12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 2:26:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/6/2014 9:20:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
Is suicide part of god's plan?

God has commanded that people should not murder. I think it includes self murder also. I think people have no right to murder anyone, not even themselves. Therefore I think suicide is not part of God"s plan or his will.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 2:31:31 PM

Why would it be?.......oh wait, you must be a Calvinist...
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 2:32:17 PM
At 6/6/2014 10:42:59 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Only one way to find out.

lol
Shadow-Dragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 3:01:15 PM

Not funny
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 3:19:14 PM
At 6/6/2014 3:01:15 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:

Not funny

It's a little funny.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 4:20:36 PM
At 6/6/2014 3:01:15 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:

Not funny

It wasn't meant to be.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 5:44:31 AM
At 6/6/2014 2:26:39 PM, 12_13 wrote:

God has commanded that people should not murder. I think it includes self murder also. I think people have no right to murder anyone, not even themselves. Therefore I think suicide is not part of God"s plan or his will.

I think "self murder" is a contradictions in terms like stealing from one's self.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 5:58:07 AM

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

What kind of God approves of murder, rape, and slavery?
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 6:00:01 AM

Apparently suicide bombers believe that to be God's plan. Religion is a problem.

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 6:37:06 AM
At 6/7/2014 5:58:07 AM, debateuser wrote:

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

The good and almighty God!
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:14:17 AM

Bible allows death penalty. I think it is not necessary wrong.

I don"t think it allows rape, at least it doesn"t tell so.

It allows slavery, which can be understood same way as modern worker who is really slave if he must pay taxes. However it tells that people should treat others well ad love neighbor as self. And I understand Jeremiah 34:8-17 so that people should not take slaves.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:14:27 AM
At 6/7/2014 5:44:31 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I think "self murder" is a contradictions in terms like stealing from one's self.

I don"t think so. Stealing from one"s self is not possible, because one has already what he is "stealing". However no person has right to end his life, same way as person has no right to end other person"s life. Because person has no right to end his life, it is wrong to commit suicide.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:29:11 AM
At 6/8/2014 9:14:27 AM, 12_13 wrote:

I don"t think so. Stealing from one"s self is not possible, because one has already what he is "stealing". However no person has right to end his life, same way as person has no right to end other person"s life. Because person has no right to end his life, it is wrong to commit suicide.

I can't steal from myself, since stealing is all about taking from some one else. I can't murder myself cause murder is all about killing others.

As far as not having a right, I don't think it matters, just because you lack a right to do something doesn't mean doing it necessarily means you have committed a morally wrong action.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:29:42 AM

Very circular.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:39:15 AM
At 6/8/2014 9:14:17 AM, 12_13 wrote:

I am not talking about death penalty.

The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon. (Judges 20:48 NAB)

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure. They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground. There was no one to rescue the residents of the town, for they lived a great distance from Sidon and had no allies nearby. This happened in the valley near Beth-rehob.Then the people of the tribe of Dan rebuilt the town and lived there. They renamed the town Dan after their ancestor, Israel's son, but it had originally been called Laish. (Judges 18:27-29 NLT) (Note that God approves of this slaughter in verse 6.)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion." (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

Once again God approves of forcible rape.

It allows slavery, which can be understood same way as modern worker who is really slave if he must pay taxes. However it tells that people should treat others well ad love neighbor as self. And I understand Jeremiah 34:8-17 so that people should not take slaves.

Taxes are spent on the people. A worker is free to leave an employer . On the other hand a master owns a slave.
Since when did slave owners become kind. What type of thinking is that.

12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:11:31 AM
At 6/8/2014 9:39:15 AM, debateuser wrote:

I am not talking about death penalty.

The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon. (Judges 20:48 NAB)

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure. They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground. There was no one to rescue the residents of the town, for they lived a great distance from Sidon and had no allies nearby. This happened in the valley near Beth-rehob.Then the people of the tribe of Dan rebuilt the town and lived there. They renamed the town Dan after their ancestor, Israel's son, but it had originally been called Laish. (Judges 18:27-29 NLT) (Note that God approves of this slaughter in verse 6.)

I think it was death penalty. And I think God allowed it because of the wrong acts (idolatry for example).

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

I think it does not speak about God"s commandment.

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion." (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

Once again God approves of forcible rape.

I think that is your own baseless interpretation, and tells more about your moral than about the moral in the Bible.

Taxes are spent on the people. A worker is free to leave an employer . On the other hand a master owns a slave.
Since when did slave owners become kind. What type of thinking is that.

Employer is also slave to the one who collects taxes. Yes people are free to leave the country, but it is not very realistic and in most countries there is similar or even worse tax system. Therefore in practice most people are slaves for the country that they live in. They have no real freedom and they can even be treated worse than some ancient slave who also had opportunities to get freedom.

All Jews are expected to be kind.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone.
Matt. 23:23
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:14:59 AM
At 6/8/2014 9:29:11 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I can't steal from myself, since stealing is all about taking from some one else. I can't murder myself cause murder is all about killing others.

Murder is unjust kill. Person can kill himself without justice. And I think no one has justice to kill himself. If you disagree, could you tell me from where that justice comes?

Life is not from any man or women, therefore they have no right to decide how long it lasts, unless the right is given to them from the one who has given the life.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:32:52 AM
At 6/8/2014 10:14:59 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/8/2014 9:29:11 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Murder is unjust kill. Person can kill himself without justice. And I think no one has justice to kill himself. If you disagree, could you tell me from where that justice comes?

That's not how it usually works. Freedom is the default position until proven other wise that some act should not be allowed.

Life is not from any man or women, therefore they have no right to decide how long it lasts, unless the right is given to them from the one who has given the life.

You can assert that God demands that no one kill them self.

I can just as easily assert that God grants out of mercy people to kill themselves.

One baseless assertion is just as good as another.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 1:24:40 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:32:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

That's not how it usually works. Freedom is the default position until proven other wise that some act should not be allowed.

Maybe that is not how it works in your world, but in Bible world it is so, because God has commanded that people should not murder. There is no "don"t murder anyone but yourself" in that.
NathanDuclos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 10:17:48 PM

Yes. Absolutely. Its called Martyrdom.

First, I don't believe there is proof of god, however I'm fully aware of biblical teaching.

The Jesus fully walked into his own death. Suicide.
Martyrdom for the saints, is one of the best ways to get a sainthood.
Suicide bombers, die for the cause, against great odds is a great way to prove your faith.
I forget if it was the Maccabees, who killed each other then 7 men killed themselves to deny the roman killing anyone from there city.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 10:31:56 PM

Suicide is an action taken through free choice.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 10:37:25 PM

Don't expect most atheists to take a reasonable stance on the Bible. It's kind of ironic, but they accuse Christians of cherry-picking the Bible even while they do it themselves.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 11:25:05 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:14:59 AM, 12_13 wrote:
Life is not from any man or women

Read some biology. In humans that's the only way. Get mummy to teach you about the birds and the bees.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 1:38:24 AM
At 6/8/2014 9:29:42 AM, bulproof wrote:

Very circular.

Stealing from one's self is the stupid circular event your Atheist buddy brought up.

I steal, take possession of something, I have possession of. Of course that is circular, it ends where it begins.

Killing, depriving of life. I kill myself, I deprive myself of life.. Oh guess what it ends there. A dead person can not kill. Non circular.

I love Atheist semantic stupid sh!t. Let me explain away a non-circular event with an illogical circular one.

Genius level stupidity. See what I did there, should make perfect sense to you fools.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 2:33:50 AM
At 6/17/2014 1:38:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 6/8/2014 9:29:42 AM, bulproof wrote:

Very circular.

Stealing from one's self is the stupid circular event your Atheist buddy brought up.

I steal, take possession of something, I have possession of. Of course that is circular, it ends where it begins.

Killing, depriving of life. I kill myself, I deprive myself of life.. Oh guess what it ends there. A dead person can not kill. Non circular.

I love Atheist semantic stupid sh!t. Let me explain away a non-circular event with an illogical circular one.

Genius level stupidity. See what I did there, should make perfect sense to you fools.

BTW have you answered the question?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:36:34 AM
At 6/16/2014 10:31:56 PM, Idealist wrote:

Suicide is an action taken through free choice.

Is free choice a part of gods plan?