Total Posts:124|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Miracles, God and the Bible

mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:42:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For the purpose of discussing the existence of miracles and God and the veracity of the Bible.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For other viewers, this discussion is continued from:http://www.debate.org...

SamStevens,

First of all you are assuming that God is ignoring them. God is not ignoring them. He does answer their prayers too, but God doesn't like to show off, he doesn't answer in ways that go across the news, but in ways that influence one person at a time. But again, taking care of the starving is the Church's responsibility.

As to the examples we have discussed back and forth, I can't give you enough evidence to convince you beyond a shadow of a doubt. No matter what I bring up, you will not be satisfied because I have no control over when a miracle happens and how it is performed.
You are perfectly welcome to pray to the flying spaghetti monster if you like, and if you see results, let me know.

I have told you that I have prayed to God and I have seen results. You do not accept those results as valid, so I honestly don't know what you want from me.

You want me to prove God's existence. Before I do, please tell me what sort of proof, if any, you will accept. I will then do my best to accommodate.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
For other viewers, this discussion is continued from:http://www.debate.org...

SamStevens,

First of all you are assuming that God is ignoring them. God is not ignoring them. He does answer their prayers too, but God doesn't like to show off, he doesn't answer in ways that go across the news, but in ways that influence one person at a time. But again, taking care of the starving is the Church's responsibility.

As to the examples we have discussed back and forth, I can't give you enough evidence to convince you beyond a shadow of a doubt. No matter what I bring up, you will not be satisfied because I have no control over when a miracle happens and how it is performed.
You are perfectly welcome to pray to the flying spaghetti monster if you like, and if you see results, let me know.

I have told you that I have prayed to God and I have seen results. You do not accept those results as valid, so I honestly don't know what you want from me.

You want me to prove God's existence. Before I do, please tell me what sort of proof, if any, you will accept. I will then do my best to accommodate.

When you say god is not ignoring them, what answer does he give to people who pray every day, for example, a family praying that their baby will survive even though it dies? Is he denying their request to have their baby live? If not, what is the answer that he gave them?

With me being satisfied, there is still a lot of variables in your examples that are not even addressed. Your example with the girl and the crutches; the injury the girl had would dictate how much she uses a crutch. Also, the use of a crutch would depend also on the person's pain tolerance. So to say a prayer made the girl walk with out the crutches( for an unspecified amount of time) is a leap in logic.

I could say I seen a man with a back brace on. With out knowing the type of injury he had or his medical conditions, I pray for him for his body to return back to good health. The next day, by chance I see the same guy with out the brace. Does that mean my prayers did any thing?

In regards to the type 1 diabetic, according to: http://www.Joslin.Org...-

"It would be a mistake to assume that the diabetes has gone away, however. "
"But the process that has destroyed 90 percent of the insulin-producing cells will ultimately destroy the remaining insulin-producing cells. And as that destruction continues, the amount of injected insulin the patient needs will increase " and ultimately the patient will be totally dependent on insulin injections."

diabetes never goes away. Your symptoms may be suppressed for a certain amount of time, but you will never be healed.

Also, with the Todd white guy, there were no measurements of the leg compared to the other leg before and after he performed the treatment. The volunteer's medical background is obscure. It is also physically possible to have one's leg up higher than the other one while keeping a straight knee. The treatments involving the knee pain, wrist pain, and shoulder pain can all be affected by the placebo effect which has not been ruled out.

You have also mentioned in the comment section that a girl's legs grew back. The problem is that it only featured a very vague picture of her, which is basically her standing in the distance with poor visual quality. She is basically a shadow, the sun is behind her. There are no before and after pictures. They mentioned scientists, but did not list their name nor their credentials. Also, through further research, I have not found her or any other case like it. Surely if her legs grew back, scientists would be all over it. There would be media coverage. The article was also written on April 1st, so that raises an eyebrow.

In addition, multiple trials would have to be conducted to see if prayer. Also, they have done studies to see if praying actually does benefit the individual: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

What I have noticed is that people are quick to claim god answered their prayers if the desired outcome happens. This video goes further into detail:
https://www.youtube.com...

Also, you mentioned that the points covered in this video, https://www.youtube.com..., are taken out of context. Well in what context does god give some one a pay raise but lets kids suffer in Africa. In what context does god give some one "treatment of a kidney stone" yet does not give an amputee a full limb back.

I used the flying spaghetti monster as an example. Sooner or later you will pray for something and that will happen. It is chance. I can pray that my Madagascar hissing cockroach will not die today, and if he does not die, the flying spaghetti monster exists since that is the desired result I prayed for, right?

On god's existence: How do you know god exists in general? Is it based on feelings/emotions, evidence,or is it a god of the gaps argument?How do you know your god is the right one? There are literally 100's of gods out their. Why believe in the christian god? Why not Zeus? Why not an Aztec corn god? What about African gods?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 12:14:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:


When you say god is not ignoring them, what answer does he give to people who pray every day, for example, a family praying that their baby will survive even though it dies? Is he denying their request to have their baby live? If not, what is the answer that he gave them?
It would be untrue if I said I knew exactly why God did this or that. When I don't see a prayer answered, I have to go back to what I know is true about God. He loves everyone, whether they believe in him or not. People die because there is evil in the world, and it is heart breaking. I know that God will work out such a tragedy into a good thing eventually. I also know that he is not ignoring them because there has been an outbreak of miracles and signs in Africa especially. I have heard stories of people being raised from the dead over there and more. We don't have the whole picture, so it is easy for you and I to put God on trial. But that is not right. He is the creator, we are the creation.

With me being satisfied, there is still a lot of variables in your examples that are not even addressed. Your example with the girl and the crutches; the injury the girl had would dictate how much she uses a crutch. Also, the use of a crutch would depend also on the person's pain tolerance. So to say a prayer made the girl walk with out the crutches( for an unspecified amount of time) is a leap in logic.
She could not walk without crutches because she was in so much pain. Within five minutes, she didn't need them.

I could say I seen a man with a back brace on. With out knowing the type of injury he had or his medical conditions, I pray for him for his body to return back to good health. The next day, by chance I see the same guy with out the brace. Does that mean my prayers did any thing?
This does not apply because I specifically asked her what was wrong.

In regards to the type 1 diabetic, according to: http://www.Joslin.Org...-

"It would be a mistake to assume that the diabetes has gone away, however. "
"But the process that has destroyed 90 percent of the insulin-producing cells will ultimately destroy the remaining insulin-producing cells. And as that destruction continues, the amount of injected insulin the patient needs will increase " and ultimately the patient will be totally dependent on insulin injections."

diabetes never goes away. Your symptoms may be suppressed for a certain amount of time, but you will never be healed.
I am a diabetic. I know that. But, supernaturally it is possible, whether you believe it or not.

Also, with the Todd white guy, there were no measurements of the leg compared to the other leg before and after he performed the treatment. The volunteer's medical background is obscure. It is also physically possible to have one's leg up higher than the other one while keeping a straight knee. The treatments involving the knee pain, wrist pain, and shoulder pain can all be affected by the placebo effect which has not been ruled out.
How much have you looked into Todd White? Why would he want to fool you?

You have also mentioned in the comment section that a girl's legs grew back. The problem is that it only featured a very vague picture of her, which is basically her standing in the distance with poor visual quality.



I admit there are very few credible examples of amputee healings. However, going off the little I know of God, he wants them to be healed as much as he wants any other person to be healed.

In addition, multiple trials would have to be conducted to see if prayer. Also, they have done studies to see if praying actually does benefit the individual: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

My personal experience does not agree with these studies.
What I have noticed is that people are quick to claim god answered their prayers if the desired outcome happens. This video goes further into detail:
https://www.youtube.com...
I actually do not agree with the "yes, no and wait" example. The Bible says that all promises are "Yes" in Christ and we have to give the "amen."
I was able to watch most of the video. I don't really like the way this guy talks about my beliefs. I view it as direct disrespect to God.


Also, you mentioned that the points covered in this video, https://www.youtube.com..., are taken out of context. Well in what context does god give some one a pay raise but lets kids suffer in Africa. In what context does god give some one "treatment of a kidney stone" yet does not give an amputee a full limb back

God answering one prayer does not exclude his answering of other prayers. Also, you are putting GOD not me on trial. You are judging God for the state of the world.
When I said that the points were out of context, I was mostly referring to the killing innocent people argument.

I used the flying spaghetti monster as an example. Sooner or later you will pray for something and that will happen. It is chance. I can pray that my Madagascar hissing cockroach will not die today, and if he does not die, the flying spaghetti monster exists since that is the desired result I prayed for, right?
No.

On god's existence: How do you know god exists in general? Is it based on feelings/emotions, evidence,or is it a god of the gaps argument?How do you know your god is the right one? There are literally 100's of gods out their. Why believe in the christian god? Why not Zeus? Why not an Aztec corn god? What about African gods?

I don't think I can answer whether God exists to you sufficiently at this time. There are multiple arguments I could bring in, but it is late.

My arguments and evidence will never be enough for you since you seem to want to have so much evidence that you are forced to one conclusion or another. God doesn't work that way.

I have been praying about this, and I would like to tell you something.
You are the type of person who really wants to do right. You do everything you can to follow the law and behave in a way that will not bring dishonor in your family.
You have had someone in your life let you down pretty seriously; they betrayed you and you never quite got over it.
I keep feeling like God says that you are afraid, afraid to do something important, and you feel like a coward. He says you're full to the brim with turmoil and it is eating you alive. He wants to give you peace, if you will let him.

Pardon me if it is extremely off target. I'm just an illogical Christian! ;)

I will try to address God's existence tomorrow afternoon.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 5:24:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

God doesnt talk to poeple freely. sorry but many different christains claim the same thing, To prophets we can understand but the others? nop.
Never fart near dog
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 12:55:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 12:14:44 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:


When you say god is not ignoring them, what answer does he give to people who pray every day, for example, a family praying that their baby will survive even though it dies? Is he denying their request to have their baby live? If not, what is the answer that he gave them?
It would be untrue if I said I knew exactly why God did this or that. When I don't see a prayer answered, I have to go back to what I know is true about God. He loves everyone, whether they believe in him or not. People die because there is evil in the world, and it is heart breaking. I know that God will work out such a tragedy into a good thing eventually. I also know that he is not ignoring them because there has been an outbreak of miracles and signs in Africa especially. I have heard stories of people being raised from the dead over there and more. We don't have the whole picture, so it is easy for you and I to put God on trial. But that is not right. He is the creator, we are the creation.

With me being satisfied, there is still a lot of variables in your examples that are not even addressed. Your example with the girl and the crutches; the injury the girl had would dictate how much she uses a crutch. Also, the use of a crutch would depend also on the person's pain tolerance. So to say a prayer made the girl walk with out the crutches( for an unspecified amount of time) is a leap in logic.
She could not walk without crutches because she was in so much pain. Within five minutes, she didn't need them.

I could say I seen a man with a back brace on. With out knowing the type of injury he had or his medical conditions, I pray for him for his body to return back to good health. The next day, by chance I see the same guy with out the brace. Does that mean my prayers did any thing?
This does not apply because I specifically asked her what was wrong.

In regards to the type 1 diabetic, according to: http://www.Joslin.Org...-

"It would be a mistake to assume that the diabetes has gone away, however. "
"But the process that has destroyed 90 percent of the insulin-producing cells will ultimately destroy the remaining insulin-producing cells. And as that destruction continues, the amount of injected insulin the patient needs will increase " and ultimately the patient will be totally dependent on insulin injections."

diabetes never goes away. Your symptoms may be suppressed for a certain amount of time, but you will never be healed.
I am a diabetic. I know that. But, supernaturally it is possible, whether you believe it or not.

Also, with the Todd white guy, there were no measurements of the leg compared to the other leg before and after he performed the treatment. The volunteer's medical background is obscure. It is also physically possible to have one's leg up higher than the other one while keeping a straight knee. The treatments involving the knee pain, wrist pain, and shoulder pain can all be affected by the placebo effect which has not been ruled out.
How much have you looked into Todd White? Why would he want to fool you?

You have also mentioned in the comment section that a girl's legs grew back. The problem is that it only featured a very vague picture of her, which is basically her standing in the distance with poor visual quality.



I admit there are very few credible examples of amputee healings. However, going off the little I know of God, he wants them to be healed as much as he wants any other person to be healed.

In addition, multiple trials would have to be conducted to see if prayer. Also, they have done studies to see if praying actually does benefit the individual: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

My personal experience does not agree with these studies.
What I have noticed is that people are quick to claim god answered their prayers if the desired outcome happens. This video goes further into detail:
https://www.youtube.com...
I actually do not agree with the "yes, no and wait" example. The Bible says that all promises are "Yes" in Christ and we have to give the "amen."
I was able to watch most of the video. I don't really like the way this guy talks about my beliefs. I view it as direct disrespect to God.


Also, you mentioned that the points covered in this video, https://www.youtube.com..., are taken out of context. Well in what context does god give some one a pay raise but lets kids suffer in Africa. In what context does god give some one "treatment of a kidney stone" yet does not give an amputee a full limb back

God answering one prayer does not exclude his answering of other prayers. Also, you are putting GOD not me on trial. You are judging God for the state of the world.
When I said that the points were out of context, I was mostly referring to the killing innocent people argument.

I used the flying spaghetti monster as an example. Sooner or later you will pray for something and that will happen. It is chance. I can pray that my Madagascar hissing cockroach will not die today, and if he does not die, the flying spaghetti monster exists since that is the desired result I prayed for, right?
No.

On god's existence: How do you know god exists in general? Is it based on feelings/emotions, evidence,or is it a god of the gaps argument?How do you know your god is the right one? There are literally 100's of gods out their. Why believe in the christian god? Why not Zeus? Why not an Aztec corn god? What about African gods?

I don't think I can answer whether God exists to you sufficiently at this time. There are multiple arguments I could bring in, but it is late.

My arguments and evidence will never be enough for you since you seem to want to have so much evidence that you are forced to one conclusion or another. God doesn't work that way.

I have been praying about this, and I would like to tell you something.
You are the type of person who really wants to do right. You do everything you can to follow the law and behave in a way that will not bring dishonor in your family.
You have had someone in your life let you down pretty seriously; they betrayed you and you never quite got over it.
I keep feeling like God says that you are afraid, afraid to do something important, and you feel like a coward. He says you're full to the brim with turmoil and it is eating you alive. He wants to give you peace, if you will let him.

Pardon me if it is extremely off target. I'm just an illogical Christian! ;)

I will try to address God's existence tomorrow afternoon.

I think you are adding to the girl with the crutches example because you did not state in the comments that you specifically asked her. It reads the following "I prayed for her and I saw her a few minutes later walking down the aisles with her crutches lifted in the air instead of using them as before. I say this not to say that I am a great healer, but that I have seen evidence that GOD is a great healer." So which one is it?

"I have heard stories of people being raised from the dead over there and more."

Examples? And do not cite Jesus. I am talking about examples in the modern era where cameras and video evidence is possible. I find it suspicious that all of these alleged miracles suddenly don't happen today when there are actual cameras to record such activities.

" I am a diabetic. I know that. But, supernaturally it is possible, whether you believe it or not."

Diabetes is physical, not supernatural. This is about a type 1 diabetic being healed physically, which so far is impossible.

I hit the character limit.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 1:10:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
continued:

"God answering one prayer does not exclude his answering of other prayers. Also, you are putting GOD not me on trial. You are judging God for the state of the world.
When I said that the points were out of context, I was mostly referring to the killing innocent people argument."

Well there seems to be a great deal of cherry picking. God can remove a kidney stone, but can't restore a limb.

"I have been praying about this, and I would like to tell you something.
You are the type of person who really wants to do right. You do everything you can to follow the law and behave in a way that will not bring dishonor in your family.
You have had someone in your life let you down pretty seriously; they betrayed you and you never quite got over it.
I keep feeling like God says that you are afraid, afraid to do something important, and you feel like a coward. He says you're full to the brim with turmoil and it is eating you alive. He wants to give you peace, if you will let him."

I have never been let down to the point where I never got over it. I really don't sense any thing is eating me alive besides entropy, which is my body gradually decaying until I am a stiff on the ground. Other than that, no. I say I am pretty good at following the law and the rules/regulations that are enforced at an educational establishment I attend. I really don't follow any moral law since I partake in the death of insects(flies, paper wasps) in my grandmothers back yard.

"My arguments and evidence will never be enough for you since you seem to want to have so much evidence that you are forced to one conclusion or another. God doesn't work that way."

*"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 1:17:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Pardon me if it is extremely off target. I'm just an illogical Christian! ;)"

If that is the title you want to give your self, then be my guest.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 1:38:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yesterday I was fishin' down the creek and I caught me a bass, well don't it damn all but that bass jumped off my hook, turned into a monkey and jumped into the trees and disappeared.

I'm claiming a miracle happened. Whatcha think?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 4:18:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 1:38:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
Yesterday I was fishin' down the creek and I caught me a bass, well don't it damn all but that bass jumped off my hook, turned into a monkey and jumped into the trees and disappeared.

I'm claiming a miracle happened. Whatcha think?

I really don't know if it is possible for an animal go under go a change like that. Its skeletal, nervous, digestive, reproductive, respiratory, and sensory systems would have to under massive change to turn into a primate.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 7:28:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 12:55:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:14:44 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:




I think you are adding to the girl with the crutches example because you did not state in the comments that you specifically asked her. It reads the following "I prayed for her and I saw her a few minutes later walking down the aisles with her crutches lifted in the air instead of using them as before. I say this not to say that I am a great healer, but that I have seen evidence that GOD is a great healer." So which one is it?
I saw her limping with the crutches in Walmart. When I prayed for her I asked what was wrong so I could know what to pray for. She said she had hurt her foot and it hurt to put weight on it. After I prayed, I left her and saw her five minutes later from about 20 feet away with her crutches in the air.
Yes, I am adding more detail from originally stating it because I just wanted to give the rough out line of it at that time. However, you seem to desire greater detail, so I'm doing my best to oblige. I am not inflating my story knowingly. I am doing my best to portray it as accurately as possible.

"I have heard stories of people being raised from the dead over there and more."


Examples? And do not cite Jesus. I am talking about examples in the modern era where cameras and video evidence is possible. I find it suspicious that all of these alleged miracles suddenly don't happen today when there are actual cameras to record such activities.
You won't like these and will call them shady, but here you go!


" I am a diabetic. I know that. But, supernaturally it is possible, whether you believe it or not."

Diabetes is physical, not supernatural. This is abou
The supernatural effects the physical.

We are having someone over for dinner, so I will try to get back to you tonight, but I can't promise it. I'll be back as soon as possible.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 8:00:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 7:28:46 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:55:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:14:44 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:




I think you are adding to the girl with the crutches example because you did not state in the comments that you specifically asked her. It reads the following "I prayed for her and I saw her a few minutes later walking down the aisles with her crutches lifted in the air instead of using them as before. I say this not to say that I am a great healer, but that I have seen evidence that GOD is a great healer." So which one is it?
I saw her limping with the crutches in Walmart. When I prayed for her I asked what was wrong so I could know what to pray for. She said she had hurt her foot and it hurt to put weight on it. After I prayed, I left her and saw her five minutes later from about 20 feet away with her crutches in the air.
Yes, I am adding more detail from originally stating it because I just wanted to give the rough out line of it at that time. However, you seem to desire greater detail, so I'm doing my best to oblige. I am not inflating my story knowingly. I am doing my best to portray it as accurately as possible.

"I have heard stories of people being raised from the dead over there and more."


Examples? And do not cite Jesus. I am talking about examples in the modern era where cameras and video evidence is possible. I find it suspicious that all of these alleged miracles suddenly don't happen today when there are actual cameras to record such activities.
You won't like these and will call them shady, but here you go!



" I am a diabetic. I know that. But, supernaturally it is possible, whether you believe it or not."

Diabetes is physical, not supernatural. This is abou
The supernatural effects the physical.

We are having someone over for dinner, so I will try to get back to you tonight, but I can't promise it. I'll be back as soon as possible.

In regards to the first video, he was dead for a day +/- since they could not bury him on Friday. The problem arises when the body has been dead for that long. Both blood circulation and respiratory is critical, and the last time I checked, dead people do not perform such activities.

The problem arises since the brain needs oxygen and blood. If it is not supplied, you end up losing brain cells which are not replaced. After 3 minutes, damage starts to set in. This goes into deeper detail: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Either he was not really dead, or something is awry.

Also, being dead for 12 hours has the same problem as with the first video, the brain starts to suffer damage at approx. 3 minutes.

Also, it is not that I do not like the videos, it is just that they go against the well established facts of body decay. A person would be a vegetable if the survived a day long death due to brain damage, especially in Africa.
"The supernatural effects the physical."

Since the supernatural was brought up, does that mean you believe in ghosts and things of that nature?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 11:52:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 5:24:25 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

God doesnt talk to poeple freely. sorry but many different christains claim the same thing, To prophets we can understand but the others? nop.
The reason why is we are talking about different gods. I am a Christian, your profile says you are a Muslim. The Christian God talks directly to all of his people if they will listen.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 12:26:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 8:00:40 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 7:28:46 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:55:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:14:44 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:




In regards to the first video, he was dead for a day +/- since they could not bury him on Friday. The problem arises when the body has been dead for that long. Both blood circulation and respiratory is critical, and the last time I checked, dead people do not perform such activities.

The problem arises since the brain needs oxygen and blood. If it is not supplied, you end up losing brain cells which are not replaced. After 3 minutes, damage starts to set in. This goes into deeper detail: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Either he was not really dead, or something is awry.

Also, being dead for 12 hours has the same problem as with the first video, the brain starts to suffer damage at approx. 3 minutes.

Also, it is not that I do not like the videos, it is just that they go against the well established facts of body decay. A person would be a vegetable if the survived a day long death due to brain damage, especially in Africa.
God is not only capable of raising the dead, he is capable of raising the dead into good health. "Heaven is for real" is a story of a boy who died during surgery and came back to life, perfectly fine.
"The supernatural effects the physical."

Since the supernatural was brought up, does that mean you believe in ghosts and things of that nature?
I do not believe ghosts are the spirits of dead people. I believe they are demons impersonating the spirits of people. If you look at the type of activities they do, it strongly matches the description of how demons behave from the Bible. We can go into this more if you want later.

I believe God is omnipotent, all powerful. He is capable of doing anything. There are many theories floating around about why we don't always see healing.
I told you before about how I don't agree with the "yes, no and wait" idea that is very popular. In 2 Corinthians 1:20 it says: "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God."
This tells me that God always answers yes. But we have to say the "Amen" and agree with it. In order to do that we need to be in the place God wants us to be in him, so that we are in agreement with him. That way, the interference will not get in the way. I can explain this later if you like.
So I believe that if we pray for a child and he or she dies, it wasn't because God said no, or God couldn't, we had interference in the way. God certainly could power-blast through it, but he wants to honor our free-will.

You asked me how I know God exists. This is a really difficult question because God reveals himself in so many different ways. I believe he exists in a similar way that I believe you exist. I see God's handiwork in the world around me in detail that an explosion could not make, I hear his voice giving me wisdom, see his power in the miracles I have witnessed, and see the accuracy of his scriptures.
There are many proofs of God's existence.
(http://christiananswers.net...)
Imagine you are all alone on a deserted island. Suddenly you see something in the sand and you see the word "Smile!" written there. You would immediately know you weren't alone. DNA contains thousands of minute messages that had to come from somewhere. All messages come from an intelligent mind.
This is an interesting movie if you can spare the time:
http://www.evolutiondemolition.info...
It is well done, and it's free.
It is late, so I will now sign off. I hope I have helped somewhat.
By the way, I like your Richard Dawkins quote on your profile. I never thought I would agree with him, but I do on that one subject.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
dattaswami
Posts: 322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 12:38:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Creation of Life (God " Scientist)

When the energy, which is another form of matter, only does a special function, that special function or special mechanism or special technology is called as life. Thus, life is the special work of energy. The scientist is unable to make the energy to do this special work. The scientist is unable to know this special mechanism. Thus life is a special know-how or the knowledge of special technology. Since knowledge is power, the life can be called as special power.

Let Me give you an example. A cook prepared a curry. With the same materials another cook prepared the same curry but with additional taste. This special taste is the life. The taste is not the extra material, which is hidden in the hand of second cook. The taste is only a special knowledge or talent of the second cook. The first cook is scientist and the second cook is God. God does not reveal this one special technology to human beings because the human being always wants to become God due to his inherent egoism and jealousy. Thus God saved the human being from its fall. One should constantly remember this point and constantly surrender to God.

At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:

On god's existence: How do you know god exists in general? Is it based on feelings/emotions, evidence,or is it a god of the gaps argument?How do you know your god is the right one? There are literally 100's of gods out their. Why believe in the christian god? Why not Zeus? Why not an Aztec corn god? What about African gods?
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 1:22:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 12:26:47 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 8:00:40 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 7:28:46 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:55:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:14:44 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/17/2014 10:22:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/17/2014 9:14:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:




In regards to the first video, he was dead for a day +/- since they could not bury him on Friday. The problem arises when the body has been dead for that long. Both blood circulation and respiratory is critical, and the last time I checked, dead people do not perform such activities.

The problem arises since the brain needs oxygen and blood. If it is not supplied, you end up losing brain cells which are not replaced. After 3 minutes, damage starts to set in. This goes into deeper detail: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Either he was not really dead, or something is awry.

Also, being dead for 12 hours has the same problem as with the first video, the brain starts to suffer damage at approx. 3 minutes.

Also, it is not that I do not like the videos, it is just that they go against the well established facts of body decay. A person would be a vegetable if the survived a day long death due to brain damage, especially in Africa.
God is not only capable of raising the dead, he is capable of raising the dead into good health. "Heaven is for real" is a story of a boy who died during surgery and came back to life, perfectly fine.
"The supernatural effects the physical."

Since the supernatural was brought up, does that mean you believe in ghosts and things of that nature?
I do not believe ghosts are the spirits of dead people. I believe they are demons impersonating the spirits of people. If you look at the type of activities they do, it strongly matches the description of how demons behave from the Bible. We can go into this more if you want later.

I believe God is omnipotent, all powerful. He is capable of doing anything. There are many theories floating around about why we don't always see healing.
I told you before about how I don't agree with the "yes, no and wait" idea that is very popular. In 2 Corinthians 1:20 it says: "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God."
This tells me that God always answers yes. But we have to say the "Amen" and agree with it. In order to do that we need to be in the place God wants us to be in him, so that we are in agreement with him. That way, the interference will not get in the way. I can explain this later if you like.
So I believe that if we pray for a child and he or she dies, it wasn't because God said no, or God couldn't, we had interference in the way. God certainly could power-blast through it, but he wants to honor our free-will.

You asked me how I know God exists. This is a really difficult question because God reveals himself in so many different ways. I believe he exists in a similar way that I believe you exist. I see God's handiwork in the world around me in detail that an explosion could not make, I hear his voice giving me wisdom, see his power in the miracles I have witnessed, and see the accuracy of his scriptures.
There are many proofs of God's existence.
(http://christiananswers.net...)
Imagine you are all alone on a deserted island. Suddenly you see something in the sand and you see the word "Smile!" written there. You would immediately know you weren't alone. DNA contains thousands of minute messages that had to come from somewhere. All messages come from an intelligent mind.
This is an interesting movie if you can spare the time:
http://www.evolutiondemolition.info...
It is well done, and it's free.
It is late, so I will now sign off. I hope I have helped somewhat.
By the way, I like your Richard Dawkins quote on your profile. I never thought I would agree with him, but I do on that one subject.

"God is not only capable of raising the dead, he is capable of raising the dead into good health. "

That would violate entropy, the gradual disorder of things. Entropy affects both living and non living matter.

In regards to your 1st link, here is a video of Richard Dawkins and John Lennox in which they discuss that topic: https://www.youtube.com...

"Imagine you are all alone on a deserted island. Suddenly you see something in the sand and you see the word "Smile!""

I would question my mental sanity, after all, I am stranded on a island. The movie Cast Away is a good example since he has conversations with a soccer ball.

" He is capable of doing anything."

Does that mean that god can create a rock so heavy that not even he can lift it? But if he can do anything, he should be able to lift it. If he can lift it, that means he can't create a rock which is heavy enough for hi not to be able to lift it.

I regards to your 2nd video, scientists can accurately date fossils using a variety of technique. One method is measuring how old an igneous rock near the fossil. Another method is uranium dating and carbon dating. Also, Darwin's finches are a prime example of evolution. Each finch evolved its own beak for different diets. DNA also shows evolution. It mentioned that evolution is unscientific. I find that strange suggesting there are a variety of disciplines of science that back up evolution like morphology, forensic science, biology, etc. A LOT of those arguments can be dismissed by a good, up to date biology/paleontology text book.

Also, continental drift proves that the earth is not young. It takes hundreds of millions of years to get from Pangaea to the current continental positions.

Here is a good video explaining why evolution is true. FYI, the host, Jerry Coyne, has an arrogant attitude, which, depending on the viewer, can be justified. :https://www.youtube.com...

"DNA contains thousands of minute messages that had to come from somewhere. All messages come from an intelligent mind."

Well, if you take it a face value, then yes, it gives the appearance of being designed.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 1:31:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, in the second video when the guy talks about genetic mutations being damaging, here is a video in which prof. Steve Jones explains how a mutation can be beneficial by using a poker analogy. It is at 7:52.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 1:34:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is the link to where steve jones gives the talks about beneficial mutations:https://www.youtube.com....
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:12:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 1:38:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
Yesterday I was fishin' down the creek and I caught me a bass, well don't it damn all but that bass jumped off my hook, turned into a monkey and jumped into the trees and disappeared.

I'm claiming a miracle happened. Whatcha think?

I think you are hilarious.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:17:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

Can you ask God why he let down the Christian family who prayed for their son to live and he still died ?
If a family begged you through tears to save their son from a life threatening disease, would you still let him die or heal him of the disease?
The doctors would have healed him if they could but they couldn't. Obviously neither could God in spite of all the tears and begging of the believers who believed God could heal people.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:21:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 4:18:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 1:38:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
Yesterday I was fishin' down the creek and I caught me a bass, well don't it damn all but that bass jumped off my hook, turned into a monkey and jumped into the trees and disappeared.

I'm claiming a miracle happened. Whatcha think?

I really don't know if it is possible for an animal go under go a change like that. Its skeletal, nervous, digestive, reproductive, respiratory, and sensory systems would have to under massive change to turn into a primate.

It's called evolution.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:43:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 2:21:19 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/18/2014 4:18:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 1:38:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
Yesterday I was fishin' down the creek and I caught me a bass, well don't it damn all but that bass jumped off my hook, turned into a monkey and jumped into the trees and disappeared.

I'm claiming a miracle happened. Whatcha think?

I really don't know if it is possible for an animal go under go a change like that. Its skeletal, nervous, digestive, reproductive, respiratory, and sensory systems would have to under massive change to turn into a primate.

It's called evolution.

True, but how can it form a primate in that little amount of time? Also, even if it did evolve, it would not form a primate. It might evolve into something that looks similar like a kangaroo mouse compared a normal mouse.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:51:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 2:43:28 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/20/2014 2:21:19 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/18/2014 4:18:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2014 1:38:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
Yesterday I was fishin' down the creek and I caught me a bass, well don't it damn all but that bass jumped off my hook, turned into a monkey and jumped into the trees and disappeared.

I'm claiming a miracle happened. Whatcha think?

I really don't know if it is possible for an animal go under go a change like that. Its skeletal, nervous, digestive, reproductive, respiratory, and sensory systems would have to under massive change to turn into a primate.

It's called evolution.

True, but how can it form a primate in that little amount of time? Also, even if it did evolve, it would not form a primate. It might evolve into something that looks similar like a kangaroo mouse compared a normal mouse.

It's done through the magical imagination of bulproof.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 6:17:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/19/2014 11:52:27 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 5:24:25 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

God doesnt talk to poeple freely. sorry but many different christains claim the same thing, To prophets we can understand but the others? nop.
The reason why is we are talking about different gods. I am a Christian, your profile says you are a Muslim. The Christian God talks directly to all of his people if they will listen.

Saying that his mercy and compassion descents upon the beievers or showing you some way of guidance is something else. but im sure God doesnt speak freely in any religion, if he do, what he is telling you ha? if you say to somebody that you hearing voices from heaven they will tell you go to the psychiatrist.
Never fart near dog
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:12:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 1:22:34 AM, SamStevens wrote:


"God is not only capable of raising the dead, he is capable of raising the dead into good health. "

That would violate entropy, the gradual disorder of things. Entropy affects both living and non living matter.

In regards to your 1st link, here is a video of Richard Dawkins and John Lennox in which they discuss that topic: https://www.youtube.com...
I'm sorry, I don't have time to view that at the moment, however, I will get to it as soon as I can.

"Imagine you are all alone on a deserted island. Suddenly you see something in the sand and you see the word "Smile!""

I would question my mental sanity, after all, I am stranded on a island. The movie Cast Away is a good example since he has conversations with a soccer ball.

" He is capable of doing anything."

Does that mean that god can create a rock so heavy that not even he can lift it? But if he can do anything, he should be able to lift it. If he can lift it, that means he can't create a rock which is heavy enough for hi not to be able to lift it.
That question is as nuts as me asking you to draw a round square. God is omnipotent, but he confines himself to certain perimeters and guidelines. For example, he will heal a person, but he will not transform that person into a cat.

I regards to your 2nd video, scientists can accurately date fossils using a variety of technique. One method is measuring how old an igneous rock near the fossil. Another method is uranium dating and carbon dating. Also, Darwin's finches are a prime example of evolution. Each finch evolved its own beak for different diets. DNA also shows evolution. It mentioned that evolution is unscientific. I find that strange suggesting there are a variety of disciplines of science that back up evolution like morphology, forensic science, biology, etc. A LOT of those arguments can be dismissed by a good, up to date biology/paleontology text book.
Darwin's finches are an excellent example of MICRO evolution, not MACRO evolution. We are seeing the finches' beaks adjusting to the bird's habitat. However, we have never documented finches turning in to fishes. It hasn't happened in the fossil record, and there is no evidence that it is happening now.
How does DNA show evolution?

Also, continental drift proves that the earth is not young. It takes hundreds of millions of years to get from Pangaea to the current continental positions.
How do you know that? From measuring current speeds and calculating the time it would take if it had a steady pace? How do you know it had a steady pace? What if it was faster in the past? Were you there to know how it happened?

Here is a good video explaining why evolution is true. FYI, the host, Jerry Coyne, has an arrogant attitude, which, depending on the viewer, can be justified. :https://www.youtube.com...
Again, I don't have time at the moment to see that right now, I'm crazy busy this summer, but I will do my best to get to it as soon as possible.

"DNA contains thousands of minute messages that had to come from somewhere. All messages come from an intelligent mind."

Well, if you take it a face value, then yes, it gives the appearance of being designed.

Agreed.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:22:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 6:17:24 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/19/2014 11:52:27 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 5:24:25 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

God doesnt talk to poeple freely. sorry but many different christains claim the same thing, To prophets we can understand but the others? nop.
The reason why is we are talking about different gods. I am a Christian, your profile says you are a Muslim. The Christian God talks directly to all of his people if they will listen.

Saying that his mercy and compassion descents upon the beievers or showing you some way of guidance is something else. but im sure God doesnt speak freely in any religion, if he do, what he is telling you ha? if you say to somebody that you hearing voices from heaven they will tell you go to the psychiatrist.

Why shouldn't God to speak to me and other children of his? The prophets you spoke of earlier were ordinary people like you and me. Also, God views all people the same. Therefore, he speaks to all of them without favoritism.

What is he telling me?
He tells me things about myself and things to encourage others. He explains the Bible to me, he reminds me of his presence. He says so much I can't possibly fit it all here.

You can send me to psychiatrist and call me crazy all you like, but that would not change anything. I'll still be just as nuts, because being "nuts" is a whole lot more fun than being "sane."
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:41:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 11:22:19 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/20/2014 6:17:24 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/19/2014 11:52:27 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 6/18/2014 5:24:25 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

God doesnt talk to poeple freely. sorry but many different christains claim the same thing, To prophets we can understand but the others? nop.
The reason why is we are talking about different gods. I am a Christian, your profile says you are a Muslim. The Christian God talks directly to all of his people if they will listen.

Saying that his mercy and compassion descents upon the beievers or showing you some way of guidance is something else. but im sure God doesnt speak freely in any religion, if he do, what he is telling you ha? if you say to somebody that you hearing voices from heaven they will tell you go to the psychiatrist.

Why shouldn't God to speak to me and other children of his? The prophets you spoke of earlier were ordinary people like you and me. Also, God views all people the same. Therefore, he speaks to all of them without favoritism.

What is he telling me?
He tells me things about myself and things to encourage others. He explains the Bible to me, he reminds me of his presence. He says so much I can't possibly fit it all here.

You can send me to psychiatrist and call me crazy all you like, but that would not change anything. I'll still be just as nuts, because being "nuts" is a whole lot more fun than being "sane."

How do you know?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:46:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 2:17:42 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/18/2014 12:24:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
God also told me very specifically to say that he loves you and he will never let you down. He stands by your side each day and if you try to ignore him, that will not change his presence. You may have given up on him, but he has not given up on you.

Goodnight!

Can you ask God why he let down the Christian family who prayed for their son to live and he still died ?
If a family begged you through tears to save their son from a life threatening disease, would you still let him die or heal him of the disease?
The doctors would have healed him if they could but they couldn't. Obviously neither could God in spite of all the tears and begging of the believers who believed God could heal people.
I don't know. I do know that God weeps right beside them. This may help a little.

Around nine minutes is where it will probably be most helpful.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:47:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"That question is as nuts as me asking you to draw a round square. God is omnipotent, but he confines himself to certain perimeters and guidelines. For example, he will heal a person, but he will not transform that person into a cat."

Well, if he can do anything, he should be able to do that. If he can do anything, he should be able to break those perimeters and guidelines. That would fall under everything.

"Darwin's finches are an excellent example of MICRO evolution, not MACRO evolution. We are seeing the finches' beaks adjusting to the bird's habitat. However, we have never documented finches turning in to fishes. It hasn't happened in the fossil record, and there is no evidence that it is happening now."

It is just like saying I can walk down the block, but can't cross the street. Over time, these changes add up forming macro evolution. https://www.youtube.com...

"However, we have never documented finches turning in to fishes."

Well, actually it would never turn into a fish. It might turn into something that might resemble a fish, like a kangaroo mouse resembling a normal mouse.

"How does DNA show evolution?"

http://eveloce.scienceblog.com...

Basically, closely related organisms share have more DNA in common. A human and the chimp is a good example.

Basically the video by Jerry Coyne sums up why evolution is true. Also, if you have time, there is this video about what Darwin never knew:https://www.youtube.com...

Here is a website the deals with micro and macro evolution: http://www.nature.com...

I'd like to point out that the fossil record is a prime example of macro evolution. You can see, in the fossilized history of whales and horses, the gradual steps over time. This explains why whales have degenerated hind limb bones and why primitive snakes(boas&pythons) have pelvic spurs. You can also do this for humans. Over time, a small furry animal transforms into a modern homo sapiens sapiens.

I would also like to point out that, in order for something to be true, it does not necessarily have to be directly observed. Take a court of law in which a murder happened with no witnesses. They rely on evidence like hair, blood, and finger prints. Scientists rely on DNA, fossils, comparative anatomy, etc.

Also, it is not dogma from the scientific community. The evidence rules, it is not the scientists says this or the professor said that. It is peer reviewed, independently checked, and tested.

For example, if a fossilized rabbit were found in the Precambrian era, that is the end of evolution. But it has never happened. Evolution has passed the test every time.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."