Science/Spirit

matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 4:32:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Science-
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method.
A system or method reconciling practical ends with scientific laws.

Spirit-
the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul. A supernatural being or essence: the force within a person that is believed to give the body life, energy, and power. An animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Spiritual World-
a belief that there is a realm controlled by a divine spirit.

Eternity-
time without an end, a state that comes after death and never ends. Time that seems to be without an end.

John 4
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Question:
Based upon the definition and the understanding of God in the Bible, should we rely on science to confirm answers to questions that are spiritual in nature?
Is there anything that science could offer about the nature of God or His existence with the definitions provided?
Do you think the Bible is accurate or could be concerning spiritual matters?
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 11:04:38 PM
At 6/6/2014 4:32:31 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Science-
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method.

Spirit-
the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul. A supernatural being or essence: the force within a person that is believed to give the body life, energy, and power. An animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms.

Spiritual World-

Eternity-
time without an end, a state that comes after death and never ends. Time that seems to be without an end.

John 4
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Question:
Based upon the definition and the understanding of God in the Bible, should we rely on science to confirm answers to questions that are spiritual in nature?
Is there anything that science could offer about the nature of God or His existence with the definitions provided?

Science and spirituality IMO are two very different spectrums. If you are "spiritual in nature" than regardless what science has to offer or tries to explain your, "spirit" will quickly rebuttal those explanations with your understanding of God. (Of course not everyone is like this)

So far I don"t believe that science has even scratched the surface about the existence or nature of God, nor do I believe that they actually want to. Science will always be science and religion will always be at odds with science. Science relies on testable explanations and predictions, and religion will always rely on faith.

IMO, I believe that the Bible is only as accurate as the person reading it. I may define spirit and truth (whatever truth actually is) different from you. In John 4:24 it states that God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth, but what happens when people such as the Westborough Baptist Church misconstrues truths as a justification for their actions. Interpretation is the key.
Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
Albert Einstein
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:35:38 PM
At 6/6/2014 11:04:38 PM, SevenDust wrote:
Science-

Spirit-

Spiritual World-

Eternity-

John 4

John 3

Question:

Science and spirituality IMO are two very different spectrums. If you are "spiritual in nature" than regardless what science has to offer or tries to explain your, "spirit" will quickly rebuttal those explanations with your understanding of God. (Of course not everyone is like this)

Great! my point exactly. I'm glad you get that. Are you Atheist?

So far I don"t believe that science has even scratched the surface about the existence or nature of God, nor do I believe that they actually want to. Science will always be science and religion will always be at odds with science. Science relies on testable explanations and predictions, and religion will always rely on faith.

Correct they haven't nor could they. However in you last sentence here I disagree with. This is something that is repeated over and over. Faith is just one aspect of Christianity, it really has nothing to do with believing in God itself. My view of faith is a little different than what I see around here. If you get bored I have a forum post under "Faith..again" and you can see what I think.

IMO, I believe that the Bible is only as accurate as the person reading it. I may define spirit and truth (whatever truth actually is) different from you. In John 4:24 it states that God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth, but what happens when people such as the Westborough Baptist Church misconstrues truths as a justification for their actions. Interpretation is the key.

That's something I have zero control of. I don't pay mind to religious systems, but it sure seems they are causing a lot of problems lol. There is absolutely nothing I can do about what other people do.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 8:31:28 PM
So far I don"t believe that science has even scratched the surface about the existence or nature of leprechauns.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 8:34:48 PM
At 6/7/2014 8:31:28 PM, bulproof wrote:
So far I don"t believe that science has even scratched the surface about the existence or nature of leprechauns.

No Bulproof, it's not the same thing even though you've been programmed to think it is. You been watchin too much AtheistExperience? If you want to discuss leprechauns, this is the wrong forum.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 9:02:32 PM
At 6/7/2014 8:34:48 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

No Bulproof, it's not the same thing even though you've been programmed to think it is. You been watchin too much AtheistExperience? If you want to discuss leprechauns, this is the wrong forum.
What is that?
Leprechauns have as much right to their place in a spiritual world as your god does.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 9:08:29 PM
At 6/7/2014 9:02:32 PM, bulproof wrote:

What is that?
Leprechauns have as much right to their place in a spiritual world as your god does.

Are you ever going to be real with me? or are you just gonna keep me at bay because I'm a Christian?? You would never stereotype me would you? I don't with you...
I've given you more than enough respect now for you to consider trashing my threads with crap.
If you want to support "leprechauns" and leprechaunism, then support them, don't be wish washy about it. Go create a forum dedicated to your passion and share the good news, not here brother.
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 12:54:12 AM
At 6/7/2014 7:35:38 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Science-

Spirit-

Spiritual World-

Eternity-

John 4

John 3

Question:

To answer your first question; no I am not an Atheist. I believe that there is something higher than me. Is it the God portrayed in the Bible? That I cannot answer. I feel that the Bible is rich with knowledge and truth, but at the same time I believe that some of the tenets in the Buddhist teaching are just as knowledgeable.

Correct they haven't nor could they. However in you last sentence here I disagree with. This is something that is repeated over and over. Faith is just one aspect of Christianity, it really has nothing to do with believing in God itself. My view of faith is a little different than what I see around here. If you get bored I have a forum post under "Faith..again" and you can see what I think.

IMO I believe faith is a knowing without knowing why you know, but you just know. (If that makes sense.)

That's something I have zero control of. I don't pay mind to religious systems, but it sure seems they are causing a lot of problems lol. There is absolutely nothing I can do about what other people do.

As Far as Westborough Baptist Church, your right, you nor I have any control over what they do. But I was just pointing out that their interpretation is far different than what ours is
Albert Einstein
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 1:40:11 AM
At 6/7/2014 9:08:29 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

What is that?

Are you ever going to be real with me? or are you just gonna keep me at bay because I'm a Christian?? You would never stereotype me would you? I don't with you...
I've given you more than enough respect now for you to consider trashing my threads with crap.
If you want to support "leprechauns" and leprechaunism, then support them, don't be wish washy about it. Go create a forum dedicated to your passion and share the good news, not here brother.
I'm being very real. What gives you the right to claim your god lives in a spiritual realm but deny leprechauns the exact same claim?
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 11:40:35 AM
At 6/8/2014 1:40:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/7/2014 9:08:29 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

What is that?

I'm being very real. What gives you the right to claim your god lives in a spiritual realm but deny leprechauns the exact same claim?
I don't, nor did I, yet. You haven't constructed a forum post.

But here, this will get ya started because it sounds like your knowledge is limited.
Leprechaun
A leprechaun (Irish: leipreach"n) is a type of fairy in Irish folklore, usually taking the form of an old man, clad in a red or green coat, who enjoys partaking in mischief. Like other fairy creatures, leprechauns have been linked to the Tuatha D" Danann of Irish mythology.[1] The Leprechauns spend all their time busily making shoes, and store away all their coins in a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If ever captured by a human, the Leprechaun has the magical power to grant three wishes in exchange for their release. Popular depiction shows the Leprechaun as being no taller than a small child,[2] with a beard and hat, although they may originally have been perceived as the tallest of the mound-dwellers (the Tuatha D" Danann)
Leprechauns are known to live in the forests of Ireland, usually in hollowed-out trees, small caves, or under large bushes
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 5:59:30 PM
Science-

Spirit-

Spiritual World-

Eternity-

John 4

John 3

Question:

Matt, I believe in your analogy about faith. I believe that faith is centered in our actions, and also our works. James 2:22 says Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect. James 2:24 goes further with Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith alone. In your original "Faith" post you stated that "To me, faith has become an element used to smear Christianity and pervert it's meaning, whether directly or indirectly the whole concept of the word has become a joke." Are you speaking of blind faith, or something entirely different?

Albert Einstein
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 6:53:18 AM
At 6/9/2014 5:59:30 PM, SevenDust wrote:
Science-

Spirit-

Spiritual World-

Eternity-

John 4

John 3

Question:

Matt, I believe in your analogy about faith. I believe that faith is centered in our actions, and also our works. James 2:22 says Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect. James 2:24 goes further with Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith alone. In your original "Faith" post you stated that "To me, faith has become an element used to smear Christianity and pervert it's meaning, whether directly or indirectly the whole concept of the word has become a joke." Are you speaking of blind faith, or something entirely different?

I was addressing the one that indicates believers use faith as a means to justify beliefs or the existence of God for example "oh I just have faith that God exists", or even to use faith to abandon truth or fact. While some religious people do that, faith in the Bible is not a substitute for reasoning and explanations, the scriptures don't teach us to apply faith in such a way this is a false depiction and I see this type of thinking all over the internet.
Another misrepresentation is that faith is ALL we have, not it's not..... It's only one aspect of Christianity and not limited to, one that is utilized from person to person and the substance of ones faith varies from individual to individual.
So in that forum topic I wanted to clarify what faith is in the Bible using scripture and examples.

Yep I agree with you, "faith is centered in our actions", faith IS an action. Thanks for taking the time to look at that :)

SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 10:55:26 AM
At 6/10/2014 6:53:18 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Science-

Spirit-

Spiritual World-

Eternity-

John 4

John 3

Question:

I was addressing the one that indicates believers use faith as a means to justify beliefs or the existence of God for example "oh I just have faith that God exists", or even to use faith to abandon truth or fact. While some religious people do that, faith in the Bible is not a substitute for reasoning and explanations, the scriptures don't teach us to apply faith in such a way this is a false depiction and I see this type of thinking all over the internet.
Another misrepresentation is that faith is ALL we have, not it's not..... It's only one aspect of Christianity and not limited to, one that is utilized from person to person and the substance of ones faith varies from individual to individual.
So in that forum topic I wanted to clarify what faith is in the Bible using scripture and examples.

Yep I agree with you, "faith is centered in our actions", faith IS an action. Thanks for taking the time to look at that :)

Matt. I understand what you are saying. I have encountered people who believed that "God will take care of me", with no action what so ever from the person who said it. Even though I have different beliefs from most people, I understand that whoever God is, I have to meet this spirit half way, and I just cannot say that "God will take care of me." The only way the spirit of God will take care of me is when my actions and works coincide with the will of the creator.

Even If I didn"t believe in God, a higher power, or whatever you would like to call it. By reading you post, I would see how by having faith in "something," you could apply it to every aspect of your life, and by your actions, one could achieve peace and tranquility.

Albert Einstein
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 3:02:50 AM
At 6/10/2014 10:55:26 AM, SevenDust wrote:
At 6/10/2014 6:53:18 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Science-

Spirit-

Spiritual World-

Eternity-

John 4

John 3

Question:

Matt. I understand what you are saying. I have encountered people who believed that "God will take care of me", with no action what so ever from the person who said it. Even though I have different beliefs from most people, I understand that whoever God is, I have to meet this spirit half way, and I just cannot say that "God will take care of me." The only way the spirit of God will take care of me is when my actions and works coincide with the will of the creator.

Even If I didn"t believe in God, a higher power, or whatever you would like to call it. By reading you post, I would see how by having faith in "something," you could apply it to every aspect of your life, and by your actions, one could achieve peace and tranquility.

To take it one step further, going along with the illustrations, faith was applied to believe God for that which might seem impossible to the individual, to achieve something greater than the self can produce so this is where the ability of God comes into play. I might even actually go as far to say using the illustrations that faith was applied to obey and trust God for a result. In other words they allowed God to lead them, by faith.

However for the individual, impossibilities vary and everyone's mind has different limits and fears. Where our abilities stop, God's begin. For some, it's just enough to believe God for small things and personal things for example.... say someone is a compulsive liar but they desire to be Christian and they want to obey the word of God about being a liar, knowing their own limit and where their desires end faith is applied to achieve the outcome, the same goes for achieving any goals presented in scripture within. If it is something that seems impossible in the mind of the person faith is applied to over ride that limit.

Every person has limits and weaknesses and they are unique to that person, and therefore faith is applied at different levels hence the mustard seed parable. Faith begins inside and then manifests itself outward to reveal the fruit or the impact on ones environment or their inner self whatever the desire is.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 10:22:32 AM
Galations 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15

40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;

43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 10:38:35 AM
At 6/14/2014 10:22:32 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Galations 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

1 Corinthians 15

40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;

43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Do you understand that the Bible is the CLAIM?

It is not the EVIDENCE!
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 11:09:27 AM
At 6/14/2014 10:38:35 AM, bulproof wrote:
Galations 5

1 Corinthians 15

It is not the EVIDENCE!

Go pick your nose Bulproof.... I'm a Christian not an Atheist...oh yeah wait, you assume I just believe because my mommy told me that's right.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 11:12:47 AM
At 6/14/2014 11:09:27 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Galations 5

1 Corinthians 15

It is not the EVIDENCE!

Go pick your nose Bulproof.... I'm a Christian not an Atheist...oh yeah wait, you assume I just believe because my mommy told me that's right.

Provide some evidence that supports the bible's claims. There's a good chap.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 11:43:07 AM
At 6/14/2014 11:12:47 AM, bulproof wrote:
Galations 5

1 Corinthians 15

It is not the EVIDENCE!

Yep, now run along now baby Bulproof, where's your bahbah lol.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 2:37:33 AM
At 6/14/2014 11:43:07 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Galations 5

1 Corinthians 15

It is not the EVIDENCE!

You're an angry little dweeb, aren't you.

Don't like it when your most dearly held beliefs are questioned and you can't answer?
Ya see the problem is that all that palaver that your preacher tells you and all that apologetics only ever convince the already convinced.
The rest of us see it for the crud that it is, we destroy it and that makes you angry.

The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 6:55:10 AM
At 6/15/2014 2:37:33 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/14/2014 11:43:07 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Galations 5

1 Corinthians 15

It is not the EVIDENCE!

You're an angry little dweeb, aren't you.

Don't like it when your most dearly held beliefs are questioned and you can't answer?
Ya see the problem is that all that palaver that your preacher tells you and all that apologetics only ever convince the already convinced.
The rest of us see it for the crud that it is, we destroy it and that makes you angry.

The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

Nope not angry, you never change so it's always the same things, say whatever you wish :) and I don't listen to pastors, but I do think for myself and believe what I believe, but thanks baby Bulproof.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 7:07:23 AM
The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 7:24:01 AM
At 6/15/2014 7:07:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

Yeah I read that already more than once, if I were an Atheist I might believe the same thing perhaps, but that's never gonna happen.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 7:40:53 AM
At 6/15/2014 7:24:01 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

Yeah I read that already more than once, if I were an Atheist I might believe the same thing perhaps, but that's never gonna happen.

Ahh well.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 7:50:33 AM
At 6/15/2014 7:40:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

Ahh well.

Lol, you don't want to be a Christian??? c mon man!! we can all be in one spirit and one unity! we could actually agree on something for a change haha!
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:41:26 AM
What is the "spirit" and what does that mean? Simply put, God created our physical world inside eternity which is the "spirit" or spiritual world and the beings that inhabit eternity are spirits, spirits are not bound by the laws of the material world but by the laws of the spiritual, likewise our physical bodies are bound by physical laws and not the spirit.

The physical perishes and decays while the spirit will always be immovable, while our flesh will die our inner being remains.

There are many things about our physical world that run parallel to the spiritual world, only we are on a clock and in eternity nothing "decays". Our material body is like our spiritual body only it passes on, but our senses are very much the same however the "spirit" is much sharper, more vibrant and alert whereas the physical is imperfect.
Just as we can see, touch, smell and discern in our natural state, likewise in the supernatural all the senses are in tune but in it's perfect state.

Just like our current state of being has it's senses, our spiritual being is capable of discerning spiritual things through it's senses. These are developed through the "nourishing" of ones spiritual body and are perfected as the spirit grows. Growing, learning and experiencing are synonyms of the spirit, it is the same.

God relates and reveals Himself through this spiritual corridor and means of communication through spiritual aspects, not physical, even if God were to manifest an act into the material world there is still no base linking Him with the physical, He is a Spirit.

God's word is based upon spiritual things and a spiritual communication and relationship, this is where believers are able to verify God in their lives without relying on science to provide answers. We can rely on God for spiritual truth and revelation, He is our spiritual source.

By "seeking" God and utilizing spiritual tools is how we learn and discover what is true and what is false in spirit so God must be sought in spirit.
John 4

Worship-
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. Revere, honor, praise and devotion.

God wants us to devote our inner beings.....
Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 6:35:02 AM
At 6/15/2014 7:50:33 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/15/2014 7:40:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
The bible is the claim.

It ain't the evidence.

Ahh well.

Lol, you don't want to be a Christian??? c mon man!! we can all be in one spirit and one unity! we could actually agree on something for a change haha!

I have no need of a fantasy existence.

Life is worth living,

I have lived it.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 10:21:45 AM

John 3

Very difficult passage.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 6:18:34 PM
At 6/17/2014 10:21:45 AM, annanicole wrote:

John 3

Very difficult passage.

Very :)
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:54:47 PM
At 6/17/2014 5:41:26 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
What is the "spirit" and what does that mean? Simply put, God created our physical world inside eternity which is the "spirit" or spiritual world and the beings that inhabit eternity are spirits, spirits are not bound by the laws of the material world but by the laws of the spiritual, likewise our physical bodies are bound by physical laws and not the spirit.

The physical perishes and decays while the spirit will always be immovable, while our flesh will die our inner being remains.

There are many things about our physical world that run parallel to the spiritual world, only we are on a clock and in eternity nothing "decays". Our material body is like our spiritual body only it passes on, but our senses are very much the same however the "spirit" is much sharper, more vibrant and alert whereas the physical is imperfect.
Just as we can see, touch, smell and discern in our natural state, likewise in the supernatural all the senses are in tune but in it's perfect state.

Just like our current state of being has it's senses, our spiritual being is capable of discerning spiritual things through it's senses. These are developed through the "nourishing" of ones spiritual body and are perfected as the spirit grows. Growing, learning and experiencing are synonyms of the spirit, it is the same.

God relates and reveals Himself through this spiritual corridor and means of communication through spiritual aspects, not physical, even if God were to manifest an act into the material world there is still no base linking Him with the physical, He is a Spirit.

God's word is based upon spiritual things and a spiritual communication and relationship, this is where believers are able to verify God in their lives without relying on science to provide answers. We can rely on God for spiritual truth and revelation, He is our spiritual source.

By "seeking" God and utilizing spiritual tools is how we learn and discover what is true and what is false in spirit so God must be sought in spirit.
John 4

Worship-
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. Revere, honor, praise and devotion.

God wants us to devote our inner beings.....
Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

WALK IN SPIRIT