Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Marvelous Evolution

matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:24:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?

The second law of thermodynamics, and it's a virtuous (self-reinforcing) cycle, so it 'maintains' itself.

What keeps our model going?

See above.

How has it become a self sustaining system?

Autocatalysis, and the fact that variations are possible in the products, and the fact the products template the next cycle of products. Those two factors are the major three components of generating something that can be called life.

When will it fail?

To end any autocatalytic cycle you need to either:
1. Stop the supply of reactants
2. Change the conditions so that the catalyst (life) will stop functioning as a catalyst

Neither of which are easy considering how diverse life it today. Even if the sun were to just go out, life would still survive from earth's internal heat. Removing water or carbon from the equation is much more likely, water will eventually all evaporate within the next billion years, and the earths carbon is gradually being trapped in hard-to-access sources (as lime, as buried biomass).

2. Is also hard to do, the sun is going to swallow earth and vaporize life... So I guess that counts lol.

Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

That is a loaded oxymoronic question, lol.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:45:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:24:40 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?

The second law of thermodynamics, and it's a virtuous (self-reinforcing) cycle, so it 'maintains' itself.

What keeps our model going?

See above.

How has it become a self sustaining system?

Autocatalysis, and the fact that variations are possible in the products, and the fact the products template the next cycle of products. Those two factors are the major three components of generating something that can be called life.

When will it fail?

To end any autocatalytic cycle you need to either:
1. Stop the supply of reactants
2. Change the conditions so that the catalyst (life) will stop functioning as a catalyst

Neither of which are easy considering how diverse life it today. Even if the sun were to just go out, life would still survive from earth's internal heat. Removing water or carbon from the equation is much more likely, water will eventually all evaporate within the next billion years, and the earths carbon is gradually being trapped in hard-to-access sources (as lime, as buried biomass).

2. Is also hard to do, the sun is going to swallow earth and vaporize life... So I guess that counts lol.

Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

That is a loaded oxymoronic question, lol.

Lol, It is.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:49:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

What does this have to do with evolution?

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

To answer my own question: nothing.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:53:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:49:02 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

What does this have to do with evolution?

Yeah sorry I should have distinguished that LOL, that's funny.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

To answer my own question: nothing.

My bad.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:55:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:53:28 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:49:02 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

What does this have to do with evolution?

Yeah sorry I should have distinguished that LOL, that's funny.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

To answer my own question: nothing.

My bad.

As a genuine aside to this, where does that misconception come from? I've heard/seen it countless times and I find it hard to understand how people can be so confused over it. Particularly when they're so passionately against the theory - I'd generally expect them to understand what it is and isn't about. Is there some organisation handing out misinformation on it or something?
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:03:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:55:28 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:53:28 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:49:02 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

What does this have to do with evolution?

Yeah sorry I should have distinguished that LOL, that's funny.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

To answer my own question: nothing.

My bad.

As a genuine aside to this, where does that misconception come from? I've heard/seen it countless times and I find it hard to understand how people can be so confused over it. Particularly when they're so passionately against the theory - I'd generally expect them to understand what it is and isn't about. Is there some organisation handing out misinformation on it or something?

Well from a materialist point of view I would assume evolution and the origins of the universe go hand in hand? for non theists anyway.
I'm not passionate against the theory, I disagree with the idea that there is no Creator.
I also like to hear from the posters, the different views and ideas.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:13:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:03:02 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:55:28 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:53:28 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:49:02 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

What does this have to do with evolution?

Yeah sorry I should have distinguished that LOL, that's funny.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

To answer my own question: nothing.

My bad.

As a genuine aside to this, where does that misconception come from? I've heard/seen it countless times and I find it hard to understand how people can be so confused over it. Particularly when they're so passionately against the theory - I'd generally expect them to understand what it is and isn't about. Is there some organisation handing out misinformation on it or something?

Well from a materialist point of view I would assume evolution and the origins of the universe go hand in hand? for non theists anyway.
I'm not passionate against the theory, I disagree with the idea that there is no Creator.
I also like to hear from the posters, the different views and ideas.

I did not mean you in particular; sorry, it probably sounded demanding. I was just wondering if you knew why a lot of people who are strongly opposed to evolution tend to get it confused with cosmology.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:27:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:13:02 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:03:02 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:55:28 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:53:28 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:49:02 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

What does this have to do with evolution?

Yeah sorry I should have distinguished that LOL, that's funny.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

To answer my own question: nothing.

My bad.

As a genuine aside to this, where does that misconception come from? I've heard/seen it countless times and I find it hard to understand how people can be so confused over it. Particularly when they're so passionately against the theory - I'd generally expect them to understand what it is and isn't about. Is there some organisation handing out misinformation on it or something?

Well from a materialist point of view I would assume evolution and the origins of the universe go hand in hand? for non theists anyway.
I'm not passionate against the theory, I disagree with the idea that there is no Creator.
I also like to hear from the posters, the different views and ideas.

I did not mean you in particular; sorry, it probably sounded demanding. I was just wondering if you knew why a lot of people who are strongly opposed to evolution tend to get it confused with cosmology.

Not sure, but my questions are genuine I'm actually curious what goes through peoples mind and how they sort it out. This post was not created to debate the subject, I'm just interested.
Are you fascinated by our Universe? do you think it's marvelous or are you bored with it lol?
With or without God, do you find our existence "miraculous" to any degree?, not taking the word literally.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 8:50:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:27:50 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Not sure, but my questions are genuine I'm actually curious what goes through peoples mind and how they sort it out. This post was not created to debate the subject, I'm just interested.
Are you fascinated by our Universe? do you think it's marvelous or are you bored with it lol?
With or without God, do you find our existence "miraculous" to any degree?, not taking the word literally.

I'm certainly fascinated by the universe, yes. It contains a lot of beauty and mystery, a delightfully complex vastness of both extent and depth. I don't think I'd ever really use the word 'miraculous' though.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:15:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:50:30 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:27:50 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Not sure, but my questions are genuine I'm actually curious what goes through peoples mind and how they sort it out. This post was not created to debate the subject, I'm just interested.
Are you fascinated by our Universe? do you think it's marvelous or are you bored with it lol?
With or without God, do you find our existence "miraculous" to any degree?, not taking the word literally.

I'm certainly fascinated by the universe, yes. It contains a lot of beauty and mystery, a delightfully complex vastness of both extent and depth. I don't think I'd ever really use the word 'miraculous' though.

Come on GC, are you suuuuuuure you wouldn't usethat word, are you not even tempted to use the word "mIraculous" LOL?
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:17:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:15:53 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:50:30 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:27:50 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Not sure, but my questions are genuine I'm actually curious what goes through peoples mind and how they sort it out. This post was not created to debate the subject, I'm just interested.
Are you fascinated by our Universe? do you think it's marvelous or are you bored with it lol?
With or without God, do you find our existence "miraculous" to any degree?, not taking the word literally.

I'm certainly fascinated by the universe, yes. It contains a lot of beauty and mystery, a delightfully complex vastness of both extent and depth. I don't think I'd ever really use the word 'miraculous' though.

Come on GC, are you suuuuuuure you wouldn't usethat word, are you not even tempted to use the word "mIraculous" LOL?

It's a loaded term and I'm a little suspicious as to why you'd want me to use it, to be honest.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:35:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:17:25 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 9:15:53 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:50:30 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/22/2014 8:27:50 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Not sure, but my questions are genuine I'm actually curious what goes through peoples mind and how they sort it out. This post was not created to debate the subject, I'm just interested.
Are you fascinated by our Universe? do you think it's marvelous or are you bored with it lol?
With or without God, do you find our existence "miraculous" to any degree?, not taking the word literally.

I'm certainly fascinated by the universe, yes. It contains a lot of beauty and mystery, a delightfully complex vastness of both extent and depth. I don't think I'd ever really use the word 'miraculous' though.

Come on GC, are you suuuuuuure you wouldn't usethat word, are you not even tempted to use the word "mIraculous" LOL?

It's a loaded term and I'm a little suspicious as to why you'd want me to use it, to be honest.

I'm trying to brainwash you, without you knowing it that's all. Just kidding... you don't have to use the word, it's cool.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:36:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:24:40 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?

The second law of thermodynamics, and it's a virtuous (self-reinforcing) cycle, so it 'maintains' itself.

What keeps our model going?

See above.

How has it become a self sustaining system?

Autocatalysis, and the fact that variations are possible in the products, and the fact the products template the next cycle of products. Those two factors are the major three components of generating something that can be called life.

When will it fail?

To end any autocatalytic cycle you need to either:
1. Stop the supply of reactants
2. Change the conditions so that the catalyst (life) will stop functioning as a catalyst

Neither of which are easy considering how diverse life it today. Even if the sun were to just go out, life would still survive from earth's internal heat. Removing water or carbon from the equation is much more likely, water will eventually all evaporate within the next billion years, and the earths carbon is gradually being trapped in hard-to-access sources (as lime, as buried biomass).

2. Is also hard to do, the sun is going to swallow earth and vaporize life... So I guess that counts lol.

Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

That is a loaded oxymoronic question, lol.

Thank you for this BTW, I'm sure others will enjoy it too.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:45:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:36:51 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:24:40 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?

The second law of thermodynamics, and it's a virtuous (self-reinforcing) cycle, so it 'maintains' itself.

What keeps our model going?

See above.

How has it become a self sustaining system?

Autocatalysis, and the fact that variations are possible in the products, and the fact the products template the next cycle of products. Those two factors are the major three components of generating something that can be called life.

When will it fail?

To end any autocatalytic cycle you need to either:
1. Stop the supply of reactants
2. Change the conditions so that the catalyst (life) will stop functioning as a catalyst

Neither of which are easy considering how diverse life it today. Even if the sun were to just go out, life would still survive from earth's internal heat. Removing water or carbon from the equation is much more likely, water will eventually all evaporate within the next billion years, and the earths carbon is gradually being trapped in hard-to-access sources (as lime, as buried biomass).

2. Is also hard to do, the sun is going to swallow earth and vaporize life... So I guess that counts lol.

Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

That is a loaded oxymoronic question, lol.

Thank you for this BTW, I'm sure others will enjoy it too.

Sarcasm?

Btw I thought this was in the science forum... So I gave it a science oriented answer. But realize now it's religion forum.... Which just plain annoys me.

Why the hell is evolution a topic in the religion forum?? The substance of the topic barely even touches on evolution either...
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:55:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:45:37 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 9:36:51 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:24:40 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?

The second law of thermodynamics, and it's a virtuous (self-reinforcing) cycle, so it 'maintains' itself.

What keeps our model going?

See above.

How has it become a self sustaining system?

Autocatalysis, and the fact that variations are possible in the products, and the fact the products template the next cycle of products. Those two factors are the major three components of generating something that can be called life.

When will it fail?

To end any autocatalytic cycle you need to either:
1. Stop the supply of reactants
2. Change the conditions so that the catalyst (life) will stop functioning as a catalyst

Neither of which are easy considering how diverse life it today. Even if the sun were to just go out, life would still survive from earth's internal heat. Removing water or carbon from the equation is much more likely, water will eventually all evaporate within the next billion years, and the earths carbon is gradually being trapped in hard-to-access sources (as lime, as buried biomass).

2. Is also hard to do, the sun is going to swallow earth and vaporize life... So I guess that counts lol.

Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

That is a loaded oxymoronic question, lol.

Thank you for this BTW, I'm sure others will enjoy it too.

Sarcasm?
Not at all.

Btw I thought this was in the science forum... So I gave it a science oriented answer. But realize now it's religion forum.... Which just plain annoys me.

Was not my intention.

Why the hell is evolution a topic in the religion forum?? The substance of the topic barely even touches on evolution either...

Good question, my only answer is that I come from the perception that there is a Creator, the origins of our Universe to me are on equal playing fields, didn't mean to disturb you. I was hoping to hear from theist as well as non.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 10:06:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 9:45:37 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 9:36:51 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:24:40 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?

The second law of thermodynamics, and it's a virtuous (self-reinforcing) cycle, so it 'maintains' itself.

What keeps our model going?

See above.

How has it become a self sustaining system?

Autocatalysis, and the fact that variations are possible in the products, and the fact the products template the next cycle of products. Those two factors are the major three components of generating something that can be called life.

When will it fail?

To end any autocatalytic cycle you need to either:
1. Stop the supply of reactants
2. Change the conditions so that the catalyst (life) will stop functioning as a catalyst

Neither of which are easy considering how diverse life it today. Even if the sun were to just go out, life would still survive from earth's internal heat. Removing water or carbon from the equation is much more likely, water will eventually all evaporate within the next billion years, and the earths carbon is gradually being trapped in hard-to-access sources (as lime, as buried biomass).

2. Is also hard to do, the sun is going to swallow earth and vaporize life... So I guess that counts lol.

Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

That is a loaded oxymoronic question, lol.

Thank you for this BTW, I'm sure others will enjoy it too.

Sarcasm?

Btw I thought this was in the science forum... So I gave it a science oriented answer. But realize now it's religion forum.... Which just plain annoys me.

Why the hell is evolution a topic in the religion forum?? The substance of the topic barely even touches on evolution either...

So anyway I don't know how my comment is misinterpreted, but I personally thought your response was educational and insightful.
Brendan21
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 10:22:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 8:27:50 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

Not sure, but my questions are genuine I'm actually curious what goes through peoples mind and how they sort it out. This post was not created to debate the subject, I'm just interested.
Are you fascinated by our Universe? do you think it's marvelous or are you bored with it lol?
With or without God, do you find our existence "miraculous" to any degree?, not taking the word literally.

I personally don't believe the origin of the universe and life to be connected as of yet, though it could be a possibility if life was created at the same time as the universe, but doubtful imo.
As an agnostic I believe a creator being is a likely possibility, but the deity be responsible for life as we know it is another thing separate from creating the universe.
As far as we know it, life could have began in our solar system, however unlikely that is. And again as far as we know, life took millions and millions of years to form on earth. I find this to just be happenstance even with a creator deity of Deism
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 7:27:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

The title says evolution.
The op has nothing to do with evolution.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 7:32:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 7:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

The title says evolution.
The op has nothing to do with evolution.

Woops, I see this point has already been made.
As you were.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 8:17:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 7:32:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/24/2014 7:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:08:45 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I have a question for evolutionists.

No, I'm not gonna say " so something came from nothing huh?". Okay so I get the fact that our universe didn't just come from nothing fine, or at least that's what I've seen in responses.

My question rather is..... What maintains it!?
What keeps our model going?
How has it become a self sustaining system?
When will it fail?
Are the odds really in favor of such seemingly impossible scenario?

The title says evolution.
The op has nothing to do with evolution.

Woops, I see this point has already been made.
As you were.

Yes I goofed up the title and the recipient of my question okay okay ya got me.