duality. The true order within this universe of chaos. The phenomenon of the torn-Being who chooses to either listen to their own inner voice - or get pulled into the modern desires that plague our very wellness. Selling our soul for fame, worshiping the golden bull, defining ourselves based on the opinions of others... unless I am mistaken, I believe I understand the point in this as well.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:57:39 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:54:40 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Definitely. I think my curiosity to explore the world's main religions stems from being raised by a devout Christian mother and being placed in a private Baptist school from Pre-K to 8th grade. I left the church when I was 14 after the pastor stated that although the Bible recommends we give 10% tithe - that if we give 20% we will be rewarded with even more when we reach Heaven. I immediately walked out and waited by the car. I was done with it at that point. Since then, I've been on a journey of sorts. I don't subscribe to one religion per say and see exactly what point you are making and ultimately agree. I guess the point I want to get across is that we all share the same potential as those men, when viewing history realistically (although history, in itself, is clearly written by the victors or those in power at the time). I just want to impress that those who choose to follow, are ultimately going against what their own religions founders did.

The nature of duality. The true order within this universe of chaos. The phenomenon of the torn-Being who chooses to either listen to their own inner voice - or get pulled into the modern desires that plague our very wellness. Selling our soul for fame, worshiping the golden bull, defining ourselves based on the opinions of others... unless I am mistaken, I believe I understand the point in this as well.

Interesting take. But the weak element the boy.girl is a demon as well. Actually it's a pretty common pattern in haunting and demon possession to happen like that.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 3:01:43 AM
At 5/1/2014 2:57:39 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Interesting take. But the weak element the boy.girl is a demon as well. Actually it's a pretty common pattern in haunting and demon possession to happen like that.

Dang should clarify some things. First it's shadows and noises, poking and prodding, to get your attention. Then the weak demon appears as a boy or girl or something you are affectionate to. After you are given over to believing what the weak says and you adopt a protective role. Then the big demon arrives to instill fear and isolation. You retreat with the intention to some how protect the small one and a vicious cycle of abuse begins. Many times people claim to get knowledge from these kinds of exchanges but it is a demonic farce.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 3:05:30 AM

Could you expand on this? I'm about to hit the hay but would like to explore this further and feel like I might be actually missing your point. Specifically, weak elements vs. the stronger terror and the forms it might take. I am familiar with hauntings and demon possession - including my own experiences with summoning and evocation, and would enjoy and possible grow from your knowledge if you can expand a little.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 3:14:27 AM
At 5/1/2014 3:05:30 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Could you expand on this? I'm about to hit the hay but would like to explore this further and feel like I might be actually missing your point. Specifically, weak elements vs. the stronger terror and the forms it might take. I am familiar with hauntings and demon possession - including my own experiences with summoning and evocation, and would enjoy and possible grow from your knowledge if you can expand a little.

Just that that seems to be a common demonic pattern. That the initial arrival is small and can be ignored. But if attention is given then it escalates to contact with the smaller spirit. This spirit is a lier like the rest. Appearing to the human victim as a ghost of a boy or girl. After sometime an affection builds in human victim for the small spirit. The small spirit makes comments about the afterlife peaking the victims curiosity. Also makes comments and plays a cat and mouse to isolate the victim from friends and family. Then the big spirit comes in to harass the human victim. the victim usually thinks the terrible spirit is picking on the smaller one. But truth is the human is the target. And they become trapped in a cycle of demonic violence that escalates to possession. Even when help does arrive the Human tends to kept he small spirits identity a secret. So that a exorcism is performed on the large spirit. This is a trick because the small spirit and human have left a chain to invite the big one back. The human victim then thinks they can't get rid of the big spirit. And that's how it goes down.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 8:55:12 AM
There is a positive side to religion, and that is that it provides spiritual and emotional continuity to people, and offers them some methods and practices that can be of significant help to them in dealing with the trauma of life.

But unfortunately, the greater portion of religion ends up being the expression of a couple of mutually dependent character defects. Anne Lennox of the Eurythmics sang the truth of it, "some of them want to abuse you, and some of them want to be abused".
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:29:11 PM

Absolutely! God is found on the inside.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:31:07 PM

Ugh. I tried to read the Qur'an, but it was sooooo boring. I think my Math textbooks are more interesting and I hate math.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:32:36 PM

Jesus didn't rebel. It even said that He kept the law perfectly.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:34:11 PM
At 5/4/2014 10:31:07 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

Ugh. I tried to read the Qur'an, but it was sooooo boring. I think my Math textbooks are more interesting and I hate math.

Just because I find Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities" to be boring does not mean it is no longer a literary masterpiece. It simply means I do not have the interests to appreciate that type of literature.