Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Jesus was not Crucified official proof.

Darran
Posts: 148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:47:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

I dont see this as official proof, not until it is actually dated. And i find it a little suspicious that this happens to support the Muslim view of christianity.
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:20:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 11:47:51 AM, tkubok wrote:


And i find it a little suspicious that this happens to support the Muslim view of christianity.

I kind of doubt that he took that into consideration. Here's another take on it:

http://www.aina.org...
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:25:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This will be pleasing evidence to brother neutral who has insisted that jesus had to be a mortal man.

Will he have the courage to follow up on it with his comments?
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:56:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

What this shows is that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 1:08:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 12:56:22 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

What this shows is that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands.

No, not really. Historic proof is responsible for this if in fact it is genuine. The only credible and responsible position to take on religious beliefs is something akin to how brother neutral sees it. It's largely defensible because it doesn't adhere to Noah's ark nonsense or any of the other nonsense in the bible. And it doesn't adhere to Jesus being born again because it's a simple matter of understanding that isn't possible.

So here we have a strengthening and a sort of reconciling of neutral's beliefs.

However, it also has to be mentioned that he is unable to go entirely with science and away from the superstitious beliefs of religion. He has to still reinterpret science in order to make it reconcilable with his agenda.
ChrisL
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 4:14:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The gospel of Barnabas is not an authentic ancient text. There is not one meaningful historian who considers it to be. The scholarly consensus is that it is a mid evil writing , probably 14th century. It is discredited for its numerous anachronisms and lack a familiarity with the language, history, and geography of 1st century Judea and Jewish life. Barnabas was a 1st century Jew who lived in the Roman province of Judea. There is no reason for him error on things that would be common knowledge, like For instance, Knowing that the word Christ meant messiah.

Debates about the gospel of Barnabas's authenticity has long been put to rest. It has been mainly ressurected due to the Internet.

Often times Muslims appeal to it as a valid source of history to disprove various Christian doctrines that conflict with Islamic theology. But they do so inconsistently since the Gospel of Barnabas teaches that Jesus was not the Messiah, which would go against orthodox Islamic beliefs.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 4:47:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 12:25:34 PM, monty1 wrote:
This will be pleasing evidence to brother neutral who has insisted that jesus had to be a mortal man.

Well that's the first contradiction in the article, states that Jesus was just another prophet and in the same paragraph says that Jesus ascended into the sky lol. Since when do mortal men ascend into the clouds?

Will he have the courage to follow up on it with his comments?
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 5:36:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Gospel of Barnabas isn't considered to be a historical/schoarly document, thus just because it says Jesus wasn't crucified, doesn't imply that he wasn't. According to Josephus and other historians, Jesus was crucified, thus they are more reliable sources.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 5:51:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

A lot of gnostic literature is coming to light as being biblical to prove one thing or another. They were written generally around 450+AD. This is probably another example of such literature and is being peddled in an attempt to make a straw man argument of christian religion.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 7:40:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 5:51:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

A lot of gnostic literature is coming to light as being biblical to prove one thing or another. They were written generally around 450+AD. This is probably another example of such literature and is being peddled in an attempt to make a straw man argument of christian religion.

Probably. However, I would never use the writings of the gnostics as an attempt to prove much of anything, other than what gnostics may have believed at the time. As far as "coming to light", I am unaware of any recent discoveries of gnostic literature, literature that was previously unknown.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:09:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

What this shows is that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands ?
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:10:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

This shows that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands ?
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:16:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 5:51:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

A lot of gnostic literature is coming to light as being biblical to prove one thing or another. They were written generally around 450+AD. This is probably another example of such literature and is being peddled in an attempt to make a straw man argument of christian religion.

Why are you blaming it on agnostics. There were not much agnostics back then and they were not even powerful. Agnostics themselves faced persecution in those times. Whoever did this must be powerful.
This shows that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands ?
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:20:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:16:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:51:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

A lot of gnostic literature is coming to light as being biblical to prove one thing or another. They were written generally around 450+AD. This is probably another example of such literature and is being peddled in an attempt to make a straw man argument of christian religion.


Why are you blaming it on agnostics. There were not much agnostics back then and they were not even powerful. Agnostics themselves faced persecution in those times. Whoever did this must be powerful.
This shows that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands ?

No the word is Coptic and Gnostics. You are misunderstanding and should investigate the history a little deeper.
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:33:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:20:09 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:16:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:51:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

A lot of gnostic literature is coming to light as being biblical to prove one thing or another. They were written generally around 450+AD. This is probably another example of such literature and is being peddled in an attempt to make a straw man argument of christian religion.


Why are you blaming it on agnostics. There were not much agnostics back then and they were not even powerful. Agnostics themselves faced persecution in those times. Whoever did this must be powerful.
This shows that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands ?

No the word is Coptic and Gnostics. You are misunderstanding and should investigate the history a little deeper.

I know these words but I thought that may be you mistyped.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:08:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:33:32 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:20:09 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:16:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:51:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/4/2014 5:40:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Yep, the truth is starting to "revel" itself. What amazes me is that someone dated this book at "1500-2000" years old. That puts it back to the year 14 AD. So someone found a copy of the Bible that might date to 14 AD. Reckon their dating is accurate? Who dated it anyway?

The "finding" shouldn't alarm Christians too much, for there were always spurious documents floating around.

A lot of gnostic literature is coming to light as being biblical to prove one thing or another. They were written generally around 450+AD. This is probably another example of such literature and is being peddled in an attempt to make a straw man argument of christian religion.


Why are you blaming it on agnostics. There were not much agnostics back then and they were not even powerful. Agnostics themselves faced persecution in those times. Whoever did this must be powerful.
This shows that humans change religion as and when they want. I am not saying that which copy of bible is correct. I am just saying that it proves humans can corrupt religion. Why should anybody believe in religion if it is in human hands ?

No the word is Coptic and Gnostics. You are misunderstanding and should investigate the history a little deeper.

I know these words but I thought that may be you mistyped.

Well may be you should ask beforehand?
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:28:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 12:25:34 PM, monty1 wrote:
This will be pleasing evidence to brother neutral who has insisted that jesus had to be a mortal man.

Will he have the courage to follow up on it with his comments?

Are you are Neutral multi-account?
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:39:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:28:23 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 5/4/2014 12:25:34 PM, monty1 wrote:
This will be pleasing evidence to brother neutral who has insisted that jesus had to be a mortal man.

Will he have the courage to follow up on it with his comments?

Are you are Neutral multi-account?

I have wondered that same thing. Monte mentions "brother neutral" in almost every post he makes. Maybe it's just a preoccupation, though.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 4:57:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:28:23 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 5/4/2014 12:25:34 PM, monty1 wrote:
This will be pleasing evidence to brother neutral who has insisted that jesus had to be a mortal man.

Will he have the courage to follow up on it with his comments?

Are you are Neutral multi-account?

I'm beginning to wonder about that too. Both monty1 and neutral seem to have similar writing styles an similar emotions at similar times. It's weird.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 5:56:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:53:52 AM, Darran wrote:
New evidence has appeared that Jesus wasn't crucified at all

Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, a 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey. The book contains the Gospel of Barnabas a disciple of Christ which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God. the Vatican is In Awe.

http://higherperspective.com...

Looks like the truth is finally starting to revel itself.

Oh, look! Yet another 'holy' manuscript that conflicts with all the other 'god's word' manuscripts. Interesting...
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:46:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/5/2014 4:57:25 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:28:23 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 5/4/2014 12:25:34 PM, monty1 wrote:
This will be pleasing evidence to brother neutral who has insisted that jesus had to be a mortal man.

Will he have the courage to follow up on it with his comments?

Are you are Neutral multi-account?

I'm beginning to wonder about that too. Both monty1 and neutral seem to have similar writing styles an similar emotions at similar times. It's weird.

Brother neutral is a new age Christian and that shows me that he can't abide the crazy discrepancies but has to try to find something more logical with his beliefs. Hence, he understands that jesus couldn't have come back to life. Dead is dead.

I keep trying to coerce some of the Christians to take on brother neutral and his beliefs but they know better than to make asses of themselves.

Aside from that brother neutral is walking a fine line with his religion and is in danger of falling off the rails for want of rationalizing what he knows is science and what he wants to be science.

Few Christians have the courage to do that because they know it will just end in disappointment. It eventually will for brother neutral too.