Total Posts:219|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christian logic 101

nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:42:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Christian logic 101

1 Everything complex needs a creator, except the most complex thing; god.
2.Everything a Christian reads from the Bible is the word of god, but everything an atheist reads from the Bible is "out of context".
3. God gives us free will and knows everything you're going to do before you do it.
4. The Bible is the word of god, because it says so in the Bible.
5. You send yourself to hell by not believing gods threat of sending you to hell.
6. If science can't explain it, god did it.
7. You can tell, just by looking at Mt. Rushmore that it was created...compared to a mountain that wasn't created, because it doesn't have faces chiseled into it.
8. Oh wait...god created everything.
9. God is so complex; nobody can understand what god is.
10. God loves everyone, that's why he created hell.
11. God is almighty, but likes to have Satan around instead of getting rid of him.
12. God would rather let a rapist keep his free will rather than stop him from committing a rape.
13. The Bible is infallible, every different version of it.
14. The Bible condones things like rape and slavery. It's the source or morality.
15. The Bible is compatible with science, except when it comes to Genesis, Adam & Eve, Noah's Arc, etc.
16. Christianity is the correct religion, all the thousands of sects.
17. Evolution can't be true, because we still have monkeys.
18. Being gay requires the death penalty, but working on a Sunday...not so much.
19. You can't get something from nothing, except god.
20. Whatever god says is moral.
21. You can"t believe in god unless you have faith that god exists.
22. God wants you to go to heaven, but you have the power to stop the almighty god from getting what he wants.
23. It"s best to take Pascal"s Wager"just in case.
24. 1/3 of the World"s population can"t be wrong.
25. 2/3 of the World"s population is going to hell.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 12:05:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
You have to have faith that it's logical.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 3:20:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh look, ANOTHER atheist took atheist propaganda as gospel.

Its clearly better to believe that nothing created everything ... THAT is much more logical the problem of first cause? Who cares! Its not a problem for atheism you see, because NOTHING can create EVERYTHING ... except that the laws of physics clearly state that SOMETHING cannot come from NOTHING.

No worries, I am off to enslave some women to rape, maybe a couple of atheist boys as well. Bile tell me so! Gotta do it.

Atheism is a friggin cult isn't it?
EnlightenedMadman
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 3:23:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:42:03 PM, nonprophet wrote:
Christian logic 101

1 Everything complex needs a creator, except the most complex thing; god.
2.Everything a Christian reads from the Bible is the word of god, but everything an atheist reads from the Bible is "out of context".
3. God gives us free will and knows everything you're going to do before you do it.

Omniscience means all the knowledge there is, not all the knowledge there isn't. God can be omniscient and still gain knowledge, since omniscience would be knowing everything that can be known. The future cannot be logically known for sure.

4. The Bible is the word of god, because it says so in the Bible.
5. You send yourself to hell by not believing gods threat of sending you to hell.
6. If science can't explain it, god did it.
7. You can tell, just by looking at Mt. Rushmore that it was created...compared to a mountain that wasn't created, because it doesn't have faces chiseled into it.
8. Oh wait...god created everything.
9. God is so complex; nobody can understand what god is.
10. God loves everyone, that's why he created hell.

According to the Bible, he wasn't the one who created it.

11. God is almighty, but likes to have Satan around instead of getting rid of him.
12. God would rather let a rapist keep his free will rather than stop him from committing a rape.
13. The Bible is infallible, every different version of it.
14. The Bible condones things like rape and slavery. It's the source or morality.

Mentioning something happening is not condoning it. If you're referring to the OT laws, they were only given to those people, and not Christians, so they wouldn't even need to follow them today.

15. The Bible is compatible with science, except when it comes to Genesis, Adam & Eve, Noah's Arc, etc.
16. Christianity is the correct religion, all the thousands of sects.
17. Evolution can't be true, because we still have monkeys.
18. Being gay requires the death penalty, but working on a Sunday...not so much.
19. You can't get something from nothing, except god.
20. Whatever god says is moral.
21. You can"t believe in god unless you have faith that god exists.
22. God wants you to go to heaven, but you have the power to stop the almighty god from getting what he wants.
23. It"s best to take Pascal"s Wager"just in case.
24. 1/3 of the World"s population can"t be wrong.
25. 2/3 of the World"s population is going to hell.
Check it out! Envisage and I debate Young Earth Creationism.
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 5:28:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:42:03 PM, nonprophet wrote:
Christian logic 101

1 Everything complex needs a creator, except the most complex thing; god.
2.Everything a Christian reads from the Bible is the word of god, but everything an atheist reads from the Bible is "out of context".
3. God gives us free will and knows everything you're going to do before you do it.
4. The Bible is the word of god, because it says so in the Bible.
5. You send yourself to hell by not believing gods threat of sending you to hell.
6. If science can't explain it, god did it.
7. You can tell, just by looking at Mt. Rushmore that it was created...compared to a mountain that wasn't created, because it doesn't have faces chiseled into it.
8. Oh wait...god created everything.
9. God is so complex; nobody can understand what god is.
10. God loves everyone, that's why he created hell.
11. God is almighty, but likes to have Satan around instead of getting rid of him.
12. God would rather let a rapist keep his free will rather than stop him from committing a rape.
13. The Bible is infallible, every different version of it.
14. The Bible condones things like rape and slavery. It's the source or morality.
15. The Bible is compatible with science, except when it comes to Genesis, Adam & Eve, Noah's Arc, etc.
16. Christianity is the correct religion, all the thousands of sects.
17. Evolution can't be true, because we still have monkeys.
18. Being gay requires the death penalty, but working on a Sunday...not so much.
19. You can't get something from nothing, except god.
20. Whatever god says is moral.
21. You can"t believe in god unless you have faith that god exists.
22. God wants you to go to heaven, but you have the power to stop the almighty god from getting what he wants.
23. It"s best to take Pascal"s Wager"just in case.
24. 1/3 of the World"s population can"t be wrong.
25. 2/3 of the World"s population is going to hell.

Thanks, Mr. Herzman. Don't let the fact that about 1/2 of the above is wrong, and the other have is misrepresentative, bother you too much.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Kerfluffer
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 6:29:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Atheist Logic 101

1. They don't believe a God exists and that He is a myth.
2. They think that this is the only life they'll ever have, and so every second on earth counts.
3. They deem it of utmost importance, then, to come to religious forums and waste their time by trying to convince Christians that they're illogical.
4. And they do it using common misconceptions that have been repeatedly debunked by Christians, over-simplifications of complex issues, or exaggerations of facts.
5. So they do it with intentional ignorance.
Martley
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 7:24:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:42:03 PM, nonprophet wrote:
Christian logic 101

1 Everything complex needs a creator, except the most complex thing; god.
2.Everything a Christian reads from the Bible is the word of god, but everything an atheist reads from the Bible is "out of context".
3. God gives us free will and knows everything you're going to do before you do it.
4. The Bible is the word of god, because it says so in the Bible.
5. You send yourself to hell by not believing gods threat of sending you to hell.
6. If science can't explain it, god did it.
7. You can tell, just by looking at Mt. Rushmore that it was created...compared to a mountain that wasn't created, because it doesn't have faces chiseled into it.
8. Oh wait...god created everything.
9. God is so complex; nobody can understand what god is.
10. God loves everyone, that's why he created hell.
11. God is almighty, but likes to have Satan around instead of getting rid of him.
12. God would rather let a rapist keep his free will rather than stop him from committing a rape.
13. The Bible is infallible, every different version of it.
14. The Bible condones things like rape and slavery. It's the source or morality.
15. The Bible is compatible with science, except when it comes to Genesis, Adam & Eve, Noah's Arc, etc.
16. Christianity is the correct religion, all the thousands of sects.
17. Evolution can't be true, because we still have monkeys.
18. Being gay requires the death penalty, but working on a Sunday...not so much.
19. You can't get something from nothing, except god.
20. Whatever god says is moral.
21. You can"t believe in god unless you have faith that god exists.
22. God wants you to go to heaven, but you have the power to stop the almighty god from getting what he wants.
23. It"s best to take Pascal"s Wager"just in case.
24. 1/3 of the World"s population can"t be wrong.
25. 2/3 of the World"s population is going to hell.

/copy/..../paste/...

You are as unoriginal and un-thought provoking as usual
A Black Belt is a white belt who never quit.

The best time to do something was 20 years ago.... the second best to do something is now.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 7:31:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 3:23:36 AM, EnlightenedMadman wrote:


Omniscience means all the knowledge there is, not all the knowledge there isn't. God can be omniscient and still gain knowledge, since omniscience would be knowing everything that can be known. The future cannot be logically known for sure.

God is supposedly outside of time and space, in which case, he should know everything that there ever will be to know.

10. God loves everyone, that's why he created hell.

According to the Bible, he wasn't the one who created it.
I thought he created it for the devil and then started using it on humans.

14. The Bible condones things like rape and slavery. It's the source or morality.

Mentioning something happening is not condoning it. If you're referring to the OT laws, they were only given to those people, and not Christians, so they wouldn't even need to follow them today.

"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property." Exodus 21:20-21

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." Leviticus 25:44-45

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall become his wife because he has violated her; he cannot divorce her all his days."
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Those aren't just stories of what happened. Those are direct commandments on what shall be done. If the OT isn't valid, then you might as well throw out the 10 Commandments, Genesis and Noah's Ark, too.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 7:33:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago

Don't let the fact that about 1/2 of the above is wrong, and the other have is misrepresentative, bother you too much.

These were all things told to me by Christians. I'm just the messenger.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 7:35:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 3:20:03 AM, neutral wrote:
Oh look, ANOTHER atheist took atheist propaganda as gospel.

Its clearly better to believe that nothing created everything ... THAT is much more logical the problem of first cause? Who cares! Its not a problem for atheism you see, because NOTHING can create EVERYTHING ... except that the laws of physics clearly state that SOMETHING cannot come from NOTHING.

No worries, I am off to enslave some women to rape, maybe a couple of atheist boys as well. Bile tell me so! Gotta do it.

Atheism is a friggin cult isn't it?

The Universe expanded from a singularity, which is SOMETHING. You Christians think the Universe came from nothing.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 7:37:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 6:29:21 AM, Kerfluffer wrote:
Atheist Logic 101

4. And they do it using common misconceptions that have been repeatedly debunked by Christians, over-simplifications of complex issues, or exaggerations of facts.
5. So they do it with intentional ignorance.

I'm just repeating what Christians told me.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 7:50:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 7:24:13 AM, Martley wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:42:03 PM, nonprophet wrote:
Christian logic 101


You are as unoriginal and un-thought provoking as usual

Tell that to the Christians who came up with all that.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:10:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 7:35:26 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 3:20:03 AM, neutral wrote:
Oh look, ANOTHER atheist took atheist propaganda as gospel.

Its clearly better to believe that nothing created everything ... THAT is much more logical the problem of first cause? Who cares! Its not a problem for atheism you see, because NOTHING can create EVERYTHING ... except that the laws of physics clearly state that SOMETHING cannot come from NOTHING.

No worries, I am off to enslave some women to rape, maybe a couple of atheist boys as well. Bile tell me so! Gotta do it.

Atheism is a friggin cult isn't it?

The Universe expanded from a singularity, which is SOMETHING. You Christians think the Universe came from nothing.

That singularity came from?

Right, its much more logical to assume that a singularity with infinite amounts of pure energy just appears and explodes for no reason, creating four fundamental forces of the universe in the first few instances of plank time that just HAPPEN to create a universe suitable for life happens ... for no reason.

Hmm ... generally speaking when something goes 'boom' and its creative rather than destructive, its generally because of some element of design. Simple inductive reasoning indicates this in terms of probability.

So when we use math rather than ... just reading atheist propaganda we get:

https://archive.org...

Lets round: Chance of life occurring ONCE in the universe? 1 x 10 to the 320th power.

Number of stars in the universe?

http://www.universetoday.com...

Right 1 x 10 to the 24th power.

So, even if we assume that EVERY star has ten planets with the possibility of forming life, that raises it to 1 x10 to the 25th power.

Statistical impossibility is generally about 1 x 10 to the 150th power.

http://www.relationshipwithreason.com...

So guess what you atheists believe? That an event occurred for NO reason, and is well beyond statistical impossibility ... the equivalent as Mr. Bennett writes, of believing that all the oxygen in the room will spontaneously collect in the corner and leave you dead from asphyxiation, is what you believe.

The general atheist response to this reality is to come up with some flimsy excuse to deny the math, as if we find ONE thing that might not be necessary for the HUNDREDS of things that have to happen we've somehow made life coming out a magically appearing singularity that just HAPPENS to create the four fundamental forces REQUIRED to create life perfectly ... is just as natural as the sun rising.

You atheists are not rational.

You believe in a magic singularity that created you for no purpose. Congrats. That is MUCH better.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:15:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:10:30 AM, neutral wrote:
At 5/18/2014 7:35:26 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 3:20:03 AM, neutral wrote:
Oh look, ANOTHER atheist took atheist propaganda as gospel.

Its clearly better to believe that nothing created everything ... THAT is much more logical the problem of first cause? Who cares! Its not a problem for atheism you see, because NOTHING can create EVERYTHING ... except that the laws of physics clearly state that SOMETHING cannot come from NOTHING.

No worries, I am off to enslave some women to rape, maybe a couple of atheist boys as well. Bile tell me so! Gotta do it.

Atheism is a friggin cult isn't it?

The Universe expanded from a singularity, which is SOMETHING. You Christians think the Universe came from nothing.

That singularity came from?

Right, its much more logical to assume that a singularity with infinite amounts of pure energy just appears and explodes for no reason, creating four fundamental forces of the universe in the first few instances of plank time that just HAPPEN to create a universe suitable for life happens ... for no reason.

Hmm ... generally speaking when something goes 'boom' and its creative rather than destructive, its generally because of some element of design. Simple inductive reasoning indicates this in terms of probability.

So when we use math rather than ... just reading atheist propaganda we get:

https://archive.org...

Lets round: Chance of life occurring ONCE in the universe? 1 x 10 to the 320th power.

Number of stars in the universe?

http://www.universetoday.com...

Right 1 x 10 to the 24th power.

So, even if we assume that EVERY star has ten planets with the possibility of forming life, that raises it to 1 x10 to the 25th power.

Statistical impossibility is generally about 1 x 10 to the 150th power.

http://www.relationshipwithreason.com...

So guess what you atheists believe? That an event occurred for NO reason, and is well beyond statistical impossibility ... the equivalent as Mr. Bennett writes, of believing that all the oxygen in the room will spontaneously collect in the corner and leave you dead from asphyxiation, is what you believe.

The general atheist response to this reality is to come up with some flimsy excuse to deny the math, as if we find ONE thing that might not be necessary for the HUNDREDS of things that have to happen we've somehow made life coming out a magically appearing singularity that just HAPPENS to create the four fundamental forces REQUIRED to create life perfectly ... is just as natural as the sun rising.

You atheists are not rational.

You believe in a magic singularity that created you for no purpose. Congrats. That is MUCH better.

Want to do a debate on this reference?

DrHead already pointed out to you how badly flawed that link is, so I'm surprised you are still flaunting it. If you are that confident in want it says then let's see you try to defend it.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:22:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:10:30 AM, neutral wrote:

That singularity came from?


"God" came from?

Right, its much more logical to assume that a singularity with infinite amounts of pure energy just appears and explodes for no reason, creating four fundamental forces of the universe in the first few instances of plank time that just HAPPEN to create a universe suitable for life happens ... for no reason.

When the Universe was a singularity, there were no such things as , time, space, laws of physics or even causality. No causality means no cause was needed.

Hmm ... generally speaking when something goes 'boom' and its creative rather than destructive, its generally because of some element of design. Simple inductive reasoning indicates this in terms of probability.

Yep, generally, but not in this case.


So when we use math rather than ... just reading atheist propaganda we get:

https://archive.org...

The probability of the Universe happening this way is 100%, unless you have any other Universes to compare it to.


Lets round: Chance of life occurring ONCE in the universe? 1 x 10 to the 320th power.

Number of stars in the universe?

http://www.universetoday.com...

Right 1 x 10 to the 24th power.

So, even if we assume that EVERY star has ten planets with the possibility of forming life, that raises it to 1 x10 to the 25th power.

Statistical impossibility is generally about 1 x 10 to the 150th power.

http://www.relationshipwithreason.com...

You can't measure the probability, since you don't have all the data.

So guess what you atheists believe? That an event occurred for NO reason, and is well beyond statistical impossibility ... the equivalent as Mr. Bennett writes, of believing that all the oxygen in the room will spontaneously collect in the corner and leave you dead from asphyxiation, is what you believe.

Um, no. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god. That's it.


The general atheist response to this reality is to come up with some flimsy excuse to deny the math, as if we find ONE thing that might not be necessary for the HUNDREDS of things that have to happen we've somehow made life coming out a magically appearing singularity that just HAPPENS to create the four fundamental forces REQUIRED to create life perfectly ... is just as natural as the sun rising.

The Universe didn't form for life to be in it. Life evolved to be in the Universe.

It's like water fits into a pothole perfectly, but the pothole wasn't made for water to fit in it.

You atheists are not rational.

I disagree. What's your prove for that assertion?

You believe in a magic singularity that created you for no purpose. Congrats. That is MUCH better.

Um, no. I evolved from lower life forms with the purpose of reproducing.

You believe in magic.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:45:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:22:30 AM, nonprophet wrote:


"God" came from?

The same source as your singularity apparently. Again, why is YOURS more logical? Why do I have to solve the insolvable but not you?

And what about real math again? Who cares right?


When the Universe was a singularity, there were no such things as , time, space, laws of physics or even causality. No causality means no cause was needed.

No crap. What part of the rendition of the four fundamental forces being created in the first few instances of plank time made you think I had no idea that there was no time, for example, before the universe was created?

Right, I am religious, therefore, the bigoted assumption is that I am stupid and don;t understand ... don;t let my clear demonstration of understanding get in the way.


Yep, generally, but not in this case.

Because .... Logic require an explanation. I understand that too, despite my religious handicaps.

Or should I just assume that momentous events like the creation of the universe have no explanation at all? On faith? In defiance of statistical analysis?




The probability of the Universe happening this way is 100%, unless you have any other Universes to compare it to.

That is not how probability works, and we do ... we have this little process called MODELING. You know scientists and super computer stuff ... I know, I am religious, not supposed to know that!

Do you know what the most probable outcome is? We just radiate out in energy because there is not enough gravity (the first thing created) to slow it down and create matter. The second most probable? Too much gravity and we are all black holes. Somehow ... its JUST right.

But heh, continue to abandon science and math in favor of ... excuses.


You can't measure the probability, since you don't have all the data.

So we cannot use science to reach probability based conclusions ... especially when they conflict with our faith choice, eh?

That's why is inductive reasoning. Not deductive reasoning.


Um, no. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god. That's it.

Then why are you listing the grotesque accusations that we are ENCOURAGED to rape animals?

Its funny that one atheist after another launches into these little bigoted tirades, and when confronted ... isn't actually saying them at all .. it JUST the belief that there is not God ... and that religious people rape animals ... and don;t understand science. Or math. That too, but not that when called on it.


The Universe didn't form for life to be in it. Life evolved to be in the Universe.

How the hell do you know WHY the universe was formed if you do not know HOW the universe was formed? A magic singularity told you it had no purpose?


It's like water fits into a pothole perfectly, but the pothole wasn't made for water to fit in it.

And if an entire universe shot out of the pot hole? We'd probably think there was something odd about the pot hole.



I disagree. What's your prove for that assertion?

We rape goats perhaps?


Um, no. I evolved from lower life forms with the purpose of reproducing.

Which all begins with your magic singularity. No singularity ... no universe. No stars to create the building blocks of life. No exploding stars to seed the universe with those elements. No abiogenesis to create DNA and the first life.

All from a magic singularity.


You believe in magic.

I believe in inductive reasoning, and the more probable alternative is probably the better solution.

Its just elementary dear watson.

And for some reason that doesn't lead me to accuse perfect strangers of goat raping. So THAT is a bonus as well.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:24:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:45:29 AM, neutral wrote:
At 5/18/2014 8:22:30 AM, nonprophet wrote:


"God" came from?

The same source as your singularity apparently. Again, why is YOURS more logical? Why do I have to solve the insolvable but not you?

Mine is just as logical, so don't think your "god" hypothesis is MORE logical.


And what about real math again? Who cares right?

Real math requires real numbers. Where do you get your numbers from?


When the Universe was a singularity, there were no such things as , time, space, laws of physics or even causality. No causality means no cause was needed.

No crap. What part of the rendition of the four fundamental forces being created in the first few instances of plank time made you think I had no idea that there was no time, for example, before the universe was created?

You sure don't understand that there was no causality

Right, I am religious, therefore, the bigoted assumption is that I am stupid and don;t understand ... don;t let my clear demonstration of understanding get in the way.

You're just making assertions without evidence.


Yep, generally, but not in this case.

Because .... Logic require an explanation. I understand that too, despite my religious handicaps.

Or should I just assume that momentous events like the creation of the universe have no explanation at all? On faith? In defiance of statistical analysis?

Um...you should never assume anything.




The probability of the Universe happening this way is 100%, unless you have any other Universes to compare it to.

That is not how probability works, and we do ... we have this little process called MODELING. You know scientists and super computer stuff ... I know, I am religious, not supposed to know that!

Yes, that's how probability works. You have one example of a Universe, so the probability of it happening that way is 100%.

Computer models aren't reality. They are hypothetical.


Do you know what the most probable outcome is? We just radiate out in energy because there is not enough gravity (the first thing created) to slow it down and create matter. The second most probable? Too much gravity and we are all black holes. Somehow ... its JUST right.

But heh, continue to abandon science and math in favor of ... excuses.

Who are you to say that this Universe isn't the only way a Universe can happen?



You can't measure the probability, since you don't have all the data.

So we cannot use science to reach probability based conclusions ... especially when they conflict with our faith choice, eh?

That's why is inductive reasoning. Not deductive reasoning.

When you get real numbers to work with, then we'll talk


Um, no. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god. That's it.

Then why are you listing the grotesque accusations that we are ENCOURAGED to rape animals?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Its funny that one atheist after another launches into these little bigoted tirades, and when confronted ... isn't actually saying them at all .. it JUST the belief that there is not God ... and that religious people rape animals ... and don;t understand science. Or math. That too, but not that when called on it.

Atheism is the lack of a belief, not a belief.

You sure aren't proving you understand science or math.



The Universe didn't form for life to be in it. Life evolved to be in the Universe.

How the hell do you know WHY the universe was formed if you do not know HOW the universe was formed? A magic singularity told you it had no purpose?

You're the one that believes in magic, not me.



It's like water fits into a pothole perfectly, but the pothole wasn't made for water to fit in it.

And if an entire universe shot out of the pot hole? We'd probably think there was something odd about the pot hole.

Poor analogy at best.




I disagree. What's your prove for that assertion?

We rape goats perhaps?

I never said such a thing.


Um, no. I evolved from lower life forms with the purpose of reproducing.

Which all begins with your magic singularity. No singularity ... no universe. No stars to create the building blocks of life. No exploding stars to seed the universe with those elements. No abiogenesis to create DNA and the first life.

All from a magic singularity.

All from a naturally occurring singularity. Nothing magic about it.


You believe in magic.

I believe in inductive reasoning, and the more probable alternative is probably the better solution.

Its just elementary dear watson.

And for some reason that doesn't lead me to accuse perfect strangers of goat raping. So THAT is a bonus as well.

What's your fixation with raping goats?
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:35:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:45:29 AM, neutral wrote:

I believe in inductive reasoning, and the more probable alternative is probably the better solution.

Its just elementary dear watson.

So what makes a story about some magic entity that is ultimately complex getting bored so it wished a Universe into existence more probable?

You're trying to explain a complex question with a bigger complex question.

Occam's razor says the simplistic solution is the right one, not the most complicated.
ArcTImes
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:46:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 7:35:26 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 3:20:03 AM, neutral wrote:
Oh look, ANOTHER atheist took atheist propaganda as gospel.

Its clearly better to believe that nothing created everything ... THAT is much more logical the problem of first cause? Who cares! Its not a problem for atheism you see, because NOTHING can create EVERYTHING ... except that the laws of physics clearly state that SOMETHING cannot come from NOTHING.

No worries, I am off to enslave some women to rape, maybe a couple of atheist boys as well. Bile tell me so! Gotta do it.

Atheism is a friggin cult isn't it?

The Universe expanded from a singularity, which is SOMETHING. You Christians think the Universe came from nothing.

I'm not sure if you already saw neutral posting, but don't answer to him lol. He is going to drive you crazy. CRAZY I TELL YOU.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:48:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 10:46:05 AM, ArcTImes wrote:

I'm not sure if you already saw neutral posting, but don't answer to him lol. He is going to drive you crazy. CRAZY I TELL YOU.

He's one of the easiest Christians to debunk that I have ever met.
ArcTImes
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:49:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 10:48:15 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 10:46:05 AM, ArcTImes wrote:

I'm not sure if you already saw neutral posting, but don't answer to him lol. He is going to drive you crazy. CRAZY I TELL YOU.

He's one of the easiest Christians to debunk that I have ever met.

I didn't say he had good arguments. The problem is that he is going to continue posting lol.
nonprophet
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:50:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 10:49:34 AM, ArcTImes wrote:


I didn't say he had good arguments. The problem is that he is going to continue posting lol.

Quality wins over quantity.
ArcTImes
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:53:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 10:50:43 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 10:49:34 AM, ArcTImes wrote:


I didn't say he had good arguments. The problem is that he is going to continue posting lol.

Quality wins over quantity.

True. I think it was kind of unfair what I said just because I can't handle it lol.
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:55:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 7:33:42 AM, nonprophet wrote:

Don't let the fact that about 1/2 of the above is wrong, and the other have is misrepresentative, bother you too much.

These were all things told to me by Christians. I'm just the messenger.

And you expect us to judge atheism itself by some of the more stupid things said by atheists?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ArcTImes
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 11:08:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 10:55:34 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2014 7:33:42 AM, nonprophet wrote:

Don't let the fact that about 1/2 of the above is wrong, and the other have is misrepresentative, bother you too much.

These were all things told to me by Christians. I'm just the messenger.

And you expect us to judge atheism itself by some of the more stupid things said by atheists?

Yes, if you find something "stupid" atheist say because they are atheist, fine, you got it.
But if you say something "atheist believe that we come from rocks" or "atheist claim that god is not real and they can't prove it", then no. Those are false or at least not necessary just because they are atheist. .
IF you say "atheist say that religion is bad", this is a non sequitur.
EnlightenedMadman
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 11:57:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 7:31:36 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 3:23:36 AM, EnlightenedMadman wrote:


Omniscience means all the knowledge there is, not all the knowledge there isn't. God can be omniscient and still gain knowledge, since omniscience would be knowing everything that can be known. The future cannot be logically known for sure.


God is supposedly outside of time and space, in which case, he should know everything that there ever will be to know.

I don't exactly remember anything saying God was outside of time. Do we know that time had a beginning? There could be more than one dimension of time that exists.

10. God loves everyone, that's why he created hell.

According to the Bible, he wasn't the one who created it.
I thought he created it for the devil and then started using it on humans.

It doesn't look like it.

14. The Bible condones things like rape and slavery. It's the source or morality.

Mentioning something happening is not condoning it. If you're referring to the OT laws, they were only given to those people, and not Christians, so they wouldn't even need to follow them today.

"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property." Exodus 21:20-21

This is a punishment for the slave owner, not the slave. It only says if the slave is beaten.

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." Leviticus 25:44-45

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall become his wife because he has violated her; he cannot divorce her all his days."
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Those aren't just stories of what happened. Those are direct commandments on what shall be done. If the OT isn't valid, then you might as well throw out the 10 Commandments, Genesis and Noah's Ark, too.

I never said the entire OT was invalid; I said the laws given in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Numbers wouldn't have any binding on Christians today since those laws were specifically given to the children of Israel that were led out of Egypt, and not Christians. That was a long time before Christ was even born.
Check it out! Envisage and I debate Young Earth Creationism.
http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 12:44:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 9:35:19 AM, nonprophet wrote:
At 5/18/2014 8:45:29 AM, neutral wrote:

I believe in inductive reasoning, and the more probable alternative is probably the better solution.

Its just elementary dear watson.


So what makes a story about some magic entity that is ultimately complex getting bored so it wished a Universe into existence more probable?

You're trying to explain a complex question with a bigger complex question.

Occam's razor says the simplistic solution is the right one, not the most complicated.

As opposed to a magic singularity? How exactly is that ... simpler?

And considering as I laid, the sheer processes that HAD To happen to create life, that these are not the most likely outcomes of that that .. ill defined but utterly magical singularity appearing from nothing ... that it just happens to be a FAR more likely outcome to assume some amount of design in such a specific outcomes rather than ... random accident ... which should, probability speaking, leave us as diffuse radiant energy.

Occam's Razor actually supports my position. That some intelligence designed this very exacting process. The universe is just a fart gone right? That would be ... improbable in the extreme.

Indeed, if you were rational rather than an extremist religious type, you would ask yourself, "If this is an entirely natural event, why did it only happen once?"

I mean natural process like Hydrogen and Oxygen combining to form water happens ALL the time. Why oh why are your magic singularities not popping up all over the place if they are natural as sand?

And before you go too far down the semantic road, black holes are ALSO singularities. Guess what they are NOT doing? Exploding into entirely new universes with their own time, space, gravity, etc.

You have no idea what that singularity is or why it was there, but you are ready to ban all religion on earth as a result, eh?

Irrationalism pretty much defined there.
Fanath
Posts: 830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 12:59:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 6:29:21 AM, Kerfluffer wrote:
Atheist Logic 101

1. They don't believe a God exists and that He is a myth.

Yup.
2. They think that this is the only life they'll ever have, and so every second on earth counts.
Yeah.
3. They deem it of utmost importance, then, to come to religious forums and waste their time by trying to convince Christians that they're illogical.

Besides the obvious stereotypes in this, don't Christians do the same? I've been challenged by several Christians before. They try to convince ME that I'm illogical.
4. And they do it using common misconceptions that have been repeatedly debunked by Christians, over-simplifications of complex issues, or exaggerations of facts.

Lol this is ironically a common misconception on your part.
5. So they do it with intentional ignorance.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say...
Dude... Stop...
ArcTImes
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 12:59:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 12:44:19 PM, neutral wrote:

As opposed to a magic singularity? How exactly is that ... simpler?


We know that that singularity existed. You are just adding one step behind it with 0 evidence. The design or the creator is not supported by the evidence, sorry.

Occam's Razor actually supports my position. That some intelligence designed this very exacting process. The universe is just a fart gone right? That would be ... improbable in the extreme.

No it doesn't.

I mean natural process like Hydrogen and Oxygen combining to form water happens ALL the time. Why oh why are your magic singularities not popping up all over the place if they are natural as sand?


Don't start with "magic" because you are the one believing in magic lol.

You have no idea what that singularity is or why it was there, but you are ready to ban all religion on earth as a result, eh?


Why does it matter? If we already know something happened, why the reason should matter when talking about another thing that contradicts it. I mean, if something contradicts reality, it doesn't matter what's the reason, the thing that contradicts reality is false.

Irrationalism pretty much defined there.

Yes, the title is "Christian logic 101".
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 1:04:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 11:08:42 AM, ArcTImes wrote:
At 5/18/2014 10:55:34 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2014 7:33:42 AM, nonprophet wrote:

Don't let the fact that about 1/2 of the above is wrong, and the other have is misrepresentative, bother you too much.

These were all things told to me by Christians. I'm just the messenger.

And you expect us to judge atheism itself by some of the more stupid things said by atheists?

Yes, if you find something "stupid" atheist say because they are atheist, fine, you got it.
But if you say something "atheist believe that we come from rocks" or "atheist claim that god is not real and they can't prove it", then no. Those are false or at least not necessary just because they are atheist. .

That sounds great. And if you find something said by a Christian such as "God gives us free will and knows everything you're going to do before you do it", or "God would rather let a rapist keep his free will rather than stop him from committing a rape", then (as you said), "No." And further, "those are false".

Just goes to show that one can be a Christian, and also be a retard - just as one can be an atheist, and also be a retard. However, one does not "prove" his case, or make his case, by citing the retards among either camp. That's basically what the OP did.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."