Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:58:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is something that happened to me today:

"Avoiding the Appearance of Evil"

While my wife was away at work today, 6/23/2014, I watched Max Lucado on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network). He gave a short 30 minute Sermon on Joseph being tempted by Potiphar's wife to commit adultery from Genesis 39:7-12 and how Joseph obeyed the Lord and refused to commit adultery with her.

At the end of the sermon, Max Lucado (who is a well known Christian author) said "soon" that the viewer (as in me) would face sexual temptation and that the viewer needed to be faithful to the Lord Jesus.

I went outside a few minutes later to get the mail before my wife would return home from work. Inside my mailbox was a package for another address (the package was addressed to an address with an "8" in it but the "8" looked like a "3" because of a printing error so the package ended up in my mail box).

I thought "I will do the decent thing and be a good neighbor and hand carry the package to the address it belongs to". As I was walking in my neighborhood towards the condo with the "8" in it, I noticed on the package that it was addressed to a woman.

I decided at that point I would ring the doorbell to the gate of the condo subgroup, but not deliver the package inside if I am buzzed in, but instead wait for the person to come and get the package outside on the street.

I ringed the buzzer and I was immediately "buzzed" in. I rang it again and was buzzed in again. I rang it 2 more times and was buzzed in each time. Then a young woman yelled to me outside, "Who is it?" I said that I had a package for her so she came down and got the package and I left.

Now I really doubt anything "sexual" would have happened if I had gone up to her condo but it would have had an "appearance of evil" and could have been a source of accusation if someone had inquired as to what I was doing at someone else's condo and then they found out a young woman lived there.

God warned me using the Bible, TBN, and Max Lucado. The enemy, satan, is very much active in trying to destroy the lives of the servants of Jesus. Be aware of sexual temptation and even the appearance of evil. God bless and everyone have a great day : )

Genesis 39:7-12 (NIV 2011)
(7) and after a while his master"s wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!"
(8) But he refused. "With me in charge," he told her, "my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care.
(9) No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?"
(10) And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.
(11) One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside.
(12) She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Narravi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:21:55 PM
To comment on the account of Joseph, isn't it interesting that Joseph had a concept of "sin" and what God's views of right and wrong were? Remember, he had no Bible at that time. Moses would not write the first books of the Bible for a long time after Joseph. Yet, he knew. Really, everyone has an ingrained moral sense, because we are all made in God's image. Romans 2:14, 15

This is also why the majority of laws and religions repeat the same general things. Don't murder. Don't steal. Don't commit adultery. It's hard-wired into us.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:42:13 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:21:55 PM, Narravi wrote:
To comment on the account of Joseph, isn't it interesting that Joseph had a concept of "sin" and what God's views of right and wrong were? Remember, he had no Bible at that time. Moses would not write the first books of the Bible for a long time after Joseph. Yet, he knew. Really, everyone has an ingrained moral sense, because we are all made in God's image. Romans 2:14, 15

This is also why the majority of laws and religions repeat the same general things. Don't murder. Don't steal. Don't commit adultery. It's hard-wired into us.

Moses didn't write anything, grow up.
The hard wiring is a result of evolution, you people are slow.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Narravi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:44:08 PM

Neither did Shakespeare. And Abraham Lincoln never existed. Prove me wrong.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:45:35 PM
I feel sorry for you then. You are in favour of genocide, infanticide, child rape, slavery and murdering rape victims.
What a disgusting person you must be.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:48:17 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:44:08 PM, Narravi wrote:

Is your education that lacking.
Narravi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:51:01 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:48:17 PM, bulproof wrote:

No, but the proof I requested from you certainly was. Should be an easy task, providing proof that world-famous figures of the past really did exist. Should I do it for you?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:59:05 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:51:01 PM, Narravi wrote:

No, but the proof I requested from you certainly was. Should be an easy task, providing proof that world-famous figures of the past really did exist. Should I do it for you?
You can do whatever floats ya boat, but you'll never prove that Moses wrote anything. You'll actually never prove that Moses even existed. The exodus certainly didn't happen.
Narravi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 12:36:25 AM
At 6/23/2014 11:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:

You can do whatever floats ya boat, but you'll never prove that Moses wrote anything. You'll actually never prove that Moses even existed. The exodus certainly didn't happen.

"Shakespeare certainly never wrote anything." Any logic you can use to refute that statement can also be used to refute the statement that Moses never existed. Also, if you say that I can't prove that the exodus happened, then you definitely can't prove that it CERTAINLY didn't happen, as you said. A scientifically minded person as I assume you are should be smarter than to say something like that.

Unless I've overestimated your intelligence, in which case, nevermind.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 12:53:32 AM
At 6/23/2014 11:21:55 PM, Narravi wrote:

A very good point, which I have been trying to make for a very long time. Goodness is an inherent thing which comes from within, not from a set of rules set-out by any one particular society.
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 2:31:25 AM
At 6/23/2014 11:59:05 PM, bulproof wrote:

Moses didn't exist? The Exodus didn't happen? Why then have the Jews been celebrating Passover for 1000s of years? Do they celebrate it for nothing?