Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 8:45:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. the God of the Bible doesn't exist
2. but I hate him for drowning all those people
3. I think he is evil for this even though i do not believe in a oral compass like God and therefore good and bad are just relative
4. I hate Christians for loving the God of the Bible even though I don't believe in that God

Could atheists be any more inconsistent?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 8:47:38 AM
At 6/23/2014 8:45:05 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
3. I think he is evil for this even though i do not believe in a oral compass like God and therefore good and bad are just relative
4. I hate Christians for loving the God of the Bible even though I don't believe in that God

Prove any of this.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 8:48:45 AM
At 6/23/2014 8:47:38 AM, bulproof wrote:

Prove any of this.

Read "The God Delusion" and you'll see why I've said this.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 8:58:54 AM
At 6/23/2014 8:48:45 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Prove any of this.

AAH so you mean ONE atheist makes this claim.

Well done you.

Do you really think that this constitutes proof?
hahahahahahahahahaha
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 9:06:47 AM
At 6/23/2014 8:58:54 AM, bulproof wrote:

Prove any of this.

Well done you.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Well yes I do, since Richard Dawkins is the most famous atheist, he must have a large following and have sold a lot of work on atheism, therefore it must be concluded that a sibstantial number of atheists agree with what he wrote in TGD.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 9:32:23 AM
At 6/23/2014 9:06:47 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Prove any of this.

Well done you.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Well yes I do, since Richard Dawkins is the most famous atheist, he must have a large following and have sold a lot of work on atheism, therefore it must be concluded that a sibstantial number of atheists agree with what he wrote in TGD.

hahahahahahaha
You need to understand that atheists don't have a book that informs them.
Atheists are not religionists who need to take their thinking from books.
In fact atheists reject the books that theists use for their thinking.

Many theists have never heard of Dawkins much less believe what he says.

Most christians have never read the bible but believe what it says.

You need to look closer to home.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 9:37:09 AM
At 6/23/2014 9:32:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/23/2014 9:06:47 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Prove any of this.

Well done you.

hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha
You need to understand that atheists don't have a book that informs them.
Atheists are not religionists who need to take their thinking from books.
In fact atheists reject the books that theists use for their thinking.

Many theists have never heard of Dawkins much less believe what he says.

HAHAHAHAHA

So that's why the God delusion is a best-selling book (see here: http://www.nybooks.com...) because few atheists have heard of it right? Get out with your damage control, Bulshit.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:21:54 AM
That is quite obvious from the stories in the bible. The god described in the bible is a contradiction in itself. Have you ever read the book?
Atheists don't even believe that such a drowning ever existed. What we say is that if there is a "god" that would do such a thing, that god could not possibly be all knowing, all powerful and all benevolent. Pretty simple really.
God and bad are exactly that, subjective. The poor religionists don't understand that. Morals are one of the tools mankind and other creatures use to ensure their survival. No god involved.
The hatred shown in most religious forums can be attributed to the religious. Try reading the forums that you are involved in.
For instance just look at the titles produced by the religious.
This is what many atheists believe

A claim made by a person who has no idea what what atheists believe.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:58:38 AM

Ye.p

Nope.

3. I think he is evil for this

Yeah, I think Ramsey Snow is evil, too. We are capable of making character judgement about fictional characters. It's part of that whole abstract thinking concept that makes us human.

even though i do not believe in a oral compass like God and therefore good and bad are just relative

False dichotomy. "God" isn't the only objective moral compass available.

If many atheists hate Christians, it's not for that.

What is inconsistent, here?
BradK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:32:50 AM

It's inconsistent if you don't think about it. But what atheists are saying when they say "god", is "god, if god existed". It's basically assuming that god is true to do a proof by contradiction.

For example, atheists might say "if god were real, then god drowned a bunch of people in the great flood from the Noah's Ark story". "But since that contradicts the loving nature of god, the existence of god is a contradiction." So that's what's really between the lines there.
Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:44:24 AM

SO I was a christian until like two months ago
I randomly decided, you know what, I'm gonna read the bible
I happened to open the book up to Numbers 31 (or 32) and it detailed how moses and god ordered the execution of every midianite child, well the boys, all of the virgin girls were taken for the soldiers.
This is truly fucked up, the literal definition of the word, how can I follow a God that would destroy so many innocents so casually? No, if God is real, then I openly resist him for being an enemy to my species, for harming us so much as a whole.

But then again there really isn't any proof that he exists at all, so I don't think it'll come to that.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:57:59 AM
At 6/23/2014 11:44:24 AM, Nicoszon_the_Great wrote:

I happened to open the book up to Numbers 31 (or 32) and it detailed how moses and god ordered the execution of every midianite child, well the boys, all of the virgin girls were taken for the soldiers.
This is truly fucked up, the literal definition of the word, how can I follow a God that would destroy so many innocents so casually? No, if God is real, then I openly resist him for being an enemy to my species, for harming us so much as a whole.

But then again there really isn't any proof that he exists at all, so I don't think it'll come to that.

Do you know why they saved the virgin girls?
Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 12:06:33 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:57:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/23/2014 11:44:24 AM, Nicoszon_the_Great wrote:

Do you know why they saved the virgin girls?

The passage was actually rather unclear to that. The girls, as I understand, would either become slaves or wives. And considering the fact that we're talking about anyone 17 and down I'm not sure which one is worse.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 12:25:45 PM

1. True.
2. The story of Noah's ark is just one of many silly illustrations of why the god of the Bible does not exists.
3. First, I don't think 'he' exists, and you are correct, I have no oral compass (whatever that is)
4. I don't hate Christians, but it is disturbing some blindly follow and defend that which they know nothing about. I would love for all Christians to become much more literate in the own religion.

This seems fairly consistent to me...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
kawoodson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 6:09:49 PM
- We lack a belief in all gods, including yours. A lack of belief does not constitute a belief. A atheist's stance is that there is not enough evidence for any god or gods

- One cannot hate something or someone that they do not hold a belief in

3. I think he is evil for this even though i do not believe in a (m)oral compass like God and therefore good and bad are just relative
- One does not need a god to be good. Also an atheist can't think that something that does not exist to be evil or good.

4. I hate Christians for loving the God of the Bible even though I don't believe in that God.
- I have no idea where you got this. You may have heard one atheist say something like this but it does not at all describe atheists as a whole. It's actually no better than racism
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 6:46:41 PM

I hate Joffrey Baratheon. But he also is not real?
heisnotrisen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 2:59:50 AM

No. Atheists, in colloquial sense, do not assert that god is non-existent. Atheists do however, reject claims of a god because of the lack of sufficient evidence. You misrepresent atheism.
debateuser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 3:20:00 AM

God does not even exist. How can atheists hate God. But atheists do hate people who use the name of God for political purposes. Apparently the alleged God asked dubya to invade Iraq. Lol
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 3:36:59 AM
At 6/23/2014 11:32:50 AM, BradK wrote:

It's inconsistent if you don't think about it. But what atheists are saying when they say "god", is "god, if god existed". It's basically assuming that god is true to do a proof by contradiction.

For example, atheists might say "if god were real, then god drowned a bunch of people in the great flood from the Noah's Ark story". "But since that contradicts the loving nature of god, the existence of god is a contradiction." So that's what's really between the lines there.

So there are arguments that can be made for God's nonexistence? There are arguments that can be made to justify a disbelieve in a god or gods?

I thought Atheist didn't have a Burden of proof, because there was no way to argue for somethings non-existence?

Are you just one of very few Atheist that actually knows what a Logical Argument is?
Jingram994
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 4:10:46 AM

No proof that he does. The claim that he does is nothing if not extraordinary and unprecedented; therefore there exists a very large and heavy burden of proof on the claim that he exists.

Assuming that he *does* exist, for the sake of argument, and that the bible is at least moderately accurate. And it's not 'hate', it would be far more accurate to say "we realize that drowning nearly the entire world, including all of the animals and innocent people, when you *could have* just vaporized the evil people specifically, necessarily shows that you are any combination of sadistic, narcissistic, sociopathic, hypocritical and Evil".

Not believing in X arbitrary supernatural being =/= not believing in objective morality, and it *certainly* doesn't mean not believing in morality at all. Strictly speaking, but belief in God and belief that morality is contingent upon him *is not* 'objective' morality; morality is then *subjective* to God's nature/whims/commandments/whatever, not an actual objective standard unto itself. If 'morality' is contingent upon God, then God can do *anything* and have it be moral, which entirely defeats the meaning and 'weight' of the word.

Do we? I don't know anyone who *hates* theists for having their own beliefs. That's stupid. What we often *do* hate, however, is attempts by some theists to enthrone their personal beliefs as law and indoctrinate children into their religion from a very young age neither of which is even remotely 'okay' by any reasonable meaning of the word.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:03:22 AM

More solid proof of one theist's misconception and stupidity would be difficult to find.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:31:45 AM

Yes.

1. How do atheists know?

Alot of atheists hate in God period and will make up anything to criticize him in order to create their own deity
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:53:23 AM

I don't believe in an "oral compass" either. I prefer my oral other ways.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:05:23 AM
At 6/30/2014 8:31:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Yes.

1. How do atheists know?

Alot of atheists hate in God period and will make up anything to criticize him in order to create their own deity

I think I just found it IG. ROFL
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:17:24 AM
At 6/30/2014 8:53:23 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

I don't believe in an "oral compass" either. I prefer my oral other ways.

Lol, this.
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:48:46 AM

This is not what any atheists believe.

1. This is correct, but goes one step further. They don't believe in ANY god.
2. They don't hate something they don't believe in. They find it hypocritical theists claim a genocidal celestial dictator could be loving, if he existed, which they do not believe he does.
3. Atheists do NOT believe good and bad are relative. Most atheists tend to be humanists, which puts a very high emphasis on personal morality. You're basing your assumption of moral relativity off of stereotypes.
4. Atheists do not all hate Christians. Many atheists hate when Christians attempt to legislate from their scripture, as the atheists do not believe in scripture and the US constitution prevents scripture from becoming law.

There, now you're straightened out.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 8:51:24 AM

Prove any of this.

Well done you.

hahahahahahahahahaha

The whinny again. Anyone can use your posts to show you've made those all contradictory claims.

You and the God Delusion's author. That's two now.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:14:00 AM
Oh no, not contradictory claims?
Like when jesus said to love everybody or when he said that if you don't HATE your family you are not one of his followers?

Which contradictory claims are you claiming? I like the biblical ones. YOU?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:41:45 AM
True.
Yeah, I hate the fictional god who drowned all those people.
I also think Jesus is evil too!
False. Not all atheists hate Christians. I am tolerant of religion.

You're inconsistent.