Total Posts:241|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ask a Muslim

PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:32:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If Allah is the one true god why was he a member of the pagan pantheon of arabic gods?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:33:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.
Which Allah rejected Sect / Cult do you claim to follow & why?

ALL 4 Sects are condemned by the Qu'ran itself -

006.159
YUSUFALI: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
PICKTHAL: Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their case will go to Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
SHAKIR: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:41:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would like to also ask questions regarding the claims of other Moslems here, but being fellow Moslems you might prefer not to refute them publicly if you disagree with them & you aren't accepting Private messages so what do we do?
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:09:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:32:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
If Allah is the one true god why was he a member of the pagan pantheon of arabic gods?

The pantheon of Arabic gods were not "Gods" in the sense that they were deemed to be equal to Allah. They were erected after the Arabs had adopted beleif in Allah to serve as "intercessors" to which the Arabs would pray in hopes that their prayers would be delivered to Allah via these gods, earning them favor.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:15:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:33:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.
Which Allah rejected Sect / Cult do you claim to follow & why?

ALL 4 Sects are condemned by the Qu'ran itself -

006.159
YUSUFALI: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
PICKTHAL: Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their case will go to Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
SHAKIR: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

I do not follow any of the four schools of islamic thought. I have studied the texts thoroughly and follow a school of thought dedicated to shunning the divisions you mentioned and teaching islam as it was taught by its earliest followers.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:17:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:41:38 AM, Composer wrote:
I would like to also ask questions regarding the claims of other Moslems here, but being fellow Moslems you might prefer not to refute them publicly if you disagree with them & you aren't accepting Private messages so what do we do?

I will take the question publicly. If the statement deserves refuting, I will refute it publicly as well.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:23:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.

What is the conception of Allah in the universe. What role does he play in the universe today.

Moreover, what is the conception of cnciousness/life in Islam. What is it, does it differ between humans and animals.

I guess that's the easy stuff....
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:28:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:23:31 AM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.

What is the conception of Allah in the universe. What role does he play in the universe today.

Islam teaches that Allah maintains the established order of the universe. That all things are following his command. In essence, the laws of science and physics are the code by which Allah has commanded the universe to operate.


Moreover, what is the conception of cnciousness/life in Islam. What is it, does it differ between humans and animals.

Islam views these ideas as part of the Soul, a seperate entity from the body. It is an abstract phenomenon, not tangible on any way.


I guess that's the easy stuff....
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:31:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:28:27 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:23:31 AM, Sswdwm wrote:
Moreover, what is the conception of consciousness/life in Islam. What is it, does it differ between humans and animals.


Islam views these ideas as part of the Soul, a seperate entity from the body. It is an abstract phenomenon, not tangible on any way.

So Islam is inherently dualism?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:43:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:15:57 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:33:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.
Which Allah rejected Sect / Cult do you claim to follow & why?

ALL 4 Sects are condemned by the Qu'ran itself -

006.159
YUSUFALI: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
PICKTHAL: Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their case will go to Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
SHAKIR: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

I do not follow any of the four schools of islamic thought. I have studied the texts thoroughly and follow a school of thought dedicated to shunning the divisions you mentioned and teaching islam as it was taught by its earliest followers.
That is interesting!

So what do you tell all the millions of others in the Sects you reject?

Centuries of Islamic scholarly study and it ended up in 4 Sects some reject, how could that happen?

Fatihah is a particularly nasty poster here and a member of an Islamic Sect so that is great to see you explain why he is in error!

Perhaps you could start a Thread or Debate we can observe between you two?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:49:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:09:23 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:32:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
If Allah is the one true god why was he a member of the pagan pantheon of arabic gods?

The pantheon of Arabic gods were not "Gods" in the sense that they were deemed to be equal to Allah. They were erected after the Arabs had adopted beleif in Allah to serve as "intercessors" to which the Arabs would pray in hopes that their prayers would be delivered to Allah via these gods, earning them favor.
That's surely still a multiplicity of gods = Polytheism!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 3:03:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:17:07 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:41:38 AM, Composer wrote:
I would like to also ask questions regarding the claims of other Moslems here, but being fellow Moslems you might prefer not to refute them publicly if you disagree with them & you aren't accepting Private messages so what do we do?

I will take the question publicly. If the statement deserves refuting, I will refute it publicly as well.
To give the context it was concerning Fatihah's claim that even babes suckling at their Mother's breast are ' giving their consent ' to be fed, so Fatihah asserts that very young children including ' suckling babes ' give their ' consent ' to partake of food, thus they are capable of ' consenting ' to sexual intercourse at those earliest of ages!

This is what he wrote -
Extract quoted verbatim & taken from ' prophet muhammed in the bible '.

4/17/2012 4:28:09 AM
Fatihah wrote -

Response: To the contrary, a child can give consent at that age. Just because you suffered from some mental deficiency that prevented you from consentig as a child does not mean that every other child suffered the same, nor can you prove that a child cannot consent at that age. The fact that a child at that age can be fed is proof that they can consent, for one has to consent just to be fed.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 3:15:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.

Compare and contrast Islam with Judaism and Christianity. Do they all believe in the same God? Also, why do they reach different conclusions about the truth of reality?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Fatihah
Posts: 7,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 3:37:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
From the Islam is Disgusting thread:

At 3/13/2014 2:50:57 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:47:47 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/12/2014 7:21:38 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/12/2014 1:18:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/10/2014 1:43:46 PM, invisibledeity wrote:
Islam is a DISGUSTING religions!! Clearly the product of a juman PSYUCHO!!

Islamic religions are filled with psychotic!!!! Not ALL of them, but MOST OF THEM ARE!!!!!

Response: Retarded people tend to say that.
The real retards & sickos are people like YOU that put Islam to further disgrace!

e.g. You claimed on other Threads that sexual intercourse by Mohammed with a 9 year old girl wasn't RAPE, because YOU claimed a babe suckling at its Mother's breast gives its ' consent ', so by your sick logic a babe can give consent; hence a 9 year old could give consent to Mohammed!

That is truly sick of you Fatihah and worthy testimony of a 100% retard!

People like you bring Islam further in to shame!

At 3/12/2014 1:13:09 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: You can't quote any post of mine saying anything of the sort, once again exposing your many lies. And when we consider the fact that you suggest that consensual sex in marriage with someone who has reached maturity and puberty is wrong implies that your own ideology condones rape and molestation instead. Another perverted and deluded non-muslim exposed. Debunked as usual.
You proven disgusting lying sack of excrement!

Here's a Post you claim I can't provide (LMAO at the proven retard & sicko Fatihah!) -

4/17/2012 4:28:09 AM
Thread: The prophet muhammed in the bible, p10

At 4/15/2012 6:40:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: To the contrary, the fact that it was known as pedophilia, as well as your inability to provide any evidence of any harm in having consensual sex in marriage at puberty,

At 4/14/2012 12:05:32 AM, Composer wrote:
1. Let's examine your claim that this ' sex ' was always consensual?

2. Such a child is incapable of ' giving consent ' and is called RAPE!

At 4/15/2012 6:40:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: To the contrary, a child can give consent at that age. Just because you suffered from some mental deficiency that prevented you from consentig as a child does not mean that every other child suffered the same, nor can you prove that a child cannot consent at that age. The fact that a child at that age can be fed is proof that they can consent, for one has to consent just to be fed.


You remain as always a lying retard, sicko & perfect example of why Islam should be discarded!


Response: Let us look at the perverted, lying poster known as Composer once again. He makes the claim that I stated that Muhammad didn't rape a 9 year old and my proof was that she gave consent by suckling her mothers breast. So to prove this lie, the dummy quotes a post where I said that proof that:

"a child can consent is evident by the fact that a child can be fed. "

Are the words breast in that statement? No. Any mention of sex? No. So where did the dummy conclude such a statement? That's right. From his own perverted thought pattern.

So not only have we still seen no proof against the beauty of Islam, but more proof of a dumb perverted poster. Thanks Composer.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 3:43:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 3:37:15 AM, Fatihah wrote:
From the Islam is Disgusting thread:

At 3/13/2014 2:50:57 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:47:47 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/12/2014 7:21:38 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/12/2014 1:18:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/10/2014 1:43:46 PM, invisibledeity wrote:
Islam is a DISGUSTING religions!! Clearly the product of a juman PSYUCHO!!

Islamic religions are filled with psychotic!!!! Not ALL of them, but MOST OF THEM ARE!!!!!

Response: Retarded people tend to say that.
The real retards & sickos are people like YOU that put Islam to further disgrace!

e.g. You claimed on other Threads that sexual intercourse by Mohammed with a 9 year old girl wasn't RAPE, because YOU claimed a babe suckling at its Mother's breast gives its ' consent ', so by your sick logic a babe can give consent; hence a 9 year old could give consent to Mohammed!

That is truly sick of you Fatihah and worthy testimony of a 100% retard!

People like you bring Islam further in to shame!

At 3/12/2014 1:13:09 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: You can't quote any post of mine saying anything of the sort, once again exposing your many lies. And when we consider the fact that you suggest that consensual sex in marriage with someone who has reached maturity and puberty is wrong implies that your own ideology condones rape and molestation instead. Another perverted and deluded non-muslim exposed. Debunked as usual.
You proven disgusting lying sack of excrement!

Here's a Post you claim I can't provide (LMAO at the proven retard & sicko Fatihah!) -

4/17/2012 4:28:09 AM
Thread: The prophet muhammed in the bible, p10

At 4/15/2012 6:40:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: To the contrary, the fact that it was known as pedophilia, as well as your inability to provide any evidence of any harm in having consensual sex in marriage at puberty,

At 4/14/2012 12:05:32 AM, Composer wrote:
1. Let's examine your claim that this ' sex ' was always consensual?

2. Such a child is incapable of ' giving consent ' and is called RAPE!

At 4/15/2012 6:40:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: To the contrary, a child can give consent at that age. Just because you suffered from some mental deficiency that prevented you from consentig as a child does not mean that every other child suffered the same, nor can you prove that a child cannot consent at that age. The fact that a child at that age can be fed is proof that they can consent, for one has to consent just to be fed.


You remain as always a lying retard, sicko & perfect example of why Islam should be discarded!


Response: Let us look at the perverted, lying poster known as Composer once again. He makes the claim that I stated that Muhammad didn't rape a 9 year old and my proof was that she gave consent by suckling her mothers breast. So to prove this lie, the dummy quotes a post where I said that proof that:

"a child can consent is evident by the fact that a child can be fed. "

Are the words breast in that statement? No. Any mention of sex? No. So where did the dummy conclude such a statement? That's right. From his own perverted thought pattern.

So not only have we still seen no proof against the beauty of Islam, but more proof of a dumb perverted poster. Thanks Composer.

get off of my thread. This question was directed to me and I will answer it. Take your anger and insults elsewhere or I will get you banned for your attacks on other members.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fatihah
Posts: 7,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 3:47:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 3:43:12 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

get off of my thread. This question was directed to me and I will answer it. Take your anger and insults elsewhere or I will get you banned for your attacks on other members.

Response: Your pathetic threats are of no avail. Try again.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 5:49:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:09:23 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:32:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
If Allah is the one true god why was he a member of the pagan pantheon of arabic gods?

The pantheon of Arabic gods were not "Gods" in the sense that they were deemed to be equal to Allah. They were erected after the Arabs had adopted beleif in Allah to serve as "intercessors" to which the Arabs would pray in hopes that their prayers would be delivered to Allah via these gods, earning them favor.

Allah was an intercessor to Allah? WOW.
Was Hubal an intercessor to Allah as well? Even though he was superior to Allah?
The Arabs adopted belief in a pantheon of gods well before they adopted a belief in an Allah monotheistic god and one of that pantheon was called Allah.

You seem to be trying to rewrite history. Are you?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 8:58:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.

Salamo alikom bro... you memorize the Quran, i want just some advice how you started and what way do you have to moemorize it, any agenda? how many times you read the Quran per day... jazkellahukhirne
Never fart near dog
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 9:21:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is believing in the preexistence of the soul a necessary doctrine in islam?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 9:50:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Compare and contrast Islam with Judaism and Christianity. Do they all believe in the same God? Also, why do they reach different conclusions about the truth of reality?

Judaism and Islam believe in the same God (the ONE God), Christianity is separate, as it has the concept of the trinity (3 Gods in 1 God or something).

Islam and Judaism differ in that Judaism rejects Jesus and Muhammad as messengers of God, while Islam accepts them. Islam also holds that the Christian Bible(s) and Jewish Torahs are corrupted by man, and not the original revelation from either God or his messengers. (Unlike the Quran).
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
TrueScotsman
Posts: 515
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 10:43:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.

Hi PotBelliedGeek,

A few questions for you here, not necessarily trying to find a "gotcha" question here. Just curious as you seem like a rational Muslim that probably tends to be a bit more liberal than most.

1. How do you distinguish yourself as a Muslim? Is there a term that you find fitting, or set of beliefs particular to a certain sect in Islam? You surely depart from some of the more fundamentalists types by embracing Evolution, which you articulate very well.

2. How do you reconcile Muhammad's many violent conquests with the idea that Islam is a religion of peace? Or do you reject the idea that Islam is a religion of peace?

3. What is your view of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible?

4. What is your position on the al Qada wal-Qada, do you believe that Allah is sovereign over all events and that everything has an ultimate destiny and design? Let me know if my questions has issues too.

5. What is your position on Sharia Law being imposed on secular (non-muslim) societies? Do you believe Sharia Law should be imposed in any context?

6. What is your understanding of Jihad, is it still relevant today?

7. What in your opinion is the overall role of women, and should there be enforced dressing restrictions?

8. Do you believe Allah is loving?

I look forward to your responses, and I am hoping to be educated a bit further on some of the distinctives within Islam from one as educated as yourself.

Regards,
TrueScotsman
Nebelous
Posts: 58
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:29:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1) What sets apart Islam from Judaism and Christianity?

2) Is Islam more in accordance with reality than the above two if reading the Qu'ran literally?

3) Does the lack of literacy in Middle Eastern nations contribute to their misunderstanding of Islam or are they following it correctly?

4) How do you feel about the term innocent? The term is used quite deviously when discussing terrorism and the innocent people that die. Some (or should I say most?) Muslims believe that no non-Muslim in truly innocent.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:42:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:31:40 AM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:28:27 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:23:31 AM, Sswdwm wrote:
Moreover, what is the conception of consciousness/life in Islam. What is it, does it differ between humans and animals.


Islam views these ideas as part of the Soul, a seperate entity from the body. It is an abstract phenomenon, not tangible on any way.

So Islam is inherently dualism?

Yes.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:48:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:43:18 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:15:57 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:33:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.
Which Allah rejected Sect / Cult do you claim to follow & why?

ALL 4 Sects are condemned by the Qu'ran itself -

006.159
YUSUFALI: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
PICKTHAL: Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their case will go to Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
SHAKIR: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

I do not follow any of the four schools of islamic thought. I have studied the texts thoroughly and follow a school of thought dedicated to shunning the divisions you mentioned and teaching islam as it was taught by its earliest followers.
That is interesting!

So what do you tell all the millions of others in the Sects you reject?

Exactly what you just told me, that the splitting of religion is rejected by the quran and should not be done. This thread is answering questions based on what the doctrine teaches, not what its followers do.

Centuries of Islamic scholarly study and it ended up in 4 Sects some reject, how could that happen?

You mistake sects for Schools. There are roughly 70 some major sects right now is islam, each with its own view on reality. This rises from various interpretations and misinterpretations of the Quran and Sunnah. As for the schools, they deal exclusively with jurisprudence, and not creed. This is not splitting into sects, it is scholarly differing, which is explicitly allowed in the Quran and Sunnah.

Fatihah is a particularly nasty poster here and a member of an Islamic Sect so that is great to see you explain why he is in error!

Perhaps you could start a Thread or Debate we can observe between you two?

I am not interested in debating him. I am here to answer honest and respectful questions in an intelligent and sensible manner.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:49:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:49:22 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:09:23 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:32:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
If Allah is the one true god why was he a member of the pagan pantheon of arabic gods?

The pantheon of Arabic gods were not "Gods" in the sense that they were deemed to be equal to Allah. They were erected after the Arabs had adopted beleif in Allah to serve as "intercessors" to which the Arabs would pray in hopes that their prayers would be delivered to Allah via these gods, earning them favor.
That's surely still a multiplicity of gods = Polytheism!

Exactly so.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:52:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 3:03:51 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:17:07 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:41:38 AM, Composer wrote:
I would like to also ask questions regarding the claims of other Moslems here, but being fellow Moslems you might prefer not to refute them publicly if you disagree with them & you aren't accepting Private messages so what do we do?

I will take the question publicly. If the statement deserves refuting, I will refute it publicly as well.
To give the context it was concerning Fatihah's claim that even babes suckling at their Mother's breast are ' giving their consent ' to be fed, so Fatihah asserts that very young children including ' suckling babes ' give their ' consent ' to partake of food, thus they are capable of ' consenting ' to sexual intercourse at those earliest of ages!

This is what he wrote -
Extract quoted verbatim & taken from ' prophet muhammed in the bible '.

4/17/2012 4:28:09 AM
Fatihah wrote -

Response: To the contrary, a child can give consent at that age. Just because you suffered from some mental deficiency that prevented you from consentig as a child does not mean that every other child suffered the same, nor can you prove that a child cannot consent at that age. The fact that a child at that age can be fed is proof that they can consent, for one has to consent just to be fed.

In Islam issues of this type are handled according to the culture of the surrounding society. In modern society the age of consent is somewhere in the late teens, thus Islamically it is so. In the early days of Islam, it was much earlier, and was the norm for children to marry at an early age, thus Islamically it is so.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:00:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 3:15:28 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:01:38 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The "Ask Allah" forum was started with a particular argument in mind, and thus derailed quickly. I am starting this forum in hopes of answering honest questions in a respectful, knowledgeable manner. I will present my credentials in the subject to illustrate my qualifications, and my ability to answer questions.

I have memorized the Quran word for word.
I hold a degree for the Islamic University of Madinah, the equivalent of Harvard Divinity School in the Muslim world. I had a dual major, Arabic Language and Culture, and the Sciences of Hadith.
I studied Islamic creed for a number of years under the renowned Muslim theologian Ali Nasir Al-Faqeehi, the head of the King Fahad Quran Complex in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
I studied Tafseer (interpretation of the Quran) under Ali At-Tuwayjiree, a well respected theologian and Tafseer scholar.

Compare and contrast Islam with Judaism and Christianity. Do they all believe in the same God? Also, why do they reach different conclusions about the truth of reality?

Yes, all three religions worship the same God. According to Islam, the Torah and the Gospels were sent from God to their respective peoples, as the teachings of messengers, each with their own unique code of laws. Islam asserts that over the milennia, the integrity and authenticity of the texts gradually degraded, as result of mistranslations, additions, subtractions, and alterations. Islam asserts that the Quran is the final revelation of God, and alteration was avoided through a strenuous ritual of memorization and preservation. The manuscript copied down by the scribes of Muhammad are still in existence today, carefully preserved in a glass vault in Riyadh. Muslims around the world, including myself, have memorized the manuscript verbatim in effort to preserve the authenticity of the copies distributed worldwide.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:10:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 5:49:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:09:23 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/2/2014 1:32:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
If Allah is the one true god why was he a member of the pagan pantheon of arabic gods?

The pantheon of Arabic gods were not "Gods" in the sense that they were deemed to be equal to Allah. They were erected after the Arabs had adopted beleif in Allah to serve as "intercessors" to which the Arabs would pray in hopes that their prayers would be delivered to Allah via these gods, earning them favor.

Allah was an intercessor to Allah? WOW.

I do not understand how you reached this conclusion.

Was Hubal an intercessor to Allah as well?

Yes, he was considered to be such.

Even though he was superior to Allah?

You seem to misunderstand the role Hubal played in pre-Islamic arab society. Each tribe had their various deities, and one supreme deity that ruled the minor ones. Each supreme deity was considered a "Wali", or close friend of God. The power and influence of the Wali was determined by the might of his tribe. Hubal was the Wali of the Quraysh tribe, the wealthiest and most powerful tribe in the Arab world, Thus making Hubal the "Supreme Wali". He was still considered inferior to God, and was not ascribed any supernatural ability. He was still simply an intercessor in the eyes of his worshipers.

The Arabs adopted belief in a pantheon of gods well before they adopted a belief in an Allah monotheistic god and one of that pantheon was called Allah.

Incorrect. The Arabs actually followed the teachings of the ancient Hebrews, at least as far as the monotheism goes. We actually have historic records denoting exactly when and why each deity was "canonized". Hubal was only erect four generations before the advent of Islam.

You seem to be trying to rewrite history. Are you?

I am providing academic information according to the consensus of Islamic historians.

I ask that you remain respectful in your questions, please.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!