Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Saint Darwin

popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 12:22:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I find it amusing (in a ironic and somewhat disheartening way) that so many Christians demonize the guy (especially for the supposed "implication of racism" in his evolutionary theory, and the silly opposition ot the theory itself for spurious reasons), when, in fact, he was far more Jesus-like than many, many of the "Christians" of his day.

http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.com...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:50:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 12:22:08 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I find it amusing (in a ironic and somewhat disheartening way) that so many Christians demonize the guy (especially for the supposed "implication of racism" in his evolutionary theory, and the silly opposition ot the theory itself for spurious reasons), when, in fact, he was far more Jesus-like than many, many of the "Christians" of his day.

http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.com...

"Demonize" Darwin? How silly we forget how Jesus like he was. Hail Saint Darwin!!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:53:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 7:50:58 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/2/2014 12:22:08 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I find it amusing (in a ironic and somewhat disheartening way) that so many Christians demonize the guy (especially for the supposed "implication of racism" in his evolutionary theory, and the silly opposition ot the theory itself for spurious reasons), when, in fact, he was far more Jesus-like than many, many of the "Christians" of his day.

http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.com...

"Demonize" Darwin? How silly we forget how Jesus like he was. Hail Saint Darwin!!

Yup. Did you read the article?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 10:04:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 9:53:14 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/2/2014 7:50:58 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/2/2014 12:22:08 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I find it amusing (in a ironic and somewhat disheartening way) that so many Christians demonize the guy (especially for the supposed "implication of racism" in his evolutionary theory, and the silly opposition ot the theory itself for spurious reasons), when, in fact, he was far more Jesus-like than many, many of the "Christians" of his day.

http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.com...

"Demonize" Darwin? How silly we forget how Jesus like he was. Hail Saint Darwin!!

Yup. Did you read the article?

Sorry my friend I was in a goofy mood yesterday, actually I would like to read it a little later to see what your point is. Should I read it all or do you want to point out some interesting facts about it?
When you say he was "christian" you mean his actions or his belief in God?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 10:37:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 10:04:09 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/3/2014 9:53:14 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/2/2014 7:50:58 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/2/2014 12:22:08 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I find it amusing (in a ironic and somewhat disheartening way) that so many Christians demonize the guy (especially for the supposed "implication of racism" in his evolutionary theory, and the silly opposition ot the theory itself for spurious reasons), when, in fact, he was far more Jesus-like than many, many of the "Christians" of his day.

http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.com...

"Demonize" Darwin? How silly we forget how Jesus like he was. Hail Saint Darwin!!

Yup. Did you read the article?

Sorry my friend I was in a goofy mood yesterday, actually I would like to read it a little later to see what your point is. Should I read it all or do you want to point out some interesting facts about it?
When you say he was "christian" you mean his actions or his belief in God?

I mean, for instance, he was an abolitionist. He showed more of God's love for his fellow man than many Christians did back then who were too busy concocting biblical defenses of slavery. So basically in his actions.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!