Jump to topic:

Adam and Eve

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:26:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you think they had a belly button when God created them? Explain why or why not.
I'm unsure.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:31:44 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:26:18 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Do you think they had a belly button when God created them? Explain why or why not.
I'm unsure.

I am no theologian and all, but I'm pretty sure if God created them perfect, then all their body functions would be the same as they are now. i.e I think they might have belly buttons, if they existed.

I think the greater question here isn't about the details of Adam and Eve, but about the historical existence of this story.

Am I missing the symbolic value? Tell me!
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:34:35 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:31:44 PM, Kc1999 wrote:
I'm unsure.

I am no theologian and all, but I'm pretty sure if God created them perfect, then all their body functions would be the same as they are now. i.e I think they might have belly buttons, if they existed.

I think the greater question here isn't about the details of Adam and Eve, but about the historical existence of this story.

Okay. Thanks for sharing. But what I mean is since God created them, (although I know you don't believe in God), would you say He created them with belly buttons or not because the reason we all have them is beause we had a umbilical cord to our stomachs from our mom inside her stomach. So that explains our end, but Adam and Eve were created not born.
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:38:57 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:34:35 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I'm unsure.

Okay. Thanks for sharing. But what I mean is since God created them, (although I know you don't believe in God), would you say He created them with belly buttons or not because the reason we all have them is beause we had a umbilical cord to our stomachs from our mom inside her stomach. So that explains our end, but Adam and Eve were created not born.

Created via evolution! :)
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:40:06 PM
Not talking about evolution though lol but anyways thank you :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:48:23 PM
The belly button is a scar from the umbillical cord. Adam and Eve were created without scars. I don't think Adam even had a scar after God took one of his ribs to make Eve. He had one less rib, but no scar......this is more speculative than the belly button question. I think it's safe to say Adam and Eve had no belly buttons since they did not come into the world via umbilical cords.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:45:06 PM
I'm unsure.

LOLOLOLOL, I wondered the same, but yeah, I don't think they did
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 12:06:30 AM
I'm unsure.

Agreed with others here. I don't think they had belly buttons. I also think they were stronger, healthier, smarter, and all around better.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 12:50:43 AM
At 6/18/2014 10:34:35 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I'm unsure.

Adam and Eve are merely symbolic characters. If they were real people they would have been born from their mothers womb like any other human on the planet and have belly buttons like anyone else. However, since they are mythical characters created in the image of God I guess it all depends on whether God has a belly button or not. :-) Do you think God has a belly button? Was God created by God? Was he born of a woman? Did the woman exist before God was born?

Apparently according to the bible all humans are created by God. You are created in the womb before you are born and come out of the womb.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Psalm 102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.

Isaiah 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Isaiah 54:14 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 2:45:08 PM
I'm unsure.

IF, big "if" here, Adam and Eve existed, did Adam have nipples?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 1:57:11 AM
At 6/19/2014 2:45:08 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
I'm unsure.

IF, big "if" here, Adam and Eve existed, did Adam have nipples?

Now that is a good question. I mean the umbilical cord should be an easy question as if they were created (hint: they were not) then they would not have belly buttons. But Adam having nipples good call.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 1:58:59 AM
At 6/20/2014 1:17:35 AM, Composer wrote:
IF we are all made in Story book god's image, that means this god had a penis & vagina!

Bro god refers the term hermaphrodite. :D

http://iamchristianiamanatheist.blogspot.kr...