Going inside church early?

Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 11:48:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have question:

Is it a commandment from the biblical God to go inside a church and sit in the pews early?

The church I'm talking about could be any church that uses the bible as their book for preaching.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 12:45:26 AM
At 5/8/2014 11:48:46 PM, Angelos wrote:
I have question:

Is it a commandment from the biblical God to go inside a church and sit in the pews early?

The church I'm talking about could be any church that uses the bible as their book for preaching.

It isn't commanded, but it is respectful at the least. If you are part of a protestant denomination, it is probably a tie-over from Catholicism. It is traditional for Catholics to go into the nave and pray before mass to set their minds upon the sacrifice of the mass. As the protestant denominations are offshoots of Catholicism they tend to keep some of the traditions without remembering why.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:26:52 PM
Simple answer - no. As a general rule of thumb, this is usually the norm. Arriving late or "just in time" usually takes away from the experience the same way to arriving late or in time for a movie. People show up early to get settled before the service starts.
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 6:46:01 AM
At 5/8/2014 11:48:46 PM, Angelos wrote:
I have question:

It's normal. It's most common on holidays when churches become packed.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy