Jump to topic:

Religion ?... Again

Vision13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 6:44:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's not already obvious that religion is a personal subject ? If, that is not it, i can give you " proof to convaince you :

Each theory scientific or not is based on unprovables things named postulates. So, It's obvious that no theory has absolute truth, therfore, each man can believe what he wants and the most important : he doesn't have any accompt to give to nobody.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 6:48:44 PM
At 6/8/2014 6:44:03 PM, Vision13 wrote:
It's not already obvious that religion is a personal subject ? If, that is not it, i can give you " proof to convaince you :

Each theory scientific or not is based on unprovables things named postulates. So, It's obvious that no theory has absolute truth, therfore, each man can believe what he wants and the most important : he doesn't have any accompt to give to nobody.

Within reason ... Some cases are clearly better than others. Man can believe what he wants ... that is our right I suppose ... but there is a point of consensus and understandably.

For example, when some dude runs up and claims that grass is God because green is divine ... we tend to dismiss that out of hand.

Conversely, if someone says that Jesus was God, and looks at the historical record and sees something incredible in that record ... there is a basis for belief if you will. The same can happen when someone examine it and thinks ... we was merely a Prophet ... or just an above average human with a great message.

The key is the strength of the inductive support for the claim, because, as you state, there is no absolute truth here.

So unless God shows up and starts slapping us in the head, or we reach the end of knowledge and find no God (neither likely to happen any time soon), then there is a band of inductive reasoning and Freedom of conscience within which to explore.

I have never seen a man follow his conscience honestly within that band go wrong.
Vision13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 1:32:41 AM
At 6/8/2014 6:48:44 PM, neutral wrote:

Within reason ... Some cases r clearly better than others. Man can believe what he wants ... that is our right I suppose ... but there is a point of consensus and understandably.

For example, when some dude runs up and claims that grass is God because green is divine ... we tend to dismiss that out of hand.

Conversely, if someone says that Jesus was God, and looks at the historical record and sees something incredible in that record ... there is a basis for belief if you will. The same can happen when someone examine it and thinks ... we was merely a Prophet ... or just an above average human with a great message.

The key is the strength of the inductive support for the claim, because, as you state, there is no absolute truth here.

So unless God shows up and starts slapping us in the head, or we reach the end of knowledge and find no God (neither likely to happen any time soon), then there is a band of inductive reasoning and Freedom of conscience within which to explore.

I have never seen a man follow his conscience honestly within that band go wrong.

Where is the demonstration ? Instinct isn't a demonstration.

It isn't worse than the guy who says that you're a wave and you're mother can be solder than you...

Instinct isn't an end itself, science either and even logic and absurd, the world don't stop At the 9 May 2014 in England with the logic... There were many civilization before and there are probably a lot of others civilization in the universe. All fixed them politically correct.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 2:57:45 AM
At 6/9/2014 1:32:41 AM, Vision13 wrote:
At 6/8/2014 6:48:44 PM, neutral wrote:

Within reason ... Some cases r clearly better than others. Man can believe what he wants ... that is our right I suppose ... but there is a point of consensus and understandably.

Where is the demonstration ? Instinct isn't a demonstration.

It isn't worse than the guy who says that you're a wave and you're mother can be solder than you...

Instinct isn't an end itself, science either and even logic and absurd, the world don't stop At the 9 May 2014 in England with the logic... There were many civilization before and there are probably a lot of others civilization in the universe. All fixed them politically correct.

Its not instinct, its inductive reasoning.

All claims can, at their base be examined vis a vis the supporting claims. Over time, experience gives us a basis to accept some things (admittedly sometimes falsely), and to see that others are clearly false. If I claimed the sky was neon green ... I seriously doubt the first thing you would do would be to rush to a window an check.

That is not instinct. Its induction. You know the sky is blue, you have seen. Is it POSSIBLE that something magical happened and turned it neon green instead? Sure. ANYTHING is possible. Its pretty unlikely, and we would certainly not call someone foolish for dismissing the claim of a neon-green sky.

The same goes fro religion. Those that can make a strong case do well. Those that cannot do not.
Measure
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:01:12 AM

Yeh, I want some proff.
Kostakv
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 8:30:24 AM

You're right in some sense... but using you statement don't you dare say anything about how your opinion is right based on nothing... I'm an atheist and I say go for it, if you want to believe in God go ahead if it makes you a batter person great! but don't convince me that something exists with no proof or evidence