Total Posts:78|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Intelligent Design and toilet paper

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 10:37:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.

Apparently a bear uses a rabbit. bwuahahahahahaha
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 10:40:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you think streams, rivers, and lakes are for? That they're just there to pretty up the view?
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 11:48:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/7/2014 10:40:44 PM, Burzmali wrote:
What do you think streams, rivers, and lakes are for? That they're just there to pretty up the view?

So the rabbit can wash?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 2:19:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.

More SERIOUS scholarship from an atheist.

Toilet paper was designed. But I am glad that engineering convince products that don't clog up modern sewage treatment systems (unlike leaves) is well beyond the grasp of the addled minds of atheists - again.

Thanks for ANOTHER stunning contribution to the forum, that somehow managed to dumb down even atheist's normal standards.

Have fun embarrassing yourselves with a the failure to grasp engineering and thinking that this makes religious people stupid! Retarded.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 2:44:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 2:19:41 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.

More SERIOUS scholarship from an atheist.

Toilet paper was designed. But I am glad that engineering convince products that don't clog up modern sewage treatment systems (unlike leaves) is well beyond the grasp of the addled minds of atheists - again.

Thanks for ANOTHER stunning contribution to the forum, that somehow managed to dumb down even atheist's normal standards.

Have fun embarrassing yourselves with a the failure to grasp engineering and thinking that this makes religious people stupid! Retarded.

Yeah see the thing is it's people who go around claiming about how the natural world is intelligently designed.........by God no less. God here among other things being an all knowing, all powerful immaterial person.

I think we are entitled to take that proposition and then ask questions about the world we live in to see how it plays out.

I have noticed that your responses often don't deal with the issues at hand are you go onto rants just attacking people.

Your an abusive little twit. See the thing is I wouldn't mind if you actually tried to deal with the subject matter, but you don't, you don't even try.

Maybe you feel threatened by such inquires ? maybe that is why your act the way you do. hmmmm ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 2:53:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 2:44:03 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 2:19:41 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.

More SERIOUS scholarship from an atheist.

Toilet paper was designed. But I am glad that engineering convince products that don't clog up modern sewage treatment systems (unlike leaves) is well beyond the grasp of the addled minds of atheists - again.

Thanks for ANOTHER stunning contribution to the forum, that somehow managed to dumb down even atheist's normal standards.

Have fun embarrassing yourselves with a the failure to grasp engineering and thinking that this makes religious people stupid! Retarded.

Yeah see the thing is it's people who go around claiming about how the natural world is intelligently designed.........by God no less. God here among other things being an all knowing, all powerful immaterial person.

I think we are entitled to take that proposition and then ask questions about the world we live in to see how it plays out.

I have noticed that your responses often don't deal with the issues at hand are you go onto rants just attacking people.

Your an abusive little twit. See the thing is I wouldn't mind if you actually tried to deal with the subject matter, but you don't, you don't even try.

Maybe you feel threatened by such inquires ? maybe that is why your act the way you do. hmmmm ?

You aren't asking questions, you talking about toilet paper with no apparent direction in a frankly emotional and insulting manner ... again. As is common with atheists.

I mean you COULD look at the common claims of design that religious people ACTUALLY make and then offer an intelligent rebuttal - but that would require actual brain power and effort.

And instead, we are publicly treated to the retarded antics of ANOTHER atheist who went with the first thing that popped into his head like it was divine or something? Toilet paper.

And when confronted with WHY toilet paper was designed? That it has to conform to a larger system of sewage treatment? Your asinine brain dead response is that somehow my, and every other religious person's faith, is going to be challenged by the divine and acerbic mention of toilet paper.

You do realize you come off as dumber than rock rather than insightful about religion? How exactly do you think this will challenge religion positions of design, which, like every other atheist on this forum, you are clearly ignorant of ... so much so, that you are incapable of contorting your clearly stupid position with an actual argument from design.

TP. The back bone of atheisms scholarship.

And actual argument from naturalism? Absent entirely - as it ALWAYS is from atheists on this forum.

BY all means, keep offering up this kind of 'scholarship' and 'science' - its appeal to your base, which bully boy confirms, but as 80-90% of Americans are religious ... they will get to confirm that atheism is just a bunch of immature douches.

Great job here atheists!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 2:58:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 2:53:40 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 2:44:03 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 2:19:41 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.

More SERIOUS scholarship from an atheist.

Toilet paper was designed. But I am glad that engineering convince products that don't clog up modern sewage treatment systems (unlike leaves) is well beyond the grasp of the addled minds of atheists - again.

Thanks for ANOTHER stunning contribution to the forum, that somehow managed to dumb down even atheist's normal standards.

Have fun embarrassing yourselves with a the failure to grasp engineering and thinking that this makes religious people stupid! Retarded.

Yeah see the thing is it's people who go around claiming about how the natural world is intelligently designed.........by God no less. God here among other things being an all knowing, all powerful immaterial person.

I think we are entitled to take that proposition and then ask questions about the world we live in to see how it plays out.

I have noticed that your responses often don't deal with the issues at hand are you go onto rants just attacking people.

Your an abusive little twit. See the thing is I wouldn't mind if you actually tried to deal with the subject matter, but you don't, you don't even try.

Maybe you feel threatened by such inquires ? maybe that is why your act the way you do. hmmmm ?

You aren't asking questions, you talking about toilet paper with no apparent direction in a frankly emotional and insulting manner ... again. As is common with atheists.

I mean you COULD look at the common claims of design that religious people ACTUALLY make and then offer an intelligent rebuttal - but that would require actual brain power and effort.

And instead, we are publicly treated to the retarded antics of ANOTHER atheist who went with the first thing that popped into his head like it was divine or something? Toilet paper.

And when confronted with WHY toilet paper was designed? That it has to conform to a larger system of sewage treatment? Your asinine brain dead response is that somehow my, and every other religious person's faith, is going to be challenged by the divine and acerbic mention of toilet paper.

You do realize you come off as dumber than rock rather than insightful about religion? How exactly do you think this will challenge religion positions of design, which, like every other atheist on this forum, you are clearly ignorant of ... so much so, that you are incapable of contorting your clearly stupid position with an actual argument from design.

TP. The back bone of atheisms scholarship.

And actual argument from naturalism? Absent entirely - as it ALWAYS is from atheists on this forum.

BY all means, keep offering up this kind of 'scholarship' and 'science' - its appeal to your base, which bully boy confirms, but as 80-90% of Americans are religious ... they will get to confirm that atheism is just a bunch of immature douches.

Great job here atheists!

You know how I said that you seem to disregard subject matter and go into insults.........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:07:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 2:58:28 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


You know how I said that you seem to disregard subject matter and go into insults.........

Your subject matter is an insult atheist.

Again, you COULD have actually done some research and contrasted an REAL position against REAL arguments from design.

Instead you dumped this lazy, stupid, crap out and expect to worshipped or something for it?

DO you understand what happens in something like a college philosophy class were you to dump crap like this out? Even a discussion forum?

Why would you dump something so clearly absent any value? Why would you expect religious people to take you seriously?

You are clearly just mocking and insulting, but when called on it ... in typically atheist fashion, you are somehow the victim?

Its a religious discussion forum ... discuss RELIGION - not some mentally retarded BS about TP. IF you can ... and I am coming to seriously doubt that atheists can. Its not like they are proving my opinion wrong now are they?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:11:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:07:04 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 2:58:28 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


You know how I said that you seem to disregard subject matter and go into insults.........

Your subject matter is an insult atheist.

Again, you COULD have actually done some research and contrasted an REAL position against REAL arguments from design.

Instead you dumped this lazy, stupid, crap out and expect to worshipped or something for it?

DO you understand what happens in something like a college philosophy class were you to dump crap like this out? Even a discussion forum?

Why would you dump something so clearly absent any value? Why would you expect religious people to take you seriously?

You are clearly just mocking and insulting, but when called on it ... in typically atheist fashion, you are somehow the victim?

Its a religious discussion forum ... discuss RELIGION - not some mentally retarded BS about TP. IF you can ... and I am coming to seriously doubt that atheists can. Its not like they are proving my opinion wrong now are they?

So about that proposition that the natural world is not only intelligently designed but designed by an all knowing all powerful being, what do you think ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:17:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:11:15 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So about that proposition that the natural world is not only intelligently designed but designed by an all knowing all powerful being, what do you think ?

How about you display a modicum of intelligence and actually form an opinion on the subject rather than shifting the burden of proof so you can sit back and, in typically atheist fashion, just deny and insult whatever is produced.

WTF should anyone answer you questions when you pointedly fail to answer any questions?

WTF doe TP have to do with any arguments from design?

If TP was engineered and it was engineered to fit into a larger system, what does that mean?

Why did you fail to contrast this with any actual claim from religion regarding design?

Why are ignorant about Christians say about design? Is there even a reason, other than your religious dogma that you deny it or think its wrong?

Nope ... its toilet paper - dumber that crap ... and you cannot even pro-offer an opinion that you ostensibly knew so much about that you were dismissive to the point of intransigent mocking.

But we are supposed to engage YOU in a serious discussion even as you display both ignorance and immaturity, eh?

If you want answers ... how about dropping the arrogance displayed in clear mocking and animosity ... and GOSH ... actually contrast the position of design and state why you disagree with it so much you would openly mock the position ... you know like a RATIONAL person rather than a complete jerk?

https://archive.org...

What informs the Christian position? Right - statistics.

What informs the atheist position? Not knowing that toilet paper was designed.

You tell me which one is better? Statistics or ignorance?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:38:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:17:51 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:11:15 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So about that proposition that the natural world is not only intelligently designed but designed by an all knowing all powerful being, what do you think ?

How about you display a modicum of intelligence and actually form an opinion on the subject rather than shifting the burden of proof so you can sit back and, in typically atheist fashion, just deny and insult whatever is produced.

My opinion is that you can make "God" compatible with any and everything. But every rationalization you need in order to save it from falsification makes it more and more implausible.


WTF should anyone answer you questions when you pointedly fail to answer any questions?

I dunno, you seem to say alot when it comes to insults. Thought I might get you talking about the actually subject matter.


WTF doe TP have to do with any arguments from design?

That the so called intelligently designed natural world by such a God could of being better. In this case when it comes to hygiene, cleaning and how exactly the intelligently designer expected one to wipe ones a$$, if wipe at all.


If TP was engineered and it was engineered to fit into a larger system, what does that mean?


Why did you fail to contrast this with any actual claim from religion regarding design?


Why are ignorant about Christians say about design? Is there even a reason, other than your religious dogma that you deny it or think its wrong?

Nope ... its toilet paper - dumber that crap ... and you cannot even pro-offer an opinion that you ostensibly knew so much about that you were dismissive to the point of intransigent mocking.

But we are supposed to engage YOU in a serious discussion even as you display both ignorance and immaturity, eh?


If you want answers ... how about dropping the arrogance displayed in clear mocking and animosity ... and GOSH ... actually contrast the position of design and state why you disagree with it so much you would openly mock the position ... you know like a RATIONAL person rather than a complete jerk?

https://archive.org...

What informs the Christian position? Right - statistics.

What informs the atheist position? Not knowing that toilet paper was designed.

You tell me which one is better? Statistics or ignorance?

So..............

What do you think ? do you think the natural world was intelligently designed by an all powerful all knowing being ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:48:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:38:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:17:51 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:11:15 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So about that proposition that the natural world is not only intelligently designed but designed by an all knowing all powerful being, what do you think ?

How about you display a modicum of intelligence and actually form an opinion on the subject rather than shifting the burden of proof so you can sit back and, in typically atheist fashion, just deny and insult whatever is produced.

My opinion is that you can make "God" compatible with any and everything. But every rationalization you need in order to save it from falsification makes it more and more implausible.


WTF should anyone answer you questions when you pointedly fail to answer any questions?

I dunno, you seem to say alot when it comes to insults. Thought I might get you talking about the actually subject matter.


WTF doe TP have to do with any arguments from design?

That the so called intelligently designed natural world by such a God could of being better. In this case when it comes to hygiene, cleaning and how exactly the intelligently designer expected one to wipe ones a$$, if wipe at all.


If TP was engineered and it was engineered to fit into a larger system, what does that mean?


Why did you fail to contrast this with any actual claim from religion regarding design?


Why are ignorant about Christians say about design? Is there even a reason, other than your religious dogma that you deny it or think its wrong?

Nope ... its toilet paper - dumber that crap ... and you cannot even pro-offer an opinion that you ostensibly knew so much about that you were dismissive to the point of intransigent mocking.

But we are supposed to engage YOU in a serious discussion even as you display both ignorance and immaturity, eh?


If you want answers ... how about dropping the arrogance displayed in clear mocking and animosity ... and GOSH ... actually contrast the position of design and state why you disagree with it so much you would openly mock the position ... you know like a RATIONAL person rather than a complete jerk?

https://archive.org...

What informs the Christian position? Right - statistics.

What informs the atheist position? Not knowing that toilet paper was designed.

You tell me which one is better? Statistics or ignorance?

So..............

What do you think ? do you think the natural world was intelligently designed by an all powerful all knowing being ?

So no argument ... what a shock.

Thanks for proving your position is typically atheist BS and ignorance. Have a nice hate filled life.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:53:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:48:31 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:38:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:17:51 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:11:15 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So about that proposition that the natural world is not only intelligently designed but designed by an all knowing all powerful being, what do you think ?

How about you display a modicum of intelligence and actually form an opinion on the subject rather than shifting the burden of proof so you can sit back and, in typically atheist fashion, just deny and insult whatever is produced.

My opinion is that you can make "God" compatible with any and everything. But every rationalization you need in order to save it from falsification makes it more and more implausible.


WTF should anyone answer you questions when you pointedly fail to answer any questions?

I dunno, you seem to say alot when it comes to insults. Thought I might get you talking about the actually subject matter.


WTF doe TP have to do with any arguments from design?

That the so called intelligently designed natural world by such a God could of being better. In this case when it comes to hygiene, cleaning and how exactly the intelligently designer expected one to wipe ones a$$, if wipe at all.


If TP was engineered and it was engineered to fit into a larger system, what does that mean?


Why did you fail to contrast this with any actual claim from religion regarding design?


Why are ignorant about Christians say about design? Is there even a reason, other than your religious dogma that you deny it or think its wrong?

Nope ... its toilet paper - dumber that crap ... and you cannot even pro-offer an opinion that you ostensibly knew so much about that you were dismissive to the point of intransigent mocking.

But we are supposed to engage YOU in a serious discussion even as you display both ignorance and immaturity, eh?


If you want answers ... how about dropping the arrogance displayed in clear mocking and animosity ... and GOSH ... actually contrast the position of design and state why you disagree with it so much you would openly mock the position ... you know like a RATIONAL person rather than a complete jerk?

https://archive.org...

What informs the Christian position? Right - statistics.

What informs the atheist position? Not knowing that toilet paper was designed.

You tell me which one is better? Statistics or ignorance?

So..............

What do you think ? do you think the natural world was intelligently designed by an all powerful all knowing being ?

So no argument ... what a shock.

Thanks for proving your position is typically atheist BS and ignorance. Have a nice hate filled life.

RIght............

By the way, do you think that statistical probability argument is a good argument ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:55:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:53:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

RIght............

By the way, do you think that statistical probability argument is a good argument ?

Why would you think statistics are a poor informant to questions of probability would be a better question to ask.

Try making a position or just admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do statistics work? Inform positions for rational people? And why would a religious person think that MATH is a sound methodology?

God damb atheists are stupid.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 3:59:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
TP jokes aside, I think this actually brings up a really good point.

Toilet paper dates back to the earliest, 6th Century China, while our modern TP dates to the 19th Century. Before then, people basically used stones or reused sponges or waited until they took a bath. For sewage, after the fall of the Roman Empire, most Europeans basically threw their crap out the window - literally. Not exactly the most hygienic thing in the world, and I bet you a lot of infections and diseases were caused by poor sanitation and hygiene.

So here's the question - why did God "design" humans so poorly that we could essentially cause major harm to ourselves from our own leavings? Also, aside from a few tidbits here and there about basic hygiene, why does the Bible not tell us anything about good sanitation like we have today? Why did God let probably hundreds of millions of people die horribly when he could have put in this fairly simple knowledge? Hm?

Also, poo.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:02:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:59:14 AM, Volkov wrote:
TP jokes aside, I think this actually brings up a really good point.

Toilet paper dates back to the earliest, 6th Century China, while our modern TP dates to the 19th Century. Before then, people basically used stones or reused sponges or waited until they took a bath. For sewage, after the fall of the Roman Empire, most Europeans basically threw their crap out the window - literally. Not exactly the most hygienic thing in the world, and I bet you a lot of infections and diseases were caused by poor sanitation and hygiene.

So here's the question - why did God "design" humans so poorly that we could essentially cause major harm to ourselves from our own leavings? Also, aside from a few tidbits here and there about basic hygiene, why does the Bible not tell us anything about good sanitation like we have today? Why did God let probably hundreds of millions of people die horribly when he could have put in this fairly simple knowledge? Hm?

Also, poo.

Actually, they did not. Walking around months with poop all over your behind has never been a good thing. They used ... shockingly ... pails of water and their left hands ... which is why its still considered rude in many cultures to shake hands with your left hand.

The Bible is not a hygiene maul is it? Why does in not talk about first grade education standards either?

So tell me, other than learning about the use of the left hand and water (which was not just invented) what does this have to say about ANY actual argument from design from any religion?

Right. Nothing.

Another typically atheist contribution to the forum.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:07:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:02:11 AM, neutral wrote:
Actually, they did not. Walking around months with poop all over your behind has never been a good thing.

Don't remember saying they did, bro.

They used ... shockingly ... pails of water and their left hands ... which is why its still considered rude in many cultures to shake hands with your left hand.

Or any of the things I said that you seemingly ignored.

The Bible is not a hygiene maul is it? Why does in not talk about first grade education standards either?

Good question, why doesn't the Bible provide anything useful?

So tell me, other than learning about the use of the left hand and water (which was not just invented) what does this have to say about ANY actual argument from design from any religion?

It says that God really didn't give a crap (pun intended) about us, failing to give us advanced advice about our hygiene, or about bacteria, or about infection... so on, so forth.

But what does it have to do with design? Nothing, I never said it did - I just like pointing it out. :3

Right. Nothing.

You never answered my question about why we are designed to even poo.

Another typically atheist contribution to the forum.

You're mean.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:08:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 3:55:04 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:53:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

RIght............

By the way, do you think that statistical probability argument is a good argument ?

Why would you think statistics are a poor informant to questions of probability would be a better question to ask.

Try making a position or just admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I told you how we can make God compatible with anything using rationalizations. And I also told you the more and more rationalizations you need the more and more implausible it gets.


Do statistics work? Inform positions for rational people? And why would a religious person think that MATH is a sound methodology?

God damb atheists are stupid.

The immense improbability of an event or series of events in of it's self doesn't justify an intelligent design inference.

Any intelligent life forms will of course find it to be the case that the necessary preconditions for our existence happened, cause if they didn't we wouldn't be here in the first place.

This creates a huge data bias that needs to be factored in.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:10:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:07:25 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:02:11 AM, neutral wrote:
Actually, they did not. Walking around months with poop all over your behind has never been a good thing.

Don't remember saying they did, bro.

They used ... shockingly ... pails of water and their left hands ... which is why its still considered rude in many cultures to shake hands with your left hand.

Or any of the things I said that you seemingly ignored.

The Bible is not a hygiene maul is it? Why does in not talk about first grade education standards either?

Good question, why doesn't the Bible provide anything useful?

So tell me, other than learning about the use of the left hand and water (which was not just invented) what does this have to say about ANY actual argument from design from any religion?

It says that God really didn't give a crap (pun intended) about us, failing to give us advanced advice about our hygiene, or about bacteria, or about infection... so on, so forth.

But what does it have to do with design? Nothing, I never said it did - I just like pointing it out. :3

Right. Nothing.

You never answered my question about why we are designed to even poo.

Another typically atheist contribution to the forum.

You're mean.

No, I am disrespectful of a disrespectful position.

Can you list any reason to treat the OP with respect? Can you demonstrate how it applies to any ACTUAL argument from design?

But we should afford overt and obvious mocking 'respect' - call in science and scholarship?

Perhaps if people stop pretending that wanton mocking and abuse were actually valid positions it would go away? It might actually be considered ... stupid, to post stupidity? Perhaps.

Not that atheists will see that, as long as its critical of religion ... its f*cking gospel right?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:11:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:08:13 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:55:04 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:53:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

RIght............

By the way, do you think that statistical probability argument is a good argument ?

Why would you think statistics are a poor informant to questions of probability would be a better question to ask.

Try making a position or just admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I told you how we can make God compatible with anything using rationalizations. And I also told you the more and more rationalizations you need the more and more implausible it gets.


Do statistics work? Inform positions for rational people? And why would a religious person think that MATH is a sound methodology?

God damb atheists are stupid.

The immense improbability of an event or series of events in of it's self doesn't justify an intelligent design inference.

Any intelligent life forms will of course find it to be the case that the necessary preconditions for our existence happened, cause if they didn't we wouldn't be here in the first place.

This creates a huge data bias that needs to be factored in.

RIght, its improbable not because statistics say so ... its improbable because YOU say so.

Are you aware of what a fallacy is?

Again, why should ANYONE treat your position as learned rather than idiotic dogma? You are literally just spewing an opinion ... a clearly ignorant one at that.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:12:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/7/2014 10:29:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You know how this world is intelligently designed by a really super smart intelligent designer cause look at how amazing it all is.

But I ask you, where is the toilet paper ? I mean sure there are leaves, but it's just not the same is it.

I can't help but think the intelligent designer over looked something here.

That's what sweetgum roots are for
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:17:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:10:12 AM, neutral wrote:
No, I am disrespectful of a disrespectful position.

I'm not being disrespectful, you're the one calling my contributions useless and saying I'm dumb. That's mean.

Can you list any reason to treat the OP with respect? Can you demonstrate how it applies to any ACTUAL argument from design?

He's another human being and, if you want people to be nice to you, you should be nice back? And not call them dumb?

But we should afford overt and obvious mocking 'respect' - call in science and scholarship?

Huh?

Perhaps if people stop pretending that wanton mocking and abuse were actually valid positions it would go away? It might actually be considered ... stupid, to post stupidity? Perhaps.

I'm not mocking you, I'm asking serious questions that you can't seem to answer.

Not that atheists will see that, as long as its critical of religion ... its f*cking gospel right?

No.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:21:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:11:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:08:13 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:55:04 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:53:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

RIght............

By the way, do you think that statistical probability argument is a good argument ?

Why would you think statistics are a poor informant to questions of probability would be a better question to ask.

Try making a position or just admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I told you how we can make God compatible with anything using rationalizations. And I also told you the more and more rationalizations you need the more and more implausible it gets.


Do statistics work? Inform positions for rational people? And why would a religious person think that MATH is a sound methodology?

God damb atheists are stupid.

The immense improbability of an event or series of events in of it's self doesn't justify an intelligent design inference.

Any intelligent life forms will of course find it to be the case that the necessary preconditions for our existence happened, cause if they didn't we wouldn't be here in the first place.

This creates a huge data bias that needs to be factored in.

RIght, its improbable not because statistics say so ... its improbable because YOU say so.

I never said it wasn't improbable. "The immense improbability of an event or series of events in of it's self doesn't justify an intelligent design inference. "


Are you aware of what a fallacy is?

A fallacy is an error in reasoning.

An example of that would be for example claiming that something is intelligently designed on the basis that an event or series of events are improbable.


Again, why should ANYONE treat your position as learned rather than idiotic dogma? You are literally just spewing an opinion ... a clearly ignorant one at that.

Cause I don't post links that commit the fallacy of improbability justifies it was the product of intent ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:24:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:17:12 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:10:12 AM, neutral wrote:
No, I am disrespectful of a disrespectful position.

I'm not being disrespectful, you're the one calling my contributions useless and saying I'm dumb. That's mean.

Can you list any reason to treat the OP with respect? Can you demonstrate how it applies to any ACTUAL argument from design?

He's another human being and, if you want people to be nice to you, you should be nice back? And not call them dumb?

But we should afford overt and obvious mocking 'respect' - call in science and scholarship?

Huh?

Perhaps if people stop pretending that wanton mocking and abuse were actually valid positions it would go away? It might actually be considered ... stupid, to post stupidity? Perhaps.

I'm not mocking you, I'm asking serious questions that you can't seem to answer.

Not that atheists will see that, as long as its critical of religion ... its f*cking gospel right?

No.

Your contributions are useless and dumb. They have no value. That is just a fact.

But f you need people to treat you like a child whose feelings are more important that substance of arguments, kindly just say so.

I am a rapist or something right?

Are you sure you don;t want to use that tactic here? My arguments are fine because the Catholic Chruch had a problem with child molestation? Go ahead, employ the fallacy.

Its not like you have an actual argument being made is it?

Just another atheist who needs to join a religion discussion to not actually discuss religion?

Shocking! Another one!
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:30:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:21:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:11:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:08:13 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:55:04 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 3:53:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

RIght............

By the way, do you think that statistical probability argument is a good argument ?

Why would you think statistics are a poor informant to questions of probability would be a better question to ask.

Try making a position or just admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I told you how we can make God compatible with anything using rationalizations. And I also told you the more and more rationalizations you need the more and more implausible it gets.


Do statistics work? Inform positions for rational people? And why would a religious person think that MATH is a sound methodology?

God damb atheists are stupid.

The immense improbability of an event or series of events in of it's self doesn't justify an intelligent design inference.

Any intelligent life forms will of course find it to be the case that the necessary preconditions for our existence happened, cause if they didn't we wouldn't be here in the first place.

This creates a huge data bias that needs to be factored in.

RIght, its improbable not because statistics say so ... its improbable because YOU say so.

I never said it wasn't improbable. "The immense improbability of an event or series of events in of it's self doesn't justify an intelligent design inference. "


Are you aware of what a fallacy is?

A fallacy is an error in reasoning.

An example of that would be for example claiming that something is intelligently designed on the basis that an event or series of events are improbable.


Again, why should ANYONE treat your position as learned rather than idiotic dogma? You are literally just spewing an opinion ... a clearly ignorant one at that.

Cause I don't post links that commit the fallacy of improbability justifies it was the product of intent ?

No, but the citation did.

There is no fallacy of improbability.

Are are seriously that retarded?

Just because something is MORE probable does not mean that this is what happened. Generally, HOWEVER, when something is statistically IMPOSSIBLE, its considered ... well, impossible. So when statistical analysis takes you into the statistically impossible realm, we would need a pretty damn good reason to keep believing it ... and in that case ... guess who has the burden of proof atheist?

This statistically impossible thing I believe in is right because your statistics are a fallacy!

Yep, that is modern atheism in all its stupid glory.

And we are supposed to respect this? A bunch of wankers desperate to believe whatever the hell they want to - despite evidence. Any tawdry and simple excuse will do.

TP? WTF? We just rejected statistics to maintain our silly cult mentality, but you started by mocking OUR intelligence.

Another stellar contribution from the atheist camp to further the discussion of religion.

Is there some reason you atheists show up and absolutely insist on demonstrating how dumb your arguments are?

Perhaps you should just skip to the end and call me a war criminal? That is where this is headed right? The problem is me ... not the complete train wreck of an argument you atheists are making.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:34:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:24:35 AM, neutral wrote:
Your contributions are useless and dumb. They have no value. That is just a fact.

Tsk, such abuse. I could report you for this, but I won't - like Jeebus, I'm forgiving.

But f you need people to treat you like a child whose feelings are more important that substance of arguments, kindly just say so.

I'd like you to actually discuss the substance of the argument to begin with, then maybe we can talk about my hurt feelings.

I am a rapist or something right?

I don't know, are you?

Are you sure you don;t want to use that tactic here? My arguments are fine because the Catholic Chruch had a problem with child molestation? Go ahead, employ the fallacy.

You're the only person saying that fallacy so far, my friend.

Its not like you have an actual argument being made is it?

Just another atheist who needs to join a religion discussion to not actually discuss religion?

Shocking! Another one!

I asked, relatively simply I think, why God didn't give any advice or techniques for dealing with sanitation and hygiene that wouldn't occur to someone from the bronze age. Answer away.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:38:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:34:46 AM, Volkov wrote:


I am a rapist or something right?

I don't know, are you?


Another demonstration of atheist contributions to this forum. Shows up all educated and what not. Now how is that all atheists sound exactly the same? Its like you have been indoctrinated or something.

Actual discussion of design? Right zero.

The ostensible topic at hand ... and not a single atheist has anything relevant to the topic THEY chose.

YEAH ATHEISM!!!!!

What do you atheists think happens over time when you pull crap like this?

Atheist: who wants to discuss candy!?!

Theist: I do! What would like to discuss about candy?

Atheists: Why are you a rapist?

Theist: 'blink' 'blink'

Atheist: You silence is condemning, clearly you support rape then!

The stuff of 'science'. And people notice. Just not people who are atheists.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:42:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:38:15 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:34:46 AM, Volkov wrote:


I am a rapist or something right?

I don't know, are you?


Another demonstration of atheist contributions to this forum. Shows up all educated and what not. Now how is that all atheists sound exactly the same? Its like you have been indoctrinated or something.

Actual discussion of design? Right zero.

The ostensible topic at hand ... and not a single atheist has anything relevant to the topic THEY chose.

YEAH ATHEISM!!!!!

What do you atheists think happens over time when you pull crap like this?

Atheist: who wants to discuss candy!?!

Theist: I do! What would like to discuss about candy?

Atheists: Why are you a rapist?

Theist: 'blink' 'blink'

Atheist: You silence is condemning, clearly you support rape then!

The stuff of 'science'. And people notice. Just not people who are atheists.

I asked, relatively simply I think, why God didn't give any advice or techniques for dealing with sanitation and hygiene that wouldn't occur to someone from the bronze age. Answer away.

^
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 4:48:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 4:42:06 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:38:15 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/8/2014 4:34:46 AM, Volkov wrote:


I am a rapist or something right?

I don't know, are you?


Another demonstration of atheist contributions to this forum. Shows up all educated and what not. Now how is that all atheists sound exactly the same? Its like you have been indoctrinated or something.

Actual discussion of design? Right zero.

The ostensible topic at hand ... and not a single atheist has anything relevant to the topic THEY chose.

YEAH ATHEISM!!!!!

What do you atheists think happens over time when you pull crap like this?

Atheist: who wants to discuss candy!?!

Theist: I do! What would like to discuss about candy?

Atheists: Why are you a rapist?

Theist: 'blink' 'blink'

Atheist: You silence is condemning, clearly you support rape then!

The stuff of 'science'. And people notice. Just not people who are atheists.

I asked, relatively simply I think, why God didn't give any advice or techniques for dealing with sanitation and hygiene that wouldn't occur to someone from the bronze age. Answer away.

^

Its already been answered atheist.

I guess you missed in between your rape accusations.