Jump to topic:

I Nominate Myself

Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 6:07:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If any elements from the bible were to be realized, Christians wouldn't know what to do with themselves. 2000 years out of practice does not bode well for Christianity. Scrambling for direction, they would lack focus and attempt to do everything in their own power and understanding. A complementing director is required for the improbable task of rejuvenating the Church.

I am willing to objectively attack my own people's faith, with supernatural selection. Weak Christians will secede, strong Jesus Freaks will unify the central core of believers.
Narravi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:42:31 PM
At 6/23/2014 6:07:06 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If any elements from the bible were to be realized, Christians wouldn't know what to do with themselves. 2000 years out of practice does not bode well for Christianity. Scrambling for direction, they would lack focus and attempt to do everything in their own power and understanding. A complementing director is required for the improbable task of rejuvenating the Church.

I am willing to objectively attack my own people's faith, with supernatural selection. Weak Christians will secede, strong Jesus Freaks will unify the central core of believers.

Many elements of the bible are being realized as we speak. Matt 24, 2 Tim 3, and various parts of Daniel and Revelation are all seeing fulfillment in our time (I'll quote them later if you like). The proof of a good Christian would be if they actually know what their book is saying and can see it. The vast majority of "Christians" don't know much about the bible at all, aside from maybe the golden rule and the 10 commandments and that some dude named Jesus was running around a couple millennia ago.

And to be honest, if a person is to put faith in anything, they should be CONSTANTLY attacking their own faith, challenging it, holding it up to the evidence around them to see if their faith really is true or not. Acts 17:11. This is also a mark of a good Christian.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 9:31:30 AM

I doubt I'd try to address the OP even if it was in English.

I guess Sophisto is under 5'5" tall.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 12:39:25 PM

And atheists who not even agree on whether they are actually claiming whether God exists are not are the supposed model of human agreement we should follow instead?

I wonder, do atheists EVER stop for a second and judge themselves by the standards they judge others? Or is it just about finding faults in others in sheer hubris?