Jump to topic:

Sex and Religion

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 9:41:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was intrigued by the statistics on abortion that theLwerd brought up in a different forum. This topic is somewhat related, as it deals with the sexual activity of young Christians.

In a study done by Janet Rosenbaum of Johns Hopkins' Bloomberg School of Public Health on the effects of "virginity pledges", researchers found that:

"[T]eens who took a virginity pledge have sexual relationships that are nearly identical to those of similar teens who did not make such a pledge. The one area in which the pledge does make an impact is negative: Teens who took a virginity pledge and did have sex were less likely to use condoms and other forms of birth control."

http://www.christianitytoday.com...

What does this data indicate?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 9:48:53 PM
At 2/8/2010 9:44:23 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
No idea

But in a similiar statistic teen pregnancy went down last year, so that means either a lot of anal sex or a lot of BJs

lol. Yeah, that's probably right. I'm sure Jesus would approve.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 2:27:23 AM
At 2/8/2010 9:41:35 PM, Freeman wrote:
I was intrigued by the statistics on abortion that theLwerd brought up in a different forum. This topic is somewhat related, as it deals with the sexual activity of young Christians.

In a study done by Janet Rosenbaum of Johns Hopkins' Bloomberg School of Public Health on the effects of "virginity pledges", researchers found that:

"[T]eens who took a virginity pledge have sexual relationships that are nearly identical to those of similar teens who did not make such a pledge. The one area in which the pledge does make an impact is negative: Teens who took a virginity pledge and did have sex were less likely to use condoms and other forms of birth control."

http://www.christianitytoday.com...

What does this data indicate?

Jesus says " Whoever loves Me obeys My commands."

Anybody can call themselves a Lakers fan.. But if you never attend a game or even bother to find out the score, fixures etc etc then in WHAT sense are you a Lakers fan?
The Cross.. the Cross.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 4:20:38 AM
At 2/9/2010 2:27:23 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Anybody can call themselves a Lakers fan.. But if you never attend a game or even bother to find out the score, fixures etc etc then in WHAT sense are you a Lakers fan?

See the problem is that Jesus got too wrapped up in the whole forgiveness thing...

Now everybody see's him as this guy with such a big heart that he wouldn't really want to send ya to eternal torment.

He really shoulda turned some people to salt during his short stint here (instead of just acting like a bottomless Keg at the party), that woulda set everybody right.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 7:10:29 AM
No idea

But in a similiar statistic teen pregnancy went down last year, so that means either a lot of anal sex or a lot of BJs

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 7:17:20 AM
At 2/9/2010 7:10:29 AM, feverish wrote:
No idea

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yes.
President of DDO
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 3:43:50 AM
At 2/9/2010 4:20:38 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/9/2010 2:27:23 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

See the problem is that Jesus got too wrapped up in the whole forgiveness thing...

Now everybody see's him as this guy with such a big heart that he wouldn't really want to send ya to eternal torment.

He really shoulda turned some people to salt during his short stint here (instead of just acting like a bottomless Keg at the party), that woulda set everybody right.

Then you should read or re-read the Gospels; no-one speaks harder words than Jesus.. It is He who talks about hell and exposes the religious establishment as 'blind guides' and He who stands before the might of the Roman empire utterly defiant.

And He who rose from the dead.
The Cross.. the Cross.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 4:07:04 AM
At 2/10/2010 3:43:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Then you should read or re-read the Gospels; no-one speaks harder words than Jesus..

No one except his followers who tortured Jews, Gays, Wiccans and others during the Inquisition, slaughtered people en masse in the Crusades and the Conquistador raids, rose en masse under Martin Luther's preaching to slaughter all Jews (his dream finally realized when Adolf Hiter took that message to heart), accused little girls of witchcraft and tied them to stakes and burned them to death.

I almost feel guilty for condemning his fan club for what relatively minor violent encounter I've had with the Jesus fan club, having been shot at by a regular churchgoing neighbor who figured out I wasn't heterosexual.