Arianism

Amalek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 12:25:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi,

Is it accurate to say that the early arians believed that Jesus is the Son of God by creation, while the latter arians (gothic) viewed him as a man who became the Son through his actions and lack of sin (or something like that).

If so: is there any Christian community today in the world that has the same view?

(English is not my native language)
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 12:43:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/1/2014 12:25:18 PM, Amalek wrote:
Hi,

Is it accurate to say that the early arians believed that Jesus is the Son of God by creation, while the latter arians (gothic) viewed him as a man who became the Son through his actions and lack of sin (or something like that).

If so: is there any Christian community today in the world that has the same view?

(English is not my native language)

I don't believe this is the case entirely - It is my understanding Arianism was in tune with other understandings but that terminology and interpretation was mixed. Bishop Arius (Arianism) had a competing interpretation of scripture than did other "leaders" of the Christian movement. I believe the biggest division between Arius and these other leaders during the council of Nicaea was regarding the Trinity. I would encourage you to watch the video I have linked to for a broader historical understanding of this topic. It is very informative.

https://www.youtube.com...