Is god real?

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 1:41:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/5/2014 1:04:22 AM, SONOFGOD2013 wrote:
Do you believe god is real? Please explain why or why not god is real.

I think in this observable universe there is evidence of the work a god has done. From God exists to what kind of god, or whose god, is largely a matter of faith.

With the evidence we have on hand, the universe would have needed something outside this universe to form the way we see it forming. This something would have caused an asymmetrical vibration in the Bose-Einstein condensate after the initial singularity. I think this vibration in the manifold of space was probably something akin to a positive and negative energy wave with a little space separating them.

I think cellular life was created through an intelligently governed process. Because of the complex processes needed to make the component parts and the implausible arrangement of these components in a natural abiotic situation.

I have had a long history of facing death and surviving. I just know that there is someone universal that loves me. I do not know why, and I do not care what anyone else thinks about it. I love God, and I see this manifest itself in beneficial ways in my life. I enjoy life, even when it's not easy.

I could be wrong about a lot of things. But When I got a deep beard and look like a burly mountain man type guy, and animals seem to come closer, and kids i don't know want to say hi and talk to me. I think maybe I'm putting out some kind of good vibe.

I heard it said, We should be like clean mirrors reflecting the face of god into the world. I forget that sometimes.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 6:07:20 AM

Which god? Real in what sense? Real to whom? There are a number of 'irrational fears' that are quite real to the person experiencing them. I, personally, have no belief in any god that humankind has ever presented. To some, however, god's existence is quite real. I have no problem with the belief in a god. Religion, however, is a serious problem. It would not be, if they kept it in their homes and churches, but they don't. God's reality is insignificant to me. Religion is a cancer.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 6:45:56 AM
At 5/5/2014 1:41:54 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

I think in this observable universe there is evidence of the work a god has done. From God exists to what kind of god, or whose god, is largely a matter of faith.

With the evidence we have on hand, the universe would have needed something outside this universe to form the way we see it forming. This something would have caused an asymmetrical vibration in the Bose-Einstein condensate after the initial singularity. I think this vibration in the manifold of space was probably something akin to a positive and negative energy wave with a little space separating them.

I think cellular life was created through an intelligently governed process. Because of the complex processes needed to make the component parts and the implausible arrangement of these components in a natural abiotic situation.

Implausible compared to what ? implausibility works both ways.

I have had a long history of facing death and surviving. I just know that there is someone universal that loves me. I do not know why, and I do not care what anyone else thinks about it. I love God, and I see this manifest itself in beneficial ways in my life. I enjoy life, even when it's not easy.

Confirmation bias. Ever heard of the story about soldiers who go to war and come back alive and thus put this to their prayers to their Gods. But ask about the soldiers who did not come back ? well they don't get to state their opinion now do they.

I could be wrong about a lot of things. But When I got a deep beard and look like a burly mountain man type guy, and animals seem to come closer, and kids i don't know want to say hi and talk to me. I think maybe I'm putting out some kind of good vibe.

I also find driving around in a van with dark tinted windows playing the mr whippy song with a sign saying free ice cream and hugs works too.

I heard it said, We should be like clean mirrors reflecting the face of god into the world. I forget that sometimes.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 7:43:15 AM

Which god? Quetzalcoatl?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:06:22 AM

God is exactly as real as love, beauty, honor, fairness, peace, joy, and gratitude are. In fact, God is the great mystery source, sustenance and reason t'etre from which these and all else come.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:11:23 AM
At 5/5/2014 6:45:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Confirmation bias. Ever heard of the story about soldiers who go to war and come back alive and thus put this to their prayers to their Gods. But ask about the soldiers who did not come back ? well they don't get to state their opinion now do they.

I also find driving around in a van with dark tinted windows playing the mr whippy song with a sign saying free ice cream and hugs works too.

omg you just destroyed my beliefs with your reason. How could I have been so foolish... wait, umm thats right I was using my brains, you don't know what your talking about, and my God is bigger than your pathetic attempts of delusional projections of what god is not.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:31:17 AM
At 5/5/2014 8:11:23 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

omg you just destroyed my beliefs with your reason. How could I have been so foolish... wait, umm thats right I was using my brains, you don't know what your talking about, and my God is bigger than your pathetic attempts of delusional projections of what god is not.

I can only point out the error in reasoning and reasoning tools, whether you use them on your own beliefs well I guess that is up too you.

1) Confirmation bias/observer selection bias

2) X is said to be implausible ? compared to what ? something even more implausible ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 12:16:16 PM
At 5/5/2014 8:31:17 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

I can only point out the error in reasoning and reasoning tools, whether you use them on your own beliefs well I guess that is up too you.

2) X is said to be implausible ? compared to what ? something even more implausible ?

1. You do not know me or what I have lived through. It was a lot of events from the time of my birth. Confirmation bias requires the selection of evidence over contrary evidence. Where is the contrary evidence I am avoiding due to this bias??

2. Implausible as being unlikely to occur in a natural environment. Some accept the existence of alien life and that this solar system is a young one compared to the rest of the universe. so life could have been design by aliens

so maybe you can say implausible is subjective. But I do understand a little bit of chemistry. I understand even the most basic of life would require a complex series of steps to produce. And that these steps are often unable to exist together or in the ancient ocean we presume exists from geological evidence.

God is not implausible. You merely conclude he doesn't exist before looking at any evidence of god's casual influence in this universe.

A natural abiotic environment existing on earth to produce a living cell or its components is improbable. See implausible is a subjective measure of being convinced. But improbable is a measure we can quantify and compare.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:04:50 PM
At 5/5/2014 12:16:16 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

1. You do not know me or what I have lived through. It was a lot of events from the time of my birth. Confirmation bias requires the selection of evidence over contrary evidence. Where is the contrary evidence I am avoiding due to this bias??

2. Implausible as being unlikely to occur in a natural environment. Some accept the existence of alien life and that this solar system is a young one compared to the rest of the universe. so life could have been design by aliens

so maybe you can say implausible is subjective. But I do understand a little bit of chemistry. I understand even the most basic of life would require a complex series of steps to produce. And that these steps are often unable to exist together or in the ancient ocean we presume exists from geological evidence.

God is not implausible. You merely conclude he doesn't exist before looking at any evidence of god's casual influence in this universe.

A natural abiotic environment existing on earth to produce a living cell or its components is improbable. See implausible is a subjective measure of being convinced. But improbable is a measure we can quantify and compare.

My assertion was I have been saved from death and so god loves me. You said this was confirmation bias. I ask again where is the contrary evidence I am avoiding due to this bias?

Implausible means unconvinced by the argument. So i ask again what evidence do you have that makes abiogenesis a more than likely, or 60% valid case for the origins of life?

If you are going to try and spew rhetoric to support your side, you should be ready to defend that position. Because, I am ready to defend mine.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:40:27 PM
At 5/5/2014 8:04:50 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

My assertion was I have been saved from death and so god loves me. You said this was confirmation bias. I ask again where is the contrary evidence I am avoiding due to this bias?

Implausible means unconvinced by the argument. So i ask again what evidence do you have that makes abiogenesis a more than likely, or 60% valid case for the origins of life?

If you are going to try and spew rhetoric to support your side, you should be ready to defend that position. Because, I am ready to defend mine.

Humanity has experience of one earth like planet. That planet is teeming with life.
How did this life originate on this one planet we know of is a very good question.
Your preferred answer seems to be magic.
I'll keep looking thanks.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:46:45 PM
At 5/5/2014 10:40:27 PM, bulproof wrote:

Humanity has experience of one earth like planet. That planet is teeming with life.
How did this life originate on this one planet we know of is a very good question.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Maybe when you stop relying on news headlines and wiki's for the bulk of your knowledge, you might understand my believes are not reliant on magic.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:55:53 PM
At 5/5/2014 10:46:45 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Maybe when you stop relying on news headlines and wiki's for the bulk of your knowledge, you might understand my believes are not reliant on magic.

You wouldn't have the foggiest notion of the origin of my knowledge.
You believe in a god don't you?
You believe in miracles don't you?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:58:30 PM
At 5/5/2014 10:55:53 PM, bulproof wrote:

I know your knowledge where ever it came from is not infallible.

Yes based on facts.

No.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:39:25 PM
At 5/5/2014 10:58:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Yes based on facts.

No.
But that claim originated in your head. It wasn't I that made it.

How often have you seen a 3day dead corpse get up and fly into the sky?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:53:30 PM
At 5/5/2014 11:39:25 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/5/2014 10:58:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Yes based on facts.

No.
But that claim originated in your head. It wasn't I that made it.

Do you understand what continuity is? No you didn't make a claim of your knowledge being infallible. I am asserting your knowledge is not infallible. This is to reinforce that what you see as magic is you lack of understanding. That my beliefs are based in logic and evidence and knowledge of things.

How often have you seen a 3day dead corpse get up and fly into the sky?

I haven't seen it. How often have you seen Columbus find the Americas? what evidence do you have of that? couple old manuscripts? some eye witness accounts, all Europeans on Columbus's boat I bet? Any witnesses from the Indians he met?

Do you have a point to this questioning? Because so far I have not seen any evidence or reasoning against God. And I have asked another if they could present evidence that was 60% confident life came from abiotic conditions.

Why are there so many explanations of the universe being created by extra dimensional universes and membranes? Because the math is in. And something outside this universe had to make it happen. How is that multiverse evidence coming along?

yeah, your preferred answer may be speculation and dreaming. I'll look else where.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:39:58 AM
At 5/5/2014 11:53:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
Why do christians lash out whenever a question, that has the potential to shipwreck their ark, is asked?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:47:43 AM
At 5/6/2014 12:39:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why do christians lash out whenever a question, that has the potential to shipwreck their ark, is asked?

Oh I'm sorry, Did asking for supporting evidence and sound reasoning for your objection come across as "lashing out"?

You came here into a religious forum. In an attempt to disrupt and ridicule people who answer here. Your snide comments went undefended.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:15:05 AM
At 5/6/2014 12:47:43 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 12:39:58 AM, bulproof wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, Did asking for supporting evidence and sound reasoning for your objection come across as "lashing out"?

You came here into a religious forum. In an attempt to disrupt and ridicule people who answer here. Your snide comments went undefended.
Where did you ask for supporting evidence and of what?