Religious freedom to marry gays.

Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:26:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com...

You can ignore the commentary if you want. While I agree with it, they are kinda whiny. I just chose this because they present the story fully in the least amount of time in an easily digestible format.

So, what do you all think? If people think that allowing gays the right to marry is against their religious rights, what about others religious rights to marry gays?

Should religion play any role in deciding this.

So what side are you on, and why do you defend that position in a legal sense, (past simply whether you agree that gay = okay or gay = SATAN!!!!)
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:36:45 PM
At 5/4/2014 10:26:51 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

You can ignore the commentary if you want. While I agree with it, they are kinda whiny. I just chose this because they present the story fully in the least amount of time in an easily digestible format.

So, what do you all think? If people think that allowing gays the right to marry is against their religious rights, what about others religious rights to marry gays?

So what side are you on, and why do you defend that position in a legal sense, (past simply whether you agree that gay = okay or gay = SATAN!!!!)

I want to marry my cat and take the tax benefits. The mean old Christians are costing me a damn fortune by insisting that I marry a human. Just cuz I'm different is no reason to deny me my rights. After all, I didn't CHOOSE to want to marry a cat: I was born this way. Then I can adopt kittens and claim 'em as dependents. I'll go from filing single to married filing jointly with six or eight dependents. Works for me.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:45:12 PM
At 5/4/2014 10:36:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

I want to marry my cat and take the tax benefits.

False analogy. Homosexual brain scans show that they are attracted to the same sex for biological/neurology reasons, but zoophilia has no support from biology, it is a mental disorder that is explained a bit through psychology.

The mean old Christians are costing me a damn fortune by insisting that I marry a human. Just cuz I'm different is no reason to deny me my rights. After all, I didn't CHOOSE to want to marry a cat: I was born this way.

Actually, evidence says that gays are born that way while also pointing that zoophiles are not. Again, false analogy.

Then I can adopt kittens and claim 'em as dependents. I'll go from filing single to married filing jointly with six or eight dependents. Works for me.

Pathetic that you don't even look at evidence and instead make an argument with the false analogy logical fallacy.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:49:32 PM

I want to marry my cat and take the tax benefits. The mean old Christians are costing me a damn fortune by insisting that I marry a human. Just cuz I'm different is no reason to deny me my rights. After all, I didn't CHOOSE to want to marry a cat: I was born this way. Then I can adopt kittens and claim 'em as dependents. I'll go from filing single to married filing jointly with six or eight dependents. Works for me.

Okay, so slippery slope. Let's look at this for a moment.

First of all, aren't children dependents regardless of who adopts them? Do you really think that children need less care from the government because a single parent or a gay person is their guardian?

Secondly, can a cat give consent? And even if they could communicate the word yes, are the intelligent enough to really say yes? That's why statutory rape exists. Children can 'give consent', but they cannot really rationalize it, because their brains are not fully developed to make good decisions. Cats, even at full brain capacity are not as intelligent as humans, therefore they cannot truly give consent.

Can an adult give consent? It depends. If the adult is high, or drunk or otherwise incapacitated, or perhaps has a severe mental impairment, or has recently undergone trauma that would leave them in a place where they are not capable of making rational decisions for the moment, then no. They cannot give consent for anything. If you are trying to get out of a signature that you signed, you can claim that you were one of these when signing, making it invalid.

However, can a non-mentally impaired adult who is not incapacitated and is in a rational state of mind consent to a long term relationship or sex? Yes.

There is a fundamental difference between the mentally impaired (whether temporary or clinical or circumstantial), children and animals, and a rational adult.

And it is not necessarily the money. It is significantly easier to manage money under one account, to pay one set of taxes, regardless of the amount paid. Often times if they adopt, the child is only signed under one of the parents and they could lose the child if they one it is signed under dies or divorces. They might not have hospital visitation rights. If one dies without a will, the other would have almost no ability to inherit.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:52:34 PM

Gays are not always looking for tax benefits. Science has proven that they feel love the same way . I am heterosexual but I would favour gay marriages.

And by the way even heterosexual couples marry for benefits. People marry for a variety of reasons. Nobody can dictate them.

And you are equating animals with gays. That is outrageous. Homosexuality is genetic. If the church does not like them, then perhaps they should ask their deities (if they exist) that why did you make them in the first place.

And priests and nuns get to know each other but when gays marry they have an objection?
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:55:01 PM
At 5/4/2014 10:52:34 PM, debateuser wrote:

Gays are not always looking for tax benefits. Science has proven that they feel love the same way . I am heterosexual but I would favour gay marriages.

And by the way even heterosexual couples marry for benefits. People marry for a variety of reasons. Nobody can dictate them.

And you are equating animals with gays. That is outrageous. Homosexuality is genetic. If the church does not like them, then perhaps they should ask their deities (if they exist) that why did you make them in the first place.

And priests and nuns get to know each other but when gays marry they have an objection?

One objection to this, homosexuality is not genetic in the sense that people think about when they hear the word genetic, it is caused by EPI-genetics that changes their development in the womb.
#WarOnDDO
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:58:23 PM
At 5/4/2014 10:55:01 PM, SNP1 wrote:

One objection to this, homosexuality is not genetic in the sense that people think about when they hear the word genetic, it is caused by EPI-genetics that changes their development in the womb.

I just want to convey the idea that there are genetic factors involved. And nobody should say that Gays are somehow evil.

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:06:13 PM
At 5/4/2014 10:58:23 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 5/4/2014 10:55:01 PM, SNP1 wrote:

I just want to convey the idea that there are genetic factors involved. And nobody should say that Gays are somehow evil.

And I agree with that
#WarOnDDO
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:50:30 AM
At 5/4/2014 10:45:12 PM, SNP1 wrote:

False analogy. Homosexual brain scans show that they are attracted to the same sex for biological/neurology reasons, but zoophilia has no support from biology, it is a mental disorder that is explained a bit through psychology.

The mean old Christians are costing me a damn fortune by insisting that I marry a human. Just cuz I'm different is no reason to deny me my rights. After all, I didn't CHOOSE to want to marry a cat: I was born this way.

Actually, evidence says that gays are born that way while also pointing that zoophiles are not. Again, false analogy.

Then I can adopt kittens and claim 'em as dependents. I'll go from filing single to married filing jointly with six or eight dependents. Works for me.

Pathetic that you don't even look at evidence and instead make an argument with the false analogy logical fallacy.

I actually was kidding; however, you can do me a favor by directing me to the research that indicates that "zoophiliacs" have "normal brainscans" whereas homosexuals do not. I'd love to see that.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 4:58:42 AM

What does your cat want? Oh so you are really just a cat raper and exploiter. Lock yourself in a pit of cat excrement for 10yrs.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 4:59:11 AM
At 5/5/2014 3:50:30 AM, annanicole wrote:

I actually was kidding; however, you can do me a favor by directing me to the research that indicates that "zoophiliacs" have "normal brainscans" whereas homosexuals do not. I'd love to see that.

Gay men and straight women have similar brains. Lesbians and straight men show same patterns. Sexual orientation is hardwired into our brains. See link below :

http://www.theguardian.com...

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 5:03:48 AM

Different religions say different things on gay marriage. But then again, different religions state different things on many issues.

In my opinion, though I believe religious opinion should be part of the larger debate on gay marriage, I do not believe religious opinion alone should decide how we respond to gay marriage as a culture and as a society. I think gay marriage is the morally correct thing to do honestly, and that's why I support it fully!
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 5:49:58 AM

Yes, annanicole... That's exactly what recognizing 'non-conventional' marriages will lead to permitting next. And legalizing marijuana will lead to 'harder drugs,' because it's a 'gateway' drug. Did you really mean to insinuate that bestiality is the next logical progression? Seriously? I suppose I should not have expected any better than this, from a thumper. That was just plain ignorant.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 6:19:06 AM
At 5/5/2014 5:03:48 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Different religions say different things on gay marriage. But then again, different religions state different things on many issues.

In my opinion, though I believe religious opinion should be part of the larger debate on gay marriage, I do not believe religious opinion alone should decide how we respond to gay marriage as a culture and as a society. I think gay marriage is the morally correct thing to do honestly, and that's why I support it fully!

Yes Juan, all of the anti gay marriage christians are vehemently against a muslim theocracy but feel justified in demanding a christian theocracy.
Their capacity for hypocrisy is astounding.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 6:35:59 AM
At 5/5/2014 3:50:30 AM, annanicole wrote:

Homosexual Brain Scans:
http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.theguardian.com...

As for the zoophilia ones, I will ask my cousin if the research center he works for can publish the stuff online so I can link it. I will keep looking online in case a different research center has done and published the research online.
#WarOnDDO
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 6:40:10 AM
I think gays should start turning up to these churches getting married to the opposite sex.

While getting married making it perfectly clear they have no interest in getting married to the person, but since they are not allowed to marry some one of the same sex cause people like you won't allow it, well we are going to do this then.........

Then get divorced.........

Then do this over and over and over again......

I think something will have to give.......
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:14:30 AM

Not long ago it was interracial marriage. Before that it was interracial use of toilets, water fountains, restaurants and hotels. Before that it was blacks and women voting.

Bigotry is bigotry, whether it's practiced in the name of God, or science, or just basic human spite. It makes no difference, it's still bigotry. And Christians are not less susceptible to it than anyone else. And they often hold onto it longest because they are conservative traditionalists by nature.

It's a sad reflection of the effectiveness of their religion, though, that's for sure.