Jump to topic:

Why religion is cause for all evil

jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 11:43:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Religion is the cause of all evil? Why? Religion has always existed since humans appeared and so did evil, therefore religion caused evil. All criminals are religious or know someone who is.

Religion is human made because it started after humans appeared. Also, there are inconsistencies in the bible. Therefore, religion is evil and untrue.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 11:54:28 PM
At 7/2/2014 11:43:27 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Religion is the cause of all evil? Why? Religion has always existed since humans appeared and so did evil, therefore religion caused evil. All criminals are religious or know someone who is.

Religion is human made because it started after humans appeared. Also, there are inconsistencies in the bible. Therefore, religion is evil and untrue.

So much is so wrong that I'm convinced that you're trolling. Without wasting my time too much, there's this:
"Religion has always existed since humans appeared" - jh1234l
"[Religion] started after humans appeared" - jh1234l
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:36:33 AM

There are many problems, injustices and wrongs performed in the name of religion. But no single cause explains all "evil". Religion seems to be the foremost influence which will drive otherwise good people do to things which are decidedly, not good.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:32:41 AM
At 7/3/2014 12:36:33 AM, Beastt wrote:

There are many problems, injustices and wrongs performed in the name of religion. But no single cause explains all "evil". Religion seems to be the foremost influence which will drive otherwise good people do to things which are decidedly, not good.

I was parodying the angry atheists flaming in Youtube comment sections.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande