Total Posts:109|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus' Message and what it Means Today

Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:47:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

I have, but not sure about everyone else who is trying to be the next American Fascist.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:55:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.

Hehe. I always laugh at hypocrites like you who put gay marriage in the same league as incest and murder. You know what used to be in that league by Christians? Civil Rights, Female Rights and Interracial marriage. Unless you think all three of those are sins too.

I agree abortion is murder, but I ain't gonna deny a woman's choice. Plus, what if she doesn't give an abortion and gives birth. She may have a medical condition and will most likely die if it's serious. And what if the child has been diagnosed with a disease or disorder that will kill him at a very young age? Would you be willing to let any one of these people die by banning abortions? If so, then you are the murderers of either one of them. At least if the kid had a disorder in the womb, he could have a quick death like we do to Cattle in the slaughterhouses.

Practicing homosexual? So your a practicing heterosexual? Because heterosexual ain't the default orientation. Now if your going to deny the scientific evidence and research that proves homosexuality is natural, cannot be changed and is warned by doctors and scientists that you should avoid trying even conversion therapy, then you are ignorant and not open to anything that is truthful.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:06:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:55:20 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.

I agree abortion is murder, but I ain't gonna deny a woman's choice. Plus, what if she doesn't give an abortion and gives birth. She may have a medical condition and will most likely die if it's serious. And what if the child has been diagnosed with a disease or disorder that will kill him at a very young age? Would you be willing to let any one of these people die by banning abortions? If so, then you are the murderers of either one of them. At least if the kid had a disorder in the womb, he could have a quick death like we do to Cattle in the slaughterhouses.

There is a difference between euthanasia and murder.

Practicing homosexual? So your a practicing heterosexual?

One can be heterosexual and not act out on it, can he/she not?

Because heterosexual ain't the default orientation. Now if your going to deny the scientific evidence and research that proves homosexuality is natural, cannot be changed and is warned by doctors and scientists that you should avoid trying even conversion therapy, then you are ignorant and not open to anything that is truthful.

So homosexuality is really just "normal"? Then what, pray tell, is heterosexuality?

Could you tell me which of the following are or are not "normal" for the people that possess these traits?

Heterosexuality
Homosexuality
Kleptomania
Agoraphobia
Syndactyly
Addiction of any sort
Anxiety conditions
Acrophobia

I just want to ascertain exactly what you call "normal" and figure out what criteria you use.

Another thing: weren't you the one who ignorantly dismissed the writings of Paul because "Jesus didn't say it". In other words, to you, if it's not in the recorded teachings of Jesus - if you can't find it there - then it's not worth consideration. I think that was you.

Last question: are you homosexual?

If so, are you under some sort of requirement to act on that trait. What happens to you if you don't?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:21:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:06:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:20 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.

I agree abortion is murder, but I ain't gonna deny a woman's choice. Plus, what if she doesn't give an abortion and gives birth. She may have a medical condition and will most likely die if it's serious. And what if the child has been diagnosed with a disease or disorder that will kill him at a very young age? Would you be willing to let any one of these people die by banning abortions? If so, then you are the murderers of either one of them. At least if the kid had a disorder in the womb, he could have a quick death like we do to Cattle in the slaughterhouses.

There is a difference between euthanasia and murder.

Practicing homosexual? So your a practicing heterosexual?

One can be heterosexual and not act out on it, can he/she not?

Because heterosexual ain't the default orientation. Now if your going to deny the scientific evidence and research that proves homosexuality is natural, cannot be changed and is warned by doctors and scientists that you should avoid trying even conversion therapy, then you are ignorant and not open to anything that is truthful.

So homosexuality is really just "normal"? Then what, pray tell, is heterosexuality?

Could you tell me which of the following are or are not "normal" for the people that possess these traits?

Heterosexuality
Homosexuality
Kleptomania
Agoraphobia
Syndactyly
Addiction of any sort
Anxiety conditions
Acrophobia

I just want to ascertain exactly what you call "normal" and figure out what criteria you use.

Another thing: weren't you the one who ignorantly dismissed the writings of Paul because "Jesus didn't say it". In other words, to you, if it's not in the recorded teachings of Jesus - if you can't find it there - then it's not worth consideration. I think that was you.

Last question: are you homosexual?

If so, are you under some sort of requirement to act on that trait. What happens to you if you don't?

Your right. I am the one. I don't think Paul's words are meant to be considered sacred or holy. He is just one other man, doing his own deeds in the name of God. He contradicts his teachings. Like he says Jesus is the Lord of the dead and living, but Yeshua himself said that he is only the Lord of the living.

Look in the teachings of Jesus and Paul and you will find where they contradict each other.

I'm not gay. I just happen to be the heterosexual who is sick of "Christians" who bastardize the bible.

You put sexual orientations in a list of some disorders. Then your one of those who thinks it was wrong for the psychologists and neurologists (who are experts in the brain) to remove homosexuality as a disorder from their list of disorders? Your crazy.. Homosexuality is not like incest, murder, rape, arson, and any other thing that's crazy. God meant for humans to love. He definitely didn't want bestiality. God says for us to be with our own kind. Human kind.

Not really. Euthanasia is just assisted suicide, which is murder. And what does that comment mean? You would want mothers to give birth and die?
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:34:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:21:38 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:06:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:20 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.

I agree abortion is murder, but I ain't gonna deny a woman's choice. Plus, what if she doesn't give an abortion and gives birth. She may have a medical condition and will most likely die if it's serious. And what if the child has been diagnosed with a disease or disorder that will kill him at a very young age? Would you be willing to let any one of these people die by banning abortions? If so, then you are the murderers of either one of them. At least if the kid had a disorder in the womb, he could have a quick death like we do to Cattle in the slaughterhouses.

There is a difference between euthanasia and murder.

Practicing homosexual? So your a practicing heterosexual?

One can be heterosexual and not act out on it, can he/she not?

Because heterosexual ain't the default orientation. Now if your going to deny the scientific evidence and research that proves homosexuality is natural, cannot be changed and is warned by doctors and scientists that you should avoid trying even conversion therapy, then you are ignorant and not open to anything that is truthful.

So homosexuality is really just "normal"? Then what, pray tell, is heterosexuality?

Could you tell me which of the following are or are not "normal" for the people that possess these traits?

Heterosexuality
Homosexuality
Kleptomania
Agoraphobia
Syndactyly
Addiction of any sort
Anxiety conditions
Acrophobia

I just want to ascertain exactly what you call "normal" and figure out what criteria you use.

Another thing: weren't you the one who ignorantly dismissed the writings of Paul because "Jesus didn't say it". In other words, to you, if it's not in the recorded teachings of Jesus - if you can't find it there - then it's not worth consideration. I think that was you.

Last question: are you homosexual?

If so, are you under some sort of requirement to act on that trait. What happens to you if you don't?

Your right. I am the one. I don't think Paul's words are meant to be considered sacred or holy. He is just one other man, doing his own deeds in the name of God. He contradicts his teachings. Like he says Jesus is the Lord of the dead and living, but Yeshua himself said that he is only the Lord of the living.

Jesus was not only talking about the physically dead as evidenced by His further statement, "Let the dead bury their dead." I'll say the same thing that they both said: "Jesus is the Lord of the physically living and physically dead, but among those, He is only the Lord of those who are spiritually alive - no matter what their physical state."

Look in the teachings of Jesus and Paul and you will find where they contradict each other.

I see no contradiction - and certainly not the one you tried to point out.

I'm not gay. I just happen to be the heterosexual who is sick of "Christians" who bastardize the bible.

... yet that's just what you do. You have come up with a ridiculous theology which in effect tosses out 80% of the NT ... closer to 90% ... since you have decided that the "words in red" are the only ones applicable to you.

You put sexual orientations in a list of some disorders. Then your one of those who thinks it was wrong for the psychologists and neurologists (who are experts in the brain) to remove homosexuality as a disorder from their list of disorders? Your crazy.. Homosexuality is not like incest, murder, rape, arson, and any other thing that's crazy. God meant for humans to love. He definitely didn't want bestiality. God says for us to be with our own kind. Human kind.

Then answer the question(s).

Not really. Euthanasia is just assisted suicide, which is murder. And what does that comment mean? You would want mothers to give birth and die?

Euthanasia is not assisted suicide. I have euthanized thousands of animals, and not a one of them was committing suicide. Doctors for years have given megadoses of morphine to the terminally ill with the consent of their families. But it was not assisted suicide. Are you sure you even know what you're talking about?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:51:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:34:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:21:38 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:06:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:20 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.

I agree abortion is murder, but I ain't gonna deny a woman's choice. Plus, what if she doesn't give an abortion and gives birth. She may have a medical condition and will most likely die if it's serious. And what if the child has been diagnosed with a disease or disorder that will kill him at a very young age? Would you be willing to let any one of these people die by banning abortions? If so, then you are the murderers of either one of them. At least if the kid had a disorder in the womb, he could have a quick death like we do to Cattle in the slaughterhouses.

There is a difference between euthanasia and murder.

Practicing homosexual? So your a practicing heterosexual?

One can be heterosexual and not act out on it, can he/she not?

Because heterosexual ain't the default orientation. Now if your going to deny the scientific evidence and research that proves homosexuality is natural, cannot be changed and is warned by doctors and scientists that you should avoid trying even conversion therapy, then you are ignorant and not open to anything that is truthful.

So homosexuality is really just "normal"? Then what, pray tell, is heterosexuality?

Could you tell me which of the following are or are not "normal" for the people that possess these traits?

Heterosexuality
Homosexuality
Kleptomania
Agoraphobia
Syndactyly
Addiction of any sort
Anxiety conditions
Acrophobia

I just want to ascertain exactly what you call "normal" and figure out what criteria you use.

Another thing: weren't you the one who ignorantly dismissed the writings of Paul because "Jesus didn't say it". In other words, to you, if it's not in the recorded teachings of Jesus - if you can't find it there - then it's not worth consideration. I think that was you.

Last question: are you homosexual?

If so, are you under some sort of requirement to act on that trait. What happens to you if you don't?

Your right. I am the one. I don't think Paul's words are meant to be considered sacred or holy. He is just one other man, doing his own deeds in the name of God. He contradicts his teachings. Like he says Jesus is the Lord of the dead and living, but Yeshua himself said that he is only the Lord of the living.

Jesus was not only talking about the physically dead as evidenced by His further statement, "Let the dead bury their dead." I'll say the same thing that they both said: "Jesus is the Lord of the physically living and physically dead, but among those, He is only the Lord of those who are spiritually alive - no matter what their physical state."

Look in the teachings of Jesus and Paul and you will find where they contradict each other.

I see no contradiction - and certainly not the one you tried to point out.

I'm not gay. I just happen to be the heterosexual who is sick of "Christians" who bastardize the bible.

... yet that's just what you do. You have come up with a ridiculous theology which in effect tosses out 80% of the NT ... closer to 90% ... since you have decided that the "words in red" are the only ones applicable to you.

You put sexual orientations in a list of some disorders. Then your one of those who thinks it was wrong for the psychologists and neurologists (who are experts in the brain) to remove homosexuality as a disorder from their list of disorders? Your crazy.. Homosexuality is not like incest, murder, rape, arson, and any other thing that's crazy. God meant for humans to love. He definitely didn't want bestiality. God says for us to be with our own kind. Human kind.

Then answer the question(s).

Not really. Euthanasia is just assisted suicide, which is murder. And what does that comment mean? You would want mothers to give birth and die?

Euthanasia is not assisted suicide. I have euthanized thousands of animals, and not a one of them was committing suicide. Doctors for years have given megadoses of morphine to the terminally ill with the consent of their families. But it was not assisted suicide. Are you sure you even know what you're talking about?

Your killing animals. Euthanasia is the consent of allowing one's death. So to commit euthanasia, the person you are about to kill is saying you can kill them. I don't think you know what Euthanasia is.

To answer your question, heterosexuality and homosexuality shouldn't be with a list of disorders that you gave. Kleptomaniacs steal because something in their brain is telling them to do it. And they earn this. You are born gay, straight, bi and Asexual. So sexual orientation is natural. Disorders or disabilities that you develop through trauma or Nurture, are not natural in the same sense.

Are you a doctor? You say you kill animals. Or euthanize them.

I don't freaking bastardiize the bible. I read it. The old testament tells us what the Leviticus laws were aimed at. Moses and his people starting a tribe. And the 18:22 and 20:13 verses were because they needed to populate that specific tribe. And God knew only men and women could reproduce. But not once in there did he say the gay relationship was forbidden. That verse about Jesus saying let the dead bury the dead is not making a point. Jesus said the living as in those who are alive. And note that these were written by other men who have different writings but similar stories (most likely because each one remembered something different or forgot another thing.) Jesus is Lord over the living, but still with the dead one's spirits. Paul believes that Jesus even reigns over the physically dead. Then again, this is just spiritual beliefs and is open to interpretation. But the point I am making is, that even what the Apostle Paul said, didn't condemn gay relationships. Just gay sex at that time because it was being used to worship false gods. Your trying to sound like you've met Jesus personally and that you know everything when you said I toss out the NT. I follow 100% of that stuff. Even the Apostle Paul because he is at least an apologist who gave advice to be a strict Christian of those times. So do I think Paul was a good Christian, yes. Do I think his words deserve to be holy scripture? Does Ravi Zacharias, CS Lewis and Dr. William Lane Craig deserve to be in the bible?
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:14:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:51:10 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:34:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:21:38 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:06:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:20 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:46:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:28:08 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Christ was often prone to speak in parables, which means his message is often misinterpreted. Jesus' message was one of peace and forgiveness. I think Christianity today fails to reflect this when it bans things like gay marriage or abortion. We are all children of Jesus and must follow his message.

Have my fellow Christians acted with love and forgiveness towards their friends and family today?

One is not practicing love, peace, or forgiveness when he/she sanctions or condones gay marriage, incest, abortion, and the like. It is sinful to be mean, as in vicious, to people who have done or are doing those things - but it is also wrong to say, "Oh, you're ok. God is happy with your actions." In fact, those who are mean, vicious, and hateful to them are in the same boat they are, only for different reasons.

I can very easily be nice and civil to someone who is a practicing homosexual. In fact, I am - the same way I am nice to those practicing adultery or incest or anything else of that nature. Being nice to them does not in any way mean that I condone what they are doing.

I agree abortion is murder, but I ain't gonna deny a woman's choice. Plus, what if she doesn't give an abortion and gives birth. She may have a medical condition and will most likely die if it's serious. And what if the child has been diagnosed with a disease or disorder that will kill him at a very young age? Would you be willing to let any one of these people die by banning abortions? If so, then you are the murderers of either one of them. At least if the kid had a disorder in the womb, he could have a quick death like we do to Cattle in the slaughterhouses.

There is a difference between euthanasia and murder.

Practicing homosexual? So your a practicing heterosexual?

One can be heterosexual and not act out on it, can he/she not?

Because heterosexual ain't the default orientation. Now if your going to deny the scientific evidence and research that proves homosexuality is natural, cannot be changed and is warned by doctors and scientists that you should avoid trying even conversion therapy, then you are ignorant and not open to anything that is truthful.

So homosexuality is really just "normal"? Then what, pray tell, is heterosexuality?

Could you tell me which of the following are or are not "normal" for the people that possess these traits?

Heterosexuality
Homosexuality
Kleptomania
Agoraphobia
Syndactyly
Addiction of any sort
Anxiety conditions
Acrophobia

I just want to ascertain exactly what you call "normal" and figure out what criteria you use.

Another thing: weren't you the one who ignorantly dismissed the writings of Paul because "Jesus didn't say it". In other words, to you, if it's not in the recorded teachings of Jesus - if you can't find it there - then it's not worth consideration. I think that was you.

Last question: are you homosexual?

If so, are you under some sort of requirement to act on that trait. What happens to you if you don't?

Your right. I am the one. I don't think Paul's words are meant to be considered sacred or holy. He is just one other man, doing his own deeds in the name of God. He contradicts his teachings. Like he says Jesus is the Lord of the dead and living, but Yeshua himself said that he is only the Lord of the living.

Jesus was not only talking about the physically dead as evidenced by His further statement, "Let the dead bury their dead." I'll say the same thing that they both said: "Jesus is the Lord of the physically living and physically dead, but among those, He is only the Lord of those who are spiritually alive - no matter what their physical state."

Look in the teachings of Jesus and Paul and you will find where they contradict each other.

I see no contradiction - and certainly not the one you tried to point out.

I'm not gay. I just happen to be the heterosexual who is sick of "Christians" who bastardize the bible.

... yet that's just what you do. You have come up with a ridiculous theology which in effect tosses out 80% of the NT ... closer to 90% ... since you have decided that the "words in red" are the only ones applicable to you.

You put sexual orientations in a list of some disorders. Then your one of those who thinks it was wrong for the psychologists and neurologists (who are experts in the brain) to remove homosexuality as a disorder from their list of disorders? Your crazy.. Homosexuality is not like incest, murder, rape, arson, and any other thing that's crazy. God meant for humans to love. He definitely didn't want bestiality. God says for us to be with our own kind. Human kind.

Then answer the question(s).

Not really. Euthanasia is just assisted suicide, which is murder. And what does that comment mean? You would want mothers to give birth and die?

Euthanasia is not assisted suicide. I have euthanized thousands of animals, and not a one of them was committing suicide. Doctors for years have given megadoses of morphine to the terminally ill with the consent of their families. But it was not assisted suicide. Are you sure you even know what you're talking about?

Your killing animals. Euthanasia is the consent of allowing one's death. So to commit euthanasia, the person you are about to kill is saying you can kill them. I don't think you know what Euthanasia is.

To answer your question, heterosexuality and homosexuality shouldn't be with a list of disorders that you gave. Kleptomaniacs steal because something in their brain is telling them to do it. And they earn this. You are born gay, straight, bi and Asexual. So sexual orientation is natural. Disorders or disabilities that you develop through trauma or Nurture, are not natural in the same sense.

Are you a doctor? You say you kill animals. Or euthanize them.

yes, a veterinarian - a doctor of veterinary medicine, and my assumption is that I know just a tad more about euthanasia and solutions marketed for, yes, euthanasia than you do. Perhaps not. However, with no more information, that would be my assumption.

Euthanasia is just that, euthanasia, with or without the patient's consent. Oftentimes, in situation involving humans, the patient is unable to give consent. If you think such things do not happen on a daily - an hourly - basis, they you live in a world of naivete. I've lost two grandparents, and the immediate ... the IMMEDIATE ... cause of death was ... overdosage of morphine. The underlying conditions were emphysema in one case and disseminated prostate cancer in the other. Neither gave their consent. One was suffocating and only alive at that point due to a respirator - and yet by your less-than-educated definitions, she didn't die. She was murdered. You're somewhere out past left field.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:36:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Your examples to illustrate your point are awful.

We know nothing about Homer, to the point where some have theorized that he did not even exist, or at least that he was not responsible for all of the Iliad and Odyssey. Unlike you Christians claim about your Christ, when you know where he was born, where he went, and exactly what he did and said, historians recognize our lack of knowledge of Homer. We have little in the way of valid historical references that validate his existence as legend tells it.

Similarly Socrates, we know little about, and we recognize it. Almost all of our "knowledge" of him is merely from the writings of Plato. It's thought that the Dialogues are Plato's rough memories, and thus subject greatly to his biases and notions. Socrates' existence is confirmed by several sources, but we really don't know who he was or what he said- we can only speculate.

Why don't Christians apply this same skepticism to claims about Christ?
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 3:47:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Are you a doctor? You say you kill animals. Or euthanize them.

yes, a veterinarian - a doctor of veterinary medicine, and my assumption is that I know just a tad more about euthanasia and solutions marketed for, yes, euthanasia than you do. Perhaps not. However, with no more information, that would be my assumption.

Euthanasia is just that, euthanasia, with or without the patient's consent. Oftentimes, in situation involving humans, the patient is unable to give consent. If you think such things do not happen on a daily - an hourly - basis, they you live in a world of naivete. I've lost two grandparents, and the immediate ... the IMMEDIATE ... cause of death was ... overdosage of morphine. The underlying conditions were emphysema in one case and disseminated prostate cancer in the other. Neither gave their consent. One was suffocating and only alive at that point due to a respirator - and yet by your less-than-educated definitions, she didn't die. She was murdered. You're somewhere out past left field.

If they administered the morphine themselves, then it's just their death. They didn't know what to do. They are patients. But if doctors administered the deadly morphine, then either they are murderers or idiots who shouldn't be doctors to begin with. If I was seriously injured or had only a few months to live, I'd tell people to not kill me by "Euthanasia" I would tell them that I need to live. I want to be strong. If I can fight my injuries, then I am proving myself I am strong. If I have a disease that's given me my death sentence, I want to inspire as much people as I can.

Definition: the act or practice of killing hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy; also : the act or practice of allowing a hopelessly sick or injured patient to die by taking less than complete medical measures to prolong life"called also mercy killing

Killing period is one of the things in the ten commandments. So your calling yourself a Christian, but your blind sided by the use of murder. You call it Euthanasia just so you can sleep at night. Knowing that your mind is clear of any guilt. Sure, the owners gave their consent. Maybe parents. What do the kids think? What does the animal think? Your about to kill the animal. Not the owners. You need his or her consent to be considered Euthanasia. Some of those who can't speak for themselves, maybe they just want to live with their families or they do want to die. But the family or owners will most likely say "oh they would like this Euthanasia" because it's over freaking medical bills.

You talk about how I abridge the bible for my own use and beliefs and emotions, but your the one whose ignoring God's order to keep his ten commandments (one saying Thou shall not kill). If you have administered this Euthanasia, then your capable of murder to animals. Can't blame you about that towards animals. Survival of the fittest. But another human? Your ok with the murder of another human? And I thought you were against abortions?

One word. Hypocrite.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 4:40:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 3:47:19 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Are you a doctor? You say you kill animals. Or euthanize them.

yes, a veterinarian - a doctor of veterinary medicine, and my assumption is that I know just a tad more about euthanasia and solutions marketed for, yes, euthanasia than you do. Perhaps not. However, with no more information, that would be my assumption.

Euthanasia is just that, euthanasia, with or without the patient's consent. Oftentimes, in situation involving humans, the patient is unable to give consent. If you think such things do not happen on a daily - an hourly - basis, they you live in a world of naivete. I've lost two grandparents, and the immediate ... the IMMEDIATE ... cause of death was ... overdosage of morphine. The underlying conditions were emphysema in one case and disseminated prostate cancer in the other. Neither gave their consent. One was suffocating and only alive at that point due to a respirator - and yet by your less-than-educated definitions, she didn't die. She was murdered. You're somewhere out past left field.

If they administered the morphine themselves, then it's just their death. They didn't know what to do. They are patients. But if doctors administered the deadly morphine, then either they are murderers or idiots who shouldn't be doctors to begin with.

See what I mean? You are either very ignorant or very naive, both of which will be corrected with the passage of time.

If I was seriously injured or had only a few months to live, I'd tell people to not kill me by "Euthanasia" I would tell them that I need to live. I want to be strong. If I can fight my injuries, then I am proving myself I am strong. If I have a disease that's given me my death sentence, I want to inspire as much people as I can.

I'm afraid that lying recumbent, wasting away with a tube in your trachea as your lips rot off, as my grandmother's did, isn't much of an inspiration.

Definition: the act or practice of killing hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy; also : the act or practice of allowing a hopelessly sick or injured patient to die by taking less than complete medical measures to prolong life"called also mercy killing

Do you see the word "patient consent" in there? Of course not. Yet you tried telling us that it was a necessary part of the definition.

Killing period is one of the things in the ten commandments. So your calling yourself a Christian, but your blind sided by the use of murder. You call it Euthanasia just so you can sleep at night. Knowing that your mind is clear of any guilt. Sure, the owners gave their consent. Maybe parents. What do the kids think? What does the animal think? Your about to kill the animal. Not the owners. You need his or her consent to be considered Euthanasia.

Reread the definiton, and copy and paste the portion that states "patient's consent".

Some of those who can't speak for themselves, maybe they just want to live with their families or they do want to die. But the family or owners will most likely say "oh they would like this Euthanasia" because it's over freaking medical bills.

Again, either profound ignorance, or, more likely, just naive. How old are you?

You talk about how I abridge the bible for my own use and beliefs and emotions, but your the one whose ignoring God's order to keep his ten commandments (one saying Thou shall not kill). If you have administered this Euthanasia, then your capable of murder to animals. Can't blame you about that towards animals. Survival of the fittest. But another human? Your ok with the murder of another human? And I thought you were against abortions?

I am not against the abortion of a terminally ill baby if the condition of the baby is also threatening the life of the mother.

One word. Hypocrite.

As I said, you are not so much hypocritical as you are ignorant. You know absolutely nothing about the medical profession, human or veterinary. Nothing at all. You defined euthanasia by copying and pasting, then told us that it involves patient consent. No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

So you have no idea what jesus said 2000yrs ago, just stop claiming that you do.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:06:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.

Difficult questions will do that to ya.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:12:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:06:08 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.

Difficult questions will do that to ya.

So will questions from a fellow that never bothers to answer anything, only asks more questions. Most of your questions aren't very difficult: a child can copy and paste them into Google and get some answers. Why don't you try that?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:19:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:12:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:06:08 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.

Difficult questions will do that to ya.

So will questions from a fellow that never bothers to answer anything, only asks more questions. Most of your questions aren't very difficult: a child can copy and paste them into Google and get some answers. Why don't you try that?

Look Annie don't get all bitter because your religion can't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. Just keep it to yourself and nobody will care.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:46:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:19:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:06:08 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.

Difficult questions will do that to ya.

So will questions from a fellow that never bothers to answer anything, only asks more questions. Most of your questions aren't very difficult: a child can copy and paste them into Google and get some answers. Why don't you try that?

Look Annie don't get all bitter because your religion can't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. Just keep it to yourself and nobody will care.

Awwww .... there's no need for YOU of all people to get so pissy just cuz I point out that you can't answer a single question, and ne'er engage in a single debate. I'm by no means the first, and won't be the last.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 9:25:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:46:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:19:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:06:08 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.

Difficult questions will do that to ya.

So will questions from a fellow that never bothers to answer anything, only asks more questions. Most of your questions aren't very difficult: a child can copy and paste them into Google and get some answers. Why don't you try that?

Look Annie don't get all bitter because your religion can't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. Just keep it to yourself and nobody will care.

Awwww .... there's no need for YOU of all people to get so pissy just cuz I point out that you can't answer a single question, and ne'er engage in a single debate. I'm by no means the first, and won't be the last.

Wow. Your a bitch.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 2:42:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.

The church condones 'practicing adulterers' every time it marries individuals who have been divorced (according to the Bible), but that is conveniently overlooked when Christians discuss why the church must not condone 'practicing homosexuals'. It's a double standard, Anna.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 3:39:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:46:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:19:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:06:08 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:56:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:44:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 4:30:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:37:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:15:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:13:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 3:06:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:55:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:48:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:44:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:55:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'd ask this: have professed Christians degenerated to the point that they can't even say the words, "Practicing homosexuality is a sin"?

I'm not talking about it being a sin to be attracted to the same sex - or the opposite sex. Different people are tempted by different things. What might be a serious temptation to you might not bother me in the least, and vice versa - and one can sin just as easily with a member of the opposite sex as he can a member of the same sex. Still, I can hardly fathom that professed Christians would get on here and try to claim that practicing homosexuality - performing acts of homosexual behavior - is not a sin. Surely they must be being governed by their emotions rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
Yeah it must be a sin, ignorant desert dwellers thought so 2500yrs ago.

Try for two sentences. You'll get a cookie.

Don't need to waffle, I make my point that's all I need to do.

That's two, even if your evolutionary superior intelligence allowed you to create a run-on sentence out of it.

Tell me something jesus said and how you know he said it.

As soon as you tell me something that Homer or Socrates said - and how you know he said it. In fact, why don't you just pick anyone who lived > 2,000 years ago, and tell us EXACTLY what he said, and how you KNOW he said it.

Why don't you just answer my question? I haven't claimed to know anything anyone said 2000yrs ago.

Your questions go unanswered because you have the habit of answering no questions, as plenty of others have pointed out. You jump in with one-liners that would take paragraphs and paragraphs to answer, while you yourself answer nothing.

Those one liners must be terribly insightful then, is that why you and the others complain so much?

They get to the point that they are nothing but a nuisance to everyone.

Difficult questions will do that to ya.

So will questions from a fellow that never bothers to answer anything, only asks more questions. Most of your questions aren't very difficult: a child can copy and paste them into Google and get some answers. Why don't you try that?

Look Annie don't get all bitter because your religion can't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. Just keep it to yourself and nobody will care.

Awwww .... there's no need for YOU of all people to get so pissy just cuz I point out that you can't answer a single question, and ne'er engage in a single debate. I'm by no means the first, and won't be the last.

I've answered plenty, but you don't like my questions and refuse to answer them because when you do you have nothing to support your answers.

Here again.
The BIBLE is the CLAIM it is not the EVIDENCE

You come up with what you consider an answer from your great book of spells and we just find one of the passages from the same book that contradicts it. It's not my fault that you have invested your life in the folk tales of long time dead goat jockeys who thought the world was flat and had a solid dome over it. Those claims alone should inform anyone of the veracity of the information these people have imparted. None.

Check with NASA if there's some dude sitting on a throne just above the solid dome that covers the earth.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin