Jump to topic:

Is your god omniscient

intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 12:04:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I postulate that attaining an answer to the question would be remarkably arduous, if not entirely unattainable.

What methodology would an individual implement to ascertain whether or not a God is omniscient? Deriving an answer from a textual account or scripture is a profoundly non-robust procedure for obtaining the knowledge that God(s) is/are omniscient.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 12:07:14 AM
At 6/10/2014 11:13:02 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/10/2014 9:26:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
Does your god know ALL.

Yes and No

Expound your answer because I fail to comprehend how God is capable of being omniscient and not omniscient simultaneously, which is what I inferred that your answer suggests.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 12:09:00 AM
Does your god know ALL.

Yep He sure does.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 1:40:36 AM
At 6/11/2014 12:07:14 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 6/10/2014 11:13:02 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Does your god know ALL.

Yes and No

Expound your answer because I fail to comprehend how God is capable of being omniscient and not omniscient simultaneously, which is what I inferred that your answer suggests.

First of all you need to define the word God and be very clear about what the word is referring to.

If God is some mythical character, he knows only what the authors of that character claim he knows. If the authors of a mythical character claim that character knows all. Does the character know all? Apparently there is a mythical character who knows all and many people worship that character and call him God.

If God is REALITY itself and is ALL of existence itself, it is in an overall sense both sentient and nonsentient due to existence itself having both those qualities. Existence is made of many different beings and not just one individual sentient being. Some existing beings obviously have brains, awareness and knowledge. Others lack knowledge and awareness.
Therefore in an overall perspective that which exists and has the brains and ability to know anything does know all it wants to know and needs to know. All that does not have the ability to know anything obviously knows nothing.

If you compile a body of beings which individually know nothing or know a little of ALL there is to know, you end up with a body of beings which as a whole do know all there is to know even if they don't know all there is to know as individual beings. You obviously need to include all the beings which are to come and all the knowledge which is yet to be learned. If you don't include all future knowledge you are not including ALL.

From what I gather in the bible story. God is a culmination of many beings. It is a body made up of many members not just an individual entity and not just a body of three members or three persons. In essence God IS ALL existence of the past present and future. Some of that existence is aware of ALL that exists and others have no clue due to being mindless.