Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

First Scientific Proof of God Found

Schzincko
Posts: 119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:30:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

So you're telling me that I am encoded with verses that were written by a man over a thousand years ago?

As much as I would love to believe that I'm a book that has not known it for my entire life until now, I just can't.

I'm sure this is a happy coincidence that occurs with us trying to understand something by applying words to it. It's like if I tried building a coded sentence with numbers. It's not impossible to think that my number encryption may be interpreted fairly by someone else and come out with a different sentence than what I intended. If you can find more stuff like this in the future though, I would love to see it.
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:59:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org...

The link you are posting contains a line
"Linguistic professors at Bob Jones University, long noted for its intellectual rigor, began to attempt to translate the decoded segments that W.I.T. was providing. "

Read about Bob Jones university. Its a protestant university.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

So you know right there that it is a joke. The writers took a page from the Genesis: If you include a lot of big words and make it sound like actual science, common people are going to believe anything you say.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 3:52:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

Send me the citation, or journal reference, not a news article that anybody could write.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:19:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

It does not have any sources, so the article is all there is.
Next, the Wyoming Institute of Technology is not a real place.
Third, Bob Jones University is not a place with credible scientists.
Lastly, looking at the author alone shows it is satire. Dr. Richter DasMerrungeheur? Have you read his article about "Human Sperm Made from Cat DNA"?
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:22:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 7:19:40 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

It does not have any sources, so the article is all there is.

Like all major news reports.

Next, the Wyoming Institute of Technology is not a real place.

Prove it.

Third, Bob Jones University is not a place with credible scientists.

Prove it.

Lastly, looking at the author alone shows it is satire.

Prove it.
Fanath
Posts: 830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:40:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 7:22:59 AM, Burzmali wrote:
WIT Science is a satire site. There is no actual "Wyoming Institute of Technology."

Lol this made my day.
Dude... Stop...
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:43:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

That's stupid.

I have serious doubts about the validity of this evidence. Since the Bob Jones university can certainly not be considered a neutral third party that only has interest in the knowledge gained and no preference for a certain outcome.

Also, do you understand that our genes mutate? When our genes are copied, errors can occur. We're lucky, since most of these errors occur randomly, and since most of our genes seem to have little use (some scientists postulate that it has some use, but few postulate that the actual sequence matters, and most of them simply think the space it takes up matters), very few of them have any impact on us.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:44:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 7:40:33 AM, Fanath wrote:
At 7/1/2014 7:22:59 AM, Burzmali wrote:
WIT Science is a satire site. There is no actual "Wyoming Institute of Technology."

Lol this made my day.

Apart from this, the logic behind this is:

"Oooh I found a correlation between Max's bans and Illuminati members. Clearly, Max must be Illuminati!"
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:44:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

This just furthers my belief that you are a troll.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:48:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 7:22:54 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/1/2014 7:19:40 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/1/2014 1:11:15 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://witscience.org....

It does not have any sources, so the article is all there is.

Like all major news reports.

No, major news articles that report about science almost always (saying almost because I have not read every news article) have links to those papers.

Next, the Wyoming Institute of Technology is not a real place.

Prove it.

http://realorsatire.com...

Third, Bob Jones University is not a place with credible scientists.

Prove it.

It is a university that is biased towards religion. It is not a secular university. Let's just look at what their website says.
"At Bob Jones University we inspire you as a disciple of Jesus Christ to push the limits of your own creativity, skill and faith"all for the glory of God. We infuse every course with a biblical worldview and strive to offer the best academic experience of any Christian university. Our vibrant Christian community will support you as you build your faith, challenge your potential and prepare to follow Jesus Christ."
http://www.bju.edu...

It shows OBVIOUS bias.

Lastly, looking at the author alone shows it is satire.

Prove it.

Maybe you should read this article of his:
http://witscience.org...
v3nesl
Posts: 4,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 8:39:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 7:22:59 AM, Burzmali wrote:
WIT Science is a satire site. There is no actual "Wyoming Institute of Technology."

Well, I'm going to visit, just to prove you wrong. Check this out: http://witscience.org...
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 8:45:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I must say, though, being serious - the disturbing thing here is that the doubters doubt because they googled somebody who said it's a humor site. So it's still just argument from authority, or argument-from-web-search. Didn't anybody say "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense! Why would english letters be coded into DNA?"
This space for rent.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 8:51:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 8:45:55 AM, v3nesl wrote:
I must say, though, being serious - the disturbing thing here is that the doubters doubt because they googled somebody who said it's a humor site. So it's still just argument from authority, or argument-from-web-search. Didn't anybody say "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense! Why would english letters be coded into DNA?"
Oh dear.
Are you really producing this as an argument?
Do you think that DNA coding would be more valid if we used the letters of the inhabitants of the planet Gliese 832c?

Damn that would prove your god exists.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 9:00:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 8:51:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/1/2014 8:45:55 AM, v3nesl wrote:
I must say, though, being serious - the disturbing thing here is that the doubters doubt because they googled somebody who said it's a humor site. So it's still just argument from authority, or argument-from-web-search. Didn't anybody say "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense! Why would english letters be coded into DNA?"
Oh dear.
Are you really producing this as an argument?
Do you think that DNA coding would be more valid if we used the letters of the inhabitants of the planet Gliese 832c?

Damn that would prove your god exists.

It would be helpful if you would learn to read.
This space for rent.
Nebelous
Posts: 58
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 9:11:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wait, a scientific university with no intent of proving anything has a Bible on hand and ready, that just so happens to match some of the DNA code. I'm shocked.

From the get go you can tell what the article's intent is by the use of the phrase "Junk DNA".

Why are trolls, religious, and non-religion fanatics allowed to fill this site with such crap. Every time I log in all, I see on the front page is, "Atheists Wrong!! Jesus Lives!!" or "Why Doesn't God Talk to Me?".
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 11:01:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 8:45:55 AM, v3nesl wrote:
I must say, though, being serious - the disturbing thing here is that the doubters doubt because they googled somebody who said it's a humor site. So it's still just argument from authority, or argument-from-web-search. Didn't anybody say "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense! Why would english letters be coded into DNA?"

I'm from Wyoming and knew, immediately, that WIT isn't a real place. As soon as I went to the site, I knew it was bogus.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 11:38:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 8:45:55 AM, v3nesl wrote:
I must say, though, being serious - the disturbing thing here is that the doubters doubt because they googled somebody who said it's a humor site. So it's still just argument from authority, or argument-from-web-search. Didn't anybody say "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense! Why would english letters be coded into DNA?"

No, I doubt because I have gone to WIT a lot through the years to get a laugh. I already knew the website is satire because I go there for fun.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 11:41:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 8:39:27 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 7/1/2014 7:22:59 AM, Burzmali wrote:
WIT Science is a satire site. There is no actual "Wyoming Institute of Technology."

Well, I'm going to visit, just to prove you wrong. Check this out: http://witscience.org...

LMAO!! The visitation requirements get a little alarming!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten