Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's your opinion on Pastafarianism?

Gustav_Adolf_II
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:18:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
it's not legitimate, but it's FUN and hilarious!! Which is why I follow it.
I mean, seriously? Pirates are the holy being? Wow...
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:27:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

It was created an ever ruder version of Russell's tea pot and serves only to highlight how illogical and mean spirited its 'adherents' are.

Inductive logic means nothing to these folks, but insane mocking does.

Just because you cannot disprove the magic floating teapot (or space spaghetti), does not mean it exists.

Just because you cannot prove magic floating tea pots (or space spaghetti), does not mean it DOES NOT exist.

BOTH are fallacious statements.

Unfortunately, as we see, that use of the fallacy is confined to atheists, who are apparently mocking a straw man version of what they believe religious thinking to be like ... only it displays their own, and their utter ignorance of religious doctrine and its claims.

Pastafarianism? You may as well hang a sign around your neck that says, "Mean AND Irrational too boot!"
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:58:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

Depends if it is the Wholly FSM made of Vodka sauce or the blasphemous Tomato only based abomination.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:23:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

No

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

No

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

No
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:30:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?

The gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster states in second chapter states that humans were smaller because the FSM was pushing down on them more than modern humans.

If this change only applied to humans than why do we have little people. Little people have a weight consistent with having the same gravitational force as taller people. But volume wise are less than taller people. If the FSM were true that short people are a result of pushing down on a human, than little people would have the same volume but greater weight, or same weight and smaller volume.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:35:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:30:44 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?

The gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster states in second chapter states that humans were smaller because the FSM was pushing down on them more than modern humans.

If this change only applied to humans than why do we have little people. Little people have a weight consistent with having the same gravitational force as taller people. But volume wise are less than taller people. If the FSM were true that short people are a result of pushing down on a human, than little people would have the same volume but greater weight, or same weight and smaller volume.

We are looking at general global trends. But remember bigger people also have more body volume that each noodly appendage can push down upon. So it scales with overall volume. Since the human population has increased, then there is a larger overall volume of human material that is pushed down, the large people get a greater proportion of this noodly share.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:02:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:35:52 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:30:44 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?

The gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster states in second chapter states that humans were smaller because the FSM was pushing down on them more than modern humans.

If this change only applied to humans than why do we have little people. Little people have a weight consistent with having the same gravitational force as taller people. But volume wise are less than taller people. If the FSM were true that short people are a result of pushing down on a human, than little people would have the same volume but greater weight, or same weight and smaller volume.

We are looking at general global trends. But remember bigger people also have more body volume that each noodly appendage can push down upon. So it scales with overall volume. Since the human population has increased, then there is a larger overall volume of human material that is pushed down, the large people get a greater proportion of this noodly share.

So you are saying:

1. More pushing down force is achieved with increase volume
2. As population has increased there is more downward force applied
3. Because tall people make the majority of population, they get a greater force.

R1. pushing down more on something is applied as a force to surface area as seen from the top. Dwarfism effects limb sizes more drastically. From top down the surface area of a little person and tall person are equal. But the force is not. Worst still is the Force would have to be greater on dwarfs to account for the squishing of their stature. IN accordance with the gospel of the FSM.

Science does not match. Your reasoning does not match. Your own FSM gospel does not match. Incoherent from all sides and therefore ridiculous falsehood.

R2. The difference between a downward force applied to 10,000 people and applied to 7 billion is a considerable difference. If true, then the size of a human when the population was 10 thousand would be a foot tall, and the size of a human with the force spread 7 billion would make a human 10 feet tall. If the downward force is more consistent per person and not spread then the combined force of 7 billion would sink continents and cause measurable land lost.

R3. oops my mistake. After consulting a height-weight chart for dwarfism https://lpamrs.memberclicks.net... one can see that weight is not as drastically effected as height is. So the downward force, measured by weight is similar to between tall and little people. proofing the noodling does not change peoples height.

The FSM is said to make the world in his image, with small vibrating strings. This is from String Theory now known as M-Theory. It is a mathematical pseudo-science constructed on paper and no foundations in reality. This being that the image of the FSM is not real, then the FSM is not real.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:09:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Correction a force on 10,000 people would make them 1 foot tall and spread over 7 billion would make the human 700,000 feet tall.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 12:09:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?

Bobby Henderson.
Gustav_Adolf_II
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:33:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 9:23:32 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

No

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

No

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

No

THANK YOU for actually answering the questions like a normal human being without blowing this thread up into a debate about the existence of the flying spaghetti monster or the legitimacy of Pastafarianism! THANK YOU, that was all I wanted, a simple 'yes' or 'no'. Some people...
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:37:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

Legitimate? No, but is as credible as any other religious "theory" for the creation.

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

No, science should be taught in science classes. Reality does not have alternatives, facts are facts.

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

Only as a joke.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 7:01:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 12:09:38 PM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?

Bobby Henderson.

What about him? He is a witness and has had personal revelation from the FSM.

And even if he didn't that doesn't make the FSM any less feasible. Please provide the evidence against the FSM. Attacking the testimony isn't going to do you any favors. The FSM explains the imperfection in the world and also creation with greater simplicity and elegance than the Christian god does.

Got evidence now?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 7:30:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:33:24 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:23:32 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

No

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

No

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

No

THANK YOU for actually answering the questions like a normal human being without blowing this thread up into a debate about the existence of the flying spaghetti monster or the legitimacy of Pastafarianism! THANK YOU, that was all I wanted, a simple 'yes' or 'no'. Some people...

Lol, no problem. :P
Gustav_Adolf_II
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 7:50:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 7:01:45 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:09:38 PM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:24:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:22:24 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:14:50 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:08:26 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:04:22 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:02:44 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:53:14 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 6/21/2014 8:26:06 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

The FSM is the best theory of gravity. Since we all know that the force pushing us down to earth are the FSM's noodly appendages.

Since the human population grew there were less noodly appendages to push us down, and as such humans got taller.

And we are supposed to respect this as civil, intelligent ... science. Gotcha Envy.

Please hang your sign.

Please refute the claims, unless you are here just to blaspheme the great FSM. Where is your science, your scholarship about the FSM? Got none? Then you are another ignorant false theist.

I did - thanks for not reading. My respect for you has dropped. Next time you complain about how religious people behave? I will remind you of your titillated participation in open and extremely fallacious mockery.

Atheism is 'smart' because it fallacious mocks religious people and demonstrates robust and total ignorance of religious claims. And then gets pissy when people dismiss them irrationally mean. Go figure.

What do you think irrational, fallacious, mockery induces smart guy? Yet you willfully participate AFTER claiming the moral high ground? So much for that ...

Please disprove the FSM. It should be easy given your views on Russel's teapot.

Where is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Please note the fallacy of the shifting burden of proof, again.

Bobby Henderson. I'll leave it to you smart, but mean and fallaciously superior folks to figure out how that is relevant.

As if mocking people were an attempt to engage people rationally? Retar ... whoa ... I know what happens when you disrespect atheists, even as they disrespect you and rationalize the BS.

Wait, so you have no evidence against the FSM? We have our scholarship and our science, so it seems your position is one based entirely on ignorance.

Pirates causing global warming, the FSM changing radio metric dates. The theory if gravity, as well as modern authorship and living eye witness testimony.

Also the world being imperfectly is very accurately explained by the FSM drinking heavily before creating the Earth.

Virtually no 'interpretation' is needed,it's all in black and white. Now please, provide the evidence disproving the FSM.

Right more fallacy so you can insult people, pay no mind to the self righteousness you demand others be handed when they behave this way.

This is why atheist are not trusted. You rationalize really, really poor treatment of people yet demand heaven and earth be moved if someone insults atheists? I am sure a thread meant to mock people and be completely irrational and insulting is a great way to discuss religion. But I am obviously stupid because I am religious what would I know?

Bobby Henderson.

That would be evidence.

But we can now see the reality of atheism RIGHT HERE. Evidence is ignored so we can be flaming jerks. There is nothing else to pastafarianism.

Bobby Henderson.

Any doubt that rationalism guides the atheism of ANY atheist participating in this thread, is eliminated. Its just wanton cruelty and spite.

Please hang your sign and don your strainer, as you continue to you inquisitorial attack on rationalism and civility.

My respect for you has tangibly dropped. I won't forget.

Do you even understand how irrational, fallacious mocking slams doors in your face? The only damage you do here is to your own reputation. Enjoy it!

So you have absolutely nothing to offer? No evidence, no critical thinking, nothing?

Just appeal to 'mockery'?

Bobby Henderson.

What about him? He is a witness and has had personal revelation from the FSM.

And even if he didn't that doesn't make the FSM any less feasible. Please provide the evidence against the FSM. Attacking the testimony isn't going to do you any favors. The FSM explains the imperfection in the world and also creation with greater simplicity and elegance than the Christian god does.

Got evidence now?

WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT NOT TURNING THIS INTO A DEBATE!!! If you both take this topic that seriously, debate about it in an actual debate! Not here!
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:08:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

Pastafanarianism is precisely what it appears to be - a tasteless attempt to degrade the solemn beliefs of billions of people worldwide, with no real goal other than to mock those beliefs by comparing them to a ludicrous knock-off. Even those who promote the idea of a "flying spaghetti monster" are pretty honest about the fact that it's nothing more than an attack on religion, and that they have no faith in any flying spaghetti monster whatsoever. I do feel good for anyone worthy who happens to benefit from this mindless statement of disbelief, as I always feel good when people are helped, but I see no need in using a good gesture to mask a hurtful one.
skinker
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 12:24:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I just looked up in Wikipedia about the guy who supposedly invented the Flying Spaghetti Monster idea in 2005, spaghetti being the Source of Pastafarianism. Well, he DID NOT INVENT the Spaghetti Monster even if he did make the idea fly in 2005. Yours truly, Debate's resident genuine as opposed to cheap imitations, prophesy bearer, invented the Spaghetti Monster in 1965 when I was taking a film class at USC and had to make a student movie which I did, and which was based on a Spaghetti Monster. I made a paper mache mask and had lot's and lot's of spaghetti plastered all over it and me as we filmed the S.M. lurching through rooms in our house. 1965, 2005, 40 years ahead of my times..as usual. I ended up using the negative from the film as an experimental animation film which was shown twice in the Cinema Theater in Hollywood in a student film series. I was an atheist when I made my Spaghetti Monster film but underwent a most profound religious conversion experience and found God, never to return to the lesser atheist consciousness that could confuse pasta for Rasta..
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:09:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?
The universe had to come from something, so lets play flying spaghetti monster of the gaps argument.
2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?
Science has it all wrong. Faith triumphs over science/evidence.
3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?
The fine tuning of the universe. Personal miracles.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:47:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

When did you find out you had autism?

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

When did you find out you had autism?

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

When did you find out you had autism?
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:50:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/20/2014 8:41:31 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Specific questions:

1. Do you think Pastafarianism is a legitimate theory for the creation of the universe?

It isn't a legitimate theory. It is a true fact for the creation of the universe. Which is why I believe in his noodleness.

2. Do you think Pastafarianism should be taught in schools as an 'alternative viewpoint' to the scientific method?

Okay, I'm reasonable. If we keep just science in science class, then I'll back down. However, the government cannot give one religion preference, so if Christianity tries to inject itself in public school science class, then we too must be given a place, along with every other religion and even some farther out Christian denomination. Unlike Christians, we have no problem sharing the science room. Or neither of us get it. Either one is good.

3. Have you attributed any of the good things that have happened to you to the flying spaghetti monster?

Yes. All of them.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:52:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 8:18:09 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
it's not legitimate, but it's FUN and hilarious!! Which is why I follow it.

Whoa, whoa whoa! Not legitimate? Seriously? Heathen. But the prophet did say that it is okay for people in the religion to fake belief in the FSM.

I mean, seriously? Pirates are the holy being? Wow...

They ARE the holy beings. I know because it said so in the gospel of the FSM, which was divinely inspired.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved