Jump to topic:

Dear Creationists and evolutionists alike

legal-egal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 4:18:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would like in the most sincere and nicest way possible your best proof that your idea is better than the other. Neither has been proven, so this is a more or less level playing field. If your evidence is good enough then I will take that belief as my own, whether it be Science, Christianity, Islam or anything else. Religion, no religious metalanguage as that is not proof.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 4:30:34 AM
At 6/14/2014 4:18:17 AM, legal-egal wrote:
I would like in the most sincere and nicest way possible your best proof that your idea is better than the other. Neither has been proven, so this is a more or less level playing field. If your evidence is good enough then I will take that belief as my own, whether it be Science, Christianity, Islam or anything else. Religion, no religious metalanguage as that is not proof.

Creationism is proof of evolution:

http://calamitiesofnature.com...

The stronger ideas survive better, and the weaker ones are quickly killed off.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 9:17:32 AM
Evolution is just change in allele frequency in a population over time. This can be observed by anyone at any time. This is the fact of evolution. The theory of evolution is an explanation for why allele frequencies change: mutations cause changes to alleles, alleles cause individuals to become more or less suited to their environment, which translates to reproductive advantages, which means beneficial alleles persist. Basically, an organism survives because of its traits, and an organism that is more likely to survive is more likely to reproduce, so those traits that improve survival are more likely to spread throughout a population. That's it, and I think the folks who might take issue with any of that are a very tiny minority (at least in the developed world).

The real contention comes from the conclusions that are drawn from the theory and the scientific observations associated with it. As a species evolves, its members can become separated and adapt separately. This can happen to the point where each group is so different that it would no longer be reasonable to consider them all as members of the same species. The fossil record shows physical adaptations on a large time scale. DNA evidence, such as endogenous retroviral sequences, show a relationship between all living organisms. And the evolution of major traits, such as multicelluarity, has been observed on multiple occasions. The reasonable conclusion of all of this is that life began on Earth as a very simple organism, and that organism's descendants evolved over billions of years into the diverse life that now exists on this planet.