Jump to topic:

How about a third testament?

Poikilotherm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 7:03:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There was the first (old) and the second known as the new. But let's face it after nearly two thousand years it's not that new.
So with so many modern day prophets surely there could be a third just to tweak up the second for our new narcissistic modern world with a third testament.

Different things could be up for review to ease the stress and torment of those continually needing to go to confession.
The guilt associated with abortion perhaps, gay marriage, and a host of others.
The laws of adultery could be less strict for consenting swinging couples for example.

We have at least one prophet in Australia that had a direct line to god through the Virgin Mary "The Little Pebble" .( I think he's out of jail now ) that could probably write a chapter on adjustments to marriage laws and copulation with multiple wives and children.

Do you think it could work?
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 7:08:22 PM
At 5/1/2014 7:03:14 PM, Poikilotherm wrote:
There was the first (old) and the second known as the new. But let's face it after nearly two thousand years it's not that new.
So with so many modern day prophets surely there could be a third just to tweak up the second for our new narcissistic modern world with a third testament.

Different things could be up for review to ease the stress and torment of those continually needing to go to confession.
The guilt associated with abortion perhaps, gay marriage, and a host of others.
The laws of adultery could be less strict for consenting swinging couples for example.

Lol!

We have at least one prophet in Australia that had a direct line to god through the Virgin Mary "The Little Pebble" .( I think he's out of jail now ) that could probably write a chapter on adjustments to marriage laws and copulation with multiple wives and children.

Do you think it could work?
Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 7:27:24 PM
God stopped communicating once we could accurately access claims of divinity. Shame he's so shy, he's usually a great guy.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:00:57 PM
At 5/1/2014 7:03:14 PM, Poikilotherm wrote:

The Mormons have a third (and arguably a fourth) testament. Just pick up a Mormon Bible and you will see the new(er) testament.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Poikilotherm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 7:31:31 AM
A lot of modern day prophets are said to be false.
Prophets for profit
But what about some of the originals. Noah for example.
Now apart from having to build a huge boat to accommodate two of every land dwelling animal . He would have had to cage them separately because of predatory nature and have enormous stocks of food on board.
Now why would I be a little suspicious of Noah?
Many of these creatures would have been meat eaters so over forty days and forty nights without proper refrigeration meat and vegetation stocks would surely have spoilt and be maggot riddled.

Sounds like a bit of a fib to me so if he still qualified as a prophet in the first testament I don't see why the little pebble and others can't be part of a third testament.