Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Global Flood

popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here's another question I have for YEC who believe that a global flood occured. How do you resolve this tension?

"(1) Young earth creationists believe the flood radically redrew the entire geological landscape in the most radical cataclysm the world has ever known.

(2) Genesis refers to geological features prior to the flood which existed after the flood, despite the fact that any global flood on the scale accepted by the young earth creationists would have likely destroyed those features.

Here"s the relevant passage:

"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

http://randalrauser.com...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:18:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

Here is picture of the principle how the flood happened.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...

According to the Bible, earth (=dry land) was on top of great deep and there were pillars of earth. The part of earth where Euphrates is, may be on top of one of the pillars and therefore it have stayed while other parts have not.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 3:01:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If the flood really happened, why didn't ancient man start worshipping the fish of the sea as the favored of all of God's creation?
Cygnus
Posts: 153
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 3:03:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:18:28 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

Here is picture of the principle how the flood happened.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...

According to the Bible, earth (=dry land) was on top of great deep and there were pillars of earth. The part of earth where Euphrates is, may be on top of one of the pillars and therefore it have stayed while other parts have not.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...

I don't even know what to say to this.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 3:07:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 3:03:31 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:18:28 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

Here is picture of the principle how the flood happened.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...

According to the Bible, earth (=dry land) was on top of great deep and there were pillars of earth. The part of earth where Euphrates is, may be on top of one of the pillars and therefore it have stayed while other parts have not.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...

I don't even know what to say to this.

My reaction as well.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 6:25:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Here's another question I have for YEC who believe that a global flood occured. How do you resolve this tension?

"(1) Young earth creationists believe the flood radically redrew the entire geological landscape in the most radical cataclysm the world has ever known.

(2) Genesis refers to geological features prior to the flood which existed after the flood, despite the fact that any global flood on the scale accepted by the young earth creationists would have likely destroyed those features.

Here"s the relevant passage:

"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

http://randalrauser.com...

I'm not a YEC, but for conversations sake, what would stop God from forming the earth with the same geological features that were there pre-flood?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 7:33:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 6:25:06 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Here's another question I have for YEC who believe that a global flood occured. How do you resolve this tension?

"(1) Young earth creationists believe the flood radically redrew the entire geological landscape in the most radical cataclysm the world has ever known.

(2) Genesis refers to geological features prior to the flood which existed after the flood, despite the fact that any global flood on the scale accepted by the young earth creationists would have likely destroyed those features.

Here"s the relevant passage:

"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

http://randalrauser.com...

I'm not a YEC, but for conversations sake, what would stop God from forming the earth with the same geological features that were there pre-flood?

The same thing that would stop God from magically making the water appear, and magically making the water dissapear. In other words, nothing.

I never understood why creationists were always scammering to try and posit explanations to biblical stories. Theres always going to be an aspect of creationism where its no different than magic, and therefore does not have an explanation.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 7:37:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 6:25:06 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Here's another question I have for YEC who believe that a global flood occured. How do you resolve this tension?

"(1) Young earth creationists believe the flood radically redrew the entire geological landscape in the most radical cataclysm the world has ever known.

(2) Genesis refers to geological features prior to the flood which existed after the flood, despite the fact that any global flood on the scale accepted by the young earth creationists would have likely destroyed those features.

Here"s the relevant passage:

"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

http://randalrauser.com...

I'm not a YEC, but for conversations sake, what would stop God from forming the earth with the same geological features that were there pre-flood?

Nothing, but that is horribly ad hoc. It says nothing about that in the text.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 7:41:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 7:37:23 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 5/28/2014 6:25:06 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/28/2014 11:11:31 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Here's another question I have for YEC who believe that a global flood occured. How do you resolve this tension?

"(1) Young earth creationists believe the flood radically redrew the entire geological landscape in the most radical cataclysm the world has ever known.

(2) Genesis refers to geological features prior to the flood which existed after the flood, despite the fact that any global flood on the scale accepted by the young earth creationists would have likely destroyed those features.

Here"s the relevant passage:

"What should be made of the fact, for example, that the geological event that is said by creationists to have wreaked such havoc upon the earth"s surface, literally tearing apart its mantle, somehow left all of the preflood geographical markers mentioned in Genesis 1-10 (the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the land of Cush, the land of Nod) precisely in place once the flood waters subsided?" (57)"

http://randalrauser.com...

I'm not a YEC, but for conversations sake, what would stop God from forming the earth with the same geological features that were there pre-flood?

Nothing, but that is horribly ad hoc. It says nothing about that in the text.

I do see your point. But could the argument not be made that since it is the same God creating it is reasonable to assume he would create in similar, if not the same ways as he did previously?