Jump to topic:

Judgement

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 5:29:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What do the local Theists make of verses like this? Will the people that don't believe in Jesus Christ even need to be judged? Again, any atheist that would like to give input please by all means join in. I've seen some of the most interesting conversions about the bible when discussed between to serious atheists.

Revelation 11
18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 20:11-13

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2010 3:52:35 AM
Will the people that don't believe in Jesus Christ even need to be judged?

Well that certainly makes it sound that way. Look at it this way, judging people on their works at least makes sense. Judging people on whether or not they worship you seems a bit immature for an all powerful god.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2010 7:17:11 AM
At 2/17/2010 5:29:06 PM, jharry wrote:
What do the local Theists make of verses like this? Will the people that don't believe in Jesus Christ even need to be judged? Again, any atheist that would like to give input please by all means join in. I've seen some of the most interesting conversions about the bible when discussed between to serious atheists.

Revelation 11
18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 20:11-13

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Jesus told people to be careful of the measure you use to judge others for that is the measure that will be used for you; in short, our own hypocrisy will condemn us..
The Cross.. the Cross.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 7:32:00 PM
At 2/22/2010 7:17:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Jesus told people to be careful of the measure you use to judge others for that is the measure that will be used for you; in short, our own hypocrisy will condemn us..

Actually I didn't mean anything like that. I can't judge anybody. If I see something that I perceive as sin I can talk to a person about it, but now that you bring it up let me ask you about this verse.

1 Corinthians 5:11 (King James Version)

11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Now I know this isn't judging like Jesus will do but what does it mean to you?

And how about this one?

12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

Should we judge our atheist friends on this site? Should we judge them that are in the Church? Not as in the final judgement but in life.

13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

God will judge those that are without, atheists and such. Why would God even judge these people?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen