Jump to topic:

Any knowledgeable Calvinists willing to talk

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 2:50:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Any knowledgeable Calvinists willing to talk to me personally (via PM) about how TULIP is biblically accurate? (I know that P is accurate, but what about the rest of the points?)

I have a very strong feeling that those points are biblically sound. However, I end up having so many questions.. Like, why does Calvinism teach that Jesus only died for the sheep? Wouldn't that imply that it's not people's fault for going to hell since they had no way of getting redeemed? If anybody is willing to talk to me about this in depth via PM, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 3:04:17 AM
At 6/27/2014 2:50:21 AM, GOP wrote:
Any knowledgeable Calvinists willing to talk to me personally (via PM) about how TULIP is biblically accurate? (I know that P is accurate, but what about the rest of the points?)

I have a very strong feeling that those points are biblically sound. However, I end up having so many questions.. Like, why does Calvinism teach that Jesus only died for the sheep? Wouldn't that imply that it's not people's fault for going to hell since they had no way of getting redeemed? If anybody is willing to talk to me about this in depth via PM, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

I mean, sorry. It is people's fault for going to hell sin they sinned, but I meant to ask, can people be blamed for not believing in Christ since they have NO way of being redeemed?
Maryland_Kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 1:16:06 PM
I'd be willing to have a talk. I'm really busy right now, I want to get a debate that wasn't voted on... "Liberalism is a threat to Christianity."
The defender of Christianity, Calvinism, Creationism, and Conservative politics.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 10:53:36 PM

The "P" isn't accurate either: it is merely the necessary implication of the T, U, L, and I.

I have a very strong feeling that those points are biblically sound.

The entire doctrine is rotten to the core. It starts out rotten, and then one rotten plank after another is nailed to it.

However, I end up having so many questions.. Like, why does Calvinism teach that Jesus only died for the sheep? Wouldn't that imply that it's not people's fault for going to hell since they had no way of getting redeemed? If anybody is willing to talk to me about this in depth via PM, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Decent questions, but Calvinists err on the very nature of man, then require what amounts to a miracle to convert him.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 11:43:56 PM
At 6/27/2014 10:53:36 PM, annanicole wrote:

The "P" isn't accurate either: it is merely the necessary implication of the T, U, L, and I.

The entire doctrine is rotten to the core. It starts out rotten, and then one rotten plank after another is nailed to it.

However, I end up having so many questions.. Like, why does Calvinism teach that Jesus only died for the sheep? Wouldn't that imply that it's not people's fault for going to hell since they had no way of getting redeemed? If anybody is willing to talk to me about this in depth via PM, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Decent questions, but Calvinists err on the very nature of man, then require what amounts to a miracle to convert him.

People can believe whatever they want, but I agree with this wholeheartedly.

The idea of the elect is just beyond the point of nonsensical to me. What an awful God they believe in.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:01:00 AM
At 6/27/2014 11:43:56 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

The idea of the elect is just beyond the point of nonsensical to me. What an awful God they believe in.

Then why in the world would you go to the end of the system and accept the culmination of the first four points: the utter impossibility that a person could, by some act or some belief, sever himself and fall away from grace?

It seems to me that the very reason for sticking the "P" on the end is that if the first four planks are true, then the "P" is the necessary implication.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:01:34 AM

Oh, excuse me ... that was posted to the wrong person.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:12:24 AM
At 6/28/2014 12:01:34 AM, annanicole wrote:

Haha I figured
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:33:28 AM
At 6/28/2014 12:12:24 AM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 6/28/2014 12:01:34 AM, annanicole wrote:

Haha I figured

Well, you are correct that the Calvinist position (or at least I should say that I feel that the Calvinistic system) is a noxious system that is not taught in the Bible in the first place. I am aware that a few passages seem on the surface to teach it, then a few more are twisted into teaching it, but on the whole, it is a Bible-contradicting notion from start to finish. How it ever gained a resurgence is beyond me. It, like Catholicism, is a feeding ground for atheists who point out the gross inconsistencies, and rightfully so - not so much from a Biblical standpoint, from from a common-sense standpoint.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:43:47 AM

I hold to Calvinism but wouldn't refer myself as a Calvinist, I'd be willing to answer any questions regarding TULIP.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad