Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

@ Fatihah

Romanii
Posts: 4,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 11:54:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Would you be interested in debating me on the following resolution?

"Resolved: Atheism is Illogical"

Pro: Fatihah
Con: Romanii

You are evidently very confident in your arguments; why do you consistently decline my offers to do an actual debate? It will be fun, and you can actually put your arguments to a test in a structured debate setting.
And before I am accused of just wanting a free win or something along those lines allow me to make it clear that I am willing to make it a rule of the debate that no one is allowed to vote on it.
What says you?

P.S. If Fatihah declines, then anyone who wants to debate me on this may express interest in doing so, and I'll probably take them up on it.
Romanii
Posts: 4,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 11:55:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
And yes, I did make this a separate forum topic specifically for the purposes of putting on pressure for him to accept.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:19:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/25/2014 11:54:13 PM, Romanii wrote:
Would you be interested in debating me on the following resolution?

"Resolved: Atheism is Illogical"

Pro: Fatihah
Con: Romanii

You are evidently very confident in your arguments; why do you consistently decline my offers to do an actual debate? It will be fun, and you can actually put your arguments to a test in a structured debate setting.
And before I am accused of just wanting a free win or something along those lines allow me to make it clear that I am willing to make it a rule of the debate that no one is allowed to vote on it.
What says you?

P.S. If Fatihah declines, then anyone who wants to debate me on this may express interest in doing so, and I'll probably take them up on it.

Response: The debate is pointless. We are debating now. So there is no need to set up a secluded debate. And by stating there is no voting, then it makes it more pointless. We can debate it now on this thread. There is no logical reason not set up a debate challenge. I prefer the open forum.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:24:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/26/2014 12:19:30 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/25/2014 11:54:13 PM, Romanii wrote:
Would you be interested in debating me on the following resolution?

"Resolved: Atheism is Illogical"

Pro: Fatihah
Con: Romanii

You are evidently very confident in your arguments; why do you consistently decline my offers to do an actual debate? It will be fun, and you can actually put your arguments to a test in a structured debate setting.
And before I am accused of just wanting a free win or something along those lines allow me to make it clear that I am willing to make it a rule of the debate that no one is allowed to vote on it.
What says you?

P.S. If Fatihah declines, then anyone who wants to debate me on this may express interest in doing so, and I'll probably take them up on it.

Response: The debate is pointless. We are debating now. So there is no need to set up a secluded debate. And by stating there is no voting, then it makes it more pointless. We can debate it now on this thread. There is no logical reason not set up a debate challenge. I prefer the open forum.

Out of curiousity, and no disrespect intended, but why do you say "response:" before responding to everything? It seems redundant and self-explanatory that you are eliciting a response without saying the word.
Romanii
Posts: 4,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:24:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/26/2014 12:19:30 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/25/2014 11:54:13 PM, Romanii wrote:
Would you be interested in debating me on the following resolution?

"Resolved: Atheism is Illogical"

Pro: Fatihah
Con: Romanii

You are evidently very confident in your arguments; why do you consistently decline my offers to do an actual debate? It will be fun, and you can actually put your arguments to a test in a structured debate setting.
And before I am accused of just wanting a free win or something along those lines allow me to make it clear that I am willing to make it a rule of the debate that no one is allowed to vote on it.
What says you?

P.S. If Fatihah declines, then anyone who wants to debate me on this may express interest in doing so, and I'll probably take them up on it.

Response: The debate is pointless. We are debating now. So there is no need to set up a secluded debate. And by stating there is no voting, then it makes it more pointless. We can debate it now on this thread. There is no logical reason not set up a debate challenge. I prefer the open forum.

Alright, sounds fine.
Please present all your arguments for atheism being illogical in a separate post on this thread, and I'll attempt to refute it tomorrow.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:29:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/26/2014 12:24:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

Out of curiousity, and no disrespect intended, but why do you say "response:" before responding to everything? It seems redundant and self-explanatory that you are eliciting a response without saying the word.

Response: Because when I first began debating on religious websites several years ago I did it on a mobile phone where the format was different and the only way to distinguish my posts from others was to put "response" in front of mine. After time, I became known and identified by it so out of habit and for that reason I continue to use it.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:30:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/26/2014 12:29:32 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/26/2014 12:24:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

Out of curiousity, and no disrespect intended, but why do you say "response:" before responding to everything? It seems redundant and self-explanatory that you are eliciting a response without saying the word.

Response: Because when I first began debating on religious websites several years ago I did it on a mobile phone where the format was different and the only way to distinguish my posts from others was to put "response" in front of mine. After time, I became known and identified by it so out of habit and for that reason I continue to use it.

That's interesting, thanks
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:35:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/26/2014 12:24:41 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/26/2014 12:19:30 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/25/2014 11:54:13 PM, Romanii wrote:
Would you be interested in debating me on the following resolution?

"Resolved: Atheism is Illogical"

Pro: Fatihah
Con: Romanii

You are evidently very confident in your arguments; why do you consistently decline my offers to do an actual debate? It will be fun, and you can actually put your arguments to a test in a structured debate setting.
And before I am accused of just wanting a free win or something along those lines allow me to make it clear that I am willing to make it a rule of the debate that no one is allowed to vote on it.
What says you?

P.S. If Fatihah declines, then anyone who wants to debate me on this may express interest in doing so, and I'll probably take them up on it.

Response: The debate is pointless. We are debating now. So there is no need to set up a secluded debate. And by stating there is no voting, then it makes it more pointless. We can debate it now on this thread. There is no logical reason not set up a debate challenge. I prefer the open forum.

Alright, sounds fine.
Please present all your arguments for atheism being illogical in a separate post on this thread, and I'll attempt to refute it tomorrow.

Response: I'm on my mobile phone for the time being until my laptop is fixed so presenting my whole argument is too time consuming especially from a mobile phone. I have also already debated on Intelligent design and created several threads on it. Many you've responded to. But since you insist, I'll copy and paste it here.