Jump to topic:

Hiya Thiests! Science, nao please?

Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 8:16:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Firstly, I am not a militant athiest. I'm just asking out of curiosity. Yesterday, I was talking to [censored by the DDo Elite] and we had a long discussion about the existence of God. That person stated that science proves the existence of God. However, that person never gave any direct evidence for His existence.

What do I mean by scientific evidence?

For example, if I were to disprove creation, I would use the Tree Argument, i.e Old Tjikko has the age of 7,000 years, older than the earth, and there are up to billions of layers of snow ice, in which each one represents a year.

This, although debatable, is scientific evidence.

This is what I do not want:

There must be a God because if there wasn't, then who created the universe? That is philosophy.

Can ya thiests provide me with one piece of scientific evidence for His existence? I'll investigate into it. Simply, I can't find any, by myself, on the internet that proves it. All "scientific evidence" provided to me by thiests are used to disprove evolution. I want proof of God.

So, thiests, scientific proof of God?
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:44:12 AM
At 6/3/2014 8:16:20 PM, Kc1999 wrote:
Firstly, I am not a militant athiest. I'm just asking out of curiosity. Yesterday, I was talking to [censored by the DDo Elite] and we had a long discussion about the existence of God. That person stated that science proves the existence of God. However, that person never gave any direct evidence for His existence.

For example, if I were to disprove creation, I would use the Tree Argument, i.e Old Tjikko has the age of 7,000 years, older than the earth, and there are up to billions of layers of snow ice, in which each one represents a year.

There must be a God because if there wasn't, then who created the universe? That is philosophy.

Can ya thiests provide me with one piece of scientific evidence for His existence? I'll investigate into it. Simply, I can't find any, by myself, on the internet that proves it. All "scientific evidence" provided to me by thiests are used to disprove evolution. I want proof of God.

I have a hunk of His beard locked away you could borrow, you prefer fingerprints lol?

Your number 1 problem is that God is not compatible with science, this just means that science is limited because it's base is physical, and God is not a physical Entity. The Bible gives us the information we need to know about God and the nature of Him.

John 4
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 Corinthians 1
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Science in unequipped to answer questions about God let alone trying to find a piece of physical evidence.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:54:49 AM
At 6/4/2014 7:44:12 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

I have a hunk of His beard locked away you could borrow, you prefer fingerprints lol?

Your number 1 problem is that God is not compatible with science, this just means that science is limited because it's base is physical, and God is not a physical Entity. The Bible gives us the information we need to know about God and the nature of Him.

John 4
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 Corinthians 1
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Science in unequipped to answer questions about God let alone trying to find a piece of physical evidence.

Science is unequipped in providing answers about God? What is this? Philosophy and theology would be shadowed in the face of scientific proof. I do not want an alternative answer. I want physical scientific proof. And it can be the simplest.

What I'm getting from you is that God is a symbolic figure that doesn't exist ( is physical, and God is not a physical Entity). So in the same way as ghosts, God is a supernatural ghost-like figure?

Asking a Thiest to give direct physical proof of God is like asking someone to achieve communism. The further you inquire, the further the answer gets from you.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 8:23:30 AM
At 6/4/2014 7:54:49 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

John 4

John 3

1 Corinthians 1

Science is unequipped in providing answers about God? What is this? Philosophy and theology would be shadowed in the face of scientific proof. I do not want an alternative answer. I want physical scientific proof. And it can be the simplest.

What I'm getting from you is that God is a symbolic figure that doesn't exist ( is physical, and God is not a physical Entity). So in the same way as ghosts, God is a supernatural ghost-like figure?

Asking a Thiest to give direct physical proof of God is like asking someone to achieve communism. The further you inquire, the further the answer gets from you.

Don't get frustrated, it's just the way it is, sorry I don't have any fingerprints. Science is the study of our physical universe, and I've already answered how science is unequipped AND provided the verses necessary.

No, God is not a symbolic figure, He's an actual Entity but He is spirit, just like all beings in the eternal. Do you know what a spirit is? It's not really a ghost but it's similar in that there are no physical properties to examine.

So rather than keep asking for physical proof, study the verses I left and see if you could come up with a way to use a scientific method of finding evidence for God, just give me an example.....

Btw I'm not saying there is no proof for the existence of God, I'm saying that the argument from science about the existence of God is an argument from ignorance. That's why believers don't rely on science to confirm or answer questions about God, science is for physical information and the scriptures are for spiritual information, no need to reject the one for the other.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 8:27:12 AM
At 6/4/2014 8:23:30 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

John 4

John 3

1 Corinthians 1

Don't get frustrated, it's just the way it is, sorry I don't have any fingerprints. Science is the study of our physical universe, and I've already answered how science is unequipped AND provided the verses necessary.

No, God is not a symbolic figure, He's an actual Entity but He is spirit, just like all beings in the eternal. Do you know what a spirit is? It's not really a ghost but it's similar in that there are no physical properties to examine.

So rather than keep asking for physical proof, study the verses I left and see if you could come up with a way to use a scientific method of finding evidence for God, just give me an example.....

Btw I'm not saying there is no proof for the existence of God, I'm saying that the argument from science about the existence of God is an argument from ignorance. That's why believers don't rely on science to confirm or answer questions about God, science is for physical information and the scriptures are for spiritual information, no need to reject the one for the other.

I see no points in studying a verse of the Bible. I'm literally introduced with a circular argument IMO.

"Why does God exist?"
"Look at this verse from the Bible"

All I really asked for was direct physical proof. BTW you don't use philosophy to prove how the human mind really works. You use psychology. You don't use theology to prove the existence of dinosaurs. You use archaeology.

Physical proof please? Pwetty pwease? If you have none to give, then I regard the Christian God as a symbolic figure who doesn't exist.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 8:32:49 AM
At 6/4/2014 8:27:12 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

John 4

John 3

1 Corinthians 1

I see no points in studying a verse of the Bible. I'm literally introduced with a circular argument IMO.

"Why does God exist?"

All I really asked for was direct physical proof. BTW you don't use philosophy to prove how the human mind really works. You use psychology. You don't use theology to prove the existence of dinosaurs. You use archaeology.

Physical proof please? Pwetty pwease? If you have none to give, then I regard the Christian God as a symbolic figure who doesn't exist.

Then I guess you're just going to except an argument from ignorance, rather than learning the truth about the nature of God, that is very unfortunate. This is what happens when people get brainwashed by a materialist mindset, they're stuck with no hope for learning new things :(
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 8:34:16 AM
At 6/4/2014 8:32:49 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

John 4

John 3

1 Corinthians 1

"Why does God exist?"

Then I guess you're just going to except an argument from ignorance, rather than learning the truth about the nature of God, that is very unfortunate. This is what happens when people get brainwashed by a materialist mindset, they're stuck with no hope for learning new things :(

Thanks for trying to enlighten me. I'm just another brain-washed athiest.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:14:08 AM
At 6/4/2014 8:34:16 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 6/4/2014 8:32:49 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

John 4

John 3

1 Corinthians 1

"Why does God exist?"

Thanks for trying to enlighten me. I'm just another brain-washed athiest.

You're welcome :)
I didn't mean that rudely in my comment above, I just think it's unfortunate that people rely on science to prove things about God when there isn't a single scientific piece of useful information regarding the nature and existence of God and the reasons are simple. Science will never have access to spiritual things, it's just not possible so you are cutting yourself short.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:33:32 AM

Any atheist who asks questions is a militant atheist according to christians.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:34:13 AM
Science is a process by which we can investigate physical relationships, and thereby enhance and/or correct our conceptualization of physical reality. Which means it's basically useless for investigating our conceptualizations of reality beyond the physical, as with concepts like love, justice, beauty, and God.

So that to demand scientific evidence for the existence of God is like demanding that an idea of an orange produce orange juice when it's squeezed, so as to verify itself. And then proclaiming the the idea of an orange wasn't "real" because it couldn't produce any orange juice.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:42:31 AM
At 6/4/2014 9:33:32 AM, bulproof wrote:

Any atheist who asks questions is a militant atheist according to christians.

Nah I don't even use that term. Atheists should ask questions, however they should be open to the answers..... this is where it becomes pointless and the militant kicks in.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 1:15:20 PM

If you want scientific proof for the existence of God then you must join a Hare Krisna temple and follow the prescribed regulations and principles and see for yourself afterwards which by then you will yourself be the evidence because by following the prescribed regulations you will be able to see for yourself weather God exists or not.

The challenge is there but if you do not go through this procedure you will have no proof.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:11:01 PM
For example, if I were to disprove creation, I would use the Tree Argument, i.e Old Tjikko has the age of 7,000 years, older than the earth,

I think Old Tjikko is only just interpreted so that it looks so old. In my opinion it is possible that it is younger than it is claimed.

and there are up to billions of layers of snow ice, in which each one represents a year.

I don"t see any proof that those layers represents just one year.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:59:55 PM
At 6/4/2014 2:11:01 PM, 12_13 wrote:
For example, if I were to disprove creation, I would use the Tree Argument, i.e Old Tjikko has the age of 7,000 years, older than the earth,

I think Old Tjikko is only just interpreted so that it looks so old. In my opinion it is possible that it is younger than it is claimed.

and there are up to billions of layers of snow ice, in which each one represents a year.

I don"t see any proof that those layers represents just one year.

We're not here to talk about that.