Jump to topic:

The de facto stand on religion

LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 3:50:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is something I have thought about to some extent and is the main reason why I cannot understand an Atheist's position. People have religions, right? Now let us say that one of them just so happens to be right. Being the people of modern times we like to think logically. Is it not logical to take a religion just in case it just so happens to be right? Please put down your thoughts and explain this for me.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 3:59:56 PM
At 6/30/2014 3:50:44 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
Here is something I have thought about to some extent and is the main reason why I cannot understand an Atheist's position. People have religions, right? Now let us say that one of them just so happens to be right. Being the people of modern times we like to think logically. Is it not logical to take a religion just in case it just so happens to be right? Please put down your thoughts and explain this for me.

This is the flawed Pascal's Wager argument. Besides, what if the real god only let's atheists into heaven? At least look up the arguments you use before posting them.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 6:04:18 PM
At 6/30/2014 3:59:56 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

This is the flawed Pascal's Wager argument. Besides, what if the real god only let's atheists into heaven? At least look up the arguments you use before posting them.

Hmmm I actually did not know that there was a name to this argument. As for the Atheist heaven, that seems very contradictory. Heyo! You did not believe in me, or anything for that matter, but come party with me but all you who did, well, sucks to be you. Sorry, not giving you that one. Also, how is it flawed aside from your previous remark?
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 6:29:39 PM
At 6/30/2014 6:04:18 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 6/30/2014 3:59:56 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Hmmm I actually did not know that there was a name to this argument. As for the Atheist heaven, that seems very contradictory. Heyo! You did not believe in me, or anything for that matter, but come party with me but all you who did, well, sucks to be you. Sorry, not giving you that one. Also, how is it flawed aside from your previous remark?

First, the only reason you won't accept that god is because you are biased towards a god that wants to be recognized.

Second:
http://www.update.uu.se...
http://rationalwiki.org...'s_wager
http://infidels.org...

All you have to do is type in "Pascal's Wager refuted" in on Google. I am a theist and even I know this is one of the worst arguments to use.