Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

The absurdaty of Islam, a direct rebuttal

ZMowlcher
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.
Always angry, All the time.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,712
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 2:38:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

Response: Islam says to fight in self-defense. Nothing absurd about that.

Wife beating is actually a tap that leaves no bruises or pain and is a last resort. Therefore it is a just punishment. Nothing absurd about that either.
ZMowlcher
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 4:35:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 2:38:14 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

Response: Islam says to fight in self-defense. Nothing absurd about that.

Wife beating is actually a tap that leaves no bruises or pain and is a last resort. Therefore it is a just punishment. Nothing absurd about that either.

It's not self defense. They actively antagonize their neighbors! Also, just a tap? What the hell is honor killing then? That sure is good discipline, killing a loved one because they did something simple like dating someone outside their ethnicity or religion
Always angry, All the time.
HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 5:00:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's not self defense. They actively antagonize their neighbors! Also, just a tap? What the hell is honor killing then? That sure is good discipline, killing a loved one because they did something simple like dating someone outside their ethnicity or religion

Who's "they" and "neighbors"? Antagonize how? Also, you seem to be conflating the actions of people called Muslim, with what Islam as a religion actually calls for (via the Quran).
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
ZMowlcher
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 5:37:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 5:00:44 PM, HPWKA wrote:
It's not self defense. They actively antagonize their neighbors! Also, just a tap? What the hell is honor killing then? That sure is good discipline, killing a loved one because they did something simple like dating someone outside their ethnicity or religion

Who's "they" and "neighbors"? Antagonize how? Also, you seem to be conflating the actions of people called Muslim, with what Islam as a religion actually calls for (via the Quran).

Muslims are told by the Quran to kill any non-Islamic people if they don't abide by Islamic ways. By neighbors, I mean neighboring civilizations that aren't Islam.
Always angry, All the time.
HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 5:46:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who's "they" and "neighbors"? Antagonize how? Also, you seem to be conflating the actions of people called Muslim, with what Islam as a religion actually calls for (via the Quran).

Muslims are told by the Quran to kill any non-Islamic people if they don't abide by Islamic ways. By neighbors, I mean neighboring civilizations that aren't Islam.

I'm fairly familiar with the Quran, and Muslim violence is generally conditioned on self-defense, not on aggression against non-Muslims.

There's clearly violence/dislike against non-Muslims by Muslims, in some part of the world. Though, I think even a cursory study of modern history would show that the violence by Non-Muslims against Muslims is far greater then visa-versa.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,712
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 5:49:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 4:35:14 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
At 5/15/2014 2:38:14 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

Response: Islam says to fight in self-defense. Nothing absurd about that.

Wife beating is actually a tap that leaves no bruises or pain and is a last resort. Therefore it is a just punishment. Nothing absurd about that either.

It's not self defense. They actively antagonize their neighbors! Also, just a tap? What the hell is honor killing then? That sure is good discipline, killing a loved one because they did something simple like dating someone outside their ethnicity or religion

Response: Yet verse 8:61 clearly forbids fighting those who are peaceful, thus it is self-defense. Nor is honor killing in the Qur'an. Debunked. Try again.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 6:34:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 2:38:14 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

Response: Islam says to fight in self-defense. Nothing absurd about that.

Wife beating is actually a tap that leaves no bruises or pain and is a last resort. Therefore it is a just punishment. Nothing absurd about that either.

Wife beating, which as asserted by you, is a tap that results in no pain or bruising. That does not compute to me as wife beating. Please explicate how a tap is a form of punishment? Last resort. So if verbal communication fails, physical reprimanding is implemented as a form of punishment? If that is the case, I fail to understand how a tap that results in no bruising or inflicts no pain will be rendered an effective form of punishment.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 6:55:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

This is not what islam teaches. Muslim zealots promote this, just like christian bigots promote their bigotry. If you're going to make an inflammatory remark, at least make sure that the remark is accurate, and that you are not making absurd generalizations about people of whom you obviously know nothing.

I am an agnostic that despises religion and all the evil that it has done. To call this a 'direct rebuttal' is a complete embarrassment to all atheists and agnostics. The title is misspelled, the opening post is poorly worded, and has absolutely no substantive support. While your passion is duly noted, you are actually behaving exactly like those you are intending to target. Take a little time, read up on what the Qur'an actually states, organize your thoughts, and upload a meaningful post. Otherwise, your posts will appear every bit as trollish as the martyr-complex, whining, sniveling catholic zealots that cry about how atheists and agnostics are all just bigots and 'out to get' the poor, misunderstood, long-suffering little martyrs in the vatican...
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,712
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 7:35:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 6:34:22 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 5/15/2014 2:38:14 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

Response: Islam says to fight in self-defense. Nothing absurd about that.

Wife beating is actually a tap that leaves no bruises or pain and is a last resort. Therefore it is a just punishment. Nothing absurd about that either.

Wife beating, which as asserted by you, is a tap that results in no pain or bruising. That does not compute to me as wife beating. Please explicate how a tap is a form of punishment? Last resort. So if verbal communication fails, physical reprimanding is implemented as a form of punishment? If that is the case, I fail to understand how a tap that results in no bruising or inflicts no pain will be rendered an effective form of punishment.

Response: The punishment is effective because no one can subject themselves to being continuously tapped. That is the effect. For if someone were to sit next to you and continuously tap you, you would be annoyed. You would either conform to whatever it is that the person wants you to do, or you would have to physically prevent them from tapping you. However, in Islam, it is taught that women are more sensitive than men and less likely to incline to fighting. Therefore, the tap is to convince a woman to conform and change their behavior. If however, she does not and fights back, then a man is left with no choice but to divorce her, since it is prohibited for a man to beat a woman and abuse her in retaliation
ZMowlcher
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 10:39:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 7:35:08 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/15/2014 6:34:22 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 5/15/2014 2:38:14 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

Response: Islam says to fight in self-defense. Nothing absurd about that.

Wife beating is actually a tap that leaves no bruises or pain and is a last resort. Therefore it is a just punishment. Nothing absurd about that either.

Wife beating, which as asserted by you, is a tap that results in no pain or bruising. That does not compute to me as wife beating. Please explicate how a tap is a form of punishment? Last resort. So if verbal communication fails, physical reprimanding is implemented as a form of punishment? If that is the case, I fail to understand how a tap that results in no bruising or inflicts no pain will be rendered an effective form of punishment.

Response: The punishment is effective because no one can subject themselves to being continuously tapped. That is the effect. For if someone were to sit next to you and continuously tap you, you would be annoyed. You would either conform to whatever it is that the person wants you to do, or you would have to physically prevent them from tapping you. However, in Islam, it is taught that women are more sensitive than men and less likely to incline to fighting. Therefore, the tap is to convince a woman to conform and change their behavior. If however, she does not and fights back, then a man is left with no choice but to divorce her, since it is prohibited for a man to beat a woman and abuse her in retaliation

Just so you know, I don't actually feel this way about Muslims or the Islamic religion. I'm just tired of hearing asinine comments about someone's beliefs: theistic, atheistic, or agnostic. You see how aggravating it is to have someone refuting evidence showing them that their statements or beliefs are wrong.

You see where I'm getting at right? It's not Islam or any other religion is wrong, it's people saying that they're 100% right about it.
Always angry, All the time.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,712
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 11:27:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 10:39:57 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:


Just so you know, I don't actually feel this way about Muslims or the Islamic religion. I'm just tired of hearing asinine comments about someone's beliefs: theistic, atheistic, or agnostic. You see how aggravating it is to have someone refuting evidence showing them that their statements or beliefs are wrong.

You see where I'm getting at right? It's not Islam or any other religion is wrong, it's people saying that they're 100% right about it.

Response: It does not aggravate me at al. If a person believes Islam is crap, that is their business. Similarly, I believe otherwise, and will demonstrate so. And to you is what you believe, and to me is what I believe. Everyone is entitled to their belief.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 6:10:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
On the news today it told of a woman about to be hanged for daring to leave islam & marry a xtian!

What a disgrace islam is!

I wish I had the means to get all women out of islam!
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 6:24:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/16/2014 6:10:06 AM, Composer wrote:
On the news today it told of a woman about to be hanged for daring to leave islam & marry a xtian!

What a disgrace islam is!

I wish I had the means to get all women out of islam!

See my post in the apostasy thread.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 9:08:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives and kill other non-Islamic people.

I will accept a debate challenge with this resolution.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mineva
Posts: 336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 1:25:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives

I think the verse about wife beating is another misunderstood verse. Because the word which was translated generally as "beating" have many other meanings and also if I'm not wrong it does not mean "beat" action but means "hit" action. We need to choose most compatible meaning of it and its "leave" from each other for a while.

If you want me to explain with more details, I will ...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:09:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 1:25:58 PM, Mineva wrote:
At 5/15/2014 1:14:23 PM, ZMowlcher wrote:
Islam is absurd. It says to beat your wives

I think the verse about wife beating is another misunderstood verse. Because the word which was translated generally as "beating" have many other meanings and also if I'm not wrong it does not mean "beat" action but means "hit" action. We need to choose most compatible meaning of it and its "leave" from each other for a while.

If you want me to explain with more details, I will ...
Off ya go then!

Better luck next times!