Jump to topic:

Sick of militant athiests.

festizzeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 7:39:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was just accosted by a militant Atheist while I was giving my sermon on the town hall steps of our market place, and I'm glad to say I destroyed his feeble rantings simply by trusting my judgement unto the Lord Christ. His ridiculous claims about evolution are easily rebuked, we all know science doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to theological facts, and his assertions about the big bang are simply ludicrous. I told him I wouldn't spend a single moment educating him on gods divine plan for creation, and did he have any more blasphemes to make unto God? And this my friends, is typical of the current crop of Dawkins inspired militant atheists. He told me to "F" myself with a crucifix, then fall into a storm drain and die.

I will pray for his soul.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 7:47:05 AM
At 5/31/2014 7:39:14 AM, festizzeo wrote:
I was just accosted by a militant Atheist while I was giving my sermon on the town hall steps of our market place, and I'm glad to say I destroyed his feeble rantings simply by trusting my judgement unto the Lord Christ. His ridiculous claims about evolution are easily rebuked, we all know science doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to theological facts, and his assertions about the big bang are simply ludicrous. I told him I wouldn't spend a single moment educating him on gods divine plan for creation, and did he have any more blasphemes to make unto God? And this my friends, is typical of the current crop of Dawkins inspired militant atheists. He told me to "F" myself with a crucifix, then fall into a storm drain and die.

Now this is funny.
Cygnus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 8:10:19 AM

While I can't say that I am an atheist, I am sorry that you had this experience. There are a lot of stupid atheists in this world and this guy is clearly one of them.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 8:23:43 AM

Isn't this how Christopher Hitchens actually died?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 8:30:25 AM
Hmmm ... the tolerance for atheists here is overwhelming.

Someone stood up with a different opinion.

And atheists couldn't just disagree ... so now we'll do it anonymously on the internet!

Fortunately, most people recognize overt cowards when they see them.
festizzeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:03:17 AM
This isn't the first time I've had to deal with an Atheist either, 3 months ago I was spreading the word of Christ in a shopping Centre called the Cascades, when a man threw a can at my head and tried to push me into a public fountain. Only an atheist would do this sort of thing.
festizzeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:04:42 AM
At 5/31/2014 8:30:25 AM, neutral wrote:

And atheists couldn't just disagree ... so now we'll do it anonymously on the internet!

Are you calling me a coward or the Atheist?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:23:20 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:04:42 AM, festizzeo wrote:

Are you calling me a coward or the Atheist?

Which do you think festi?

Are you being responded to with compassion and explanations that show compassion?
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:36:47 AM

Ugh...
Dude... Stop...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:45:55 AM

You do realize most of the top debaters here (including Danielle, RoyLatham, and Mikal) are atheists/agnostics, right?

neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:47:50 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:36:47 AM, Fanath wrote:

Ugh...

Generally speaking, its considered quite rude when someone is venting to further bait the guy. Its especially rude, and IMHO, cowardly, to do so anonymously on the internet.

It would be nice to see just one atheist actually say, "Sorry Bro, heckling is not a good thing."

THAT would apparently be a bridge to far.

Yet someone walks in a bunch of atheists anonymously stocking the flames? Calls them out on it? Suddenly you want compassion for the red faces, eh? Odd how that works.

As I have long stated, most atheists go ballistic when they are treated the way they treat others.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:48:33 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:03:17 AM, festizzeo wrote:
This isn't the first time I've had to deal with an Atheist either, 3 months ago I was spreading the word of Christ in a shopping Centre called the Cascades, when a man threw a can at my head and tried to push me into a public fountain. Only an atheist would do this sort of thing.

So if he tried to behead you, you would've concluded that he was a muslim?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:51:06 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:45:55 AM, TN05 wrote:

You do realize most of the top debaters here (including Danielle, RoyLatham, and Mikal) are atheists/agnostics, right?

I was unaware that 'top debater' status on this forum equated to being Lincoln Douglas.

I am further unaware how that makes the goading and simple mean spiritedness of the atheist conduct on this thread acceptable.

Nor indeed do I understand how someone else's conduct elsewhere is applicable to the behavior demonstrated here.

Again ... the atheists in this thread have no problems throwing punches, someone hits back? Now the feelings are hurt?

Well, where was that spirit of compassion before several atheists launched their punches?
Dwint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:52:53 AM

Why do you have the right to spread the word of Christ, but atheists don't have the right to teach uneducated people about evolution?
Hitchens is the way!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:53:53 AM

While I do think that the atheist was right about evolution and the big bang, the way he treated you was unacceptable and a disgrace to atheists in general.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:56:00 AM

Untrue. There are jerks like that throughout all religions/belief systems.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:58:49 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:45:55 AM, TN05 wrote:

Haha, I've always found that rather amusing. Go thett3! Go Ore_Ele!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:59:40 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:52:53 AM, Dwint wrote:

Why do you have the right to spread the word of Christ, but atheists don't have the right to teach uneducated people about evolution?

OK, well, then set up a forum on Evolution, and I will have a bunch of Creationists stand up in the middle of it and attempt to shout you down.

Respect is a two way street, and being a disrespectful douche just because the opinion being expressed is different than your own? Well, that's called rationalizing being a douche.

But let us know when you will publicly speak about your faith choice and its marvels.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:02:02 AM
At 5/31/2014 9:56:00 AM, Romanii wrote:

There are jerks in all religions. That type of behavior is becoming increasingly common in atheism however.

http://www.express.co.uk...

So, there is an old adage - two wrong don;t make a right, and pointing out that other people do it? Well, how about just saying the behavior is wrong no matter who does it?

That would include atheists who do it ... and not just the other people.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:12:44 AM
At 5/31/2014 10:02:02 AM, neutral wrote:

There are jerks in all religions. That type of behavior is becoming increasingly common in atheism however.

So, there is an old adage - two wrong don;t make a right, and pointing out that other people do it? Well, how about just saying the behavior is wrong no matter who does it?

I only said that in response to the other guy's comment that "only an atheist would do something like that". Not in an attempt to justify the atheist's actions.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:40:07 AM
At 5/31/2014 10:02:02 AM, neutral wrote:

Atheists arent even mentioned on that website article. Are you saying that it is impossible that the people who attacked the clergy, were, oh, from opposing religions?
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:43:16 AM
Why is anyone taking this obvious parody seriously? The credulity of people on both sides on this sort of thing is embarrassing.
festizzeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:07:29 PM
At 5/31/2014 10:43:16 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
Why is anyone taking this obvious parody seriously? The credulity of people on both sides on this sort of thing is embarrassing.

It's deadly serious! Just another example of these militant atheists running amok and terrorising good Christian folks like myself. Not only does the typical atheist spreads lies about God, he is also unkempt, intolerably smelly, and in most circumstances addicted to the marijuana. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them didn't have jobs and practised the ways of sodomy with other men! God can forgive them, I'm afraid I can't. Amen.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:53:35 PM
I was just accosted by a militant Atheist while I was giving my sermon on the town hall steps of our market place, and I'm glad to say I destroyed his feeble rantings simply by trusting my judgement unto the Lord Christ.
How do you define "accosted?" What "rantings" did you destroy? What did your "lord christ" do, to justify your trust?

His ridiculous claims about evolution are easily rebuked, we all know science doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to theological facts, and his assertions about the big bang are simply ludicrous.
What claims did he make? What are "theological facts?" What assertions about the BBT did he make?

I told him I wouldn't spend a single moment educating him on gods divine plan for creation, and did he have any more blasphemes to make unto God?
Isn't refusing to educate someone on "gawd's divine plan" a rather direct disobedience to the christian mandate? And it seems to me he made his "blasphemes" unto you, not unto gawd.

And this my friends, is typical of the current crop of Dawkins inspired militant atheists.
No, your assessment is completely off the mark, but you keep dawdling after brother neuter-all, and you'll find (likely) the same peace and joy that he is fond of spreading, here...

He told me to "F" myself with a crucifix, then fall into a storm drain and die.

I'm sorry but, if he told you to do that, it wasn't the atheism speaking, it was the lack of class, especially if there were children present.

And your time spent praying will be equally useless as time spent praying for food for the hungry (starving and dying).

My primary question, given all of this, is:

Why were you being allowed to preach from the steps of any town hall? Why would local government allow religion to infect such a place?
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:55:40 PM
Oh neutral....

1. This is a troll topic. This guy is obviously joking.

2. That isn't to deny the existence of "militant atheists". But, atheists aren't the ones who condemn others to eternal suffering for not believing in your 2000 year old book of magic.

3. Westborough Baptist Church. I hope this is sufficient.

4. There was no "sympathy" within this topic. Literally everyone who has posted, including the atheists, has condemned these sorts of actions. Supporting the truth of the "militant atheists" does not equal supporting their childish actions.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:59:21 PM

Except for you...

It happens, frequently.

Whereas you "just disagree?" LOL! No vitriol? No acrimonious, hypocritical accusations? Your diatribe is tired and patently false.

Yes, every time you post, we recognize it, "doctor."
neuter-all claims:

Ph.D. - ROFL
180 IQ - ROFL!
Airborne Ranger - ROFL
Upper 1% intellect - ROFL
Interested in intelligent discussion and cogent argument - ROFGLASK!!!
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:00:43 PM

You are, of course, wrong. Why are you bothering people in a public place with your religious stupidity? I'm not saying you merited being assaulted, but I would definitely have stopped and laughed at you, publicly.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:02:57 PM
At 5/31/2014 9:52:53 AM, Dwint wrote:

Seriously, the atheist has the right to free speech too. But not harass the guy with physical harm. Atheist are supposed to be nonviolent, mature, rational people. It's religion that is intrinsically violent. Oh wait.. nope mankind is by nature violent. That explains it better for all sides.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:03:37 PM
At 5/31/2014 9:51:46 AM, neutral wrote:
Of additional note, I have long predicted that the actions of atheists would breed a backlash ... ahem.

Are you not even remotely aware of the fact that atheist uprising IS the backlash. It's the backlash for untold centuries of the behavior of religious organizations when they held unchecked and uncontested authority.