Total Posts:146|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question for atheists.

PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:30:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

I asked a similar question to bluesteel once. He told me to watch this video from 36:30, and it actually has some viable answers in it. Basically, it's about how our brains play tricks on us.

https://www.youtube.com...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:34:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:30:53 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

I asked a similar question to bluesteel once. He told me to watch this video from 36:30, and it actually has some viable answers in it. Basically, it's about how our brains play tricks on us.

https://www.youtube.com...

Sir, unless i am living in an alternate mental reality and everything I do is mere construct of my mind, these are not tricks of the brain.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:37:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:34:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:30:53 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

I asked a similar question to bluesteel once. He told me to watch this video from 36:30, and it actually has some viable answers in it. Basically, it's about how our brains play tricks on us.

https://www.youtube.com...

Sir, unless i am living in an alternate mental reality and everything I do is mere construct of my mind, these are not tricks of the brain.

Lol that's what I said.
Unfortunately, to people who have never felt it for themselves before, they can't imagine how it could possibly feel "undeniably supernatural".
It's like trying to explain to color red to a blind guy -.-
Cygnus
Posts: 153
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:48:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:37:14 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:34:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:30:53 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

I asked a similar question to bluesteel once. He told me to watch this video from 36:30, and it actually has some viable answers in it. Basically, it's about how our brains play tricks on us.

https://www.youtube.com...

Sir, unless i am living in an alternate mental reality and everything I do is mere construct of my mind, these are not tricks of the brain.

Lol that's what I said.
Unfortunately, to people who have never felt it for themselves before, they can't imagine how it could possibly feel "undeniably supernatural".
It's like trying to explain to color red to a blind guy -.-

I like this a lot better than your first answer. :) There can be a certain quality to a personal experience which makes the one who has the experience want to share it with everyone they meet because it is so "real," yet to their consternation they will usually find that there are very few people who will accept their experience as being real. Experiences like these are even less imaginable than first-time sex.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:51:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

It's hard to deal with such an experience. I would definitely recommend that you do not share the details of it, at least not on an open forum. If you feel the need to share it then it's best to find someone you trust and share in through a private message, and email, or best of all in person. If you do share it in public it will only get ripped apart.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:52:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:48:27 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:37:14 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:34:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:30:53 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

I asked a similar question to bluesteel once. He told me to watch this video from 36:30, and it actually has some viable answers in it. Basically, it's about how our brains play tricks on us.

https://www.youtube.com...

Sir, unless i am living in an alternate mental reality and everything I do is mere construct of my mind, these are not tricks of the brain.

Lol that's what I said.
Unfortunately, to people who have never felt it for themselves before, they can't imagine how it could possibly feel "undeniably supernatural".
It's like trying to explain to color red to a blind guy -.-

I like this a lot better than your first answer. :)

Haha, I was just trying to give some sort of answer, even if I disagreed with it :P
I doubt that any of the other answers given on this thread will be much different, lol.

There can be a certain quality to a personal experience which makes the one who has the experience want to share it with everyone they meet because it is so "real," yet to their consternation they will usually find that there are very few people who will accept their experience as being real. Experiences like these are even less imaginable than first-time sex.

I generally end up sounding really dumb when I try talking to an atheist about spiritual experiences. It's impossible to put it properly into words...
I can't imagine first-time sex at all :P
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:54:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:51:02 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

It's hard to deal with such an experience. I would definitely recommend that you do not share the details of it, at least not on an open forum. If you feel the need to share it then it's best to find someone you trust and share in through a private message, and email, or best of all in person. If you do share it in public it will only get ripped apart.

They are not personal or spiritual encounters. They are interactions with the supernatural, considered normal and expected in the vast majority of the world. Only rejected by the West, and similar ideologies.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cygnus
Posts: 153
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:57:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:37:14 PM, Romanii wrote:

Lol that's what I said.
Unfortunately, to people who have never felt it for themselves before, they can't imagine how it could possibly feel "undeniably supernatural".
It's like trying to explain to color red to a blind guy -.-

Sir

Good sir

I believe the term you're looking for. Yes, that one. Understanding.

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 11:04:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:54:38 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:51:02 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

It's hard to deal with such an experience. I would definitely recommend that you do not share the details of it, at least not on an open forum. If you feel the need to share it then it's best to find someone you trust and share in through a private message, and email, or best of all in person. If you do share it in public it will only get ripped apart.

They are not personal or spiritual encounters. They are interactions with the supernatural, considered normal and expected in the vast majority of the world. Only rejected by the West, and similar ideologies.

It's surprising how often that happens. I saw a joke on Face Book the other day about how a bunch of Western scientists went through a long process of discovery which ended at the top of the tallest mountain in the world, where they found an Eastern philosopher already waiting, lol. I try not to judge anyone, because I know it's pretty impossible to imagine what you can't imagine, if you know what I mean. I've heard lots of stories I didn't believe which had nothing to do with religion, so I can empathize with others who have trouble believing what sounds fantastic to them. None of us choose what to believe. Still, if what you are talking about is merely statistical and not personal it might be interesting to hear the facts. :)
Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 11:07:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:57:12 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:37:14 PM, Romanii wrote:

Lol that's what I said.
Unfortunately, to people who have never felt it for themselves before, they can't imagine how it could possibly feel "undeniably supernatural".
It's like trying to explain to color red to a blind guy -.-

Sir

Good sir

I believe the term you're looking for. Yes, that one. Understanding.

http://www.debate.org...

Haha I see what you did there!
Oh wait no I don't. I can't understand what you did there because I don't understand...
But wait, I can't understand that I don't understand that!
Huh!? How did I understand that!? ^
I didn't understand that...
But how can I understand that I didn't understand!?
Did I understand?
How did I understand this enough to ask that question?
I don't understand ...
Wait, I can't say that without understanding that I don't understand...
But wait! I [censored by the DDO Elite for the purposes of keeping readers sane].

The DDO Elite understands...
Hey! How can I understand that the DDO Elite understands if I [censored by the DDO Elite].
Cygnus
Posts: 153
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 11:08:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.

Please understand that it's not my intention to be offensive.

When you say Quranic methods in your exorcism, I have to ask what were the methods? There are some Christians who will say that demons can only be outcast by the power of Christ. How is an Islamic exorcism different from a Christian one?
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 11:12:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 11:08:45 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.

Please understand that it's not my intention to be offensive.

When you say Quranic methods in your exorcism, I have to ask what were the methods? There are some Christians who will say that demons can only be outcast by the power of Christ. How is an Islamic exorcism different from a Christian one?

The idea is that the Quran is the word of God, and Demons cannot stand the word of God. I practice there are numerous methods of exorcism, all of them use the Quran, and all of them work. I have actually killed one by burning it with rosewater upon which the Quran had been read for three days. That is probably the most potent method I know.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 11:14:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 11:07:38 PM, Romanii wrote:

Haha I see what you did there!
Oh wait no I don't. I can't understand what you did there because I don't understand...
But wait, I can't understand that I don't understand that!
Huh!? How did I understand that!? ^
I didn't understand that...
But how can I understand that I didn't understand!?
Did I understand?
How did I understand this enough to ask that question?
I don't understand ...
Wait, I can't say that without understanding that I don't understand...
But wait! I [censored by the DDO Elite for the purposes of keeping readers sane].

The DDO Elite understands...
Hey! How can I understand that the DDO Elite understands if I [censored by the DDO Elite].

You superficially understand that you can't understand. But one day you'll get a deeper understanding of something and you'll think "Oh crap he was right" and you'll cry tears of joy.

DDO Elite understands nothing beyond itself. They are a bunch of fools. Why, if they were real, they'd smash my head into the keyboard right nowaiert90343[poF{902859454y8iKJHEFOUIEHR#*HKFJNDKJNFU)(U#%*%UHFOIFJOEISFJT()U##()%JNCOISDN

[Technical Difficulties. Please Stand By.]
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 1:00:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 11:12:29 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The idea is that the Quran is the word of God, and Demons cannot stand the word of God. I practice there are numerous methods of exorcism, all of them use the Quran, and all of them work. I have actually killed one by burning it with rosewater upon which the Quran had been read for three days. That is probably the most potent method I know.

Do the demons ever say anything that would make sense only in light of Islam and not in Catholicism? e.g. does Muhammad's name bother them like Jesus' name bothers them according Catholicism?

By the way, slightly on topic, put on some high-quality headphones and search YouTube for "infrasound" and click the first video. When I turned the volume up high, even though I could barely hear anything except a faint heart beat sound, I started breathing harder and harder as if I were running out of air and felt a vague "creepiness". It was so unexpected and powerful that I'm 100% sure it wasn't placebo even though I had already read the comments saying it caused shortness of breath.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 1:21:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.

Did anyone, by chance, record this encounter?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 1:47:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

The problem with demon and witches is if you believe they exist, you will find them.

By and large it's people already whipped up in a certain state, and they see what they want too see.

You know like ghost hunters, everyone else hears sounds, but they hear the voices of the long dead, everyone see's the shadow, but they see the ghost, etc etc.

Think about all the mentally ill people who get "treated" for their demon possession.

" They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done."

Well why not ? cause once you start applying scrutiny, and not just using people who already have a prior belief in the existence of demons which is interwind with their prior religious beliefs........well the demons never seem to show up.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 1:49:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.

Are you saying that you witness a boy fly without the aid of technology ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 4:43:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There's no way of saying this that doesn't sound insult, because of the stigma attached, but I'd say that sounds suspiciously like psychosis.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:20:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/1/2014 1:00:17 AM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 5/31/2014 11:12:29 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
The idea is that the Quran is the word of God, and Demons cannot stand the word of God. I practice there are numerous methods of exorcism, all of them use the Quran, and all of them work. I have actually killed one by burning it with rosewater upon which the Quran had been read for three days. That is probably the most potent method I know.

Do the demons ever say anything that would make sense only in light of Islam and not in Catholicism? e.g. does Muhammad's name bother them like Jesus' name bothers them according Catholicism?

Yes, but it is not my intent to get into that discussion here.

By the way, slightly on topic, put on some high-quality headphones and search YouTube for "infrasound" and click the first video. When I turned the volume up high, even though I could barely hear anything except a faint heart beat sound, I started breathing harder and harder as if I were running out of air and felt a vague "creepiness". It was so unexpected and powerful that I'm 100% sure it wasn't placebo even though I had already read the comments saying it caused shortness of breath.

i'll check it out.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:21:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/1/2014 1:21:50 AM, Burzmali wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.

Did anyone, by chance, record this encounter?

Not that particular one no, but it happens often enough that I might record the next one.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:22:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/1/2014 1:49:03 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:58:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:54:54 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:52:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:42:26 PM, Cygnus wrote:
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

What did you experience?

I have experience in exorcisms, I have used Quranic methods to combat witchcraft, I have encountered Demons.

How do you know you were dealing with demons? Did they take on a physical appearance or was this part of the exorcism that you dealt with?

Largely part of the exorcisms. Honestly, when a four year old is speaking like an adult with a deep voice in a language never spoken by the boys family, informs us that he is a Demon prince who has taken possession of the boys body, tries to fight the exorcism with such strength that it takes four men to hold him down, and commences to fly, it is difficult to deny that you are dealing with the supernatural.

Are you saying that you witness a boy fly without the aid of technology ?

That is exactly what I am saying.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:27:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Can I get this straight?
You have a degree in science? (from who)
You have a degree in Qu'ranic theology?
You work as a scientist?
You are 20yrs old?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Cygnus
Posts: 153
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 10:58:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Both Christians and Muslims claim to have absolute authority over demons, but both can't be true. It's either one or the other. Fundamentalist Christians will say that hat Muslims are demonically possessed and that Islam is a lie straight from the pits of hell.

So, which one is correct? And more importantly, what purpose would a demon have in possessing a young boy?
steffon66
Posts: 240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 11:21:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

how do i respond to supernatural experiences? like a rational person. i dont claim to know god exists just because something i cant explain happened. i cant explain it so i have no idea what it means. i have never had an experience like this so i dont realy know how i would respond but whether or not theres a god religion is still wrong or at least more than 99.9 percent of them have to be wrong as there are more than a thousand religions where only one can be true
Fanath
Posts: 830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 11:34:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 10:18:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I am a scientist. I deal in logic, evidence, and data for as a career, not a hobby on the side like many of the people here do. I do not believe in young earth creationism, I believe in evolution, big bang, etc.

I also believe in the supernatural. Not because I was raised on it, but because I have experienced it firsthand. I have dealt with demons, exorcism, etc. in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I do not expect you to believe me, I realize that anecdotes like mine do not constitute scientific evidence. They would only if proven experimentally, which cannot be done.

My question is this. How do you respond to experiences like mine? Keep in mind that these are multiple incidents occurring over periods of time in both controlled, deliberate environments and uncontrolled spontaneous environments.

We can't really verify whether those experiences actually happened; Whether they were made up or mistaken for a dream. Furthermore, tons of people have these experiences, but they all see different Gods. Because the gods they see are different, they can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. The conclusion I make is that this is just something that happens to people; and it doesn't mean they're crazy. It's somewhat normal.
Dude... Stop...