Jump to topic:

Who On Here Thinks......

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:23:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Religion should go away or that people should stop believing in religious beliefs? This is a serious question.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:30:44 PM
At 6/21/2014 10:23:47 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Religion should go away or that people should stop believing in religious beliefs? This is a serious question.

Every religious forum I've been to has been inhabited by religious sociopaths, who's real intentions are rape, murder and destruction and it's only their religion that prevents them doing so. Well that's their story.

So I vote for keeping them locked up in their religion. The world is a safer place that way.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:41:39 PM

Response: Only the atheists do. But since atheism is delusion anyway, then one cannot take such a request seriously.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:46:24 PM
At 6/21/2014 10:30:44 PM, bulproof wrote:

Every religious forum I've been to has been inhabited by religious sociopaths, who's real intentions are rape, murder and destruction and it's only their religion that prevents them doing so. Well that's their story.

So I vote for keeping them locked up in their religion. The world is a safer place that way.

----------------------------------------------------------
Interesting, for my religion tells me to usurp the authority of my fellow believers for an enhanced God experience. For their own good, they need to be overridden by a superior thinker. Women shall prove to be immune to my antics. The world will be a safer place when Christians are afraid to rely on their own inadequate consciences.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:55:40 PM
At 6/21/2014 10:46:24 PM, Sophisto wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------
Interesting, for my religion tells me to usurp the authority of my fellow believers for an enhanced God experience. For their own good, they need to be overridden by a superior thinker. Women shall prove to be immune to my antics. The world will be a safer place when Christians are afraid to rely on their own inadequate consciences.

Religion=/=Christianity.
Just sayin'
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:05:44 PM
At 6/21/2014 10:41:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Only the atheists do. But since atheism is delusion anyway, then one cannot take such a request seriously.

Atheism is no delusion, it's just as much as in the league as Islam or Christianity or other religions. The only difference in their philosophy of life and deities is that they don't personally believe in a god. These atheists could even be agnostics who think it's possible for god's to exist, but wish for materialistic proof to come.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:08:40 PM

Sadly, that is a good way to think. It would've done something to Jeffery Dauhmer if he actually did convert in jail. But sometimes, there's the loonies like Army of God who do end up murdering and causing destruction In religion. So it's kinda of a hit and miss with both parties.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:17:24 PM
At 6/21/2014 11:05:44 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Atheism is no delusion, it's just as much as in the league as Islam or Christianity or other religions. The only difference in their philosophy of life and deities is that they don't personally believe in a god. These atheists could even be agnostics who think it's possible for god's to exist, but wish for materialistic proof to come.

Response: Not at all. Islam is based on observable and testable evidence and deductive logic based on such evidence. Whereas atheism is based on denial and rejection of religion simply because it does not conform with an atheists personal desires or interests, resulting in erroneous claims to back their position. Hence, delusion.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:38:08 PM
At 6/21/2014 11:17:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Not at all. Islam is based on observable and testable evidence and deductive logic based on such evidence. Whereas atheism is based on denial and rejection of religion simply because it does not conform with an atheists personal desires or interests, resulting in erroneous claims to back their position. Hence, delusion.

How many more times will you need to be told just how wrong your definition of atheism is before it penetrates the rock that passes for your head.
Sheesh, talk about thick. Oh you have to be don't you.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:39:53 PM

Taking religion away from people would be like pulling the crutches out from under a lame man.
When the lame learn to walk, they tend to throw away their own crutches.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:01:28 AM

Honestly, no one here takes you seriously. You make all of the good and intelligent Muslims look as blindly dogmatic as you.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:03:55 AM
At 6/21/2014 11:39:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Taking religion away from people would be like pulling the crutches out from under a lame man.
When the lame learn to walk, they tend to throw away their own crutches.

This is my view exactly.

I think religion has a benefit in the community it provides. I heard about an atheist who went to the local church because it was the best way for him to practice spirituality and communion with his neighbors, even if he didn't believe in their god. If this structure could be preserved but the necessity of worship in a specific deity removed, that would be ideal.

The world is generally tending towards secularism as it is. It's a slow process, but pretty inevitable. Although I think religion will always exist, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, if it stops stifling human flourishing.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:06:17 AM
At 6/22/2014 12:01:28 AM, Hematite12 wrote:

Honestly, no one here takes you seriously. You make all of the good and intelligent Muslims look as blindly dogmatic as you.

Response: Honestly, no rational person took your statement seriously. And such a statement is only another example of a deluded atheist still crying over how their logic was utterly debunked by a theist, You make athiests look more stupid than they already have.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:07:02 AM
At 6/22/2014 12:06:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Honestly, no rational person took your statement seriously. And such a statement is only another example of a deluded atheist still crying over how their logic was utterly debunked by a theist, You make athiests look more stupid than they already have.

I'm not an atheist.

Good job making yourself look like an idiot.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:08:29 AM
At 6/22/2014 12:07:02 AM, Hematite12 wrote:

I'm not an atheist.

Response: exactly, You are not an atheist. You are a dumb atheist.

Thanks for making my point.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 1:01:43 AM
Christian punked: Religion should go away or that people should stop believing in religious beliefs? This is a serious question.

The Fool: If by religion, you mean believing things, by faith alone, without a constant criticism and inquiry into better and more justified beliefs.

I do.

Even Perhaps foolishly.

But hear me out.

For I understand, believing something by faith or, what your parents said in the case of some kind of emergency, or when you don't understand any better, or when we run out of options.

But these should only at best remain temporary beliefs, which are to eventually be replaced by KNOWLEDGE.

For although we are born as children of our parents we "ought" not to "remain" children to our parents.

In be suspicious of all theories which have no predictive capacity, and so are useless in making decisions.

For when we give mystical, ideological, and/or nonsense explanations, we fool ourselves, into thinking that we understand something when we do not. This creates a blockade, in the evolution of ideas. For we stop looking for answers, in the places that we think we have one. And those who think they know, are the cause of disasters, by virtue of acting based off such ignorance, for faith is the very hallmark of ignorance..
We should either be refining, refuting and/or usurping, old theories, and beliefs, in accordance with new information.

To keep looking for options and justification, for what is beneficial and what is harmful, for what is Just is, and what is Unjust. And always be suspicious of theories which cannot predict.

For that is the true way of the Logos, and the Dao.
Blow!!!
How you like me now?!?

<(8O)

The rhythm will not allow.

Against The Ideologist

B-r-e-a-kd-ow-n
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 1:23:54 AM
At 6/21/2014 10:41:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Your statement should be qualified, "Some atheists do." Also,this isinuates you think all forms of religion are good. What about religions that do not worship your particular flavor of god? Should people keep believing in the delusion of another god or should they convert to yours?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 2:54:27 AM

The irony of that statement is rich.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 2:59:39 AM
At 6/22/2014 2:54:27 AM, neutral wrote:

As a yank you don't possess an irony receptor, as you've just proven.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 3:13:49 AM
At 6/22/2014 2:59:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/22/2014 2:54:27 AM, neutral wrote:

As a yank you don't possess an irony receptor, as you've just proven.

Again, ANOTHER ironic statement.

LOOK, LOOK ... ANOTHER SOCIOPATH!!! Oh wait, the guy jumping into a conversation to accuse someone of murdering kids was an atheist. Clearly ... not a sociopath anymore ... my bad!

Wait ... my ears are tingling! Someone said atheists are lame!!! SOCIOPATH, SOCIOPATH!

This reasoning is just ridiculous. Typically atheist these days though.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 3:17:04 AM
Like I said you wouldn't know irony if it smacked you in your cowardly face.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 8:05:17 AM

^
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 8:06:26 AM
At 6/22/2014 12:08:29 AM, Fatihah wrote:

I'm not an atheist.

Are you 10 years old?

May the best man win!
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 8:08:21 AM

Atheists actually do use evidence to back up most of their claims except God's existence. God is something that cannot be proven nor disproven.

So how is Islam based on observable evidence and logic. You know have the Burden of Proof.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 8:19:06 AM
At 6/22/2014 12:08:29 AM, Fatihah wrote:

I'm not an atheist.

What did Muhammed say in Katiba al-Kalif?

A Bedouin came to the prophet, grabbed the stirrup of his camel and said: O the messenger of God! Teach me something to go to heaven with it. Prophet said: "As you would have people do to you, do to them; and what you dislike to be done to you, don't do to them. Now let the stirrup go! [This maxim is enough for you; go and act in accordance with it!]"

Would you like to be seen as stupid? Or called that? If not, then have respect for others who aren't gonna agree with you. I'm not attacking atheists who don't believe in my god. I merely believe they think differently then me. That's it.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 8:30:11 AM
At 6/22/2014 1:01:43 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
Christian punked: Religion should go away or that people should stop believing in religious beliefs? This is a serious question.

The Fool: If by religion, you mean believing things, by faith alone, without a constant criticism and inquiry into better and more justified beliefs.

I do.

Even Perhaps foolishly.

But hear me out.

For I understand, believing something by faith or, what your parents said in the case of some kind of emergency, or when you don't understand any better, or when we run out of options.

But these should only at best remain temporary beliefs, which are to eventually be replaced by KNOWLEDGE.

For although we are born as children of our parents we "ought" not to "remain" children to our parents.

In be suspicious of all theories which have no predictive capacity, and so are useless in making decisions.

For when we give mystical, ideological, and/or nonsense explanations, we fool ourselves, into thinking that we understand something when we do not. This creates a blockade, in the evolution of ideas. For we stop looking for answers, in the places that we think we have one. And those who think they know, are the cause of disasters, by virtue of acting based off such ignorance, for faith is the very hallmark of ignorance..
We should either be refining, refuting and/or usurping, old theories, and beliefs, in accordance with new information.

To keep looking for options and justification, for what is beneficial and what is harmful, for what is Just is, and what is Unjust. And always be suspicious of theories which cannot predict.

For that is the true way of the Logos, and the Dao.
Blow!!!
How you like me now?!?

<(8O)

The rhythm will not allow.

Against The Ideologist

B-r-e-a-kd-ow-n

Some people should have the right to criticize the religion they are in. I started out as a Christian by believing that going to church was good for me. Then I questioned it when I read the bible. I became skeptic not of my faith, but about the pastor and others. If I asked my friend who was marrying a black girl (he's white) and some people say inter racial love and marriage is a sin, he'll go to a verse saying Moses was married to a black woman and use the history of what color the tribe was that Moses married the woman from. But when I asked my pastor about the Canaanite woman's faith story where it seems like she's treated like a minority in a ghetto, he couldn't give an answer. He said he'd have to read back on that. Before I asked, I tried to figure out why was Jesus being such a dildo to this woman. The answer to me was the testing of faith in general. At times we must use our evidence in materialistic things to form a well going to work out hypothesis. But even though the woman knew Jesus helped anybody who the Jews deemed unworthy, she was worried if she would be denied because of being a Caanite that the Jews so hate very much.

In the end, her faith got Jesus to get the demon out of her daughter. It also shows what a good mom is since she persisted after Jesus tested her by saying a somewhat why and no. This shows the mom won't give up on her child. And may have also proven Jesus (God in my opinion) that Cannanites the bad guys anymore.

So I actually studied to make my own guess on that. The pastor couldn't even figure it out when I asked him. So I question the church and the bible at times. But my pastor did say something wise. We must ask questions, if we don't, how do we expect to know who God is or what it was like back then.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 10:36:35 AM
At 6/22/2014 1:23:54 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Your statement should be qualified, "Some atheists do." Also,this isinuates you think all forms of religion are good. What about religions that do not worship your particular flavor of god? Should people keep believing in the delusion of another god or should they convert to yours?

Response: There is absolutely nothing logical about atheism. Denying intelligent design is based on delusion. You cannot rationally conclude that intelligent design does not exist. Whereas in religion, even if something in religion is accepted and it is wrong, that is due to some type of emotional attachment that they have with someone that blinds the person from accepting the truth, Such as a person loving their mother so much that it would be hard for the person to accept that she is a rapist, despite clear evidence. It still is delusion, but at least it is a more rational one. Whereas, the falsehood of atheism is not based on such a bond. So it is strictly delusion, and one's selfish desire to be right. No atheist on here is an atheist or even an agnostic based on logic. It's based on accepting a false position and refusing to accept religion simply because they refuse to be wrong. The most irrational delusion.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 10:55:09 AM
At 6/22/2014 10:39:02 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/22/2014 8:06:26 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Are you 10 years old?

Response: You can count to 10?

Irrelevant.

May the best man win!