Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

From whence YWHW?

bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 10:38:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.

accept me as a friend !! why do ignore me buddy :D
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 10:39:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 10:38:40 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.

accept me as a friend !! why do ignore me buddy :D

you***...
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 10:52:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 10:54:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 10:38:40 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.

accept me as a friend !! why do ignore me buddy :D

I accept everyone
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:01:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 10:54:07 AM, debateuser wrote:
At 7/4/2014 10:38:40 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.

accept me as a friend !! why do ignore me buddy :D

I accept everyone

We are already friends :D bulproof ignoring me in the friend request xD
Never fart near dog
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:05:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 11:04:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
Is the question too hard?

Is this a real question?

Do you think aristotle literally created the laws of logic? That is, before Aristotle the law of non contradiction didn't apply?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
skinker
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 3:16:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The primary astrological Signs are Archetypes and therefore eternal. In ancient Canaan the name of their highest God was EL which was also the name they called the planet Saturn. In effect, EL was the Canaanite Saturn and there is a mythos connected with Saturn that includes the devouring of Saturn's upstart children of which two were prominent: Baal and Yamm. EL changed Yamm's name to Yahwe in one ancient Canaanite cuniform text, but both Baal and Yamm were after EL's position as the Most High. Priests of Judah aided in Yamm, now Yahweh's Lucifer stunt by replacing EL with Yahweh in the Sinai Covenant, to make Yahweh the top God. Well, back to the Saturn mythos and we get Jesus Christ, Yahweh's namesake, taking the Fall for Yahweh's and Judah's attempt to replace EL with Yahweh. Can't be done. Who does Jesus cry out to from Cross? Yahweh or EL? "My EL, My EL!" Why hast Thou forsaken Me?

But EL didn't forsake Yahweh/Jesus, just punished him and reestablished the right Order of the Elohim, Father to Son.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:42:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:05:30 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:04:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
Is the question too hard?

Is this a real question?

Do you think aristotle literally created the laws of logic? That is, before Aristotle the law of non contradiction didn't apply?

So because the canaanites invented YWHW he has always existed.
Does that make sense to you?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:54:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 11:42:10 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:05:30 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:04:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
Is the question too hard?

Is this a real question?

Do you think aristotle literally created the laws of logic? That is, before Aristotle the law of non contradiction didn't apply?

So because the canaanites invented YWHW he has always existed.
Does that make sense to you?

You're making a use-mention fallacy by assuming the creation of a word for something means that's the first time a thing has been recorded as existing.

There were statues to YHWH even before there was a word for him and he was just part of a pantheon of Gods.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 12:59:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 11:54:04 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:42:10 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:05:30 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:04:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
Is the question too hard?

Is this a real question?

Do you think aristotle literally created the laws of logic? That is, before Aristotle the law of non contradiction didn't apply?

So because the canaanites invented YWHW he has always existed.
Does that make sense to you?

You're making a use-mention fallacy by assuming the creation of a word for something means that's the first time a thing has been recorded as existing.

There were statues to YHWH even before there was a word for him and he was just part of a pantheon of Gods.

And he was observed as a pagan god among many, before he was condensed into a single monothestic God. The Bible still contains many verses referring to this.

(Exodus 18:11) "Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them."
-
(2 Chronicles 2:5) "The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greaterA279; than all other gods."
-
(Daniel 11:35) "And the king will do according to his pleasure; and he will exalt himself and magnify himself over every god, and against the God of gods he will speak outrageous things."
-
(Psalm 82) "Who is like unto thee, O Lord, amongA279; the gods?"
-
(Exodus 3:6) "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Issac, and the God of Jacob."
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 2:03:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 11:42:10 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:05:30 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:04:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
Is the question too hard?

Is this a real question?

Do you think aristotle literally created the laws of logic? That is, before Aristotle the law of non contradiction didn't apply?

So because the canaanites invented YWHW he has always existed.
Does that make sense to you?

*facepalm*
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
AstridDragonSlayer
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 6:17:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.

With all respect, I think you are a little mistaken in the nature of YHWH. First of all, He never was a Canaanite god. Canaan had many gods--Baal, Ashertoth, Chemosh, (just to name a few)-- but YWHW was not one of them. YWHW was intimately involved in Creation, and walked with Adam in the cool of the evening (see Gen. 2). Yes, another name for YWHW was used here, but he has several. Same God though. Throughout Genesis, you see YWHW revealing himself to people, such as Noah, Abraham, and Jacob. Abraham was called by YWHW out of Ur to go out into the land of Canaan. So, humanly speaking, Abraham "brought" YWHW to Canaan. Then YWHW revealed that special name to Moses while the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt. He brought them out with his mighty hand and went with them through the desert into Canaan. The Canaanites had heard of YWHW because of his mighty deeds in Egypt, the world superpower at the time (see Joshua 2). So YWHW was not a minor Canaanite god. In fact, he wasn't a Canaanite god at all. He is the God of the universe. If you want to particularize him to a nation, then he would be Israel's God, not a Canaanite god. So your argument is unfounded.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 10:48:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/6/2014 6:17:05 PM, AstridDragonSlayer wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:34:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
YWHW was a minor god of the canaanites, why do you people believe he has always existed?

He was created by the canaanites or their ancestors. Not eternal at all.

With all respect, I think you are a little mistaken in the nature of YHWH. First of all, He never was a Canaanite god. Canaan had many gods--Baal, Ashertoth, Chemosh, (just to name a few)-- but YWHW was not one of them. YWHW was intimately involved in Creation, and walked with Adam in the cool of the evening (see Gen. 2). Yes, another name for YWHW was used here, but he has several. Same God though. Throughout Genesis, you see YWHW revealing himself to people, such as Noah, Abraham, and Jacob. Abraham was called by YWHW out of Ur to go out into the land of Canaan. So, humanly speaking, Abraham "brought" YWHW to Canaan. Then YWHW revealed that special name to Moses while the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt. He brought them out with his mighty hand and went with them through the desert into Canaan. The Canaanites had heard of YWHW because of his mighty deeds in Egypt, the world superpower at the time (see Joshua 2). So YWHW was not a minor Canaanite god. In fact, he wasn't a Canaanite god at all. He is the God of the universe. If you want to particularize him to a nation, then he would be Israel's God, not a Canaanite god. So your argument is unfounded.

Have you read the one about Goldilocks it's a real good one as well, or Mother Goose?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin