Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

What is your perception/conception of god?

Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:51:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Most theists as far as I understand have different interpretations of what god is. I for one believed in a God which was a part of the universe , but not causally dependent upon it (akin to say, space).

The body & the soul were separate entities, and the soul was tied to an immaterial plane where my conception of heaven, hell & God resided.

What is/was yours?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:21:38 PM
At 5/1/2014 11:51:49 AM, Sswdwm wrote:
Most theists as far as I understand have different interpretations of what god is. I for one believed in a God which was a part of the universe , but not causally dependent upon it (akin to say, space).

The body & the soul were separate entities, and the soul was tied to an immaterial plane where my conception of heaven, hell & God resided.

What is/was yours?

Never anything more than a crutch for weak people. Weak in the sense that they can't break free from their childhood indoctrination.

Weak because they turned to a god when in crisis of some sort.

For atheists who care, it's up to them to show the Christians an alternative way of life that will give them some peace and freedom. There's very little of that happening around here but it's mostly because the religious take it as an affont when an atheist attempts to lead them out of the flock.

We need to be vigilant and watch for cracks in their armour. I've found that with brother neutral and surprisingly annanicole too!

Do you understand? Do you see any cracks developing elsewhere?
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:29:02 PM
At 5/1/2014 12:21:38 PM, monty1 wrote:

What is/was yours?

Never anything more than a crutch for weak people. Weak in the sense that they can't break free from their childhood indoctrination.

For atheists who care, it's up to them to show the Christians an alternative way of life that will give them some peace and freedom. There's very little of that happening around here but it's mostly because the religious take it as an affont when an atheist attempts to lead them out of the flock.

We need to be vigilant and watch for cracks in their armour. I've found that with brother neutral and surprisingly annanicole too!

Um, none of this is relevant to the topic. We have plenty of other anti-religious topics elsewhere in this forum.. no need to make this another one of them.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:33:34 PM
At 5/1/2014 12:29:02 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 5/1/2014 12:21:38 PM, monty1 wrote:

What is/was yours?

Um, none of this is relevant to the topic. We have plenty of other anti-religious topics elsewhere in this forum.. no need to make this another one of them.

You can't dictate where your topic goes. My post was on topic and answered the question as well as anyone is going to answer it. Then I took it a step further and explained the usefulness of my understanding and asked for others who understand the same way to put it to good use. Ignore it if you like and maybe others will too. That's up to them.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 8:49:12 AM

What is/was yours?

I prefer to let God be the great mystery source, sustenance, and purpose of all that exists. But I do choose to see goodness as an expression of God in my experience of reality. I can't know God, but I can experience God's divine nature, through love, forgiveness, kindness, generosity, peace, joy, beauty and gratitude. With those, I don't really need to 'know' God to live well and meaningfully.
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 9:18:08 AM

What is/was yours?

I once used to believe in religion and a Personal God long time ago . It taught me a couple of things .Firstly that religion is in human control and they edit it whenever they want to for political gain. Its more like believing in humans rather than deities. Common people who do believe in deities never really met them face to face , obviously no body cares whether humans believe in deities or not. I choose to be a free man now without belief in religion and supernatural things.
When i stopped believing in religion , I developed the sin and good theory which I discussed in my topic.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:56:23 PM

What is/was yours?

Well if we are just having fun mine was or may be that our physical existence is divided from the eternal expanse while our material world moves in time within eternity which remains the same. Our existence would be much like a TV set inside of a living room lol. Our existence inside the TV plays out like a scene inside the room of the eternal realm (spiritual) which remains immovable.

Our spirit and soul are within our physical being as our soul can never escape our consciousness. When our flesh kicks the bucket our soul and spirit are released. Our spirit inside is our connection/ lifesource from God. That spirit will either grow or wither and it will be your body if you squeak into Heaven.

God is a Spirit form Personhood/personality who radiates unimaginable energy and light force loosely contained within an actual form, maybe something like ours.

And don't ask for any proof for this either, it's only a conception :D
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 4:13:39 PM
I can provide a lengthy, complex, and a slightly mundane response in regards to my philosophical perspective of God, however, I will include a brief summary of my worldview and respond succinctly.

I refuse to concede a notion that an entity with divine potential exists because I have failed to examine any evidence that may corroborate a God. That does not obviously negate an existence of a God however.

There is no useful function that I can derive from believing in a God. God is a redundant concept.

I enjoy utilizing pragmatic models pertaining to reality, such as science, to understand my surroundings. Science is useful, but installing faith in a God on the other hand is not.