Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Possession

lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 5:10:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bump.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 5:30:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.
Please provide what biblical evidence you think you have that any one was ' given a soul? '.

Next!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:48:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

Bulproof everybody knows you're possessed LOL
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:03:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.

BOO !
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:03:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:48:57 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

Bulproof everybody knows you're possessed LOL

No, not possessed, just subtly influenced as so many are, possibly even you, after all, as he demonstrated when tempting Christ he is perfectly capable of misquoting and misapplying scripture.

The difficulty is knowing when you are being influenced because Satan and his demons can be very suitable when it suits them. That is why scripture spends so much time warning us of the possibility.

I am always aware that I could be, and do all I can, including prayer, to avoid it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:09:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.

Let me see !
I'm not an adulterer
You are
I haven't cheated on three wives
You have
I haven't bought a third world sex slave
You have

But you claim I'm under the influence of your boogeyman.
Nice projection, madman.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:10:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

So could this be a possible illusion of free will? What I mean is that we believe that we have control of our lives but are really but a puppet in puppet show.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:14:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:10:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

So could this be a possible illusion of free will? What I mean is that we believe that we have control of our lives but are really but a puppet in puppet show.

The madman is certifiably insane, please ignore any and all of his fantasies.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:18:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:14:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:10:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

So could this be a possible illusion of free will? What I mean is that we believe that we have control of our lives but are really but a puppet in puppet show.

The madman is certifiably insane, please ignore any and all of his fantasies.

How are these fantasies? I am going after the philosphy of religion and the soul.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:22:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:09:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.

Let me see !
I'm not an adulterer
You are
I haven't cheated on three wives
You have
I haven't bought a third world sex slave
You have

O.O


But you claim I'm under the influence of your boogeyman.
Nice projection, madman.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:31:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:03:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.

BOO !

Lol, I am far from as easily frightened as you are.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:54:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:09:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.

Let me see !
I'm not an adulterer
You are

No I am not, but I have been in the past yes.

I haven't cheated on three wives
You have

I have never claimed otherwise.

I haven't bought a third world sex slave
You have

No, I haven't done any such thing, that is simply your warped take on it. The truth is I am marrying her, and have not paid a penny for the privilege.

Not all Philippino's are up for sale, and in the rural areas such as Imelda was born and brought up, they are very family oriented, some thing we could do with learning here.

Imelda has never hidden from em the fact that she was looking for a husband for herself and a father for her daughter, and she has chosen me, despite the fact that I am far from rich, abut as far as any partially disabled pensioner with no savings can be, but like me she sees money as a necessary ill.

In fact your comments are a racial slur, and whilst there are some such as you describe in the Philippines, I know from experienced that there are at least as many "gold diggers" in this country who are not interested in anyone who isn't at least financially secure. I have been on enough free dating sites to know that for a fact. I doubt very much if it is much different in the United States.

I cam well understand why so many British NAtionals and US Nationals marry Filipinas when you do you get a wife not an argument.


But you claim I'm under the influence of your boogeyman.
Nice projection, madman.

No it's not projection, it is fact. As I have found, with God's help it is possible to get out from under the influence that is operating in you, and the majority of Humanity.

However, as Paul makes very clear, it is not our pasts that matters since many followers of Christ have been despicable characters in the past, but have turned their backs on their previous lives.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God"s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God"s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

I freely admit I have been all of the highlighted ones above, but I can happily state that after a long hard struggle I am now amongst those described in verse 11, such nis the forgiveness of God through his son's sacrifice.

Incidentally, I have included revilers. Why?

Well the answer is simple. Like so many I once reviled the JWs, and on the rare occasions I met one I would simply take the mick out of them.

However I had my own, emotionally very painful "road to Damascus", and like Paul it took me a while to assimilate what I had truly found, and deep inside knew I had found, though it took me much longer than it took him. It took me about 4 years to truly get my head around it and decide I had to do something about it, even if it was only to test it out and see if I was fooling myself.

In fact I literally took Jehovah at his word, as expressed in Malachi 3: 10 ..............................................test me out, please, in this regard," Jehovah of armies says, "to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens+ and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.

I have received far more blessings, just as the scripture promises, for doing so than you would ever believe, and such is open to all who do indeed test Jehovah out in that regard by checking, honestly and openly, what is word really teaches us.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:08:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:54:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, I haven't done any such thing, that is simply your warped take on it. The truth is I am marrying her, and have not paid a penny for the privilege.
And you marrying her will make you and her an adulterers.
Or haven't you read the bible.
Go ahead great man of god and destroy her soul.
Cretin.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:46:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:14:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:10:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

So could this be a possible illusion of free will? What I mean is that we believe that we have control of our lives but are really but a puppet in puppet show.

The madman is certifiably insane, please ignore any and all of his fantasies.

Actually I am not, and I have a medical record to prove it. My father once tried to have mne certified and failed dismally, plus, as a depressive I get occasional Psychological and psychiatric assessments.

Also as a depressive I am in good company because many famous and respected people suffer from the same things I do, lol. Especially comedians, since like me they have developed a persona to hide the depression over the years.

However my depression is now well and truly under control and a very concerned Doctor has finally found an anti-depressive which subdues the depression without any side effects in me.

No composer I am amongst the privileged few who can actually prove that I am sane, lol,, which of course raises the question as to whether or not you are.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:51:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:46:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:14:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:10:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

So could this be a possible illusion of free will? What I mean is that we believe that we have control of our lives but are really but a puppet in puppet show.

The madman is certifiably insane, please ignore any and all of his fantasies.

Actually I am not, and I have a medical record to prove it. My father once tried to have mne certified and failed dismally, plus, as a depressive I get occasional Psychological and psychiatric assessments.

Also as a depressive I am in good company because many famous and respected people suffer from the same things I do, lol. Especially comedians, since like me they have developed a persona to hide the depression over the years.

However my depression is now well and truly under control and a very concerned Doctor has finally found an anti-depressive which subdues the depression without any side effects in me.

No composer I am amongst the privileged few who can actually prove that I am sane, lol,, which of course raises the question as to whether or not you are.

There ya go, well done madman. haha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:52:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:08:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:54:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, I haven't done any such thing, that is simply your warped take on it. The truth is I am marrying her, and have not paid a penny for the privilege.
And you marrying her will make you and her an adulterers.
Or haven't you read the bible.
Go ahead great man of god and destroy her soul.
Cretin.

Oh I have. much more closely than you, because if you knew scripture you would know that the only grounds for a scriptural divorce is adultery, and since I was divorced on those grounds every time I am free from the taint of what would otherwise have been bigamy not adultery, both legally and spiritually.

Matthew 5:31,32
31 "Moreover, it was said: "Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce." 32 However, I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

You really don;t know your bible at any depth at all do you, lol, which is why you always make a fool of yourself when you make such statements.

Incidentally they divorced me, so I am not a "subject for adultery". Also Imelda has never been married, or divorced so she is free also.

Sorry Composer, as usual you lose every which way, including loose.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:57:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

Incidentally if anyone wants a relatively true picture of what possession involves try watching a video called "The Entity" which is a dramatised true story of a woman in Mexico.

http://www.imdb.com...

I watched it as part of my early researches decades ago, but it fits in very well with the scriptural description of possession tells us. It is however pretty reifying so don;t watch unless you have a strong emotional makeup.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:06:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:52:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:08:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:54:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, I haven't done any such thing, that is simply your warped take on it. The truth is I am marrying her, and have not paid a penny for the privilege.
And you marrying her will make you and her an adulterers.
Or haven't you read the bible.
Go ahead great man of god and destroy her soul.
Cretin.

Oh I have. much more closely than you, because if you knew scripture you would know that the only grounds for a scriptural divorce is adultery, and since I was divorced on those grounds every time I am free from the taint of what would otherwise have been bigamy not adultery, both legally and spiritually.

Matthew 5:31,32
31 "Moreover, it was said: "Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce." 32 However, I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

You really don;t know your bible at any depth at all do you, lol, which is why you always make a fool of yourself when you make such statements.

Incidentally they divorced me, so I am not a "subject for adultery". Also Imelda has never been married, or divorced so she is free also.

Sorry Composer, as usual you lose every which way, including loose.

Now how did I know that you would claim the misogyny defense for your continued adultery.

It says if you don't remarry you must remarry your adulterous WIFE.
If you don't abide by the misogyny precept then it also applies to the HUSBAND.
Trying to twist the passage to support your own adultery? Like men have done since well before your god was invented?

I'll save you the trouble, the answer is::::
YES

BTW Imelda is an aduterer so you marrying her makes you an unrepentant adulterer to the Nth degree. SINNER

Simpleton.
Try to keep up with who you are responding to.
Or at least ask one of the nurses.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:10:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Rare=Zero. Possession never happens.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

Mind control never happens. MCB, you really need to quit trying to "explain" things. None of what you have described ever takes place, and no spirits exist to do this. The very idea that whack job ideas like this can be propagated so easily (as if fact) is laughable.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

Demons, Live at Five!!! Only right here on W-MCB!

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

Uh-oh... Better call the Charmed Ones. They vanquish demons, while wearing high heels!

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Honestly, MCB... You deliver this type of fantasy as though you're delivering a physics lecture at MIT. You actually almost sound as though you're in full possession of something resembling "knowledge."

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

Yes, of course you have. Was the split pea soup hard to get out of that beard?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

No.
Just no.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:11:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:03:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:57:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

You wouldn't see anything if you did, after all you aren't aware of his influence on you are you, but it is definitely there.

BOO !

FORGLASK!!!
^5!
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:20:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:03:30 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:48:57 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

Bulproof everybody knows you're possessed LOL

No, not possessed, just subtly influenced as so many are, possibly even you, after all, as he demonstrated when tempting Christ he is perfectly capable of misquoting and misapplying scripture.

The difficulty is knowing when you are being influenced because Satan and his demons can be very suitable when it suits them. That is why scripture spends so much time warning us of the possibility.

I am always aware that I could be, and do all I can, including prayer, to avoid it.

Let me get this straight: You claiming that MattMcGuire is under satan's influence? He's got to be one of the sanest, most rational and even-keeled theists with which I have ever exchanged ideas... While there are things he's stated that I find difficult to envision, I'm sure I've stated some things that he finds equally difficult. But to insinuate that someone like matt is under the influence of an evil spirit is pretty ridiculous...

He is a theist.
He is pretty well-spoken/written.
I don't see him lash out, malevolently.
He is a believer in the jeebus.

And you are actually relegating him to being satanically influenced? Wow. I can see any one of you extreme theists making that statement about me, bulproof, Graincruncher, etc. But Matt? You really are out there, aren't you, brother?
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:25:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:10:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:19:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2014 5:43:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:
When I was writting my fan fiction, Death of DDO, I came across the question of what happens to a person's soul when they are possessed. Are they there seeing the whole thing, just in the passenger seat or is their soul completely booted from their body and sent somewhere else.

In reality possession is rare and extreme, but form what little evidence is available the victim is well aware of what is happening, but powerless to control it.

Much more common is mind control which is anything from putting a thought into your head and seeing how you react to it, to causing you to see "ghosts" or other phenomena, which do not truly exist. It can also be used to weaken your resistance to "suggestions" in a similar way to hypnosis, and incidentally hypnosis can leave you vulnerable to any level of mind control.

It has to be remembered that the ones who exercise this form of mind control are not benign, they are distinctly malevolent and much more powerful than we are. Many of the events we see on the news are driven by such mind control.

However this control can only be exercised though our spirit, not our soul, which is the only real connection between us and the spirit world, whether God's side or Satan's. The only real difference between the two is that God will never exercise mind control to even remotely the level that Satan will, simply, on request, putting ideas and thoughts into our heads and seeing what we do with them.

God also allows us times of privacy, even if we invite him in, whereas Satan is with us 24/7 looking for way us to exploit what control we inadvertently let him have, and the only protection we have comes from God who will protect us if we ask, and for the right reasons. However he will only do so if we truly have, and exercise, faith in him and his abilities.

Before anyone asks, I have had personal as well as second hand experience of both sides of this equation, therefore I do at least have some real, and in some cases practical, experience of what I speak of.

So could this be a possible illusion of free will? What I mean is that we believe that we have control of our lives but are really but a puppet in puppet show.

Free will is neither an illusion, nor unlimited. We were designed with the level of intelligence which gives us to be semi-autonomous, and granted free will to use within those limitations.

The fact that many have chosen to use their free will beyond our design capabilities merely shows the limits of their intelligence since a truly intelligent person knows what their limitations really are, and works within them.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 10:17:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:20:20 AM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:03:30 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:48:57 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

Bulproof everybody knows you're possessed LOL

No, not possessed, just subtly influenced as so many are, possibly even you, after all, as he demonstrated when tempting Christ he is perfectly capable of misquoting and misapplying scripture.

The difficulty is knowing when you are being influenced because Satan and his demons can be very suitable when it suits them. That is why scripture spends so much time warning us of the possibility.

I am always aware that I could be, and do all I can, including prayer, to avoid it.

Let me get this straight: You claiming that MattMcGuire is under satan's influence? He's got to be one of the sanest, most rational and even-keeled theists with which I have ever exchanged ideas... While there are things he's stated that I find difficult to envision, I'm sure I've stated some things that he finds equally difficult. But to insinuate that someone like matt is under the influence of an evil spirit is pretty ridiculous...

He is a theist.
He is pretty well-spoken/written.
I don't see him lash out, malevolently.
He is a believer in the jeebus.

And you are actually relegating him to being satanically influenced? Wow. I can see any one of you extreme theists making that statement about me, bulproof, Graincruncher, etc. But Matt? You really are out there, aren't you, brother?

I am saying that the whole world is, as Jesus and the Apostles taught us, under the influence, and that includes the vast majority of Theists.

No-one is free from the dangers of that influence, and those who are most at risk are those who do not recognise the risks.

As to Theists I shall quote the Apostle on this:

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder

Being a theist, a believer in God, is no protection in itself because Satan and his demons also believe in God, in fact they have known him personally. For all the god it did them.

The importance resides in knowing which God, and which church's teaching about that God.

Where do you think that the Apostasy abou which Jesus and the Apostles warned us all came from? Apostates are not atheists, they are theists who follow another God. The vast majority eitehr follow Allah, or claim, falsely to follow Christ.

Do you worship Christ? or the one he worshipped, his father?

All false teachings stem originally from Satan and his demons, they are all ideas inserted into human heads that for whatever reason that human has run with, almost certainly thinking it was his own idea, or possibly believing it came from God.

There is only one way to be relatively safe from the influence of Satan, and that is the one taught by both Jesus and the Apostles, as well as the Prophets of old.

What is that?

Reliance on Jehovah.

Even then you are only relatively safe, because as soon as anyone raises their head above the religious parapet in a search for truth, that one becomes a particular target of Satan and his demons. Just as Jesus was in the wilderness before commencing his ministry. Just as, no doubt, Paul would have been during his brief sojourn in Arabia before commencing his ministry.

Why would Satan concentrate on such ones?

Why would any captor concentrate on a prisoner attempting to escape. Satan does not want any to get out from under his control.

Whether or not matt.mcguire88is under Satanic influence depends purely on whether or not what he teaches is the truth.

As Jesus also pointed out, even if they teach in Christ's name, if they do not teach truth he does not want to know them.

Matthew 7:21-23, see also Matthew 7:13,14.

Also if he is, whether or not he stays under that influence or not is also down to him, and whether or not he turns to God for help and wisdom (James 1:5-8),m since only God can authorise protecting us, and as I have intimated earlier, it is also down to each one of us to remain under that protection because if for any reason we wander away God will not stop us.

So test out his teachings, and mine, as well as those of any other teacher of scripture, and decide, very carefully, which one is truly teaching truth as accurately as possible at this time.

I too have to fight that insidious influence of Satan daily, hourly even at times.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 10:21:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:20:20 AM, irreverent_god wrote:

You really are out there, aren't you, brother?

Of course I am, all who follow Christ have to be. There are few grey areas in serving God and Christ, it is not a thing for half measures, but involves our whole lives, and every waking minute.

There are only two choices, you are either "out there" following Christ, or you are not. If you are not then by default you are proving Satan's challenge to be true in your case, which puts you squarely on his side whether you want to be or not.

Read Matthew 23. Did Jesus pussyfoot about? No, he was also well and truly "out there". Why did he hate the Pharisees so much? Because they did not teach the truth.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:46:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 10:17:13 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 9:20:20 AM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:03:30 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:48:57 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:30:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's Harry Potter.
OOOh boogy boogy.

Check under your bed.

Bulproof everybody knows you're possessed LOL

No, not possessed, just subtly influenced as so many are, possibly even you, after all, as he demonstrated when tempting Christ he is perfectly capable of misquoting and misapplying scripture.

The difficulty is knowing when you are being influenced because Satan and his demons can be very suitable when it suits them. That is why scripture spends so much time warning us of the possibility.

I am always aware that I could be, and do all I can, including prayer, to avoid it.

Let me get this straight: You claiming that MattMcGuire is under satan's influence? He's got to be one of the sanest, most rational and even-keeled theists with which I have ever exchanged ideas... While there are things he's stated that I find difficult to envision, I'm sure I've stated some things that he finds equally difficult. But to insinuate that someone like matt is under the influence of an evil spirit is pretty ridiculous...

He is a theist.
He is pretty well-spoken/written.
I don't see him lash out, malevolently.
He is a believer in the jeebus.

And you are actually relegating him to being satanically influenced? Wow. I can see any one of you extreme theists making that statement about me, bulproof, Graincruncher, etc. But Matt? You really are out there, aren't you, brother?

I am saying that the whole world is, as Jesus and the Apostles taught us, under the influence, and that includes the vast majority of Theists.

Everybody except you and those who believe as you do, right?

No-one is free from the dangers of that influence, and those who are most at risk are those who do not recognise the risks.

I am. I recognize no risk of being controlled by demons/devil.

As to Theists I shall quote the Apostle on this:

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder

Yes, I think I just felt a shudder run up my spine... Oh, no... wait... I just have to pee. I'll be right back.

Being a theist, a believer in God, is no protection in itself because Satan and his demons also believe in God, in fact they have known him personally. For all the god it did them.

So, then, only being the "correct" type of believer, and enacting the "correct" behavior can protect you, right? What about all of the people that go their entire lives (the vast majority of the world, in fact) without a single supernatural/demonic incident?

The importance resides in knowing which God, and which church's teaching about that God.

They all teach a bunch of garbage.

Where do you think that the Apostasy abou which Jesus and the Apostles warned us all came from? Apostates are not atheists, they are theists who follow another God. The vast majority eitehr follow Allah, or claim, falsely to follow Christ.

Apostacy (if you truly follow Jehovah's witnesses) is being a part of the 144,000, and speaking out against god. Go learn your own religion (unless that has changed), then "teach."

Do you worship Christ? or the one he worshipped, his father?

No. I worship nothing and no one. First, any being (as the one you preach) that vast, that powerful, that absolutely complete within itself, would have neither the need nor (would I assume) the desire to be worshiped by a collection of nothing like humanity... Second, the bible is a collection of garbage both written and inspired by humans. Third, religion is a collection of senseless mandates based on the assumption that ancient manuscripts were actually valid forms of behavioral standards.

All false teachings stem originally from Satan and his demons, they are all ideas inserted into human heads that for whatever reason that human has run with, almost certainly thinking it was his own idea, or possibly believing it came from God.

Incorrect. All false teaching spring forth from those that claim to speak on behalf of a deity, and command the lives and will of others. False teachings come from religion, alone.

There is only one way to be relatively safe from the influence of Satan, and that is the one taught by both Jesus and the Apostles, as well as the Prophets of old.

No, MCB... The only way to be free of satan is for him to not exist. Mission accomplished!

What is that?

Reliance on Jehovah.

Ummm..... Yeeeaaahhh.... Not so much.

Even then you are only relatively safe, because as soon as anyone raises their head above the religious parapet in a search for truth, that one becomes a particular target of Satan and his demons. Just as Jesus was in the wilderness before commencing his ministry. Just as, no doubt, Paul would have been during his brief sojourn in Arabia before commencing his ministry.

Do you really believe all the nonsense you sputter, regularly?

Why would Satan concentrate on such ones?

Because you have asserted it?

Why would any captor concentrate on a prisoner attempting to escape. Satan does not want any to get out from under his control.

Oh... Because you claim that which was asserted several centuries prior to codified written language was even in common use...

Whether or not matt.mcguire88is under Satanic influence depends purely on whether or not what he teaches is the truth.

I think, despite the fact that matt believes in the jeebus, he is still far closer to 'the truth' than you are.

As Jesus also pointed out, even if they teach in Christ's name, if they do not teach truth he does not want to know them.

Matthew 7:21-23, see also Matthew 7:13,14.

"And many will come to me on that day, saying, "Lord, Lord..." blahblahblah. I know the passages. Unfortunately, it's a bunch of ancient ignorance written down for the sake of controlling an entire nation. There is evidence that the jeebus was a real individual. Three is no indication of divinity. Why don't you ever use the phrase, "I believe," in front of anything you ever sputter out? You state things as though you are proclaiming some deep and meaningful truth... You aren't.

Also if he is, whether or not he stays under that influence or not is also down to him, and whether or not he turns to God for help and wisdom (James 1:5-8),m since only God can authorise protecting us, and as I have intimated earlier, it is also down to each one of us to remain under that protection because if for any reason we wander away God will not stop us.

Is it down to each mother with a starving child, with no means of providing for that child, to save the child's life? Of is that part of your magnificent gawd's plan?

So test out his teachings, and mine, as well as those of any other teacher of scripture, and decide, very carefully, which one is truly teaching truth as accurately as possible at this time.

I tested the bible's teachings. They were false and stupid. You have no teachings. You have ridiculous interpretations of a stupid book, written by ignorant fools, inspired by misogyny and imperialism.

I too have to fight that insidious influence of Satan daily, hourly even at times.

Funny, but you strike me as more of a revival tent reformist, than a JW.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.