Seeking God

matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 7:03:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 7
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Luke 10
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Romans 12
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Psalm 37
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

1 Thessalonians 5
17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Hebrews 11
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Isaiah 55
6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Chronicles 16
8 Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.

10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.

11 Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.

James 4
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Proverbs 8
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Jeremiah 29
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 10
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

John 15
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 10:59:58 PM
At 7/1/2014 7:03:12 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Where should people search or look? Where is this kingdom of God? According to scripture it is WITHIN YOU.
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Matthew 7
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Who do you ask when you are looking for something? Most people ask anyone who they come across if they have seen or found what they are looking for. It is illogical to ask invisible characters for anything.
If another person has what you want it would be most logical to ask them where they got it and how much it cost so you can also get what they have.

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

You only get what you ask for if the person you ask has what you want and is willing to give it to you.
You only find what you seek if you never give up searching till you find it. If you give up searching before you find it, you will not find it.
A door is only opened to you if there is someone there who can open it. You can always open it yourself if you have a key. Then you have no need to knock.

Luke 10
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

It is impossible for anyone to physically live forever.
It is impossible for any spirit to die. Love abides forever regardless of who adopts it as a way of life and who does not.
When you live in Love you become Love personified.

Romans 12
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

To be a living sacrifice means you put others before yourself and not be selfish.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

To me that basically means don't follow the crowd or popular opinion. Think for yourself in new and creative ways. Don't become a robot which is programmed by society.

Psalm 37
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

The LORD is the God, the ruler, the authority, the motivating force which is in the kingdom of God which is WITHIN YOU.
To trust in the LORD is to basically trust the motivating force within yourself.

1 Thessalonians 5
17 Pray without ceasing.
That is impossible to do IF prayer is a physical action like a religious ritual.
It is only possible IF prayer is as automatic an act as breathing which takes no deliberate effort. It is something you do without even thinking about it.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Having an attitude of thankfulness or gratefulness does not mean you need to constantly be thanking an invisible character for something.
Human attitudes manifest through human actions and don't always need words to express themselves.

That is obviously referring to the Spirit of Love. If humans feel hate or anger, they generally advise others to try to quench that kind of spirit in public and only let it out in private in non destructive ways.

What about false prophesies? Are those despicable or not?

Some people claim that not all things can be proved.

Appearance of evil in whose judgment? Not even Jesus managed that in the eyes of his accusers. He was accused of evil doings and of breaking the law by the religious people who claimed he was of the devil.
If Jesus could not abstain from all appearance of evil, how is anyone else supposed to do it?
Does the bible give instructions as to HOW it can be done? It tells you to do it but does not tell you HOW to do it.
Following Jesus example does not solve the problem of the APPEARANCE of evil either. When evil is called good and good is called evil then abstinence from appearance of evil is very subjective and determined by ones own morals and standards not by the morals and standards of society.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When ones own conscience is at peace, you are not guilty of any crimes.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit of Truth within you. It is the conscience, the truth within, which judges you as innocent or guilty ever second of every day. That Spirit is always with you and never leaves you even when you reject and deny it.

The motivation within you will cause you to do whatever it compels you to do. That applies equally to those who are motivated by good attitudes or spirits and also to those who are motivated by bad attitudes or spirits. The principle works for good and also for evil.

Hebrews 11
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Without faith in your own attitudes, ( inner being) it is impossible to find inner peace or (please your own conscience) because you will always be wondering if you are doing right or wrong. Your own actions will either bring you the reward of being at peace and knowing you did right or they will make you sorry you did what you did by resulting in unwanted consequences. Every action has a consequence. When we understand the consequences of our actions, it is easy to avoid unwanted consequences by not doing the things which result in those consequences.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:04:29 PM
At 7/1/2014 10:59:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Matthew 6

Where should people search or look? Where is this kingdom of God? According to scripture it is WITHIN YOU.
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Matthew 7

Who do you ask when you are looking for something? Most people ask anyone who they come across if they have seen or found what they are looking for. It is illogical to ask invisible characters for anything.
If another person has what you want it would be most logical to ask them where they got it and how much it cost so you can also get what they have.

You only get what you ask for if the person you ask has what you want and is willing to give it to you.
You only find what you seek if you never give up searching till you find it. If you give up searching before you find it, you will not find it.
A door is only opened to you if there is someone there who can open it. You can always open it yourself if you have a key. Then you have no need to knock.

Luke 10

It is impossible for any spirit to die. Love abides forever regardless of who adopts it as a way of life and who does not.

Romans 12

To be a living sacrifice means you put others before yourself and not be selfish.

To me that basically means don't follow the crowd or popular opinion. Think for yourself in new and creative ways. Don't become a robot which is programmed by society.

Psalm 37

The LORD is the God, the ruler, the authority, the motivating force which is in the kingdom of God which is WITHIN YOU.
To trust in the LORD is to basically trust the motivating force within yourself.

1 Thessalonians 5
17 Pray without ceasing.
That is impossible to do IF prayer is a physical action like a religious ritual.
It is only possible IF prayer is as automatic an act as breathing which takes no deliberate effort. It is something you do without even thinking about it.

Having an attitude of thankfulness or gratefulness does not mean you need to constantly be thanking an invisible character for something.
Human attitudes manifest through human actions and don't always need words to express themselves.

That is obviously referring to the Spirit of Love. If humans feel hate or anger, they generally advise others to try to quench that kind of spirit in public and only let it out in private in non destructive ways.

Appearance of evil in whose judgment? Not even Jesus managed that in the eyes of his accusers. He was accused of evil doings and of breaking the law by the religious people who claimed he was of the devil.
If Jesus could not abstain from all appearance of evil, how is anyone else supposed to do it?
Does the bible give instructions as to HOW it can be done? It tells you to do it but does not tell you HOW to do it.
Following Jesus example does not solve the problem of the APPEARANCE of evil either. When evil is called good and good is called evil then abstinence from appearance of evil is very subjective and determined by ones own morals and standards not by the morals and standards of society.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit of Truth within you. It is the conscience, the truth within, which judges you as innocent or guilty ever second of every day. That Spirit is always with you and never leaves you even when you reject and deny it.

The motivation within you will cause you to do whatever it compels you to do. That applies equally to those who are motivated by good attitudes or spirits and also to those who are motivated by bad attitudes or spirits. The principle works for good and also for evil.

Hebrews 11

Without faith in your own attitudes, ( inner being) it is impossible to find inner peace or (please your own conscience) because you will always be wondering if you are doing right or wrong. Your own actions will either bring you the reward of being at peace and knowing you did right or they will make you sorry you did what you did by resulting in unwanted consequences. Every action has a consequence. When we understand the consequences of our actions, it is easy to avoid unwanted consequences by not doing the things which result in those consequences.

Are you bored? Why are you narrating my post? You should know me by now than to spend time doing this. I don't need your guidance in anything, I'd rather just ignore you and leave you to your beliefs but you seem fixated on "teaching" me my own views, thanks but NO! I've already heard all your "mythical characters", "invisible man in the sky", "Father time" and the "fantasy world" blah blah; I've heard all your crap over and over and not interested.
Brad_Watson.Miami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:12:59 PM
Matthew 6

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.:

Skyangel,

Heaven and hell are frames-of-mind. I AM in heaven right now. That's not to say that I don't have some concerns; I do.

How about you? Are you in heaven? I pray you don't feel like you're in hell.
GOD=7_4, 7/4=July 4th or 7 April 30 AD: Good(7__4) Friday(74) when Jesus(74=J10+E5+S19+U21+S19) was nailed on(74) the Cross(74=C3+R18+O15+S19+S19).

GOD=7_4 algorithm/code produces Earth's 7 continents & 4 seasons, 4 lunar phases of 7 days (~7.4 days) each, Venus .7 AU & Mercury .4 AU, etc.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 6:35:08 PM
At 7/2/2014 5:12:59 PM, Brad_Watson.Miami wrote:
Matthew 6

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.:

Skyangel,

Heaven and hell are frames-of-mind. I AM in heaven right now. That's not to say that I don't have some concerns; I do.

So Heaven and Hell are figments of your imagination?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:18:19 PM
At 7/2/2014 6:35:08 PM, Beastt wrote:
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

Great question Beastt.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:50:55 PM
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

Yes I am in heaven. Yes heaven and hell are frames of mind.
All who live in a state of inner peace are in heaven as long as they remain in that state of inner peace.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:56:38 PM
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

They are to some people who believe they are some mysterious locations where you go after you die.
Do you know what it is to be in a peaceful state or mind or in a peaceful frame of mind or have a peaceful and clear conscience? That state of mind is heaven.
Do you know what it is to be in inner turmoil or have inner fear or other emotional or psychological upheaval? That frame of mind is hell.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 8:10:00 PM
At 7/2/2014 7:56:38 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

They are to some people who believe they are some mysterious locations where you go after you die.

Not mysterious.

Do you know what it is to be in a peaceful state or mind or in a peaceful frame of mind or have a peaceful and clear conscience? That state of mind is heaven.

No, it's a peaceful state of mind.

Do you know what it is to be in inner turmoil or have inner fear or other emotional or psychological upheaval? That frame of mind is hell.

No, it's inner turmoil, keep convincing yourself there is no afterlife.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 8:33:11 PM
At 7/2/2014 8:10:00 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

Not mysterious.
Then where is it Matt? Have you ever been there? Do you know its location and how to get there or do you need to wait till you die and then hope you will be allowed to enter it?

That's correct. Heaven or the Kingdom of God is within you. It is not some location outside of you.

That is correct. Hell is an inner turmoil. Physically dead people stay dead and do not live any place after they die. Spiritually dead people don't even know they are dead. They like to think they are alive yet they live in fear of going to hell after they die so they worship idols in the hope that their idol worship will somehow get them into the good books with God because they "believe". They hope their belief will be enough to get them into Heaven after they physically die.

The only life after physical death is the life of the living who have not died physically.
If you die to spiritual death while you are still physically alive this planet, and stop idolizing your false Christ then you end up having spiritual life and live in revelation instead of in spiritual darkness. The sad thing is that most Christians prefer to remain in spiritual darkness and worship their idol in the sky as they hope to join him after their physical death. The light within them is a great darkness.
They can't bring themselves to give up their idol worship of their false Christ.
They fear eternal damnation if they do.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 8:48:47 PM
At 7/2/2014 8:33:11 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

Not mysterious.
Then where is it Matt? Have you ever been there? Do you know its location and how to get there or do you need to wait till you die and then hope you will be allowed to enter it?
Its in the afterlife.

That's correct. Heaven or the Kingdom of God is within you. It is not some location outside of you.

It's both.

That is correct. Hell is an inner turmoil. Physically dead people stay dead and do not live any place after they die. Spiritually dead people don't even know they are dead. They like to think they are alive yet they live in fear of going to hell after they die so they worship idols in the hope that their idol worship will somehow get them into the good books with God because they "believe". They hope their belief will be enough to get them into Heaven after they physically die.

No, God is not an idol, keep dreamin.

The only life after physical death is the life of the living who have not died physically.
If you die to spiritual death while you are still physically alive this planet, and stop idolizing your false Christ then you end up having spiritual life and live in revelation instead of in spiritual darkness. The sad thing is that most Christians prefer to remain in spiritual darkness and worship their idol in the sky as they hope to join him after their physical death. The light within them is a great darkness.
They can't bring themselves to give up their idol worship of their false Christ.

No idol worship, keep pretending.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:11:58 PM
At 7/2/2014 8:48:47 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

Not mysterious.
Its in the afterlife.

After your physical life or after your spiritual life?

Do you need to wait till you physically die before you can enter the kingdom of God?

Is Christ in you ? Is your body physically dead Matt or are you still spiritually dead in your sins?

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Have you lost your life yet or are still busy trying to save it?

Matt 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

It's both.

Not according to Jesus. He said the Kingdom of God is within you, not "here" or "there" referring to some location outside of yourself.

What exactly is God to you Matt? Do you talk to him like you would talk to an invisible friend?

Are you waiting for a man named Jesus to literally appear in literal clouds one day in the future?

When you talk or pray to an invisible friend named Jesus and sing songs to this friend and believe the invisible character is God you are idolizing an individual man as God whether you are aware of your own idolatry or not.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:38:15 PM
At 7/2/2014 9:11:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Matthew 6

Skyangel,

Not mysterious.
Its in the afterlife.

they are one and the same during, but after the flesh perishes only the spiritual remains.

Do you need to wait till you physically die before you can enter the kingdom of God?

No.

Is Christ in you ? Is your body physically dead Matt or are you still spiritually dead in your sins?
It is a process. One of dying and resurrecting

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

I'm trying to loose myself, and find God.

Matt 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

It's both.

Not according to Jesus. He said the Kingdom of God is within you, not "here" or "there" referring to some location outside of yourself.

It's both.

If you abide in Him.

What exactly is God to you Matt? Do you talk to him like you would talk to an invisible friend?
God is a God, yes I talk to Him.

Are you waiting for a man named Jesus to literally appear in literal clouds one day in the future?

When you talk or pray to an invisible friend named Jesus and sing songs to this friend and believe the invisible character is God you are idolizing an individual man as God whether you are aware of your own idolatry or not.

Sure, I idolize the invisible man, whatever you say.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 10:23:56 PM
At 7/2/2014 9:38:15 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

they are one and the same during, but after the flesh perishes only the spiritual remains.

Please explain how spiritual life and physical life can be the same thing?

No.

Have you entered it?

Physically or spiritually?

That implies you have not found God yet. Have you found God or not?

It's both.

It's both.

If you abide in Him.

No Matt, it is not just in you if you abide in Him. It is in all people whether they abide in it or not. When Jesus said the kingdom of God is within you he was talking to the religious Pharisees who were asking him when the Kingdom would come. Check the context of Luke 17. They were religious people who thought the Kingdom was going to come with some kind of observable phenomenon. They were no different to the Christians today who also think the kingdom of God will one day come to earth with some kind of observable phenomenon. Jesus made it clear that was not the case at all. He said "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation". In other words it is not something which can be observed coming in literal clouds.

That does not tell me what you think God is. It tells me that you talk to some invisible imaginary friend.
Is God your invisible friend?
Is God Love or not? Do you talk to Love? Is it sensible and logical to talk to Love or is it far more logical to live in Love and talk to real people?

Do you have an answer to the above question?

I suggest you stop your worship of your individual invisible man and open your eyes to see God in the flesh on this Earth.

Matt 25: 31- 46. Read the parable and understand that whatever you do or don't do to real physical people no matter who they are and whether you like them or not, you are doing it or not doing it to God. People are God. Ye are Theos/Elohiym. ( John 10:34, Psalm 82:6 )
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 10:29:38 PM

Do you understand the difference between introducing a new debate thread and attempting to use the board as your personal pulpit?

What point of debate are you suggesting in your OP?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 10:13:06 AM
At 7/2/2014 10:29:38 PM, Beastt wrote:

Do you understand the difference between introducing a new debate thread and attempting to use the board as your personal pulpit?

BAAHAHA! That's funny Beastt I never would have thought of it like that. No actually I'm not that arrogant I hope, I just care how people perceive things and I actually care about whats in their future, no disrespect. It's for you.

What point of debate are you suggesting in your OP?
My point of course here is to give information that I think is useful in seeking God, hence the religion forum, whether or not it's debatable I'm not sure but to me it is important and interesting, not trying to be a preacher.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:00:23 PM
At 7/2/2014 10:23:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Our spirit man or our spiritual growth begins within and manifests itself outward in the physical. We are to walk in spirit while in this body, when this body dies the spirit moves forward.

No.

Have you entered it?

It depends on what you mean here, the "Kingdom of God" is meant to be reached here, and we enter the fullness of it when our flesh dies off. But yes the Kingdom of God is for the taking, now.

Both, the spirit begins within and manifests into the flesh. It's a process of purification.

Huh? I'm implying imperfection, no I'm not perfect yet. If I hadn't found God there would be no point in trying, I'm not religious by nature lol, I'm rebellious by nature. God brings me to a higher level, the Christian life is continual, we learn, we grow,we learn, we grow. I try to be pliable and let God do what He wants. Somethings are easy others are challenging.

Yup.

It's both.

It's both.

If you abide in Him.

No Matt, it is not just in you if you abide in Him. It is in all people whether they abide in it or not. When Jesus said the kingdom of God is within you he was talking to the religious Pharisees who were asking him when the Kingdom would come. Check the context of Luke 17. They were religious people who thought the Kingdom was going to come with some kind of observable phenomenon. They were no different to the Christians today who also think the kingdom of God will one day come to earth with some kind of observable phenomenon. Jesus made it clear that was not the case at all. He said "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation". In other words it is not something which can be observed coming in literal clouds.
https://www.biblegateway.com...

That does not tell me what you think God is. It tells me that you talk to some invisible imaginary friend.

Lets make this clear, YOU believe God is imaginary, that's your problem NOT MINE.

Is God Love or not? Do you talk to Love? Is it sensible and logical to talk to Love or is it far more logical to live in Love and talk to real people?

God is the source. We express what God desires, I'm sorry someone got you all convinced that there is no actual Being, I can't help you there but I think it's totally insane sorry.

No.

Do you have an answer to the above question?

Sure.

I suggest you stop your worship of your individual invisible man and open your eyes to see God in the flesh on this Earth.

I suggest you stop telling me what to believe, you got the wrong person for that dear, not gonna happen. I'm well established in my beliefs and have been testing them for a good while.

Matt 25: 31- 46. Read the parable and understand that whatever you do or don't do to real physical people no matter who they are and whether you like them or not, you are doing it or not doing it to God. People are God. Ye are Theos/Elohiym. ( John 10:34, Psalm 82:6 )
What's this have to do with the discussion?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 6:43:23 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:00:23 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:

Our spirit man or our spiritual growth begins within and manifests itself outward in the physical. We are to walk in spirit while in this body, when this body dies the spirit moves forward.

Your spiritual growth might begin in your own heart and mind Matt but your spiritual man or your spirit is actually eternal and begins in the beginning with God and ends in the end with God. It is as eternal as the Spirit of God is eternal. The Spirit of God is not confined to any individual body. Think about it. Is Love confined to only one person or can it be in billions of people for all eternity? God is Love not some individual character in the sky.

No.

Have you entered it?

It depends on what you mean here, the "Kingdom of God" is meant to be reached here, and we enter the fullness of it when our flesh dies off. But yes the Kingdom of God is for the taking, now.

The Kingdom of God is within you. It is the place of Love and perfect peace. Entering the kingdom of God is like entering your own maturity. It is like entering Love and entering perfect peace where your own conscience tells you that you are innocent and free from any wrong doing or sin.
Your flesh can die before your body dies Matt. You can enter the fullness of Christ while you are still alive on this planet and still in your human body.
The "flesh" which needs to die or pass away are the lusts of the flesh and the carnal minded thinking which is at enmity with God and cannot please God no matter how much it tries. That carnal nature ( flesh) can easily die or pass away before you physically die. It can do that as fast as your own immaturity passes away. That flesh or carnal nature is what a believer needs to sacrifice of themselves. When you do that you become a living sacrifice.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 7:18:50 PM
At 7/2/2014 5:04:29 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Matthew 6

Matthew 7

Luke 10

Romans 12

Psalm 37

1 Thessalonians 5
17 Pray without ceasing.

Hebrews 11

Are you bored? Why are you narrating my post? You should know me by now than to spend time doing this. I don't need your guidance in anything, I'd rather just ignore you and leave you to your beliefs but you seem fixated on "teaching" me my own views, thanks but NO! I've already heard all your "mythical characters", "invisible man in the sky", "Father time" and the "fantasy world" blah blah; I've heard all your crap over and over and not interested.

As Christians, we are supposed to be nice but non believers push us way too far. We are human, and they all think we are supposed to be perfect...
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:34:36 PM
At 7/2/2014 5:04:29 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Matthew 6

Matthew 7

Luke 10

Romans 12

Psalm 37

1 Thessalonians 5
17 Pray without ceasing.

Hebrews 11

That's a better reply than I've ever given her - and I've given quite a few.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:36:48 PM

Both, the spirit begins within and manifests into the flesh. It's a process of purification.

When light enters darkness it dispels the darkness immediately. It is not a long process Matt.
The same applies to spiritual light or enlightenment.
There is no struggling to try to be anything you are not.
Gold is purified in a fire. When you remain in a spiritual fire you are pure as can be. You cannot be more pure once you have been purified.
Do you have a heart of gold or not?
Has Jesus purified you or not? He either did or he did not in the bible story.
If not, why not?

Huh? I'm implying imperfection, no I'm not perfect yet. If I hadn't found God there would be no point in trying, I'm not religious by nature lol, I'm rebellious by nature. God brings me to a higher level, the Christian life is continual, we learn, we grow,we learn, we grow. I try to be pliable and let God do what He wants. Somethings are easy others are challenging.

How do you define perfection? Why do you think you are not perfect yet? In what way are you not perfect?
How can you not be perfect when you live in perfection?
God is perfect and created you in his image. Therefore you must be perfect too.

You don't need to be religious or attend any religion to find God or live in God. God is Love. Anyone can live in the attitude of Love without being religious or belonging to any religion or worshiping any idols including the idol Jesus.

All humans are rebellious by nature. We all rebel against the things which we feel are unfair or unjust. That's normal and natural. There is nothing wrong with it.

God brings humans down and makes them blind as well as lifting them up and making them see. He does both. The standards humans adopt in life are their own choice. All are at the "level" they have chosen themselves.
Any life is a continual process of growing and learning. That applies to both natural and spiritual life. Challenges in life come to all humans regardless of whether they are believers in any gods or not.

If you abide in Him.

https://www.biblegateway.com...

If God is the vine and you are the branches, branches abide in the vine without trying just like branches abide in a tree without trying. The life in the vine or the tree causes the branches to grow and abide on the plant in the first place. The branches don't need to do anything. Natures storms and other environmental circumstances are what cause the branches to break away. The branches do not need to try to bear fruit. The life in the tree creates the fruit on the branches. The branches are merely "the arms" which hold the fruit that the "tree" "decides" to put on the "arms". The branches cannot decide to bear fruit or not. The life in the tree "decides" or ordains that result.
Abiding in the vine is not something that takes any effort at all. The branches are either on the vine or they are not on the vine. Branches cannot take themselves off or put themselves on the vine. They have no control over those things.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 11:16:00 PM

Lets make this clear, YOU believe God is imaginary, that's your problem NOT MINE.

No I don't Matt. Atheists do though. I am not an Atheist.
Most unbelievers perceive the bible God to be a mythical character no different to any other mythical Greek gods. When they talk about God they are referring to that mythical character.
I think most Christians have a very immature concept of God and they do indeed perceive him to be a spiritual father figure in the sky. They perceive God to be a man named Jesus and imagine that character with human characteristics and they talk to him like children talk to an invisible friend.

I do not perceive God as an invisible friend. I perceive God as a very visible friend. I believe God can be seen and felt in reality through all of life. God is Love and can be seen and recognized just as easily as any human can see and recognize love itself. God is the Spirit of Life. That spirit can easily be seen and recognized in all life forms not just humans. When you see a living thing you see life. Look all around you and you will see life. You can recognize if something is alive or dead can't you? Living things have the spirit of life abiding in them. Dead things also still have a form of life in them which causes them to decompose and return to dust.
God to me is not an invisible friend in the sky or some invisible Father figure or a man named Jesus. God is ALL of life and manifests itself or himself through all of life. It is very easily recognized by those who understand the concept. Obviously it is not recognized by those who cannot understand the concept of the Spirit of Life being ALL and IN ALL.
When you do understand it, it becomes quite ridiculous to talk to any invisible friend in the sky. It is as ridiculous as talking to Love itself. People do not talk to Love. They either live in love or do not live in love. They speak in love or do not speak in love.

God is the source. We express what God desires, I'm sorry someone got you all convinced that there is no actual Being, I can't help you there but I think it's totally insane sorry.

The source of Love is Love itself. It takes love to create love. Love is not some supernatural person in the heavens. Humans express human desires not what some God or devil desires. The "being" you refer to is existence itself. It is what it is. It was what it was and will be what it will be. Existence is past present and future. It was and is and is to come for all eternity. Anything at all that exists says "I am that I am" simply by existing.
I am sorry that religion got you all convinced that there is an actual character in the heavens which is somehow separate from you. Is the vine separate from the branches or do the branches make up the vine? Can you have a vine without branches or a tree without branches?

Insanity is foolishness or extreme irrationality. It is totally irrational for any logical thinking mature adult to be talking or praying to some invisible friend in the sky and hoping that person will answer them. It is as insane and immature and foolish as child writing a letter to Santa and hoping he will give them everything they want. However, the mature understand such immaturity and foolishness and put up with it. They understand that the immature eventually grow into maturity as long as someone tells them the truth about their fantasies and loves them enough to not leave them in their deception and fantasy world for the rest of their lives.
The supernatural character in the sky is as much an illusion and a fantasy as the character Santa at the North Pole.
The concept is real but the character is not. The character is merely a tool to teach a spiritual concept of living in love and putting other people first before oneself.

No.

That's good. Many Christians are actually waiting for the second coming of Jesus and they do believe it will be a physical event which all the world will see.

I suggest you stop telling me what to believe, you got the wrong person for that dear, not gonna happen. I'm well established in my beliefs and have been testing them for a good while.

I am telling you the truth Matt. It is up to you to accept or reject what I say. The fact is that only the TRUTH can set anyone free from self deception and any religious deception but it does not set them free if they refuse to let go of their deceptions. I understand The Truth can be very hard to accept and can be a bitter pill to swallow but bitter pills are often the only way to cure a person from what ails them. If you are seeking God, I am sure you would prefer to find the God which is REAL than the one which is merely fictional.
Fools gold might look like gold but it's not the real thing.

What's this have to do with the discussion?

If you are seeking God Matt, look at LIFE all around you and you will find the REAL EXISTING SPIRIT of LIFE which is IN ALL of LIFE and can easily be seen by those who have eyes to see.
God is not invisible at all. "He" or it is manifest in ALL living flesh on this planet. He/It always was, always is and always will be manifest in the flesh of ALL life on Earth.
What we do to LIFE we do to God.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 8:23:54 AM
Look Grandma, what do you want from me? Are you trying to beat me down with all this stuff? I told you once and a few times before, stop preaching at me or do it on your own topic posts. Nothing is being debated here and if anyone is being religious IT'S YOU. I'm not religious Granny, if you actually knew me you wouldn't need to spout everything you did here.

So... there's no way I'm gonna read all that and respond to it that's just absurd. I answered you logically and reasonable in usually two sentences but if I wanted to ramble I could wright a book too.
So rather your gonna tell me more about yourself. I want know why you combine elements from different religions? if you're not aware of it let me tell you it's obvious. You go around quoting scriptures from the Bible and then use them against it's teachings and attempt to obscure the reality of it, meanwhile ripping off other teachings in the likes of Buddhist, occults ect.... You're like an empty religious book, on the outside it appears to be some kind of religious manuscript but in reality it contains nothing.

So what is it, what's this other teachings or practices? Are you wiccan...were? Tell me specifically what you proclaim yourself and all the teachings you inherit...