Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Does free will cause suffering?

bulproof
Posts: 25,226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 8:48:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If it does how can there be free will in heaven and yet not be suffering?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 1:46:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/22/2014 8:48:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
If it does how can there be free will in heaven and yet not be suffering?

Is sin a byproduct of free will? Most people will say yes. Is there sin in heaven? Most people say no. That means this is an argument you can make.

1) Sin is a byproduct of free will
2) There is no sin in heaven
3) There is no free will in heaven
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 2:50:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/22/2014 8:48:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
If it does how can there be free will in heaven and yet not be suffering?

http://people.nnu.edu...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bulproof
Posts: 25,226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 3:43:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Apologetics are simply the making of excuses to try to defend the inherent contradictions in the belief in the christian god.
The doctrine states.
Free will results in sin.
Free will results in suffering.
No matter how righteous you are you still sin.
Mankind must sin, he has no choice but to.
God is incapable of creating man with free will and eliminate suffering at the same time.
When you get to heaven there will be no more sin nor suffering.
Free will still exists in heaven.
When you are in heaven and your son is in hell you will be deliriously happy.
There is no suffering in heaven.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 3:46:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/23/2014 3:43:14 AM, bulproof wrote:
Apologetics are simply the making of excuses to try to defend the inherent contradictions in the belief in the christian god.
The doctrine states.
Free will results in sin.
Free will results in suffering.
No matter how righteous you are you still sin.
Mankind must sin, he has no choice but to.
God is incapable of creating man with free will and eliminate suffering at the same time.
When you get to heaven there will be no more sin nor suffering.
Free will still exists in heaven.
When you are in heaven and your son is in hell you will be deliriously happy.
There is no suffering in heaven.

"When you are in heaven and your son is in hell you will be deliriously happy."

LOL Great Line
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 4:10:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Free Will is not a single element. It is not A that leads directly to B.

Free Will is a choice between A and B.

So (A or B) results in Sin. Is an obvious false premise.

(A or B) Where B results in Sin. IS the correct premise. "A" does not have to result in Sin. This is a confusion of the consequence with the required Agent.

Sin REQUIRES the Agent of Free Will. BUT The Agent of Free Will does NOT Necessarily result in SIN.

Jets Require Rocket Fuel. They need Rocket Fuel to happen.

Rocket Fuel results in Jets. Is a false premise. The making of Rocket Fuel and it's use may be for other things that are NOT Jets.

Rocket Fuel makes possible Jets. logical.

You can not reverse words and think the process is the same, or equivalent.

Free Will makes possible SIN. SIN requires Free Will, Free Will can result in NOT SIN.

So NO NO NO. Free Will does NOT CAUSE Sin.

Any more than Rocket Fuel causes Jets.
bulproof
Posts: 25,226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 5:03:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/23/2014 4:10:51 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
Free Will is not a single element. It is not A that leads directly to B.

Free Will is a choice between A and B.

So (A or B) results in Sin. Is an obvious false premise.

(A or B) Where B results in Sin. IS the correct premise. "A" does not have to result in Sin. This is a confusion of the consequence with the required Agent.

Sin REQUIRES the Agent of Free Will. BUT The Agent of Free Will does NOT Necessarily result in SIN.
You need to read your holy book. Free will is the CAUSE of sin. None are righteous, no not one.
Jets Require Rocket Fuel. They need Rocket Fuel to happen.

Rocket Fuel results in Jets. Is a false premise. The making of Rocket Fuel and it's use may be for other things that are NOT Jets.

Rocket Fuel makes possible Jets. logical.

You can not reverse words and think the process is the same, or equivalent.

Free Will makes possible SIN. SIN requires Free Will, Free Will can result in NOT SIN.

So NO NO NO. Free Will does NOT CAUSE Sin.
Read your great book of spells, you are obviously a heretic.
Any more than Rocket Fuel causes Jets.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin