Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Einstein Insults Jesus from Beyond Grave!

TRUECRISTIAN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 3:12:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
An unknown collector of blasphemous works paid $404,000 today for a letter written by Albert Einstein, famous dead Jewish God-hater.

Mr. Einstein, better known for his Theory of Relativity, felt a need to express his hatred of God shortly before Jesus killed him.

Quote:
The letter was written to philosopher Eric Gutkind in January 1954, a year before Einstein's death. In it, the Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
How could a man who spent his entire life studying the wonders of Creation hold the Creator in such contempt?!

At least we know where Mr. Einstein will end up come Judgment Day!
skinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 7:04:02 AM
Smart man who used his brains instead of accepting life as a mental clone of ancient dead men with all their often weird, violent, and silly ideas about everything. I believe in the Creator and I have no difficulty at all with Einstein's viewpoint about the Bible. Any intellectual worth their salt knows by now that the writers of the Bible told whoppers about a history of us Jews that never happened yet you want to believe the fables whereas Einstein said "no thanks, to human invention pawned off as "Word of God". That's my feeling too. So many religious people confuse their various Book Idols with God and think that everyone else should do the same as them but why? It's not very intelligent to want to piggy-back on the mistaken ideas of ancient dead men so smart men and women don't do it. We don't obey the ideas of ancient philosophers or scientists because they were often wrong and knowledge accumulates with time and experience. Only the foolish believe the Past should rule the Present and the Future when the Past is proven to be inadequate to meet the challenges of the Present day. To demand others choose the same inadequate solution is selfish as well as dumb. But that's organized religion for you, selfish and dumb.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 7:32:10 AM
At 6/26/2014 3:12:48 AM, TRUECRISTIAN wrote:
An unknown collector of blasphemous works paid $404,000 today for a letter written by Albert Einstein, famous dead Jewish God-hater.

Mr. Einstein, better known for his Theory of Relativity, felt a need to express his hatred of God shortly before Jesus killed him.

Quote:
The letter was written to philosopher Eric Gutkind in January 1954, a year before Einstein's death. In it, the Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
How could a man who spent his entire life studying the wonders of Creation hold the Creator in such contempt?!

It is because Einstein was an atheist. He never studied a biblical "creation" or any religious "creation", he studied science and came to the logical conclusion. To hate on him for his stance on the existence of a god is pathetic.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:48:27 AM
At 6/26/2014 7:32:10 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Quote:

It is because Einstein was an atheist. He never studied a biblical "creation" or any religious "creation", he studied science and came to the logical conclusion. To hate on him for his stance on the existence of a god is pathetic.

Actually Einstein was a pantheist.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 12:27:46 PM
At 6/26/2014 9:48:27 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Quote:

I still find it hilarious that some theists try and twist Einstein's views.

http://youtu.be...

Einstein wrote a letter that said the following.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

Einstien said in 2000 Years of Disbelief,

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world."

Einstien even said he was agnostic and did not like the label atheist because of the perception of what an atheist is.

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

Another reason for this facepalm is that pantheism is a form of atheism. Pantheists do not believe in an actual god. It can be said that pantheism is "sexed-up atheism".

So, Einstein was an agnostic atheist of the pantheist variety.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 12:47:45 PM

Quote:

He wasn't necesarliy an atheist, but his beliefs were somewhat towards Desim and Spinoza's God, but wasn't a commited believer of any of them. He did think the idea of the other religions to be irrational.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 12:49:24 PM
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."
andymcstab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 2:40:03 PM

Quote:

"Your question is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. " - A.Einstein

""In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." -
The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214"

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details." - A.Einstein

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - A.Einstein

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind." - A.Einstein

"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble." - A.Einstein
andymcstab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 2:42:47 PM
Aren't you atheists embarrassed by the obsession of people like "TRUECRISTIAN", who create fake accounts and pretend to be Christian just to offer straw-man arguments and statements?

Again, I encourage you to report "TRUECRISTIAN", for obviously assuming a fake identity for pusposes of trolling and misrepresentation. No intelligent, honest people should tolerate such behavior, atheist or otherwise.
andymcstab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 2:46:10 PM
His two friends are atheists. No surprise. These are atheists who obviously contacted him, in recognition that he is a fake account created to misrepresent Christians.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:19:01 PM

Quote: vg

He wasn't holding God in contempt, he was expressing his contempt for those who believe silly stories about a ridiculous God. And he was correct; the Bible is quite childish and requires a shameful level of childish irrationality to believe it. And it is because Einstein spent his life studying and gaining an understanding of reality that he didn't believe in God or the Bible. In fact, scientists today offer the lowest rates of theism among any field of study. The more you understand about reality, The less you believe in God.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:35:33 PM
At 6/26/2014 2:42:47 PM, andymcstab wrote:
Aren't you atheists embarrassed by the obsession of people like "TRUECRISTIAN", who create fake accounts and pretend to be Christian just to offer straw-man arguments and statements?

There's nothing to be embarrassed about, unless you're "embarrassed" by the westborough baptist church.

Again, I encourage you to report "TRUECRISTIAN", for obviously assuming a fake identity for pusposes of trolling and misrepresentation. No intelligent, honest people should tolerate such behavior, atheist or otherwise.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:04:58 PM

Quote:

That's interesting. Having never studied it, how could he comment on it?

Studying science alone can give you little to no conclusions about God, let alone validating his existence.
TRUECRISTIAN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 1:35:40 AM
Are you saved? The reason I ask is because you seem to be very ignorant. So that leads me to believe that you really have no understanding of the Lord. To someone who believes the Lord well enough to tell you about the free gift you can receive, called SALVATION. Salvation is the only way you will enter the kingdom of heaven. You have to believe with all your heart that God sacrificed his only begotten Son Jesus Christ for all our sins. You also must believe that Jesus died on the cross, was buried and resurrected in 3 days. I will pray for you that you allow yourself this gift and become a true Christian in the army of the Lord. If you choose to remain ignorant lost soul, enjoy your life in hell.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 1:44:15 AM
At 6/26/2014 9:19:01 PM, Beastt wrote:

Quote: vg

He wasn't holding God in contempt, he was expressing his contempt for those who believe silly stories about a ridiculous God. And he was correct; the Bible is quite childish and requires a shameful level of childish irrationality to believe it. And it is because Einstein spent his life studying and gaining an understanding of reality that he didn't believe in God or the Bible. In fact, scientists today offer the lowest rates of theism among any field of study. The more you understand about reality, The less you believe in God.

*tips fedora*
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 1:48:42 AM
At 6/26/2014 12:27:46 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Quote:

I'm an agnostic, keep digging though xD

What does a YouTube vid prove?

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

Believing in science =! not believing in God. More Scientists believe in God than non-Scientists. Einstein said "I believe in Spinoza's God, the God that is imminent throughout reality."

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world."

That proves nothing, only that Einstein didn't believe in religious Gods.

Another reason for this facepalm is that pantheism is a form of atheism. Pantheists do not believe in an actual god. It can be said that pantheism is "sexed-up atheism".

Moving the goalposts 101.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 3:29:49 AM
At 6/27/2014 1:35:40 AM, TRUECRISTIAN wrote:
Are you saved? The reason I ask is because you seem to be very ignorant.
One might be tempted to point out that every other person in the thread seems to be sufficiently knowledgeable to properly address their posts... everyone except you.

So that leads me to believe that you really have no understanding of the Lord.
And you have no understanding of the difference between salvation and extortion.

To someone who believes the Lord well enough to tell you about the free gift you can receive, called SALVATION. Salvation is the only way you will enter the kingdom of heaven. You have to believe with all your heart that God sacrificed his only begotten Son Jesus Christ for all our sins. You also must believe that Jesus died on the cross, was buried and resurrected in 3 days. I will pray for you that you allow yourself this gift and become a true Christian in the army of the Lord. If you choose to remain ignorant lost soul, enjoy your life in hell.
Firstly, you're repeating a story you read, or were told about, or both. Hearing a story doesn't make the story true.

Secondly, Christian salvation isn't free. You must pay for it by dismissing your rationality, in favor of the absurd practice of belief devoid of evidence.

Thirdly, what Christianity claims to offer isn't salvation, it's extortion. If a mugger holds a gun to your head and offers not to kill you if you give them your money, that's not salvation, that's extortion. They are placing you in peril in an attempt to coerce you into giving up something they want.
If God holds Hell over your head, and offers not to send you there if you give him your rationality and belief, that's not salvation, it's extortion.

In both cases, the offender is placing you in peril, then offering to remove the peril in exchange for something they want.

God >> uses Hell as a threat >> demands your rationality and belief >> in exchange for your belief and ability to remain rational.
Mugger >> uses a gun as a threat >> demands your money >> in exchange for letting you live.

God is only offering to "save" you from the peril he's threatening to subject you to. If I tied you over a 1,000-foot gorge and held a knife to the rope holding you, and demanded that you sign your house and car over to me, or I'll cut the rope, and you do as I demand, does that make me your "savior"?

Anyone who accepts the idea that the threat imposed by the Christian God is salvation, is without any form of reasoning skills. When someone offers to "save" you from the peril from which they have they have subjected you , it's extortion, not salvation. And extortion is illegal because it is the threat of using force to take from you, anything they believe to be of value. It's a form of robbery.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 3:46:37 AM
At 6/27/2014 1:48:42 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 6/26/2014 12:27:46 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Quote:

I'm an agnostic, keep digging though xD

What does a YouTube vid prove?

Believing in science =! not believing in God.
Maintaining science methodology does exclude concluding that God exists. In science, all conclusions must be supported by objective evidence. There is no evidence for God.

More Scientists believe in God than non-Scientists.
That is incorrect.
http://www.pewforum.org...
- 83% of the general public believe in God
- 33% of scientists believe in God
- 12% of the general public believe in a universal spirit or higher power
- 18% of scientists believe in a universal spirit or higher power
- 4% of the general public don't believe in God or a universal spirit/higher power
- 41% of scientists don't believe in God or a universal spirit/higher power
- 1% of the general public don't know or declined to answer
- 7% of scientists don't know or declined to answer

Einstein said "I believe in Spinoza's God, the God that is imminent throughout reality."
That is true. This was his subjective conclusion. Einstein's subjective conclusion on the universe was that it was static - so much so that he developed his original "cosmological constant" to "correct" the finding that it was expanding. His subjective belief on black holes was that they didn't really exist, and were prevented by some as yet unknown factor. Einstein's subjective assessment on the power of splitting atoms was that it was unusable, as it required more power to split an atom, that was released by the process.

Einstein was beyond brilliant when he adhered to the scientific standard of remaining objective and trusting the conclusions founded on evidence. All of his greatest blunders came from his subjective assessments - one of which was the assumption that a deity (non-personal god), existed.

That proves nothing, only that Einstein didn't believe in religious Gods.

Moving the goalposts 101.
Einstein didn't claim himself to be an atheist. However, his outlook on God was very similar to the claim that "god" was a word to describe the wonders of nature.