Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Rational and Irrational Christian (I'm Bored)

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

Irrational: Well our all knowing God allows it to happen because these good people aren't exactly good. Nobody innocent does. So this person must've done something.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:51:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

What is God to you ?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:55:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

This isnt necessarily rational though, cause when you think about it, it really isnt fair at all. The fact that a child was born in the middle of the Uganda where his parents are so poor they can only afford to barely feed themselves, let alone their kid, from a christian perspective, necessarily is unfair when you consider the fact that God has a million different options to save that starving child.

And yeah, id consider a child, as Good.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 8:23:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:51:15 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

What is God to you ?

Irrational: God is the ruler of Earth and you need to obey him!

Rational: If your referring to the Judeo-Christian God, then he's one who is named what he is instead if having a name like Zeus, Thor or Appollo. The Christian version seems more fair to me and I personally like him better than the others. I'm not saying "because its true."

Irrational: But it is a 100% fact Rational fact!

Rational: Shut up me. God is as much as a theory as the other gods. But the only problem about the theories, they don't come true until you die and see if your afterlife is true. Some believe this is ludicrous thinking and you should live a life without wasting time. I however would love to have faith in everything spiritual and use evidence on the material.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 8:39:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:55:40 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

This isnt necessarily rational though, cause when you think about it, it really isnt fair at all. The fact that a child was born in the middle of the Uganda where his parents are so poor they can only afford to barely feed themselves, let alone their kid, from a christian perspective, necessarily is unfair when you consider the fact that God has a million different options to save that starving child.

And yeah, id consider a child, as Good.

Well like I said, sociology teaches us different regions means different moral views. Anyways, I agree that I think it's immoral for a child to live in that world. I pray about this situation at times. Personally, I would love to live in this condition because it will make me a hunter and strengthen my will and wits.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

With regards to how it would make it slow, why would it? the knowledge that a God exists doesnt mean that the God will lift a finger to help us. Even within the bible and with people who knew that God existed, God didnt go around conquering the neighboring countries, Moses and his troops did. Its not like Moses spent every day praying to God to kill his enemies for him.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:01:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 8:39:37 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:55:40 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

This isnt necessarily rational though, cause when you think about it, it really isnt fair at all. The fact that a child was born in the middle of the Uganda where his parents are so poor they can only afford to barely feed themselves, let alone their kid, from a christian perspective, necessarily is unfair when you consider the fact that God has a million different options to save that starving child.

And yeah, id consider a child, as Good.

Well like I said, sociology teaches us different regions means different moral views. Anyways, I agree that I think it's immoral for a child to live in that world. I pray about this situation at times. Personally, I would love to live in this condition because it will make me a hunter and strengthen my will and wits.

I dont think that a child of 4, 5, will be able to be a hunter and strengthen their wits. Infact, I dont know how old you are, but id say a person who is 20, 30, 40 years old has a far, far, far better chance of being a hunter and strengthening his will and wits than a 4, 5, 6 year old.

But this is something that has nothing to do with different regions and different moral views. A country that has a drought and its citizens starve because they cant grow any crops, has nothing to do with the morals of that country.

Certainly, you would agree with me in saying that if you see a 9 year old girl about to be raped, and you have the ability to prevent the rape, but stand by and do nothing, that would make you immoral, would you not?
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.


With regards to how it would make it slow, why would it? the knowledge that a God exists doesnt mean that the God will lift a finger to help us. Even within the bible and with people who knew that God existed, God didnt go around conquering the neighboring countries, Moses and his troops did. Its not like Moses spent every day praying to God to kill his enemies for him.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:37:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.

Okay, so do you have a reason as to why God doesnt just reveal himself to everyone in a manner that is obvious and is acknowledged by all that he exists?
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:58:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:37:44 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.

Okay, so do you have a reason as to why God doesnt just reveal himself to everyone in a manner that is obvious and is acknowledged by all that he exists?

I would only speculate sir, and I would consider that useless.

But the fact of the matter is, is that the scriptures says God reveals through spirit and this is something I believe to be true. I could draw conclusions as to why this would be but again it would be something that is not factual for you.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:04:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:58:44 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:37:44 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.

Okay, so do you have a reason as to why God doesnt just reveal himself to everyone in a manner that is obvious and is acknowledged by all that he exists?

I would only speculate sir, and I would consider that useless.

But the fact of the matter is, is that the scriptures says God reveals through spirit and this is something I believe to be true. I could draw conclusions as to why this would be but again it would be something that is not factual for you.

Well, no, since we have examples of God revealing himself through physical means. Everything from the burning bush, to Paul hearing an audible voice and a blinding light, to Thomas being shown the wounds and cuts and being able to touch them with his hands to confirm that Jesus was crucified, is necessarily, if you accept the veracity of the bible, physical events.

But even so, this still doesnt address the fact that it is still unreasonable to believe that God only reveals himself through spirit.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:07:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.


With regards to how it would make it slow, why would it? the knowledge that a God exists doesnt mean that the God will lift a finger to help us. Even within the bible and with people who knew that God existed, God didnt go around conquering the neighboring countries, Moses and his troops did. Its not like Moses spent every day praying to God to kill his enemies for him.

I am not saying all Christians are. But I am surrounded by irrational ones in my town.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:09:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:04:47 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:58:44 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:37:44 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.

Okay, so do you have a reason as to why God doesnt just reveal himself to everyone in a manner that is obvious and is acknowledged by all that he exists?

I would only speculate sir, and I would consider that useless.

But the fact of the matter is, is that the scriptures says God reveals through spirit and this is something I believe to be true. I could draw conclusions as to why this would be but again it would be something that is not factual for you.

Well, no, since we have examples of God revealing himself through physical means. Everything from the burning bush, to Paul hearing an audible voice and a blinding light, to Thomas being shown the wounds and cuts and being able to touch them with his hands to confirm that Jesus was crucified, is necessarily, if you accept the veracity of the bible, physical events.

Yep good points, only it wasn't for the cause of converting the ones who saw, God had a purpose in it.

But even so, this still doesnt address the fact that it is still unreasonable to believe that God only reveals himself through spirit.

How is that unreasonable? It makes sense and the scriptures give this information.

BTW, even in scripture in cases where God revealed Himself in a physical manner, it still didn't change the heart of people, they still disobeyed and they still despised God, and this I believe would not change. If God revealed Himself today it would change nothing except cause mass hysteria, the people that don't love Him will still not love Him and I believe this to be part of the reason.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:13:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:01:49 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:39:37 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:55:40 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

This isnt necessarily rational though, cause when you think about it, it really isnt fair at all. The fact that a child was born in the middle of the Uganda where his parents are so poor they can only afford to barely feed themselves, let alone their kid, from a christian perspective, necessarily is unfair when you consider the fact that God has a million different options to save that starving child.

And yeah, id consider a child, as Good.

Well like I said, sociology teaches us different regions means different moral views. Anyways, I agree that I think it's immoral for a child to live in that world. I pray about this situation at times. Personally, I would love to live in this condition because it will make me a hunter and strengthen my will and wits.

I dont think that a child of 4, 5, will be able to be a hunter and strengthen their wits. Infact, I dont know how old you are, but id say a person who is 20, 30, 40 years old has a far, far, far better chance of being a hunter and strengthening his will and wits than a 4, 5, 6 year old.

But this is something that has nothing to do with different regions and different moral views. A country that has a drought and its citizens starve because they cant grow any crops, has nothing to do with the morals of that country.

Certainly, you would agree with me in saying that if you see a 9 year old girl about to be raped, and you have the ability to prevent the rape, but stand by and do nothing, that would make you immoral, would you not?

I would consider it immoral and found things involving that in the bible that I would find rather harsh and immoral. Which is why my philosophy is different from the old Jewish belief. I also meant to say I would grow up in those conditions and be a hunter when i'm older. Of course a 4 or 5 year old isn't going to be witty or strong. But they can develop the desire.

And It should be moral if the leaders decide not to do anything for the poor and starving. Somebody can do something to help them. Those who choose not to are people I personally would like to see tortured because they torture others by ignoring their pleas for help.
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:24:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

You live in Louisiana?
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:34:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:09:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:04:47 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:58:44 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:37:44 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:34:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:54:23 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:31:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:52:04 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Okay, ill take a crack at it.

Why doesnt God reveal himself to everyone in a manner where everyone will know that he exists?

Irrational: Because we don't deserve to see him. It defeats the purpose of faith.

Rational: This is a good and common question. I don't know the exact answer because I can't speak for God. If I had some ideas, I think he does want us to rely on his existence by faith. I also believe that it would probably make things slow if we knew for sure. Like if you notice some Christians who pray and do nothing (like one of my acquantinces who dated a Pentecostal. Their car was stuck in a ditch or mud and while he pushed, she just stood by screaming "Pray to god and you can do anything through his power." It would result in a reliance of prayer since we know God exists and we lose the ability to do things ourselves.

The problem i have with this, is that all the answers that christians would suggest, fails in the light of reason, making it necessarily unreasonable to believe in.

With regards to how he wants us to believe by faith, how can one love or worship something that they dont even believe exists? Surely there is minimum level of information, necessary in order to determine how we feel about this entity. If its a matter of faith, then no, even the knowledge of the existance of God, would require faith. After all, you have clear examples of entities that have absolute knowledge, and have no doubt that God exists, and yet chooses not to worship.

Excellent points which is why this topic bothers me so much. I'm not sure why nonbelievers as well as believers have such a meaningless perspective on faith even though the scriptures are very clear, it's no wonder it's become such a joke which is why I made a forum topic dedicated to reveal it's purpose, not that anybody will read it lol.
Yes you are correct, faith really has nothing to do with believing in the existence of God and nowhere in the Bible is this found. If I had to guess whether or not the Christian God exists that would mean not only have I violated a number of fallacies and reason, but the whole Gospel has become of no affect (for me anyway). Faith was always applied to trust God for a particular outcome, it was never meant to serve as a crutch for reason and explanations.
Hebrews 11 is a good place to start to get a clear idea of what is true, but the verse below is to the point...

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I have nothing against the poster but I just wanted to point out that not all of us believe this way.

Okay, so do you have a reason as to why God doesnt just reveal himself to everyone in a manner that is obvious and is acknowledged by all that he exists?

I would only speculate sir, and I would consider that useless.

But the fact of the matter is, is that the scriptures says God reveals through spirit and this is something I believe to be true. I could draw conclusions as to why this would be but again it would be something that is not factual for you.

Well, no, since we have examples of God revealing himself through physical means. Everything from the burning bush, to Paul hearing an audible voice and a blinding light, to Thomas being shown the wounds and cuts and being able to touch them with his hands to confirm that Jesus was crucified, is necessarily, if you accept the veracity of the bible, physical events.

Yep good points, only it wasn't for the cause of converting the ones who saw, God had a purpose in it.

But even so, this still doesnt address the fact that it is still unreasonable to believe that God only reveals himself through spirit.

How is that unreasonable? It makes sense and the scriptures give this information.

BTW, even in scripture in cases where God revealed Himself in a physical manner, it still didn't change the heart of people, they still disobeyed and they still despised God, and this I believe would not change. If God revealed Himself today it would change nothing except cause mass hysteria, the people that don't love Him will still not love Him and I believe this to be part of the reason.

Just for your own reference Tkubok here is a direct verse in 1 Corinthians 2

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

If you get real bored read Romans chapter 8, it gives more insight as to why.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:39:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:24:51 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

You live in Louisiana?

Yes
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:40:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:39:27 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:24:51 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

You live in Louisiana?

Yes

What Parish? Is it in the northern or southern part of the State?
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:57:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:40:23 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:39:27 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:24:51 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

You live in Louisiana?

Yes

What Parish? Is it in the northern or southern part of the State?

Why do you want to know?
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 2:00:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:57:43 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:40:23 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:39:27 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:24:51 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

You live in Louisiana?

Yes

What Parish? Is it in the northern or southern part of the State?

Why do you want to know?

Because I'm a creepy stalker guy.

But seriously, I'm just curious. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 2:32:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:09:06 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:04:47 PM, tkubok wrote:
Well, no, since we have examples of God revealing himself through physical means. Everything from the burning bush, to Paul hearing an audible voice and a blinding light, to Thomas being shown the wounds and cuts and being able to touch them with his hands to confirm that Jesus was crucified, is necessarily, if you accept the veracity of the bible, physical events.

Yep good points, only it wasn't for the cause of converting the ones who saw, God had a purpose in it.

Well, id say in regards to paul, it kinda was.

But even if it wasnt, i mean, surely you agree that God has the power and ability to reveal himself in a way that everyone would believe and know that he exists, whether it be a physical, or spiritual revelation.


But even so, this still doesnt address the fact that it is still unreasonable to believe that God only reveals himself through spirit.

How is that unreasonable? It makes sense and the scriptures give this information.

Its unreasonable, because of the specific paradigm of christianity.

God has the active intent and desire for the love and worship of all human beings.

God has the power to, at the very least, reveal himself to demonstrate that he exists to everyone, in a way that he knows is indisputable.

God understands the human mind, understands the importance of evidence, reason, logic, and its relation to belief and justification.

God understands the basic necessary requirements in order to worship and love him.

Im sure you would agree with all those premises. And yet the conclusion is that God doesnt reveal himself to everyone. He does not provide actual reason and evidence. He doesnt provide a logical syllogism that is both valid and sound that demonstrates that God exists.

BTW, even in scripture in cases where God revealed Himself in a physical manner, it still didn't change the heart of people, they still disobeyed and they still despised God, and this I believe would not change. If God revealed Himself today it would change nothing except cause mass hysteria, the people that don't love Him will still not love Him and I believe this to be part of the reason.

Since the vast vast majority of people already believe in God, im not really sure why this would cause mass hysteria. Infact, the opposite would happen, it would reaffirm the beliefs of people who have claimed to know God exists. Were not talking about God revealing that a specific religion is true. Were talking about revealing that he exists.

But your basic argument here, is that the status quo wouldnt change. And i disagree.

Cleary, there would be no more atheists. Thats kind of a given. But I dont see how this isnt necessarily a positive step from the position of a God, or christians. I think we both agree that a necessary prerequisite to worshipping and loving God, is that you first need to believe he exists. So the knowledge that God exists, is a first step towards worshipping and loving him. And christians clearly acknowledge the importance of this, as arguments like the Kalam Cosmological argument, arent there to prove that a christian God exists and that we should worship and love him, but rather, that a god must exist.

I mean, everything about this would necessarily end in a positive light in regards to the perspective from God and christianity/christians.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 2:38:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 1:13:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:01:49 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:39:37 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:55:40 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

This isnt necessarily rational though, cause when you think about it, it really isnt fair at all. The fact that a child was born in the middle of the Uganda where his parents are so poor they can only afford to barely feed themselves, let alone their kid, from a christian perspective, necessarily is unfair when you consider the fact that God has a million different options to save that starving child.

And yeah, id consider a child, as Good.

Well like I said, sociology teaches us different regions means different moral views. Anyways, I agree that I think it's immoral for a child to live in that world. I pray about this situation at times. Personally, I would love to live in this condition because it will make me a hunter and strengthen my will and wits.

I dont think that a child of 4, 5, will be able to be a hunter and strengthen their wits. Infact, I dont know how old you are, but id say a person who is 20, 30, 40 years old has a far, far, far better chance of being a hunter and strengthening his will and wits than a 4, 5, 6 year old.

But this is something that has nothing to do with different regions and different moral views. A country that has a drought and its citizens starve because they cant grow any crops, has nothing to do with the morals of that country.

Certainly, you would agree with me in saying that if you see a 9 year old girl about to be raped, and you have the ability to prevent the rape, but stand by and do nothing, that would make you immoral, would you not?

I would consider it immoral and found things involving that in the bible that I would find rather harsh and immoral. Which is why my philosophy is different from the old Jewish belief.

So youve basically thrown out the old testament and ignored it, and created your own, personal, religion?

I also meant to say I would grow up in those conditions and be a hunter when i'm older. Of course a 4 or 5 year old isn't going to be witty or strong. But they can develop the desire.

Sure. But these starving children arent growing up to be hunters, because they are dying.

And It should be moral if the leaders decide not to do anything for the poor and starving. Somebody can do something to help them. Those who choose not to are people I personally would like to see tortured because they torture others by ignoring their pleas for help.

God is the ultimate leader, the highest authority, is he not. So you are saying that he is immoral?
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 2:53:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 2:38:24 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 1:13:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:01:49 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 8:39:37 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:55:40 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:44:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/11/2014 11:06:27 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Oh this'll be fun. By the way, you seem like a cool guy.

Why do good people die to natural disasters and diseases?

Rational: Bexause it's only natural and fair. Natural disasters and diseases are mediums or neutrals. They can't be blocked by an immunity called Good. Because then again, what is a good person? The definition is different in different cultures and societies. So I'm not sure what you mean by good people. I do know what you mean to a minimum. I have lost good people. I just know that they would not want me to dwell on them for too long and to move on with life.

This isnt necessarily rational though, cause when you think about it, it really isnt fair at all. The fact that a child was born in the middle of the Uganda where his parents are so poor they can only afford to barely feed themselves, let alone their kid, from a christian perspective, necessarily is unfair when you consider the fact that God has a million different options to save that starving child.

And yeah, id consider a child, as Good.

Well like I said, sociology teaches us different regions means different moral views. Anyways, I agree that I think it's immoral for a child to live in that world. I pray about this situation at times. Personally, I would love to live in this condition because it will make me a hunter and strengthen my will and wits.

I dont think that a child of 4, 5, will be able to be a hunter and strengthen their wits. Infact, I dont know how old you are, but id say a person who is 20, 30, 40 years old has a far, far, far better chance of being a hunter and strengthening his will and wits than a 4, 5, 6 year old.

But this is something that has nothing to do with different regions and different moral views. A country that has a drought and its citizens starve because they cant grow any crops, has nothing to do with the morals of that country.

Certainly, you would agree with me in saying that if you see a 9 year old girl about to be raped, and you have the ability to prevent the rape, but stand by and do nothing, that would make you immoral, would you not?

I would consider it immoral and found things involving that in the bible that I would find rather harsh and immoral. Which is why my philosophy is different from the old Jewish belief.

So youve basically thrown out the old testament and ignored it, and created your own, personal, religion?

I also meant to say I would grow up in those conditions and be a hunter when i'm older. Of course a 4 or 5 year old isn't going to be witty or strong. But they can develop the desire.

Sure. But these starving children arent growing up to be hunters, because they are dying.

And It should be moral if the leaders decide not to do anything for the poor and starving. Somebody can do something to help them. Those who choose not to are people I personally would like to see tortured because they torture others by ignoring their pleas for help.

God is the ultimate leader, the highest authority, is he not. So you are saying that he is immoral?

I'm not saying God isn't doing anything. The whole phrase of God works through us means we have to decide on the job to help them. God made enough people that can feed the others. I can't do nothing at the moment because i'm in college, live with my folks, and don't have a well paying job yet. But if I had spare money, I would not just give it to charities, i'd pay for a plane and go feed and care for them myself.

And well the starving children who can't be strong enough to survive, I guess that's part of natural selection now isn't it?

I'm not creating my own religion. The laws in levitucus about homosexuality, shrimp, and etc. are aimed at Moses and the people he freed because they were starting a new nation and God was giving a set of laws that would make them different from the others. Most Christians or some fail to see this, but if you read the beginning of Leviticus 18, you'll see where it starts. Most of the books of the bible that have Moses in it, will only talk to Moses and his people. Not the Christians.
Rastarigate
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 3:26:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Why did God use a written method to record his revelation, which can be changed and altered, lost, replaced etc, when he could have easily written his communications in a 100% tamper proof way?

Like:
1. New messages every day written in the sky or stars?

2. "Beam" down books to humans, using an unidentifiable/indestructible material, written in a language that we could read, but surprisingly humans could never write or change?

3. Beam his revelation directly into our brains, so everyone has the same exact communication?

4. Just show up to everyone at once and talk to us directly?

I.e. Why can I think of better ways to communicate than him/her/it?
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 8:16:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 3:26:02 PM, Rastarigate wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

Why did God use a written method to record his revelation, which can be changed and altered, lost, replaced etc, when he could have easily written his communications in a 100% tamper proof way?

Like:
1. New messages every day written in the sky or stars?

2. "Beam" down books to humans, using an unidentifiable/indestructible material, written in a language that we could read, but surprisingly humans could never write or change?

3. Beam his revelation directly into our brains, so everyone has the same exact communication?

4. Just show up to everyone at once and talk to us directly?

I.e. Why can I think of better ways to communicate than him/her/it?

Rational: No idea. I'm not God and can't speak for him on that type of thing. To me, it's the only idea I could think of. Sure, he could speak, but then think of it. If he told everybody alive now, excluding the babies and newborns and ones in the womb, what is the chance that the next generations would believe you?

Irrational: Because he chose to. Don't question God's methods. They are perfectly just.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 9:06:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 8:23:31 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/12/2014 12:51:15 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/11/2014 10:37:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So I want to do an ask questions and i'll answer them thing, but for a twist, I want to be my rational real self and then I want to also post as the fundamentalist and conservative Christians that I get surrounded by in Louisiana. So whenever your ready, ask away.

What is God to you ?

Irrational: God is the ruler of Earth and you need to obey him!

Do you have any evidence of his rulership?
How can I obey him when he never tells me to do anything?

Rational: If your referring to the Judeo-Christian God, then he's one who is named what he is instead if having a name like Zeus, Thor or Appollo. The Christian version seems more fair to me and I personally like him better than the others. I'm not saying "because its true."

Are you referring to the concept of God being "I AM that I AM"?
Zeus can also claim "I AM that I AM." So can Apollo or any other mythical god.
Any real object living or dead can also claim "I AM that I AM"
They would all be telling the 100% truth.
None are more fair or truthful than any other in claiming I AM that I AM.

Irrational: But it is a 100% fact Rational fact!

What is 100% fact? That you like the Christian version of God more than any other myth?

Rational: Shut up me. God is as much as a theory as the other gods. But the only problem about the theories, they don't come true until you die and see if your afterlife is true. Some believe this is ludicrous thinking and you should live a life without wasting time. I however would love to have faith in everything spiritual and use evidence on the material.

I agree that all gods are mythical including the Christian God.
Myths are not true in the first place. They are not going to come true or become a reality after you die either.
The afterlife is not the life you live after you die. It is the life that the living continue to live after you die. The dead do not continue to live. They remain dead and see and know nothing.
The living have awareness. The dead do not.
Having faith in a fantasy is a childish type of faith. It is the same kind of faith a child has in Santa.
It is up to the adult to make the childs dreams come true because the child has no clue how to do it. Adults however can make their own dreams come true if they work at making them come true, not if they just keep day dreaming and praying to their invisible friend to make their dreams come true.